Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sebaceous cyst removal

I had a cyst removed from my back 3 years ago. It's back and bigger than the last one. Gross, I know. Any tips for having it removed and being gone forever? I wasn't impressed with my general surgeon. I'm not sure if he removed the sac which is needed so the cyst won't reappear.

by Anonymousreply 2404/24/2013

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 104/22/2013

We need some zit popping videos, STAT!

by Anonymousreply 204/22/2013

I usually find someone on CL to bite them off.

by Anonymousreply 304/22/2013

Removal

by Anonymousreply 404/22/2013

Does anyone know of a home remedy for Seborrheic keratoses?

by Anonymousreply 604/22/2013

Buy the Ronco Zit Popper.

$19.99 each

Pier 11, NY, NY

by Anonymousreply 704/22/2013

R6

Bernz-O-Matic blowtorch, sold at fine hardware stores everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 804/22/2013

Get a can of Prid (Amazon sells it). The first time I had a sebaceous cyst I had it surgically removed. When I got another over a year later, I used Prid. Took several weeks of using it but the cyst completely disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 904/22/2013

That video is terrible. They certainly should have done it some other way. Think of the bruising and injury, and I'm sure they didn't get it all.

by Anonymousreply 1004/22/2013

Cysts are awful. I have some as well.

by Anonymousreply 1104/22/2013

Can you cook with that shit that came out of that cyst…?

Say, panfried potatoes?

by Anonymousreply 1204/22/2013

R1 i sympathize with anyone who has this. i once had a small one on my scalp, i did not know what it was, thinking it was just random acne i popped it all out because it was already popped after i combed my hair. i grossed me out and i thought it was just conditioner or shampoo trapped in hair folicle. it has since dried but the particular area does not feel flat. like a keloid scar. i hope OP is cured.

by Anonymousreply 1304/23/2013

Leave it be cyster!

by Anonymousreply 1404/23/2013

Ewww! I saw an even bigger one on youtube recently. The amount of crap that oozed out of it was bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 1504/23/2013

Good luck, OP. It really doesn't serve to drain them without removing the lining, as you know.

by Anonymousreply 1604/23/2013

how do you get this?

by Anonymousreply 1704/23/2013

OMG, i just goggled this and one guy had several of them on his nuts!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery OP!

by Anonymousreply 1804/23/2013

Serves you right for hanging out in the Jacuzzi at the baths all night long.

by Anonymousreply 1904/23/2013

[R10] There really isn't a better safer way. You Tube has pages of these for zit/abscess fetishists, and they are all done exactly like the one posted here.

Excepting the hillbilly removals which are hilarious and done by one's Uncle Joe Dan.

What the viewer misses in these filmed extractions is the god awful smell. I de-gunked a very small one on my husband's back once, and the entire room reeked for an hour. Cab you imagine what the doctor's exam room smelled like after expelling a softball sized cyst?? They probably could not use the room for the rest of the day.

by Anonymousreply 2004/23/2013

R10, hear R20 well. I had some issues with the med. person's technique at times on the video, but at least it was a professional setting with (apparently) the requisite antiseptic management. It was rather rushed, and he made no attempt to see if he could disrupt the cyst's sac in order to lessen the probability of recurrence. But this fellow has a rather massive problem, and perhaps the extent of the thing kept the doctor from probing and trying to remove anything else once the massive build-up was expelled.

Other than the additional topical surgical work to destroy the "root" of the issue, warm compresses could have expedited removal. Rather than pain, the immediate result of this process is wonderful relief. There is less damage to tissues than you may expect, although in this case some bruising may have occurred. May. Remember that the pus et al comes out because a chamber has formed to hold it. It's not as if the medical staff is summoning drainage from other sites and aiming for the hole - it's a cyst, not an aquifer.

"Getting it all" is not necessarily the issue. The wound often would be treated with insertion of gauze containing antibiotics and sometimes topical pain-relief medication. You didn't see the "closing" of the process.

by Anonymousreply 2104/23/2013

r18: PHOTOS! PHOTOS!

by Anonymousreply 2204/23/2013

In the other one which was even larger I saw on Youtube, the person draining the cyst used some sort of curette, and scraped the inside of the wound area, and squeezed again. I imagine he was trying to scrape out the sac it formed in. It was so gross, and yet I couldn't tear myself away. I forced on out on my own back once, and it smelled so rotten it was appalling. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 2304/24/2013

An ex-bf had one on his cheek drained by a surgeon. It was an expensive plastic surgeon who clearly hadn't done much of this type of work - as soon as it started draining and the smell hit, the surgeon started gagging. Gross but the thought makes me giggle. I had one on the side of my hip drained once - I could hear it all coming out and the doctor couldn't grab wipes fast enough to catch it all. It's amazing how much gunk the body can store up.

by Anonymousreply 2404/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.