Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I been thinking - maybe this kind of terrorist act is a cultural thing

We don't get it but maybe it's how other cultures deal with stresses and political issues. So we shouldn't take it so personally or make such a big thing out of it. Maybe show their way of doing things more respect. To each his own, you know. And it's a small world nowadays, so we need to accept how other cultures do things.

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2013

Nice try, OP.

by Anonymousreply 204/20/2013

[R1] I believe you are correct.

by Anonymousreply 304/20/2013

I agree with R1. However, it's also important to note that the dominant partner in both events was a sociopath - unable to feel any emotion beyond animalistic rage.

by Anonymousreply 404/20/2013

Nobody mentions if they are Muslim...I mean they are from A Muslim country.

Is the media just being overly protective or correct?

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2013

I agree with R1. This doesn't feel like a dying for Allah and getting 40 virgins and a puppy kind of thing. This feels like someone who was disgruntled and just lost touch and allowed anger to consume him.

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

R5, are you kidding? All the news outlets made mention of the older brother becoming more of a radicalized Islamist after his 6-month trip to Dagestan, and the younger brother posting on Facebook that his worldview was "Islam."

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

OP be sure to fling yourself upon the funeral pyre.

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

Holy fuck you are so enlightened

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

Let's work instead on not accepting horrible things we easily accept because they are so ingrained in our own culture - like war, poverty, sexism, not giving a shit about corporate criminals even when their criminal negligence kill people (like that other crime this week in Texas).

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013

Islam's biggest contribution to humanity has been the suicide bomber.

by Anonymousreply 1104/20/2013

Nice try. 0/10

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!