Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What emotions can't a pet experience?

I own a cat and I don't think there is an emotion that humans can experience that my cat can't experience. Do you feel the same way about your pet?

by Anonymousreply 3104/27/2013

Yes. I have two cats who exhibit adoration, peevishness and absolute brattiness if they think they are being ignored or want attention just like a small child would.

by Anonymousreply 104/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 204/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 304/22/2013

R2, my mutt would positively grin when the German Shepherd got into trouble.

by Anonymousreply 404/23/2013

Right now, I am experiencing complete and utter embarrassment over Miss Reese Witherspoon. Ai Chihuahua!

by Anonymousreply 504/23/2013

It's been pretty much scientifically proven that pets (cats and dogs) cannot experience shame or regret.

It may SEEM like it, but they're reacting to how they think you'll react, at most. Mostly it's humans 'reading into' what the pets are doing.

by Anonymousreply 604/23/2013

I don't believe pets can experience worry, particularly over the future.

However, I do believe they can anticipate the future, something they demonstrate every day at dinner time.

by Anonymousreply 704/23/2013

Gay Pride

Fear of Men on the Land

Hatred of non-Masculine Men

Disgust of Republicans

by Anonymousreply 804/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 904/23/2013

They certainly do have gay pride.

by Anonymousreply 1004/23/2013

Me and my cat both love to lick buttholes.

by Anonymousreply 1104/23/2013

There is absolutely no emotion that my goldfish doesn't experience. He's got it all.

by Anonymousreply 1204/23/2013

I don't know where I read or saw this but it was a study on dogs. The result was that dogs do not respond emotionally but visually. They do not feel bad about pooping in the house (hence the "guilty" look), they are reacting to the screaming and yelling by their owner.

by Anonymousreply 1304/23/2013

Pet love = You gave me food/you scratched that itch

Pet hate = You didn't give me food/you didn't scratch that itch

That about covers it.

by Anonymousreply 1404/23/2013

Cesar says dogs don't have real emotions -- they're good at reading people and acting in whatever way gets them what they want.

by Anonymousreply 1504/23/2013

frustration over job search or work burnout

existential angst

by Anonymousreply 1604/23/2013

My cat definitely does not experience either worry or shame.

by Anonymousreply 1704/23/2013

Fear of Men on The Land!!!!!

I'll have you know that my womyn pussy Labianna can absolutely tremble when a penised person enters my menses hut to repair something. In order to allay her natural anxiety, I gently drape my hemp vagina cape over her widdle green limpid pools and sing her a soothing anthem of pussy positivity.

by Anonymousreply 1804/25/2013

Do cat owners realise that if one day they were magically shrunk to the size of pepperpots, their cats would eat them without a second thought. It would all get very Timothy Treadwell.

by Anonymousreply 1904/25/2013

My dog has a great sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 2004/25/2013

Cats definitely experience some sort of embarrassment. Watch a cat do something clumsy like falling off a table and they will look around to see if anyone saw and immediately start grooming themselves.

by Anonymousreply 2104/25/2013

My cat definitely worries

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013

I think dogs feel shame. I've two dogs. If they get locked in by accident and I come home to poop in the middle of the carpet, I simply squat near the poop and say something like "omg, who's poop is this??" between the two dogs excitedly welcoming me, one will slink off head down. lol. oh, they know who made the mess.

another instance is when they are in the act of pooping. They normally wander around the garden to pick a spot. It's almost always out of my sight. A few times, I would stumble upon them mid-drop, they whip their head to look at you then head would dip in (well i'd think) shame, then they move elsewhere to finish their business. It's quite funny, but I feel for them so I try not to bother them while they're at it.

by Anonymousreply 2304/25/2013

My dog will poop with 1000 people watching him. Couldn't care less.

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2013

Dogs are happy to see their owners when they come home. Dogs have traveled hundreds and thousands of miles to reunite with their owner.

by Anonymousreply 2504/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2013

That's actually a short and sweet way to describe a sociopath, R15.

by Anonymousreply 2704/25/2013

Dogs and Cats, but mostly dogs are domesticated. People forget that is 2000 years of breeding and selecting dogs that we like, respond to us, look cute, protect us and depend on us.

They absolutely have most if not all of our emotions because we bread them that way by selectively keeping the ones that did.

That is why wolves cannot be turned into pets like dogs even if raised as a pup.

by Anonymousreply 2804/25/2013

I love it when Cesar gets bit.

by Anonymousreply 2904/25/2013

If you name your dog Cujo, what do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 3004/25/2013

White guilt.

by Anonymousreply 3104/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!