Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I want my life to be like an episode of Murder, She Wrote

without the murder, naturally. But I love the cozy village of Cabot Cove. I want to bike everywhere and say hello to friendly neighbors. I want to live in a rambling old Victorian house, with a pied a terre in Manhattan for when I'm feeling urban. Basically, I want to be Jessica Fletcher. There, I said it.

by Anonymousreply 5404/25/2013

It is. You live in a basement and nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 104/21/2013

um, ok r1....

by Anonymousreply 204/21/2013

Could you cope with not having genitals?

by Anonymousreply 304/21/2013

Cunt. Get off of my cloud.

by Anonymousreply 404/21/2013

OP, how old are you?

by Anonymousreply 504/21/2013

I feel like killing people.

by Anonymousreply 604/21/2013

OP .... murder her and take over her life.

by Anonymousreply 704/21/2013

I've got dozens of wigs I can donate to your wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 804/21/2013

The first thing you need is lots of adoring adult nieces and nephews in different cities, OP, who don't mind you frequently visiting them.

by Anonymousreply 904/21/2013

Maine can be nice but for the most part, the people are not very attractive.

by Anonymousreply 1004/21/2013

[quote]The first thing you need is lots of adoring adult nieces and nephews in different cities, OP, who don't mind you frequently visiting them.

You will also need Brenda Vaccaro to pretend to be several different people you encounter, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1104/23/2013

You mean you want to be the victim whose murder Jessica solves ?

by Anonymousreply 1204/23/2013

OP is Andrew Stevens, longing for the day when he was considered both sexy and dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 1304/23/2013

[quote]OP is Andrew Stevens, longing for the day when he was considered both sexy and dangerous.

I'm not sure it is, I haven't decided yet.

by Anonymousreply 1404/23/2013

I would like my life to be set in the show As Time Goes By.

by Anonymousreply 1504/23/2013

I always wanted to live in Collinsport from Dark Shadows: seances, kooky relatives & townsfolk with an endless supply of skeletons in their closet, time travelling, graveyards and hanging out in a pub where they play the same three tunes over & over. With occasional trips to Boston if I want to feel urban.

by Anonymousreply 1604/23/2013

At the risk of derailing the thread...

... I want my life to be like "Dynasty".

by Anonymousreply 1704/23/2013

I agree with r17. I am from a little town in New England. It sure wasn't like Cabot Cove!!! Cabot Cove is fantasy, hon. It is how we wish life could be. Not that we can't live in a small town, live in a Victorian house that screams Holly Hobby and Hallmark, stay home bake cookies,solve mysteries and hop to the ciy for urban fun when we need to. And there is nothing wrong with living like that if it presses your buttons.

I found people, for the most part, in NE to be crude, nasty and arrogant as well as bigoted against other European ethnicities that they had never had any contact with. Think about that for a minute.To be fair, this was 35 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1804/23/2013

r18 here again.I should add this: things do change. Just look at NE's record for Gay marriage. Also, some of those nasty people I dealt with had issues. I know, because I looked them up on the 'net and elsewhere. Some have come out of the closet.Others clearly had dealt with their issues. So, places DO change.

by Anonymousreply 1904/23/2013

I always thought Cabot's Cove should be in the South. Northeasterners don't like people poking in their business. Being a good neighbor means stay the fuck away and mind your own business.

by Anonymousreply 2004/23/2013

IMe too , Op! A cozy life, down to the wharf for fresh lobsters, off to the market for veggies and home. Friends over for dinner, gossip over coffee and drinks. Cozy winter mornings with the fireplace burning, curled up on the couch watching the snow fall.

by Anonymousreply 2104/23/2013

Yes, except for the incessant murder, Cabot Cove is just a fantasy; where every view's a postcard and everyone friendly and neighborly.

I love the rare occasions people put Jessica in her place for being such a meddling busybody.

One of my favorite episodes is "The Error of Her Ways".

by Anonymousreply 2204/23/2013

You'd also get visited by lots of old MGM stars and Broadway performers which could be fun!

How are your bicycle skills, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2304/23/2013

Move to Mendocino, CA (location for non-studio exteriors of Cabot Cove.)

by Anonymousreply 2404/23/2013

"Murder, She Wrote" was just one long reunion of MGM stars, all of whom best friends with Jessica.

Including Kathryn Grayson as "Ideal" Molloy. What kind of name is "Ideal"?

Is Mendocino, CA. is the poor man's Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA.?

by Anonymousreply 2504/23/2013

R25 Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2604/23/2013

Don't bitch me, Ideal. I had to Google you. You were a "construction coordinator" on "That Girl"?

by Anonymousreply 2704/23/2013

Move to Provincetown, OP. It's the closest thing there is to Cabot Cove and it's gay. What could be better?

It also has lots of big-boned women in high-waisted pants showing off their curvy gunts.

by Anonymousreply 2804/23/2013

It also has lots of big-boned women in high-waisted pants showing off their curvy gunts.

Angela herself would be proud:

by Anonymousreply 2904/23/2013

R10 speaks the truth. When I went to Portland it looked like a casting call for "The Hills Have Eyes."

by Anonymousreply 3004/23/2013

"Move to Mendocino, CA (location for non-studio exteriors of Cabot Cove.) "

Does Cabot Cove have a tourism-based economy? Mendocino is really beautiful, but it's tiny, isolated, and touristy.

Personally, I always wanted my life to be like "Star Trek". Traveling through the universe with my friends and peers, constantly having adventures, replicators and transporters at my disposal, and knowing my family is a million light years away.

by Anonymousreply 3104/23/2013

Boothbay Harbour = Cabot Cove, for exteriors at least.

by Anonymousreply 3204/23/2013

Small towns aren't cute. They are full of frustrated, uptight people and alcoholics.

by Anonymousreply 3304/23/2013

Your description sounds like the many years I lived in Provincetown. For most of them I did not own a car,just my bicycle. It did get old after awhile though.

by Anonymousreply 3404/23/2013

I agree with r33 and r20. Those NE towns are simply not like what r21 is wishing for.Cabot Cove is a fantasy. Sorry to burst your bubble. Try to live like that and the natives will see you as uppity, arrogant,weird,puting on "airs", and an "outsider" never mind what THEY are really like. As for P-town, it is NOT representative of NE life. Also, life along the water in NE is darn dreary and desolate in a bad way in winter. Trust me on this.

I think the reason why gay marriage became a reality is because, as pointed out, NE'ers do NOT like people messing there nose in their personal biz.And they'll let you know it, too.

by Anonymousreply 3504/23/2013

r33 is right. And those frustrated people hooked on booze and whatever are sometimes wierd closet cases. Or they are on a power trip because they are just big fish in a little pond, nobody much really. But, they wish they were somebody much, but it isn't going to happen.

The fresh seafood,esp. clams and lobster, are really good, however. Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 3604/23/2013

I love you, R3.

by Anonymousreply 3704/23/2013

Yeah, that's it exactly, R36

by Anonymousreply 3804/23/2013

Fletcher was a total rip-off!

by Anonymousreply 3904/23/2013

Well, I suppose wanting to be Jessica Fletcher is a step up from wanting to be Helen Lawson.

by Anonymousreply 4004/23/2013

I'm now imaging Angela Lansbury playing Helen Lawson. She really did hate that Patty Duke.

by Anonymousreply 4104/23/2013

I AM TOM BOSLEY

by Anonymousreply 4204/23/2013

I AM WILLIAM WINDOM

by Anonymousreply 4304/23/2013

r26, did you find Ideal Dottini's name through Googling, or were you somehow aware of his/her career?

And since Ideal was a female name on "Murder, She Wrote", does that mean Ideal Dottini was a woman - a big butch lesbian who was construction coordinator on "The Andy Griffith Show" and its spinoffs?

by Anonymousreply 4404/24/2013

In terms of the frequent accusation that Jessica is a busybody, I just want to point out that at heart, she is NOT one. It's those other bitches in town, like Ideal Malloy and the queen cunt Eve Simpson, who are constantly gossiping, etc. Jessica is actually perfectly happy to graciously mind her own business, EXCEPT when a murderer is on the loose; it is only then that she foregoes the normal boundaries of good taste, because public safety demands it. In that way, she's sort of like the Watertown Police Department was last week.

Actually, can some paying member start a thread: "What If the Boston Bombing Investigation Had Been a 'Murder, She Wrote' Episode?"

by Anonymousreply 4504/24/2013

[quote][R26], did you find Ideal Dottini's name through Googling, or were you somehow aware of his/her career?

Prior to R25's mention of her, I had idea there was a person called "Ideal Dottini".

So, I Googled the name and one of the first links was her IMDb, where it's listed she worked on "That Girl".

by Anonymousreply 4604/24/2013

Ideal's name is featured in the closing credits of "That Girl," which I watch regularly on MeTV.

by Anonymousreply 4704/24/2013

R35 & R36, do you live in the NE now, or some other part of the country? And do you like it better there if elsewhere?

by Anonymousreply 4804/24/2013

I'd lead my [italic]Murder, She Wrote[/italic] life in St. Paul, Minnesota because of all the cottages and lakes.

Patton Oswald would replace Tom Bosley as our lesbian sheriff with a stable of extremely tall hot blond deputies each of whom resembles Howie Long.

I'd know all the current events because each of those Howie Longs would stop by to give me ass babies and facials.

I'd wear khaki pants because they disguise cum and coffee stains so well. I'd also wear shawl collar sweaters as they fold into a knee pad very easily. I'd go back to wearing loafers without socks - easier to kick off.

by Anonymousreply 4904/24/2013

Could I be the murder victim? I'm a little tired.

by Anonymousreply 5004/24/2013

You'll need a few people to say, "you'd be better off dead!" in front of witnesses before you can be killed, R50.

by Anonymousreply 5104/24/2013

For a woman who, until her sixties, lived her entire life in a small town, Jessica had an amazing social network. She seemed to have a relative or close friend in most major cities of the US and Europe.

by Anonymousreply 5204/24/2013

That was because she was into the whole pen pal scene R52.

by Anonymousreply 5304/24/2013

I have never seen "Murder She Wrote" but I know exactly what you mean. I saw a fairly random movie 15 years ago called "Enchanted April". I was swept away by the images of those 4 British women in the post WW1 era renting a gorgeous villa overlooking the sea in Portofino. I could smell the many flowers, taste the fantastic food and completely live the experience in my mind. To this day, I swear if I could just have that experience for one month, I would gladly die happy the next day.

by Anonymousreply 5404/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.