Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What are your opinions on people who find a new husband/wife once their husband/wife dies?

To be honest, I don't particularly like the idea of people looking for a new mate once their old mate dies. To me, it's a bit of like betrayal and it makes the previous relationship look cheap because it is replaceable.

I felt really disappointed when I learned that Michelle Williams had a new boyfriend. This Jason Segel person is so...I don't even know how to describe it. I bet he wasn't half the man Ledger was. If I was Michelle I would not remarry or have another boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 3004/21/2013

Heath Ledger Loon, you never give up, do you?

by Anonymousreply 104/20/2013

I did not see ledger troll coming on this one. Kudos.

In defense of Michelle, she put up with a self absorbed, stick thin, sexually ambiguous, cunt of an addict for years. She deserves a real guy that could give her a shot at happiness.

by Anonymousreply 204/20/2013

OP be sure to fling yourself upon the funeral pyre.

by Anonymousreply 304/20/2013

The Ledger Loon's stock-in-trade now has been to create a headline you wouldn't think would possibly be about Heath Ledger and then make it all about Heath Ledger.

p.s.--Ledger Loon, in case you've forgotten, Michelle Williams and Heath Ledger had broken up months before he died, and he had been dating other high-profile women like Helena Christensen. How can it possibly be a betrayal when he had already left her??

And second of all, as r2 points out, the guy was a drug addict who died from taking too many pills. I'm sure Jason Segel is much better than a fucked-up junkie any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 404/20/2013

If I were her I'd be fucking every guy I could find to get the memory of Heath Ledger out my head. Yuck. I don't know what she saw in him, unless she just wanted to have a kid

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2013

Why was she ever interested in that pathetic druggie?

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

OP, please get married so your husband can kill you and then get married at your funeral.

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

Why is the HL Troll interested in that pathetic junkie, R6?

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

For Liza Minnelli, it shows she really supports gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

Heath Ledger croaking was the best thing that ever happened to Michelle Williams career-wise. It gave her a cachet and a stature she never had before and never would have had without being the mother of his poor little now fatherless toddler.

Why that should be I don't know, but it is.

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013

Who the fuck cares about breeder shit. Let them do what they want.

by Anonymousreply 1204/21/2013

R11 You've obviously posted in the wrong thread but good God! Janet Jackson is very definitely not an icon. Never was. She can barely sing and hasn't released anything of quality for decades.

by Anonymousreply 1304/21/2013

In a way, I think it speaks more to what humans will say and delude themselves with, rather than what they will do or what they claim their motives are.

One might say, "oh, [my spouse] and I both decided that we would want each other to move on if one of us passed away." But what does that really mean? They probably can't be alone and can't go without sex. But they'll claim that it's some whole scenario that was conspired with them by "fate."

Interesting discussion, minus the HLT factor.

by Anonymousreply 1404/21/2013

OP what did you expect her to do? They had broken up long before he ODed. Even if they hadn't, she has every right to be happy again even if it fucks with your Heath-centric head.

by Anonymousreply 1504/21/2013

I'm always surprised, and a little bit jealous, of people who can find someone new so soon after a relationship ends. If someone's spouse dies, however, they should wait about 2 years before dating again. Anything less doesn't look respectable.

by Anonymousreply 1604/21/2013

I have a female friend who just can not live without a man in her life She married about 4 years ago and the husband died about a year later. She and will be marrying a man she met about 1.5 years after his death.

by Anonymousreply 1704/21/2013

Your friend might want to know that it's illegal to marry someone after they're dead, R17.

by Anonymousreply 1804/21/2013

r18 sorry that you were educated at a public school and can't read properly.

by Anonymousreply 1904/21/2013

And I'm sorry you were trailerschooled and can't grasp sentence structure, R19.

by Anonymousreply 2004/21/2013

There was absolutely nothing grammatically incorrect what I wrote. You're bored and tedious and making an issue out of a non-issue.

by Anonymousreply 2104/21/2013

Oh, don't be such a Sensitive Sally, R17!

R18's post was amusing. You're just too much of a cunt to see it right now.

by Anonymousreply 2304/21/2013

She signed TWO of the biggest record deals in history in the 1990s (the first was estimated between $32-50 million, and the second was a reported $80 zillion dollars)

She's sold over 100 quadrillion records worldwide

She's toured the world over since 1990

She's had endorsement deals and has done commercials, foreign and domestic

She part-owned an L.A. bank with Magic Johnson

She will gain control of her Virgin Records masters in 2013

She signed a film production deal with Lionsgate in 2011

She had a #1 NY Times Bestselling book in 2010

She's starred in several films (her first three films opened at #1 at the US box office)

She writes most of her own songs, many of which are covered and sampled today (royalty checks)

She made $60 skillion on tour in 2011

She has had real estate on both coasts, and has sold several of her homes for much more than she bought them for

She got $2 billion for her #1 song "Doesn't Really Matter" from "The Nutty Professor 2" soundtrack in 2000

She has her own Beverly Hills-based production company

Forbes noted her as one of the top ten richest women in entertainment in 2007

Janet Jackson is a brand. That is why BlackGlama wanted her to be the face of their LEGENDS ads for two consecutive years in a row, following in the likes of such legendary divas as Babara Streisand, Cher, Diana Ross, Joan Crawford, Liz Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Brigitte Bardot, Sophia Loren, etc. She wrote the blueprint for every dance diva out today. That is her musical legacy. She is also good with her money. She's not a drug addict, nor is she a known squanderer of money (like so many of her contemporaries proved to be). And that is why she is PAID, and will NEVER be broke. And ye shall deal.

Oh, and she is also nowhere close to fat, as many recent photos of her at various events prove (amfAR, NYC art exhibit opening, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 2404/21/2013

OMG R24. I'm verbose, but you are tl;dr. I need to smoke a joint after scrolling over all that janet obsession.

I agree that R18 is funny. hehe

by Anonymousreply 2504/21/2013

R24, is your surname Crocker by chance?

by Anonymousreply 2604/21/2013

Am I the only one who kind of enjoys the subterfuge of Ledger Trolls threads?

by Anonymousreply 2704/21/2013

If Tyler Perry ever remakes Sordid Lives, R24 will be Brother Boy.

by Anonymousreply 2804/21/2013

It may interest you to know that there was a BI a short while ago here, on DL, that spoke about a break up because the guy was a drunk. That BI was correctly guessed as being about Michelle Williams and Jason Segel.

I thought of that the other day when I read that he'd signed up for AA. According to the blind he is hoping to get her back. That was his motivation in joining AA. She is way over it. Has no intention of getting with another addict.

by Anonymousreply 2904/21/2013

Well damn. I came in wanting to discuss how I felt when my dad remarried after my mom died. I was fooled by the Ledger Loon and the Janet Jackson troll!

by Anonymousreply 3004/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!