Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A lady named Cheryl(!) describes her Michfest experience

She was working kitchen detail:

"We were informed, as we stood in line getting our serving instructions, that there would be possibly as many as 12 000 womyn at the 25th Womyn's Music Festival, and that many of them - many of them - have issues about food. It was not our job, as servers, to deal with food issues, it was merely our job to issue food."

"We were, therefore, to serve each camper what we personally considered a "reasonable portion."(Go to the line with the fat servers.) If the camper requested more, we were to halve that portion and serve it. If they asked for more, we were to halve it again. If they had questions about the ingredients of the food, we were to direct them to the board in front of the tent that listed all of the ingredients in everything we served."

"Our kitchen staff womyn assured us: "we have enough food. At no time, should you ever tell a womyn "No, you can't have more food."

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013

^This story inevitably ends with a womyn showing up with a pail, asking for it to be filled with food "for several womyn" and then the kitchen running out of salad.

by Anonymousreply 104/21/2013

That's OK. As a fat womon on garbage detail, I can always find more than enough food to eat.

by Anonymousreply 204/21/2013

How much is half a trough, and half a half-trough agayn?

by Anonymousreply 304/21/2013

Don't womyn eat out of food sacks like other livestock?

by Anonymousreply 404/21/2013

The burnt toast looks like a man! My eyes have been raped!

by Anonymousreply 504/21/2013

Excerpt is from Cheryl Peck's book "Fat Girls and Lawn Chairs." She's funny. Loved this, from her Michfest chapter:

"I do not always understand the way New Free Lesbians (NFL) communicate with each other. I have assiduously avoided "Processing" for nearly thirty years now. Processing is the method by which six lesbians who fundamentally disagree with each other sit down together and explore in great depth every conceivable nuance of every imaginable interpretation of every feeling any of them have ever had until they come to a workable consensus. They keep telling me it works. It seems time-consuming to me."

by Anonymousreply 604/21/2013

Processing, from the Lesbian Handbook!

by Anonymousreply 704/21/2013

Excuse me, serving womon, how do I know this meat didn't come from a male animal?

by Anonymousreply 804/21/2013

As a female, these women seem tedious as hell.

by Anonymousreply 904/21/2013

"Life is a process. Lesbian Life is the process of processing the process."

by Anonymousreply 1004/21/2013

No tuna for me, strictly BEEF!

by Anonymousreply 1104/22/2013

If they're serious eaters they'll have their own stash.

by Anonymousreply 1204/22/2013

Here we are in the chow line.

by Anonymousreply 1304/22/2013

Is she the female equivalent of David Sedaris? I'd never heard of her. Too bad Cheryl wasn't there the year of the shigella outbreak. That would have made for some fine reading.

by Anonymousreply 1504/22/2013

Michfest 2007 memories...

[quote]“We are in the presence of multiple, swirling presences. I sense them here. They are our foresisters. We are creating the archaic future through biophilic connectedness… The red of nemesis is here. We can’t stop now. We have overcome. And we do not need any penile injections to be effective!”

Plus: Afia Walking Tree leads the drumming!

Bonus: In the comments section, Fest her-storians recall the Year of Shigella -- "I also learned that Fest does such a good job of preparing a LOT of food quickly and safely that the military has sent people in to learn from the Fest kitchen!"

by Anonymousreply 1604/22/2013

Food.

I'm seasoning it now so I do not have to season it later....

by Anonymousreply 1704/23/2013

R14, have you never heard of the figure of ellipsis?

by Anonymousreply 1804/23/2013

I wish I wasn't a penised person so I could go Wednesday.

Community Croning Ritual Djembe Drum/Yoruba Chant Elder Law Considerations My Death, My Choice: Understanding and Protecting Your End of Life Options and Rights Este Cuerpo – This Body Get Over Her! Half-Way Parties and Community Building Intergenerational Knitting Circle Karaoke in the Woods Know Your Car Learn to Swing Lesbian Tent Revival Lez Rez Mardi Gras Masks for Girls

Also, one of the workshop leaders is Rejoyce InLight. That would be the best drag name EVER.

by Anonymousreply 1904/23/2013

(whoops, that was supposed to be a list of workshops.)

by Anonymousreply 2004/24/2013

R18, if you start a sentence with "as a female," the next word must necessarily be "I" or "she."

You wouldn't say "As a female, we are going to Michfest this summer," would you?

by Anonymousreply 2104/24/2013

bump by a penis!

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.