Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The drug culture in America

I have been noticing while reading American books and American news, t.v., movies that the subject of drugs keep coming up. I'm Canadian by the way. And I have to say that it is very scary. Doing drugs in the U.S. is very common and it seems to be a very large part of life; it's almost like drinking liquor. I'm pretty sure a good percentage of posters who answer this thread will have done drugs or at least tried it.

I haven't. I was vaguely aware of it during high school, and in college knew one woman who smoked marijuana occasionally. Also, I lived downtown for a time and came into contact with a few drug users.

by Anonymousreply 704/23/2013

EDM is the new center of drug culture in America.

by Anonymousreply 104/21/2013

OP? Unclench. Drugs aren't "scary." And yes, plenty of Canadians do them, too. Why are you such a mincing prisspot on the subject?

by Anonymousreply 204/21/2013

Drug culture has changed from natural drugs to chemically engineered drugs. It is only going to get worse. Think of a chemically engineered drug which permanently encodes addiction into your DNA. Like a genetic tattoo. It is coming....

by Anonymousreply 304/23/2013

I have noticed that all Canadians live in igloos and beat baby seals with billy clubs. That is far more scary than drugs.

by Anonymousreply 404/23/2013

Most people with a drug problem don't exactly advertise it, OP. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

by Anonymousreply 504/23/2013

I think a lot of people are on drugs in Canada. I don't know where you live, OP, but you obviously have not been to BC.

by Anonymousreply 604/23/2013

Is this a mock post OP?

The US had the "war on drugs" and we disn't so there is that difference in public image of drug use. But outside of that, is the drug culture that different?

by Anonymousreply 704/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.