Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

There is just not enough time during the day no matter what I do

I find myself racing against time. I never seem to have enough of it even when I'm not working.

by Anonymousreply 1304/22/2013

Poor you.

by Anonymousreply 104/21/2013

I hear so many people say that, but the idea is so foreign to me. I suppose if you have a family then every moment is largely spoken for, but as a single person I have pretty much nothing but free time when I'm not working.

Of course my cats will eat me when I die alone. So there is that.

by Anonymousreply 204/21/2013

OP, I can teach you how to count time more creatively.

by Anonymousreply 304/21/2013

I feel the same way OP. Ive been buried in work lately and I feel like I just barely have enough to time to take care of the basic things people need to do.

by Anonymousreply 404/21/2013

[quote]I suppose if you have a family then every moment is largely spoken for

People with families are very busy, but the responsibilities are shared in most cases.

by Anonymousreply 504/21/2013

When you're racing with the clock / And the second hand doesn't understand / That your back may break and your fingers ache / And your constitution isn't made of rock / It's a losing race when you're racing with the clock!

by Anonymousreply 604/21/2013

Then you need to do less or you're going to become a basketcase. Do you work in NYC? A place notorious for people working much too long hours.

by Anonymousreply 704/21/2013

I think the OP is saying that even on a day off there are so many things to do that he never feels satisfied because so many things are left undone - both pleasureable activities and household chores.

And each day goes by so swiftly that one feels one's life slipping away.

by Anonymousreply 804/21/2013

The truth is that everyone hates busy-being-busy people. Mostly there's little evidence of work or activity...unless complaining about being busy counts as being busy.

Whatever your burden, you may be sure that there are others who have it worse and handle it with a bit of grace and outward ease. Emulate them instead in bitching about being busy: you'll soon find that you accomplish more and free up real time. The burden is yours, but it's the same burden everyone else has. Don't be a pain in the ass about it.

by Anonymousreply 904/22/2013

OP would have more time by giving up DataLounge for a week.

by Anonymousreply 1004/22/2013

If you write a list of things to do, you won't be as overwhelmed. Use A, B, C columns with most important in Column A.

by Anonymousreply 1104/22/2013

R9, I agree that faux always busy people are annoying.

But I agree with the OP that almost no day is ever long enough in being able to enjoy or accomplish all the things one might like to.

by Anonymousreply 1204/22/2013

There is no such thing as "too busy."

There is only the failure to prioritize.

by Anonymousreply 1304/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!