Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Reese Witherspoon Arrested

Actress Reese Witherspoon was reportedly arrested this weekend alongside husband James Toth in a DUI incident.

Also, TV sports announcer Al Michaels was arrested over the weekend in Santa Monica in a DUI incident.

by Anonymousreply 604/21/2013

A whole lotta drinkin' goin' on!

by Anonymousreply 104/21/2013

Longtime datalounge favorite David Ehrenstein was also arrested in a vicious faceslapping incident this weekend also in Santa Monica, at an upscale restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 204/21/2013

According to Variety's report, the Legally Blonde actress was arrested with her husband in the early hours of Friday morning in Atlanta, Ga. following an incident in which he was pulled over under suspicion of DUI after reportedly driving in the wrong lane.

Witherspoon, who was riding in the car with her husband, was also arrested for local municipal ordinance after allegedly disobeying the orders of the police man who pulled their car over.

According to the report, the 37-year-old actress was purportedly unruly while her husband was walking in the parking lot in which the officer had instructed him to pull over.

"Mrs. Witherspoon began to hang out the window and say that she did not believe that I was a real police officer. I told Mrs. Witherspoon to sit on her butt and be quiet," the police report, obtained by Variety, details.

The police report continues to document Witherspoon's alleged rowdiness towards the officer while he was administering a sobriety test to her husband.

"'Mrs. Witherspoon asked, 'Do you know my name?' I answered, 'No, I don’t need to know your name.' I then added, 'right now.' Mrs. Witherspoon stated, 'You’re about to find out who I am,'" the police report alleges.

"Mrs. Witherspoon also stated, 'You are going to be on national news.' I advised Mrs. Witherspoon that was fine."

by Anonymousreply 304/21/2013

A source close to the situation tells ET that Witherspoon got out of the car because she was concerned about her husband even though she had been told not to by the officer.

Upon her arrest, the source says that Witherspoon asked the officer if he was aware of her name for processing purposes, to which he replied by saying he didn't care. She then said that he would know soon enough.

Her husband purportedly blew a .137 on a Breathalyzer test administered by the officer despite saying that he had only had one drink a few hours prior.

by Anonymousreply 404/21/2013

Oops! The damn DL search didn't show that this has already been posted and well followed.

by Anonymousreply 504/21/2013

Where was her baby while they were gallivanting around drunk?

Of all the places she could have gotten arrested. Fulton County Jail is a shit hole.

They also got special treatment and were released in a couple of hours. Most people have to wait 8 hours or more until they can be bailed out. Yet they were booked and released in about an hour or two. Their mug shots don't show up on the jail website either. Everyone else who is arrested in Fulton County has their mug shots posted on the website. TMZ must have had to have someone go to the jail and request the mug shots.

by Anonymousreply 604/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!