Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ingraham pushes for an end to all Muslim immigration

Right-wing radio host Laura Ingraham announced on her program Monday that she’s long believed the United States should shut down all immigration from central Asia and any nation with a majority Muslim population.

Going even further, Ingraham said she’s not sure why the U.S. allows people from central Asia either, particularly ethnic Chechnens, two of whom have been identified as the Boston bombing suspects.

“I would submit that people shouldn’t be coming here as tourists from Chechnya after 9/11,” Ingraham said. “Dagistan, Checnya, Kergystan, uh-uh. As George Bush would say, ‘None of them stans.’”

Because the Boston Marathon bombing happened right as the Senate prepares to take up immigration reform, some conservatives who want the immigration system to become more restrictive have cited the incident as cause for a rethink.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) in particular said on Friday that the attack is reason enough to put immigration reform on hold.

“How can individuals evade authority and plan such attacks on our soil? How can we beef up security checks on people who wish to enter the United States?” he asked. “How do we ensure that people who wish to do us harm are not eligible for benefits under the immigration laws, including this new bill before us?”

Grassley later backed off the implication that he was using the Boston bombings to jam up immigration reform, insisting, “I didn’t say that!” during a committee hearing on Monday.

This audio is from “The Laura Ingraham Show,” aired Monday, April 22, 2013, snipped by Mediaite.

by Anonymousreply 23205/30/2014

Well, that sure is surprising!

by Anonymousreply 104/23/2013

Please. NO ONE from a former Soviet republic was on anyone's radar as far as terrorism goes until the past week. Ingraham is latching onto this most recent meme solely for the purposes of expressing her dislike of immigration in general, as well as a general xenophobia towards "outsiders." Chechnens, Russians or whatever ... the specific title is irrelevant as long as they can be labeled "Muslim foreigners."

by Anonymousreply 304/23/2013

I don't mind them immigrating here but I wish the women would discard their burqa tents. Groups of them show up every week at our local farmer's market and they keep banging into the tables and tent poles because they can't see where they're walking. Last week two burqa'd women knocked over a table holding boxes of heirloom tomatoes. It was a mess. The man with them didn't even try to help them up or clean up the mess.

by Anonymousreply 404/23/2013

The only Constitutional amendments right wingers seem to care about are the second, ninth and tenth.

by Anonymousreply 604/23/2013

So if we're going to ban Turkish tourists from coming to the U.S. are we going to kick them out of NATO or what?

by Anonymousreply 704/23/2013

I agree with R8.

by Anonymousreply 904/23/2013

All cults should be banned.

by Anonymousreply 1004/23/2013

They wear pillowcases with a slit in them and call it fashion.

by Anonymousreply 1104/23/2013

On one hand, I'm fine with immigration and think we should throw open the borders to anyone who's willing to pay a big entrance tax and then all the taxes we're subject to, accepting all the responsibilities along with the rights. On the other hand, we have enough problems with the Xtians and their book of fairy tales; why invite even more extreme fanatics whose attitudes, beliefs and religious "laws" will only divide our nation (further) and specifically bring pain and suffering to gays, women, children and animals? Religious nuts always promise to assimilate, and they never do. And then we're stuck attempting to respect their beliefs while they do everything they can to marginalize and establish institutional discrimination against everyone unlike themselves. It is a quandary. If only we had some real leadership on this issue, and not all the predictable rhetoric from the right and feeble, jelly-splined defense from the left.

by Anonymousreply 1204/23/2013

R8 I agree with her too. I can't believe all the idiots on here who defend Muslims when the majority of them are VERY anti-gay. Not to mention many of the ones from shithole countries are twisted and violent.

by Anonymousreply 1304/23/2013

R15 that's not the point. Many Christians are anti gay too.

by Anonymousreply 1404/23/2013

Muslim community tipped off RCMP about terror plot

by Anonymousreply 1504/23/2013

Sure, Laura, right after you agree to a ban on all firearms. After all, even if we have another attack by radical Islamists on U.S soil this year, the number of people killed will pale in comparison to the number of Americans killed by handguns wielded by their fellow citizens.

by Anonymousreply 1604/23/2013

I think the easiest policy is to treat people from foreign countries, the same way they treat Americans. Remember when you defend these murdering camel jockeys, that they would hang all of you bone smokers in the town square if they could.

by Anonymousreply 1904/23/2013

[quote]Seriously, Laura, Sen. Grassley, idiot DLers, et al--how many actual Americans do you know who circumscribe their day-to-day activities and avoid certain streets/neighborhoods, and fear walking to school/sending their children to school because of terrorist Muslims? Be specific.

It hasn't happened it the USA... yet. But, as previous posters on this thread have stated, there are high-crime, Muslim ghettos in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 2004/23/2013

Please, R21. Americans still act like the world is their oyster, that they should be able to go anywhere, do anything and get treated as they would (or better) at home.

I can't tell you how many guys I knew a few years ago in the petrochemical industry, who left here periodically to make megabucks at ARAMCO in Saudi Arabia, and bitched about the lack of alcohol on every corner; about how impossible it was to get laid easily.

Or check out the reality show about white American men just showing up in African countries to dig for gold, and being *outraged* when the natives get pissed with them.

How about 90% of episodes of Locked Up Abroad?

United Fruit Company, anyone?

Union Carbide?

by Anonymousreply 2104/23/2013

R16 So why allow more anti-gay assholes in the country?

How dumb are you sticking up for people who kill gays in certain countries?

by Anonymousreply 2204/23/2013

There's more to crime and its perpetrators than being Muslim, R22. I don't know very much about Islam or Muslims, nor do I care to, but I'm sure there was crime in Europe before they arrived.

by Anonymousreply 2304/23/2013

r4, you are aware that not all Muslim women wear burqas, right? Also that many Muslim women who wear them are born here? The first woman I ever saw wearing a burqa was a Black Muslim with a Midwestern accent.

by Anonymousreply 2404/23/2013

Were there neighborhoods cops avoided entering, r25?

by Anonymousreply 2504/23/2013

There certainly could've been, how would I know. Where are the neighborhoods cops won't enter due to the Muslim infestation?

by Anonymousreply 2604/23/2013

Considering we had a ten-year occupation of predominantly Islamic countries people in the U.S. are abysmally ignorant about Muslims and Islam. Here are a few fun facts.

Islam is a religion. Anyone can become a Muslim just by converting to Islam (ever heard of Malcom X and Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam?) Therefore, the idea of banning Muslims is absurd on the face of it and frankly offensive in a country in which religious freedom is constitutionally guaranteed.

Not all Arabs are Muslims.

Not all Muslims are Arabs. The majority of Muslims are non-Arab. Iranians, for instance, aren't Arabs but Persians. There are tons of Muslims in Asia, like the ones the Buddhist monks in Myanmar are currently persecuting, and in the former Soviet Union, like the Boston bombers, and in Europe (the Ottoman Empire, which was a major world power up until the twentieth century, operated out of Turkey.)

So to treat Muslims as though they're part of this big colony of ants who operate robotically in unison is just anus-ignorant. The fact that the entire Muslim world didn't rise up and crush us when we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq should be proof enough that they aren't. Horrible as it was the Boston bombing was nothing compared to what people in Afghanistan and Iraq have suffered since we "liberated" them.

by Anonymousreply 2704/23/2013

We agree with Ingraham. You've got to nip it in the bud.

Look what happened to us-those white Christian European fanatics fucked us up good.

by Anonymousreply 2804/23/2013

Some people just don't know what's good for them.

[quote]We agree with Ingraham. You've got to nip it in the bud.

True. Europe is too far gone.

[quote]Look what happened to us-those white Christian European fanatics fucked us up good.

That was for the best though. Native Americans just lived in huts, those Europeans built what we have today.

by Anonymousreply 2904/23/2013

Great. That would really make us well loved in the world and increase our security, influence and national interests.

by Anonymousreply 3004/23/2013

What makes you think I was sticking up for Muslim, r24 ?

So you will happily let some homophobia into America as long as he's not a Muslim?

If whether or not being a Muslim would be considered as one of the criteria for immigration, so should all other religions.

For me I don't care for any of those religions. Especially Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. My point is people from different religions should be treated equally.

by Anonymousreply 3104/23/2013

[quote]The US IS a country of immigrants.

Yes. But, that doesn't mean that there should be an open door immigration policy. We've already seen that damage that has caused in Britain.

There are over 300 million people living on only so much land and I think we'd all rather those people weren't Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 3404/23/2013

[quote]All cults should be banned.

Cunts, too, starting with Ingraham and Coulter.

by Anonymousreply 3504/23/2013

[quote]Just ban all religion.

I'd be happy if we just taxed them. Does that happen anywhere in the world?

by Anonymousreply 3604/23/2013

This highly racist proposal makes the specious assumption that all 1.5 billion Muslims in the world think exactly alike. I don't think that even you closeted fascists are THAT stupid.

by Anonymousreply 3704/23/2013

[quotes] that all 1.5 billion Muslims in the world think exactly alike.

Yikes, that many! They're all pretty homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 3804/23/2013

Well, of course she's 100% wrong. America doesn't discriminate based on religion. But I do think it's time for the Muslim community to assess why the great majority of terror acts in the name of God are perpetrated by their young men. When a mass shooting happens here, we have endless debate on what in our society led to it and what we can do to stop it (all pretty fruitless, but at least there's a conversation). When someone kills innocents for Allah, all you hear from the Muslim community is complaints about the backlash and various conspiracy theories. Never thoughtful discourse about how to reverse the trend.

by Anonymousreply 3904/23/2013

R41. True. They need to think of their problems.

On the other hand, is any of those gun related violence labeled as terrorism? Why not?

by Anonymousreply 4004/23/2013

The line "America is a country of immigrants" was from an earlier time, when people came from countries that were, for the most part, "on the same page" in terms of values and cultural references. And they did not go around saying "I hate America" or "America is the Devil."

There are plenty of ways to criticize US foreign policy, and other countries' foreign policy. That is another thread.

This is about cohesion, harmony, peaceful coexistence and shared goals and values in a national population.

by Anonymousreply 4104/23/2013

Hear, hear, R43.

by Anonymousreply 4204/23/2013

[quote]This is about cohesion, harmony, peaceful coexistence and shared goals and values in a national population.

However, you can't use someone's religion (or lack thereof) as a proxy for judging those things.

by Anonymousreply 4304/23/2013

R45, I'd disagree. The problem with the Muslim religion is in the way it's set up. Muhammad's word is indisputable and must be followed to the letter. This creates a religion that is inherently fundamentalist. Other religions at least have some pretense that their sacred texts can be examined and debated. The Muslim religion doesn't permit that.

Now, I think she's a moron and a ridiculous person. Most Muslims aren't interested in blowing things up. But there is this macho fundie aspect to the faith that really sets off young men, and that has to be looked at.

Personally, I'd ban all immigration at this point, for our sake and theirs. And that includes Europeans and anyone else who wants to relocate here. We have a huge population of jobless and underemployed people, and things are getting worse. To bring other people in to compete for the few jobs there are is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 4404/23/2013

I disagree with her about everything but this issue. She's right about this.

by Anonymousreply 4504/23/2013

Jesus, what a shit hole of a thread.

by Anonymousreply 4604/23/2013

[quote]This is about cohesion, harmony, peaceful coexistence and shared goals and values in a national population.

Gee, that sounds familiar...

[quote]The National Government will regard it as its first and foremost duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and cooperation. It will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life. -- Adolf Hitler

by Anonymousreply 4704/23/2013

R49 there you go...

by Anonymousreply 4804/23/2013

R49, If you want to find something evil in peaceful coexistence, that's your problem.

It seems to me that the Nazis were not famous and infamous for peace, but for hate, division, closing down free speech, persecution of Jews, gays, intellectuals, artists, homosexuals - and they have all of that in common with the extreme Muslim fanatics.

by Anonymousreply 4904/23/2013

Yeah, 49, that's quite a stretch. One could argue that these young Muslim fundies have more in common with the Nazis, and that would be somewhat accurate. They want to wipe the Jews off the face of the Earth, for one thing.

But these arguments always go too far. Most American Muslims are not a problem and never will be. I think the larger issue concerns thhe fact that this country is no longer in a position to offer prosperity to its own citizens, let alone immigrants, and that we need to rethink all immigration.

by Anonymousreply 5004/23/2013

We should have banned all Germans/Nazis after WWII.

by Anonymousreply 5104/23/2013

OP posts this as if it matters.

by Anonymousreply 5204/23/2013

I recall the uproar at DL when Georg Haider, the Governor of Carinthia, in Austria, said that he wanted to close the borders of his state to Muslim immigration. Everyone claimed he was a new version of Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 5304/23/2013

R36, the US has never had an "open door" immingation policy for brown people.

by Anonymousreply 5404/23/2013

LOL, I love how people take what this douchebag woman screeches about as seriously as if she were a Senator or Congressperson.

Then again, PT Barnum was right - Ingraham knows it, I know it, you know it.

by Anonymousreply 5504/23/2013

Yes, what R54 posted.

by Anonymousreply 5604/23/2013

ITA with her.

by Anonymousreply 5704/23/2013

Her stance is totally UN-AMERICAN.

Why don't these people get the totally hypocracy in their stances? These so-called pro-american conservatives are anything but.

Do you support FREEDOM? Do you support CIVIL LIBERTIES? Do you support THE CONSTITUTION?

Because people like Laura IngraASS would take these things away from you in a heartbeat if they could.

by Anonymousreply 5804/23/2013

[quote]One could argue that these young Muslim fundies have more in common with the Nazis, and that would be somewhat accurate. They want to wipe the Jews off the face of the Earth, for one thing.

You mean the 2 Muslim fundies who don't speak for the 1.5 billion Muslims in the world? That's not really fair to conflate one set of values with the other, is it?

Or you could pay attention to the fact that calling for "shared goals and values in a national population" is a pretty fucking Nazi sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 5904/23/2013

This is all I have to say:

by Anonymousreply 6004/23/2013

R62 and his link speak the truth.

[quote]Do you support FREEDOM? Do you support CIVIL LIBERTIES? Do you support THE CONSTITUTION?

Muslims don't. However, it's clear you support CAPS LOCK.

by Anonymousreply 6104/23/2013

Seriously R61, you think there are only two Muslims who hate Jews? Have you ever met a Muslim? I guess the past seventy years of Arab/Israeli upheaval has been a minor misunderstanding.

by Anonymousreply 6204/23/2013

R62: why are we discussing the UK? Last time I checked, the recent attack was in the US. Look up some opinion polls on US muslims and get back to us.

R64: Did I say that? No, I did not. The point is that making judgments on 1.5 billion Muslims based on minority extremist elements is unfair. Just like it would be unfair to judge the global Jewish population based on the opinions of extremist wingnut idiots on DL.

by Anonymousreply 6304/23/2013

The sooner the fucking better! They'll eventually unravel all of the advances we've made in gay rights. Muslims hang and behead gays (and suspected gays). Their religion of peace is treacherous to gay men. Remember that.

As bad as Christians can be, Muslims are far, far worse to homosexuals. Christians dislike us and don't want us to have rights. Muslims fucking KILL us.

by Anonymousreply 6404/23/2013

The extremist kkkristains would like to kill the gays too, don't kid yourself, they are every bit as hateful as the extremist Muslims.

Religion is a mind warp.

by Anonymousreply 6504/23/2013

[quote]why are we discussing the UK? Last time I checked, the recent attack was in the US. Look up some opinion polls on US muslims and get back to us.

Yes, US Muslims and so wonderful and so very different from the ones in Britain.

(Rolls eyes).

The UK must be discussed, because that is the result of an "anything goes" approach to the immigration of Muslims. All one has to do see why Ingraham is right, (if only on this one issue.) is to look at the UK.

by Anonymousreply 6604/23/2013

Fascist pig.

by Anonymousreply 6704/23/2013

I agree with Laura, keep 'em out and make them leave. They've done enough damage and what the fuck are they doing over here anyway. Just enjoying our freedoms and hating on us at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 6804/23/2013

R52 has it right on the money. There have been extensive studies done on this.

The reason why Europe has problems with Islam is because immigrants are never fully integrated into society there. Why? Because the concept of British, German, French, Spanish (and so on) is a specific set of identity markers that effectively exclude people not like. You really can't separate being French or Spanish or even Italian from being Catholic, for instance. There is no room for movement or inclusion, which is why immigrants (muslims in particular) feel excluded from larger society. In effect, they are. You can either be French or muslim, but not both, and a muslim can't really be French anyway because they're not white and don't share 1,000 years of Gallic history.

Canada and the US is particular are very different because we have inclusive cultures - what it means to be Canadian or American is much more fluid. That is precisely why you don't see suburbs filled with disaffected muslims as you do in Europe. In fact, Dearborn MI is quite prosperous, no?

To agree with R52, native born muslims in the west will never really be a problem. You would think that one disaffected minority (gays) wouldn't be calling for the mass deportation of another.

by Anonymousreply 6904/23/2013

Muslims in Europe are definitely not integrated in Europe, and that's because they don't want to be. They choose not to conform to the norms of the countries they immigrate to.

You would think that one disaffected minority (gays) wouldn't be calling for the mass deportation of another.

Obviously, not if that minority is homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 7004/23/2013

Muslims suck.

Al-Taqiya – the Islamic art of lying and deceiving non-Muslims in the cause of Islam – is an age-old Islamic practice, used since the days of Prophet Muhammad. Despite being widely discussed Muslims continue to practice Taqiya even in explaining what Taqiya is.

Quran 3:28 permits pretending friendship with infidels: “Let not believers take disbelievers as allies rather than believers. And whoever [of you] does that has nothing with Allah, except when taking precaution against them in prudence. And Allah warns you of Himself, and to Allah is the [final] destination.”

Fuck 'em.

by Anonymousreply 7104/23/2013

R71 wrote: "Canada and the US is particular are very different because we have inclusive cultures ....That is precisely why you don't see suburbs filled with disaffected muslims as you do in Europe."

Disaffected muslims caused 9/11, disaffected muslims caused this latest disaster.

The US has it's share of disaffected muslims.

by Anonymousreply 7204/23/2013

I forgot to quote this:

[quote]You would think that one disaffected minority (gays) wouldn't be calling for the mass deportation of another.

by Anonymousreply 7304/23/2013

R71, right, 'identity markers' - otherwise known as "racism". We get it. You hate dark people and brown people, just like Galliano or that dreadful Italian woman.

by Anonymousreply 7504/23/2013

R73, Mormons have the same concept. And that's the real reason we had the Prop 8 result, not black voters.

by Anonymousreply 7604/23/2013

Ingraham is an idiot but something must be done about Islamism in the Western world. I notice that many Liberals have no problem bashing and condemning Christians ( and often Israeli Jews) for their flaws, but have a closed mouth and excuse the many heinous flaws found in Islamism.

Honor killings, international terrorism, child brides, inequality, incredible violence, hatred, actually executing homosexuals not just talking about it, and on and on gets overlooked because Muslims are the perpetrators. If it were Christians or Jews doing these things, they'd be condemned even more than they already are.

by Anonymousreply 7804/23/2013

[quote]"I don't care about if she knew or not. She ought to be in prison for wearing a hee-job."

[quote]"Did she get a clitorectomy too?"

Actual quotes from Anne Coulter, talking about the dead bomber's wife.

by Anonymousreply 7904/23/2013

I agree, R80.

by Anonymousreply 8004/23/2013

[quote]Anne Coulter

Not to be gauche, but it's just Ann_.

by Anonymousreply 8104/23/2013

[quote]I agree with Laura, keep 'em out and make them leave. They've done enough damage and what the fuck are they doing over here anyway. Just enjoying our freedoms and hating on us at the same time.

Who knew that George W. posted here?

Our freedoms? Gays are free in the US? Fuck off, you stupid shit.

Christians have done more damage to the US than Muslims ever could.

by Anonymousreply 8204/23/2013

[quote]They'll eventually unravel all of the advances we've made in gay rights.

lmao!!!

by Anonymousreply 8304/23/2013

[quote]All one has to do see why Ingraham is right, (if only on this one issue.) is to look at the UK.

If you hate the US Constitution so badly, there's the door.

by Anonymousreply 8404/23/2013

[quote]However, if the left doesn’t stand up against Islamism, then you run the risk of the right taking over of the situation and ending up hurting all Muslims.

Then why have we won election after election? The Right runs against Islam, and anyone brown, and they can't win because of it. You're too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 8504/23/2013

[quote] I notice that many Liberals have no problem bashing and condemning Christians ( and often Israeli Jews) for their flaws, but have a closed mouth and excuse the many heinous flaws found in Islamism.

Here, let me help you find your way back.

by Anonymousreply 8604/23/2013

[quote] I can't believe all the idiots on here who defend Muslims when the majority of them are VERY anti-gay.

We're defending the constitution. Tons of minorities are anti-gay. You're a dope, with a serve comprehension problem. That's why you're a stupid Republicunt.

by Anonymousreply 8704/23/2013

Just PLEASE don't cancel Shahs of Sunset!

by Anonymousreply 8804/23/2013

R84-R89 is the same person

by Anonymousreply 8904/23/2013

Trolldar R84 to see the page light up!

by Anonymousreply 9004/23/2013

Why do we give a fuck what people in other countries think? Fuck em

by Anonymousreply 9104/23/2013

I see Ann Miller got here first.

by Anonymousreply 9204/23/2013

Ingraham did not say deport existing American Muslims, she merely said to prevent the entry of any more Muslims.

I'm the first person of page 1 to agree with her. Continents can change quickly. Look what we did to America and Canada. What the English did to Australia. The proof is within recent history if we'd only open up our eyes.

Their immigration to America MUST stop now and I will vote for anyone with that policy.

by Anonymousreply 9404/23/2013

The only thing to say about Laura Ingraham is that when her (possibly married) boyfriend dumped her, she went insane.

He was out of town. She went to his house, took his garden hose, stuck it through the mail slot, turned it on and left.

She's just another bunny boiler.

by Anonymousreply 9504/23/2013

R97, is that true? Was she charged?

by Anonymousreply 9604/23/2013

It is true, I don't believe she was charged but I could be wrong. It was years ago.

by Anonymousreply 9704/23/2013

[quote] And disturbing the population with calls to prayer through a PA system will not be tolerated. Would you want to live next door to that? 5 times a day?

I'm atheist. Why should I have to listen to those damned church bells from the cathedral down the street? I can't tolerate it. They should be made to stop interfering with my peace of mind.

by Anonymousreply 9804/23/2013

Any gay supporting Muslim immigration is very, very stupid. And what's worse is they think they're the opposite. Islam is dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 9904/23/2013

R101 Exactly. How stupid can gay people be? In a lot of those Muslim countries, they put people to death for being gay. So why are some dumb ass gays supporting Muslim immigration?

They're more violent than any other "religion".

by Anonymousreply 10004/23/2013

R84/R85/R86/R87/R88/R88 = Muslim having meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 10104/23/2013

I agree with R88, though I disagree with the vehemence here towards all Muslims.

People here have no problem bashing the Jewish or Christian religions, but will not tolerate the slightest criticism of the Muslim religion. It does seem like there are a couple of Muslim people here who won't tolerate criticism of their religion, which only reinforces the feelings people already have.

I think the Muslim faith is inherently fundamentalist, and that's a serious problem.

by Anonymousreply 10204/23/2013

[quote]I agree with [R88]

And his various aliases?

by Anonymousreply 10304/23/2013

I think R104 meant to agree with R80.

by Anonymousreply 10404/23/2013

Yeah, sorry. I meant R80.

by Anonymousreply 10604/23/2013

Oh yeah, and I'm R104...I meant to agree with R80.

by Anonymousreply 10704/23/2013

R107...you're completely wrong. 100 percent. People have consistently attacked the Christian and Jewish religions here. The hypocrisy is when the Muslim faith is criticized. Then it gets turned into a "racial" issue, even though that has nothing to do with it. Some liberals have really gone overboard in that regard, which is bizarre given how right-wing most Muslim people in the world are.

Even here...I did some canvassing for a gay marriage equality vote, and one housing project we went into had primarily Muslim people. And over and over they made it very clear they would never support gay rights because of their faith. And it was consistent...even people who supported Obama and the Democrats were clear the being gay is against their faith and they'd never support it.

by Anonymousreply 10804/23/2013

[quote] So to treat Muslims as though they're part of this big colony of ants who operate robotically in unison is just anus-ignorant. The fact that the entire Muslim world didn't rise up and crush us when we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq should be proof enough that they aren't.

They were all too busy slaughtering and fighting people in their own countries to bother with us in Afghanistan. And a lot of muslims from other countries came to Iraq to fight the Americans. That was the big problem

by Anonymousreply 10904/23/2013

R107, you are both dishonest and dense. What R80 said was obviously difficult for you to digest because it's true. There are people bashing Christians in this very thread and ( most appearing to be pro-Muslim immigration) and you're asking for evidence? Did R80 just 'notice' the honor killings, terrorism, and child brides? Do you need any evidence to support those claims? Or are those issues too inconvenient for you to even address? Try to use logic instead of emotion, it may actually benefit your incredibly weak argument.

Is this enough proof for you?

by Anonymousreply 11004/23/2013

[quote]And a lot of muslims from other countries came to Iraq to fight the Americans. That was the big problem

Are you seriously this stupid? How are you not embarrassed for even typing that? The problem is that Americans came to fight in Iraq...period.

Oh let's pretend that Dubya's little war wasn't based on Jesus telling him to do it long before 9/11. More than half a million people lost their lives and countless others have been maimed over there, but most Americans being myopic idiots think "those" people should just move on, but Americans are allowed to be angry at an entire region at the drop of a hat.

by Anonymousreply 11104/23/2013

The moment we start kicking out people based exclusively on their religious beliefs, American ceases to be a democracy. The boot-licking fascists on this thread seem to be okay with that. I'm not.

Kicking out people who advocate violence against the US I'm okay with. The problem is that mouth-breathing idiots on this thread have decided that every Muslim on the planet is a terrorist. Sad, if that kind of brain-dead generalization wasn't so dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 11204/24/2013

R114= brain dead pseudo-liberal.

Look, hon, there's a difference between 'kicking out all Muslims' who live here, and recognizing that the religion is inherently fundamentalist and prone to extremism. I think ALL immigration should stop, not just Muslims. But at this point we need to stop defending this one religion because of the 9/11 backlash. If we can condemn other religions for fostering prejudice and hate, then we must condemn it with the Muslim religion too. Particularly since Muslims belong to a religion that is set up to be fundamentalist, and so many Muslims have no interest in being a part of any society r culture other than their own.

by Anonymousreply 11304/24/2013

There are some incredibly fucked up bigots posting in this thread. It may be just one sad, bitter, lunatic racist who rants a lot, like our caterwauling little Stormfront visitor.

Unless you're Native American, you come from an immigrant family here. My family came over on the Mayflower - we are an immigrant family.

This anti-immigrant hysteria is beneath contempt.

by Anonymousreply 11404/24/2013

R107, you have to be joking. If you think that honor killings, child brides, and executing homosexuals are issues I just made up out of thin air, then this topic is beyond your scope. Build an argument in support of something you have basic knowledge of, dear. Stop embarrassing yourself. Desperately wishing something not to be true won't make it so.

Would you like me to go on? I'd be more than happy to.

'Honor' murderer boasts of triple killing

by Anonymousreply 11504/24/2013

There are a few here talking about stop all immigration. Could someone tell me what would happen if we do that?

by Anonymousreply 11604/24/2013

R116...Being opposed to religion is not racism, dimwit. You keep saying "Stormfront" over and over, but frankly you're the one exhibiting stormfront-like behavior here. You're virtually hysterical.

You're a mess. A BIG mess. And frankly, you are the one coming across like a bigot.

by Anonymousreply 11704/24/2013

R118...what would happen is that we might have jobs to offer people.

by Anonymousreply 11804/24/2013

R119, mon petit Poirot, that was my first post to this thread. Unlike you, I am not fixated on this issue, nor will I become fixated on this issue.

You are just another hysterical bigot, trying to rationalize your irrational hatred. We are aware that this is simply a projection of your self-hatred. It's very sad and of course we pity you.

Now run along, dear, Bed Bath and Beyond is having a big sale on white sheets for your new Summer robes. All the other bigots will be green with envy. Or dysentery.

by Anonymousreply 11904/24/2013

Notice how Islamic bigotry is never an issue and never addressed by the people calling others a bigot? It's just so hilarious. Islamic bigotry is the good kind of bigotry, don't you know? If you don't support terrorism, honor killing, toddler marriage, the beheading/murder of gay people, Muslims doing whatever they want to do, Muslims turning your country into Saudi Arabia, then you're a bigot! You're a bigot if you don't allow Muslims to be bigots! Too bad that argument doesn't work.The Muslim in this thread is self-destructing, just completely losing his mind and can never address any of the points that have been raised. You know you're winning when the opposition starts having an emotional breakdown.

You know it's bad when a woman rather set herself ablaze than remain with her severely abusive husband who can beat the hell out of her at will because the authorities really don't care since she's just a woman.

by Anonymousreply 12004/24/2013

R123 Run back to your American Idol thread sweetie. This is the wrong one.

by Anonymousreply 12204/24/2013

R122, are you forgetting that it's impossible for a Muslim to be a bigot? There is just no way, it doesn't happen. Everything they do is good and pure and you can never believe otherwise, EVER. Daughters who shame their families should be killed, 3 years old should marry 65 year old men, gays should be put to death for being gay, and people who die in terrorist attacks deserve it. If you don't think so you're a bigot. You better shape up and get yourself in line. It's all about Allah.

by Anonymousreply 12304/24/2013

I was told that I was just making things up so I thought I should provide a little more evidence.

Iran executes three men on homosexuality charges

by Anonymousreply 12404/24/2013

R126 There's no point - some people on here are so fucking stupid that they'll STILL defend these nasty, violent Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 12504/24/2013

And they've brought their child marriage customs with them to the West. If you think I'm making this up too I'll glad post more links.

Iranian Child Brides Get Younger — And More Numerous

by Anonymousreply 12604/24/2013

From the looks of this thread you're right, R127. And it's pretty pathetic. You're either against religious fundamentalism or you're not. You can't point out Christian and Jewish flaws but say nothing about Muslims ( who are much worse). Someone in this thread has a lot invested in defending Muslims tooth and nail and I'm beginning to understand why that is.

by Anonymousreply 12704/24/2013

When the USA finally realizes that religion is detrimental to society, it will be too late.

by Anonymousreply 12804/24/2013

There are many Muslims who are not supportive of child marriage or punishing gays. I have two female friends who are Muslims. They wear scarf on their head, don't drink or eat pork but they have no issue about my sexuality. One of them even buy cute color-coordinated matching gifts for me and my partner. The first time I hesitantly told her about my sexuality, she hugged me and said just be careful about HIV. I'm the only male among our friends circle she hugs without hesitation.

We reject many like-minded, educated and tolerant Muslims from entering our country while we allow potentially risky people to join in our society. What we can do is introduce screening process so those with intolerance cannot enter.

by Anonymousreply 12904/24/2013

[quote]There are many Muslims who are not supportive of child marriage or punishing gays

Not if R110 is telling the truth, (and he is):

[quote]Even here...I did some canvassing for a gay marriage equality vote, and one housing project we went into had primarily Muslim people. And over and over they made it very clear they would never support gay rights because of their faith. And it was consistent...even people who supported Obama and the Democrats were clear the being gay is against their faith and they'd never support it.

by Anonymousreply 13004/24/2013

Okay, R131. Instead of saying [italic]all[/italic] Muslims are homophobic, we can now say the overwhelming majority are.

Really, R131, you just don't know what's good for you.

by Anonymousreply 13204/24/2013

What r132 said.

I'm baffled by why any person is pre-occupied with a prophet, god, Jesus, or spirit.

Still, despite the fear-mongering of r132, I find it very easy to know that, right now, there are millions of Muslims around the world minding their own business, getting their children to school, working, with nary a thought of engaging in acts meant to terrorize me.

by Anonymousreply 13304/24/2013

ooops- that should be "What r133 said."

by Anonymousreply 13404/24/2013

Stop all immigration until there is full employment

by Anonymousreply 13504/24/2013

Laura Cuntingham is hardly a voice of reason on this issue.

by Anonymousreply 13604/24/2013

Yes, R113, America should have never invaded Iraq. But calling others stupid for pointing out the fact that the current violence there is done by different branches of Islam is nothing but stupid. There is a real war going on between the Sunnis and Shias, because the Quran calls for the killing of hypocrites, those who do not follow Islam as is. Both sects feel their way is the right way which makes the others the hypocrites. According to their religion it is their duty to kill the hypocrites, add to that people’s desire for power, and you get ruthless violence. America never invaded Syria or Bahrain, for example, but this violent conflict is happening there as well.

America at this point is nothing but a nation ruled by infidels which Islamism can’t take on by force right now so they spread their brain-washing nonsense in other ways. Young and frustrated men are the perfect target for that.

We shouldn’t fight Muslim immigration, we need to fight the Islamists leaders.

by Anonymousreply 13704/24/2013

Freedom of religion is fundemental to the American democracy.

This thread is below the bar. All because of two crazy kids who learned to make bombs on the Internet- and use them. Meanwhile 250 American per day are killed by handguns- non events, huh? Get those immigrants, especially the Muslims.

Those who think we are not a country of immigrants does not know our history. And if you think like an early poster that in times gone by immigrants came from similar countries, think again. Congo (laves), Ireland (famine) Vietnam (communism and totalitarianism- Vietnamese immigrants have surpassed white in mean income since arriving in the 70s), Eastern Europe (turn of the 19/20th Centuries- monarchies) etc.

And to those who say immigrants take away jobs-no they take the jobs American will not do.

The groups most similar to fundementalist Muslims are far right evangelical Christians and Zionists- in fact many of the neo- Nazi groups are that kind of "Christian".

Lots of rationalizations on this thread for bigotry that resemble the same kind of rationalization used again homosexuals. It is all rot and will not carry the day- today or tomorrow. Of that I am certain.

by Anonymousreply 13804/24/2013

And here’s R140 just on cue, to remind us it’s the Jews we need to worry about, because of the Zionist in the same sentence as “neo- Nazi groups”. And of course saying that objecting anti-gay groups is the same as "kind of rationalization used again homosexuals".

I’m sorry you feel people who can see through that crap are “below the bar”, R140.

by Anonymousreply 13904/24/2013

If they weren't standing on the last drops of oil in the planet, 90% of Americans would never have heard of Muslims. And you know I'm right.

And whoever said they have problems assimilating in Europe is correct. The problem with that is they form gangs. Look at the history of America's gangster activity. Before we accepted the fact that Italians, Jews and Irish were okay (white), they ran the criminal elements.

by Anonymousreply 14004/24/2013

R72 = Racist idiot who really doesn't understand how closed and reified European cultures truly are. R74 = Idiot who doesn't see Muslims in any way as American, even though a great deal of them were born here. The 9/11 agents weren't born in the US and certainly weren't American citizens, moron. R77 = Idiot who didn't read my original post at R71. R141 = Racist raving idiot who fails at reading comprehension.

This thread is precisely what I fucking hate about DL sometimes. You guys are really no better than FreeRepublic.

Islam as a religion has its problems, particularly in the fanaticism that it engenders.

But that's not really the issue here. What many of you are advocating for is not only stopping all muslim immigration, but also the deportation of muslims who are US citizens. How do you prove that somebody is a muslim? Blacklist entire countries? Like Turkey, which is mostly secular? How about Lebanon, which is majority muslim, but also has a large Christian population? Now those Russians sneak in, some of whom are muslims. France is also 10% muslim now, so we should probably stop all migration from France just in case. And definitely Indonesia, which is virtually 100% muslim, and certainly India, because you just never know.

See the stupidity in the argument?

by Anonymousreply 14104/24/2013

I'm from Europe, R143.

by Anonymousreply 14204/24/2013

What's this about blacklisting countries r143? It's not about nations or race or anything like that. It's very simple: if you have anything to do with Islam you don't get in. If you faked it and it's found out later, you're deported.

by Anonymousreply 14304/24/2013

The delusional racists who post increasingly wild suggestions are laughable, at best.

Ingraham's ilk are losers who are pushing the GOP party into extinction - don't get me wrong, I'm fine with that; never enough liberals in my view.

Keep being bigots and racists, guys.

by Anonymousreply 14404/24/2013

R143/146...you're ever bit as bad as she is. You're a knee jerk hysteric who goes off half cocked and just hurls the word "racist" at everyone. Frankly, you seem mentally ill.

Anyone who isn't concerned about Muslim extremists at this point is a nut.

But I'm sure you sympathize with the suspect of the bombing in Boston, rather than with the victims.

by Anonymousreply 14504/24/2013

R146...religion is not race. You can keep saying "racist" but it just makes you look like a complete fool.

by Anonymousreply 14604/24/2013

What an ignorant cunt! Why is our country so full of ignorant people?

The main answer would probably be, Rush Limbaugh and his propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 14704/24/2013

R147, R148 - just keep doing what you're doing. Worked well for us in Texas and California last year, and I'm sure it will continue working its magic in 2014. :-)

by Anonymousreply 14804/24/2013

R150...honestly, you're extremely confused.

I'm a Democrat, snookums. And a real liberal, not a pseudo-liberal like you. Religion is destructive, and the Muslim religion is one of the very worse, mainly to the people living under its theocracies. Religion is not race, dear. You're racist for conflating them, they're not the same thing.

I cannot understand the white pseudo-liberal position on this issue. You idiots rail against other religions, yet defend Islam with a fervor bordering on lunacy. I invite you, as a gay person, to visit Iran or Pakistan. You won't last long.

If the Democrats continue to ignore the problem with Muslim extremism it will hurt us at the ballot box. Because most people can see this is a growing problem here in the US.

by Anonymousreply 14904/24/2013

The Right applauds Christian terrorists. They're using Muslims to stop brown people from being let into the country. Islam is the least of their worries. There's a bigger agenda here. BTW, what Ingraham is suggesting is never going to happen, so you can cheerlead her all you want, but it's not going to do anything but expose what an ignorant buffoon you are.

BTW, they love Muslims because they want a religious war to star. "Onward Christian soldiers" is their theme song.

by Anonymousreply 15004/24/2013

r84 That's because they are no gays in Islam.

by Anonymousreply 15104/24/2013

R152...Who cares what the right wants and doesn't want? I certainly don't.

BTW...you're contradicting yourself.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Ingraham is a complete loon (much like the pro-Muslim nut here) but she has a point in this one instance.

As for "keeping brown people out", that's your conflation. Not all Muslims are "brown people" dear, IE the Boston bombers. You're racist.

by Anonymousreply 15204/24/2013

R154/R151 speaks the truth.

by Anonymousreply 15304/25/2013

[italic]That's because they are no gays in Islam.

by: haven't you heard?[/italic]

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 15404/25/2013

[italic]Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Ingraham is a complete loon (much like the pro-Muslim nut here) but she has a point in this one instance.

As for "keeping brown people out", that's your conflation. Not all Muslims are "brown people" dear, IE the Boston bombers. You're racist.[/italic]

F&F

[quote]If the Democrats continue to ignore the problem with Muslim extremism it will hurt us at the ballot box. Because most people can see this is a growing problem here in the US.

You're not a Democrat, and we keep winning elections, while Republicans like you keep on with their Islamaphobic bullshit. The Muslim-guy Obama is not going to suicide bomb himself in the White House. He's not going to give jobs to the Muslim Brotherhood. We're not starting another war for you. If you don't like living in America, under the US Constitution, LEAVE! The world is not coming to end, no matter how much you wish that it would, you miserable cunt. The United States is a melting pot. That's never going to change. It sounds like you can't deal with that. There's the door, toots!

by Anonymousreply 15504/25/2013

[quote][R152]...Who cares what the right wants and doesn't want? I certainly don't.

Bwahahaha!!!

by Anonymousreply 15604/25/2013

R156 to R158 = the same person.

by Anonymousreply 15704/25/2013

"I agree with her. Do allow these people to come into our country risks the ruination of America. Look at England, look at France, Germany, the Netherlands----all culturally polluted by inferiors who will never assimilate."

If you agree with Laura Ingraham then you have no right to call other people "inferiors." You right-wing rednecks are the "inferiors" - especially you, since you are dumb enough to side with some stupid snatch who hates gays. This is just fear of "outsiders" and the same people who bitch and moan about Muslims are the same people who hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 15804/25/2013

"if you have anything to do with Islam you don't get in."

So even very moderate Muslims can't get in? How fair is that?

"Ingraham is a complete loon (much like the pro-Muslim nut here) but she has a point in this one instance."

No, she doesn't have a point. You and the other Laura fans are very, very stupid. You probably masturbate to pictures of Pat Buchanan.

"I invite you, as a gay person, to visit Iran or Pakistan. You won't last long."

What does that have to do with anything? Being against Muslim EXTREMISTS is one thing, it's another to persecute all Muslims.

"You idiots rail against other religions, yet defend Islam with a fervor bordering on lunacy"

You rednecks rail against Muslims, but defend right-wing Christian fanatics who hate gays. How many anti-gay ballot initiatives in America were started by Muslims? Probably zero. But Mormons and Christians love to attack gays every chance they get.

by Anonymousreply 15904/25/2013

"And they've brought their child marriage customs with them to the West. If you think I'm making this up too I'll glad post more links."

Jerry Lee Lewis (a white Christian who was born in the U.S.) married his 13-year-old cousin and we lionize him by putting him in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

by Anonymousreply 16104/25/2013

Someone up thread made a very good analogy to the Nazis. Not all Germans were Nazis,but most Nazis were German. If this was the late 1930s, would you be for allowing Nazis to immigrate to the US? Would you be in favor of a ban on all Germans under the circumstances?

by Anonymousreply 16204/25/2013

[quote]No, she doesn't have a point. You and the other Laura fans are very, very stupid. You probably masturbate to pictures of Pat Buchanan.

Nearly everyone on this thread is liberal and votes Democrat.

And most people have stated that they are not fans of Ingraham, but rather agree with her on this one issue.

by Anonymousreply 16304/25/2013

Oh please, R72.

Most of Europe is still fascist. People like to pretend it's this enlightened society, but some of the shit that goes on even at a soccer match would never be tolerated in the US. Immigrants are not allowed to integrate into society. There are limitation on how far they can go. I may have my issues with this country, but what I do know is it doesn't matter what you are as long as you're willing to work your ass off. I have a Muslim friend who is a doctor. He, along with a couple of other relatives (also doctors) opened up a health clinic in SC of all places. Even down there, when you come face to face with people, you get over your idiotic prejudices. It's easy to vilify a population four times the US when you already hate them.

We have American morons who aren't satisfied unless they're scapegoating someone. They'll ignore the hundreds of thousands of deaths caused by guns and instead choose to magnify the influence and crimes of minorities. One white guy took out 20 children plus 7 adults, yet they move on. A white guy in a theater took out 12, they moved on. A Congresswoman was shot and five others killed, they moved on. They won't look to take away the constitutional rights of every white guy or gun owner, yet some of the so-called "liberals" on DL turn into mush-brained idiots who lose their ability to think logically.

When you're agreeing with the rightwing on anything, particularly scapegoating, then don't think you have any business calling yourself a liberal. It's also incredibly childish to take that to mean we're defending some religion. You do not blame millions of people for what some do. You do not blame people because you've created this caricature in your head of what they all think. Grow the hell up. A broken clock is right twice a day - that's twice more than the Ingrahams of the world.

by Anonymousreply 16404/25/2013

I'm just curious, R166, are you from Europe?

...Because, I disagree with this comment:

[quote]Most of Europe is still fascist.

by Anonymousreply 16504/25/2013

R72, For many Americans, you are a "Facist" if you have any sense of preserving your own identity or protecting your own way of life. Historically, the USA has been a country of destroyers. We have destroyed forests, rivers, communities, main streets, industry in the name of making a buck. For hundreds of years, anyone who argued for preservation and/or protection was shouted down and labeled anti-American.

The paradox it that those who scream so loudly about Europeans protecting their cultural identities, values, etc. would be the first to scream that the Muslim immigrants must be allowed to protect their cultural identities and values. It is a double standard.

by Anonymousreply 16604/25/2013

What r8 said.

by Anonymousreply 16704/25/2013

R157, R161, R166 - +1000000000.

by Anonymousreply 16804/25/2013

R162, oh dear. Get over yourself. Seriously. Sanctimonious idiot.

Religion is not race, gender, or sexual orientation. It's a collection of myths that people use to justify abhorrent behavior (and, in some instances, compassionate behavior, but that tends to be the exception). It does not make one a "bigot" because we challenge myths. It means we have critical thinking skills.

I'm not opposed to Muslims believing whatever they like. Or anyone else for that matter. But there has to be a modicum of common sense in that regard. The Muslim faith is set up to be fundamentalist, and that is an enormous problem, particularly given that young macho men use their religion to justify acts like the one that just took place in Boston.

R168 makes a good point. It took us hundreds of years to get to a place, culturally and politically, where women and gay people have some rights under the law. I do question the wisdom of bringing in a large group of fundamentalist conservatives who think women should be subjugated, and gay people hanged. Any sane person would.

But you phoney pseudo-liberals are all about knee jerk reactions to complex issues, and you're every bit as bad as Ingraham.

by Anonymousreply 16904/25/2013

Good post, R171.

by Anonymousreply 17004/25/2013

R166...one thing...you represent the death of critical thinking. For you it's all about the duality of "leftwing" and "rightwing". News flash..most issues are far more complex than that. There are nuances to every issue, and nothing is quite that simple.

No one here is actually "agreeing" with Ingraham. what people are saying is that the Muslim religion is highly problematic, and that we need to look at how we're going to deal with the level of extremism and fundamentalism that it often represents.

No one is imagining this. Women are brutally subjugated in most Islamic countries. In Iran, for example, women must contend with the morality police, and they are arrested id their attire is not considered appropriate. In Saudi Arabia, women are arrested for trying to drive cars. In Iran, gay men are hanged. Including teenagers. This is THEIR tolerance, acceptance, and mercy. Am I concerned about fundies from these countries emigrating here? Absolutely. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to stop being concerned because you're more worried about anti-religion "bigotry" than I am about attacks on women and LGBT people.

by Anonymousreply 17104/25/2013

Thanks 172. :)

by Anonymousreply 17204/25/2013

You're welcome, R174.

by Anonymousreply 17304/25/2013

My mistake, I'm R172.

by Anonymousreply 17404/25/2013

I am a liberal, and am starting to feel a bit taken advantage of.

We have enough people here. Time to close the doors to all but refugees from wretched conditions, like starving Darfur orphans.

Furthermore, it pisses me off the the bombers were both on public assistance.

by Anonymousreply 17504/25/2013

R177...I think that's a reasonable position. And if we take in these orphans, they should be given a happy, prosperous life. But we can't take in everyone who wants to come here, not anymore.

R161...it's interesting that you're taking quotes from different posts and treating them as if they were from one. But here's the thing..NO ONE here is defending Mormons and other Christians. Not one person. As far as your point about it only being extremists in Iran or Pakistan who harm gay people, CLEARLY you don't read the newspaper. The government HANGS gay people in Iran, in the public square. The majority of people there SUPPORT this.

by Anonymousreply 17604/25/2013

Barring people from the US based on religious beliefs is bigotry. Judging an entire religion based on its extremists is bigotry. Judging people on their religious beliefs is also quite illegal in my country, hate to tell you, and won't be changed anytime soon.

[quote]The Muslim faith is set up to be fundamentalist

Well, there's your problem right there.

Hate to break it to you...all 1.5 billion Muslims in the world are [bold]NOT, I REPEAT NOT[/bold], fundamentalists. I don't care what your religion teaches you about Muslims, they're not all alike. Until you can get past your personal prejudices against Muslims, there's really no discussing this issue with you.

by Anonymousreply 17704/25/2013

[quote] I don't care what your religion teaches you about Muslims, they're not all alike.

As most us on this thread have already stated, R179. We're not religious.

by Anonymousreply 17804/25/2013

A map of the Muslim world with the status of their homosexuality laws.

Millions upon millions of Muslims live under Fundamentalist Islamic regimes with extremely hateful propaganda about gays... and it is understandable that they take their ingrained cultural beliefs with them when they immigrate.

Please note: life in prison....death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 17904/25/2013

R179, as a pointed out earlier, all Germans were not Nazis, but the majority of Nazis were German. Not all Muslims are Islamic extremists, but is it really worth the risk to not be somewhat discriminating, in the best sense of the word, when it comes to immigration? Sorry, I would rather keep 100 "good" Muslims out, than allow one terrorist or Islamic Fundamentalist in.

by Anonymousreply 18004/25/2013

[quote]I don't care what your religion teaches you about Muslims

It's not "our religion" that teaches us anything about Islam but what Muslims keep "teaching" the world about Islam.

by Anonymousreply 18104/25/2013

I kind of admire her courage. Face it, eventually this war will become apocalyptic and a million times worse than it is today. You weren't expecting another lavish Treaty of Paris and "Peace for Sure This Time in Our Time," were you? Might as well get a jump on the easier parts.

by Anonymousreply 18204/25/2013

Link to [italic]this[/italic] thread, just for future reference:

by Anonymousreply 18304/25/2013

Why the FUCK on a gay site do we have to put up with so many posts defending that religion?

by Anonymousreply 18404/25/2013

I agree with her!!

Muslim immigrants have already made London a shithole.

by Anonymousreply 18604/25/2013

Acts of terrorism carried out because you hate other people's different religious or lifestyle beliefs is unacceptable. Let people live their lives: You don't have to agree. If Muslim immigrants can't adhere to this openminded philosophy, then just keep them all out.

by Anonymousreply 18704/25/2013

Also, makes sense that Ingrate would want to end muslim immigration, since they now lean Democratic - from a 2011 Pew poll:

----Most Muslim Americans either identify as Democrats or lean toward the Democratic Party. Nearly half (48%) of U.S. Muslims say they feel that the GOP is unfriendly toward them. By contrast, just 7% say the Democratic Party is unfriendly toward Muslim Americans. ---

In contrast to 2000, when 72% of Muslim-Americans voted for George Bush.

Bottom line: the more people like Ingrate bloviate how much they hate muslims, the more it inures to the benefit of the Democratic Party - even just by default; i.e., even Democrats who agree with her need do nothing - she is well-known as a Republican polemicist, and her screeching will be associated with the GOP and their party's platform.

by Anonymousreply 18804/25/2013

Agreed, R189. It's common sense.

by Anonymousreply 18904/25/2013

I don't agree with many Muslim beliefs: how they treat women, how they treat people of different sexual orientations. At the same time I don't go around terrorizing Muslims, blowing up bombs and I don't push my personal beliefs onto them: religious or social. If there are Muslims that can't give the same respect to people whose beliefs differ from their own, they should not be allowed into our country. The freedom to be what you want to be and believe what you want to believe is what makes our country what it is.

by Anonymousreply 19004/25/2013

New immigration laws, at this point, are not going to change anything. In Europe, many of the terrorists were second generation, meaning they were born into European culture.

The real enemy is the preachers and leaders of Islamism, but no government is yet brave enough to touch them. Nothing is going to change until a government will have the courage to close down Mosques that preach Jihad, to stop the infrastration of Islamic ideas into Colleges and Universities through “special programs” funded by Saudi Arabia and the endless “hate the Jew” campaigns, ban Sharia Law courts and most importantly, put human rights above religion.

by Anonymousreply 19104/25/2013

[quote]The real enemy is the preachers and leaders of Islamism

Oh, god, enough with the 'Islamism,' dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 19204/25/2013

[quote]The Muslim faith is set up to be fundamentalist

Unlike the other Abrahamic religions. Bwahahaha!

by Anonymousreply 19304/25/2013

[quote]if you have anything to do with Islam you don't get in.

Uh, huh, go back to diddling your twat, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 19404/25/2013

[quote][R156] to [R158] = the same person.

No shit, Sherlock!

by Anonymousreply 19504/25/2013

If you have an issue with the American experiment, leave. It's that easy.

by Anonymousreply 19604/25/2013

[quote]I am a liberal, and am starting to feel a bit taken advantage of.

Poor white guy.

[quote]We have enough people here. Time to close the doors to all but refugees from wretched conditions, like starving Darfur orphans.

And right there you outed yourself as a Freeptard. Hey, honey, a lot of Muslims have been refugees.

[quote]Furthermore, it pisses me off the the bombers were both on public assistance.

So you were the one who started that other thread which got your ass torn to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 19704/25/2013

I'm all for everyone, but I really can't disagree with keeping ALL religious separatist freaks out. Look at the Hasids, and Satmars in Brooklyn! All having ten kids, living in basically segregated neighborhoods, and voting in their own hyper religious representatives to twist the laws for their religion. Plus they completely rape the Social Services and demand more. You think having ten kids is cheap. Ick, I would say the same if they were Christians, who are a total pox on America already.

by Anonymousreply 19804/25/2013

I also believe that the real enemy is the preachers and leaders of Islamism, but no government is yet brave enough to touch them. Nothing is going to change until a government steps up to stop all of this brainwashing and teach the leaders of Islamism to instead preach putting human rights above religion. Unless things do change, I think it is safest and in the best interest of our country to stop Islamic immigration.

by Anonymousreply 19904/26/2013

as response I would suggest reading the following NYTimes article by a Korean writer and about Korean culture that might have contributed to two recent mass shootings in schools in the US.

Will she propose shutting off immigration from East Asia as well?

I wonder what Native Americans think about letting Dr. Laura's ancestors into this country...

by Anonymousreply 20004/26/2013

She's wrong. The West only needs to kick out and exclude the rich Muslim boys who come here for college and stay for long periods as playboys. Let in women, but not their brothers; let in the poor and working class Muslims. Make the rich boys stay in their own fucked up countries and fix them. Maybe they'll demand and get better academic institutions, which can only benefit the less wealthy classes, and without the western pressure valve, which allows them to escape their repressive cultures by jumping on a flight, they'll be forced to improve those cultures so that they can tolerate them.

I'd also bet that most Muslim women who escape the more repressive regimes without having male handlers present wouldn't return. If we had wanted to really end the Taliban and crush those tribal structures that support it, we would have removed Afghan women and resettled them and let the men all kill each other. Much cheaper to put each of them in a nice flat and give them a Mini Cooper than to fight a fucking land war in Asia.

by Anonymousreply 20104/26/2013

Well I think it's a start to limit immigration if there are threats to our country. If people cannot be tolerant of different lifestyles and religions that cause them to commit terrible, senseless acts of violence, they should NOT be able to come and live here. It needs to be ingrained in ALL cultures that human rights and the value of human life need to be put above religion. I accept all cultures, regardless or religious beliefs or lifestyle as long as someone doesn't try to impose them on me. Respect my beliefs and I will respect yours.

by Anonymousreply 20204/26/2013

I still can't believe that there are gay people on this thread defending Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 20304/26/2013

The world we be a better place for us all when the Muslims are in control (which will be sooner rather than later). Theirs is a peaceful religion (contrary to what you haters believe). They love everyone (including gays).

by Anonymousreply 20404/26/2013

Yeah, I don't get it either. I am straight and I am not even defending Muslims. The Muslim extremists don't respect gay people at all, they don't respect women at all and they don't respect any other religion except for their own.

by Anonymousreply 20504/26/2013

Reply to 206. It's not being a Muslim hater. I am sorry, but Muslim extremists are the ones that are intolerant and dangerous. I don't want to be exposed to that in my country. I am from the tristate area and go to the NYC all of the time. I see such acceptance and tolerance there. You see all kinds of people walking down the street and on the subways in NYC and no one turns their heads in disguest or makes rude, intolerant comments (well very rarely at least).

by Anonymousreply 20604/26/2013

So odd. So xenophobic. And yet so completely consistent with our historical past. There is always a group to stereotype and cast as evil whether there is truth to it or not.

Of the millions of Muslims in the US, I wonder just how many of them are murderers and terrorists?

All because a couple of poor punks from a former Soviet satelite went crazy.

Meanwhile on April 4th an American drone killed 37 civilians including 14 children in Afganistan "by mistake", collateral damage you know in a war for what-was-it.

No matter- it is Afganistan.

No excuse for Muslim terror- or any terror for that matter, but definitely part of the problem. Keeping Muslims out of the US (which will mean deporting millions) is not remotely the answer.

Catholics, Irish, Italians, Jews, Chinese, South Asians, Mexicans and of course Muslims- the word xenophobia is just another word for bigotry, and it is historically and currently a scourge in our country- as illustrated over and over on this thread- from a bunch of homosexuals of all groups! Hah!

Long live the Republican Party and Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 20704/26/2013

The thread is becoming a literal joke, almost like, the internet bulletin board equivalent of PBS Kids.

by Anonymousreply 20804/26/2013

Or maybe the better metaphor is the IBB equivalent of the Miss America finals, in which the brain-dead final contestants declare they will announce world peace if they win - no more hunger or poverty, by a simple wave of their sparkly wands. I mean, it's hard to top that, but they all try. That's what this thread is, in a nutshell. Or at least, it is now.

by Anonymousreply 20904/26/2013

What R209 said - a million thanks.

by Anonymousreply 21004/26/2013

[quote]I still can't believe that there are gay people on this thread defending Muslims.

Well, I've had it up to my eyeteeth with gay racists. I guess we're stuck with each other.

by Anonymousreply 21104/26/2013

Everyone, trolldar, R207/R208.

by Anonymousreply 21204/26/2013

R205, gays aren't defending Muslims. The defender is some rabid Muslim delusional enough to think that he can change someone's mind if only he can delete enough cookies and pretend that so many gays here are supportive of his barbaric religion.

No sane person supports child marriage ( as young as 4 years old),honor killings and executing gays for existing. No sane person would claim to be against bigotry but supportive of Muslim's right to be bigots. The same dope started the patriotic gays thread, bashing the states and saying it's wrong for us to love our country.

by Anonymousreply 21304/26/2013

Well 205,214: Who gives a crap how may times a person posts? This is a debate and I am sure I share the opinion of many people posting on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 21404/26/2013

Apparently, some people are so open minded,that their brain has fallen out.

by Anonymousreply 21704/26/2013

218, do you have an issue w straight people posting on here? Who the hell cares about your sexual orientation or mine? I don't. You are making it an issue on here though.

by Anonymousreply 21804/26/2013

The idiocy of 207/8's posts speak for themselves. Incoherant and pretty mixed up. Does not understand the basic legal principles of the freedom of religion and thinks that Fundementalist Islamism is the only violent fringe in the world (or US.)

by Anonymousreply 21904/26/2013

For future reference, R220/ your various aliases: It's customary here to capitalize the "R" when referring to a reply.

It's R666, rather than just 666.

by Anonymousreply 22004/26/2013

In a survey a few years ago, 0% of UK Muslims accepted homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 22104/26/2013

[quote]In a survey a few years ago, 0% of UK Muslims accepted homosexuality.

But our troll - R220/ and co., has just told us how Muslims are very tolerant, and we fags aren't.

by Anonymousreply 22204/26/2013

Terroism aside, you would have to be moronic or maochistic to let in people who would have no problem stoning you to death, killing rape victims and marrying children.

by Anonymousreply 22304/26/2013

I wrote another long reply, but at this point I feel like words just can’t get the message through. People still do not get it, and I mean people I meet on a daily basis who call themselves human rights activists. Muslims should not be banned from entering the US, of course not, but radical Islam needs to be condemned by all human rights supports.

Pictures speak louder than words. This is from Egypt. [b]Viewer Discretion Advised[/b] - Egyptian Islamists Sexually Attack Women Believed to Be Christian. It's only the beginning of the attack. In broad daylight, nobody came to her aid, her mother tried to protect her. The Christians there are being systemically harassed and killed, among other human rights violations that the Muslim Brotherhood has been trying to impose.

This is the face of radical Islam. Ingraham is an idiot, but human rights supporters need to stop making excuses for radical Islam and stop treating this as a "gray area" or “so xenophobic”. Human rights should never be taken for granted.

by Anonymousreply 22404/26/2013

I saw that a few weeks ago r226. It's horrific. It's what they did to that American reporter (don't remember her name) and probably many others.

Beasts.

BTW there was another vid I saw also from Egypt, similar circumstances where a man stabs a woman to death and nobody does anything to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 22504/26/2013

This is a gay board, anyone defending homophobes should leave.

by Anonymousreply 22704/26/2013

As soon as you post that in the Amy Grant thread, fine.

by Anonymousreply 22804/26/2013

So we are agreed? No more Muslims in America? Stop them at the border so that our culture will not be polluted as is the European culture post WW2?

by Anonymousreply 22904/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 23005/30/2014
Need more help? Click Here.