Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I been thinking - maybe this kind of terrorist act is a cultural thing

We don't get it but maybe it's how other cultures deal with stresses and political issues. So we shouldn't take it so personally or make such a big thing out of it. Maybe show their way of doing things more respect. To each his own, you know. And it's a small world nowadays, so we need to accept how other cultures do things.

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2013

Nice try, OP.

by Anonymousreply 204/20/2013

[R1] I believe you are correct.

by Anonymousreply 304/20/2013

I agree with R1. However, it's also important to note that the dominant partner in both events was a sociopath - unable to feel any emotion beyond animalistic rage.

by Anonymousreply 404/20/2013

Nobody mentions if they are Muslim...I mean they are from A Muslim country.

Is the media just being overly protective or correct?

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2013

I agree with R1. This doesn't feel like a dying for Allah and getting 40 virgins and a puppy kind of thing. This feels like someone who was disgruntled and just lost touch and allowed anger to consume him.

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

R5, are you kidding? All the news outlets made mention of the older brother becoming more of a radicalized Islamist after his 6-month trip to Dagestan, and the younger brother posting on Facebook that his worldview was "Islam."

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

OP be sure to fling yourself upon the funeral pyre.

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

Holy fuck you are so enlightened

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

Let's work instead on not accepting horrible things we easily accept because they are so ingrained in our own culture - like war, poverty, sexism, not giving a shit about corporate criminals even when their criminal negligence kill people (like that other crime this week in Texas).

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013

Islam's biggest contribution to humanity has been the suicide bomber.

by Anonymousreply 1104/20/2013

Nice try. 0/10

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.