Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Leave Her to Heaven" on TCM right now

Best houses ever in a Golden Age Hollywood movie.

by Anonymousreply 1006/01/2014

Best COLOR ever.

by Anonymousreply 104/22/2013

Fucking beyond garish, and I love every single second of it!

by Anonymousreply 204/22/2013

Gene Tierney is dazzling in this flick.

by Anonymousreply 304/22/2013

Darryl Hickman (the younger brother) has the best body for someone that age in the 1940s. His legs have incredibly definition.

by Anonymousreply 404/23/2013

The opening scene where Tierney and Cornel Wilde eye each other on the train is incredibly sexy. Cornel Wilde is hot!

by Anonymousreply 504/23/2013

Tierney would have been a great Eve Harrington.

by Anonymousreply 604/23/2013

Love it! The most disturbing and perverse film of the Production Code era.

by Anonymousreply 704/23/2013

The brilliance of the film is in the first half, when you can't help identifying with Gene Tierney's problems. Cornel Wilde is so obsessed with his handicapped brother he refuses to spend any time alone with her, and he even makes them leave their honeymoon on the first day to spend with the brother. Then she works really hard to help the brother like her and get better so she can finally be alone with Wilde, and Wilde STILL insists on bringing the brother and the beloved housekeeper (who sleeps in the next door room, and can hear them through their paper-thin walls!) and her family out to their cottage, She never gets any time at all alone with him at all.

So when she's driven round the bend to start doing nasty stuff, you feel pretty sorry for her. But then it just gets worse and worse, and her crimes no longer becomes of omission but of comission.

by Anonymousreply 804/23/2013

It's on again right now.

by Anonymousreply 906/01/2014

I want the start of the original trailers music everytime I make an entrance or scatter my dead fathers ashes from side to side on horseback

by Anonymousreply 1006/01/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!