Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Death Penalty or Life in Prison

Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev will be tried in Federal Court. Do you think he should get the Death Penalty or Life in Prison or something else that you can make a comment on.

by Anonymousreply 9205/06/2013

I'm for life in prison. He'll spend the next 60 years in solitary with his Koran and fluorescent lights that will never dim.

by Anonymousreply 104/20/2013

no one deserves the death penalty

by Anonymousreply 304/20/2013

Life in prison. I don't believe in the death penalty. People who advocate capital punishment think with their hearts, not their minds.

by Anonymousreply 404/20/2013

You guys want to pay for this cunt to live???

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2013

Death by a huge grease fire, concocted in a pressure cooker with the timer controlled here at Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

For a 19 year old, life in prison would be a just and horrific punishment. He clearly doesn't fear death after everything he and his brother went through in a 24 hour period...let him think about his crimes for every day of his pathetic life.

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? Since I happen to believe in that key feature of American jurisprudence, I answered "Other" for OP's stupid poll.

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

r8 wishes we were lawyers like her.

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013

R10. She's been watch LA Law reruns

by Anonymousreply 1104/20/2013

First of all his brother was big into Islam. He was not. So stop comparing him to his religion when he was not into religion. He was following his big brother. But yes he did commit a horrible crime.

I am in favor of the death penalty but I also think its the easy way out. I love that SuperMax prison they have in Colorado. Prisoners stay in a room 23 hours a day and never see a person. One hour outside in your own space. Food is passed through a door where they don't see the person.

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2013

He's going to be sentenced to 20 years as Aaron Schock's special personal assistant. It will definitely be "hard" labor.

by Anonymousreply 1304/20/2013

But the danger with the SuperMax prison is that the next time the Justice League throws Luthor into it he'll probably lead an escape with all the other supervillains.

by Anonymousreply 1404/20/2013

R13. If that is the sentence then I'm off to buy a pressure cooker

by Anonymousreply 1504/20/2013

[quote]Lets invoke the eye for an eye from his precious religion.

Oh, dear.

I was under the assumption that he was Muslim and not Jewish.

r5, we have a new rule here: idiots only get to make one moronic comment per thread.

The death penalty is medieval and un-Western. It's barbaric. That's not justice. Your government shouldn't be allowed to murder its citizens. The death penalty is murder.

r5 jerks off to the idea of death panels.

[quote]People who advocate capital punishment think with their hearts, not their minds.

Bingo! And that's the irony here -- conservatives always proclaiming that liberals vote on emotion. Conservatives all about about emotion. That's why they need slogans, bald eagles, flag pins, and American exceptionalism. Everything's ruled by the Bible.

by Anonymousreply 1604/20/2013

"Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? "

He will get his day in court but tell me what you have seen so far that he will be found anything but guilty after his trial is finished.

by Anonymousreply 1704/20/2013

R5, surprisingly it is a lot more expensive to house someone on death row and execute them.

Take my state, CA as an example. The death row here "costs taxpayers $114 million a year beyond the cost of imprisoning convicts for life. The state has executed 13 people since 1976 for a total of about $250 million per execution."

Wasting all that money on these murderers isn't worth it when we could be using it for education or health care or public works.

Lock 'em up and throw away the keys.

by Anonymousreply 1804/20/2013

[quote]He will get his day in court but tell me what you have seen so far that he will be found anything but guilty after his trial is finished.

So you're in effect saying he's [italic]not[italic] innocent until proven guilty. "Getting his day in court" is to you just a meaningless exercise.

by Anonymousreply 1904/20/2013

R16. You missed his Facebook post saying his world view was Muslim, which I believe is not Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 2004/20/2013

Oops. Not Jewish

by Anonymousreply 2104/20/2013

My god, r20 is REALLY stupid. Wait, why am I surprised by this?

by Anonymousreply 2204/20/2013

R22. Please clarify

by Anonymousreply 2304/20/2013

Facepalm @ r23.

by Anonymousreply 2404/20/2013

R12, you should understand that many laws are relative and that the prison industry is big business in this country. Governmental entities who sign a contract with a prison company guarantees a very high occupancy rate, so the government has to get the population somewhere. And the rich and powerful commit crimes as well, but they never seem to end up in places like that SuperMax you are so impressed with.

Locking people up so that they can never further themselves through education or other development is a major mistake. When they come out,they can do nothing and are an easy target for other criminals or for a government who needs a warm body to fulfill its quota. It is no way to run a society.

by Anonymousreply 2504/20/2013

Life sentence in a supermax. IIRC, prisoners are'nt even allowed reading material. No chance to kill himself, "improve" his mind, make outside contacts, etc. And as he's young it will be decades of punishment. Supermax should be mandatory for serial killers, multiple murderers, etc. And we should stop the ridiculous war on drugs. Stop making prisons a for profit business.

by Anonymousreply 2604/20/2013

The Qur'an mentions the "eye for an eye" concept as being ordained for the Children of Israel. Some Muslim nations, still apply the rule, in accordance with the Mosaic Law. In some countries that use Islamic law (sharia), the "eye for an eye" rule is applied quite literally.[19][20]

by Anonymousreply 2704/20/2013

[italic]Did I fix it?[/italic] test

by Anonymousreply 2804/20/2013

Firmly against the death penalty here. 4 life sentences for each person killed; 50 years for each person wounded. No chance of parol. The Supermax prison.

by Anonymousreply 2904/20/2013

The news just said he wrote in the boat that he was mad that his brother got to die and go to see Allah before he did.

by Anonymousreply 3004/20/2013

He put the bomb down three feet from a 5-year-old boy? Strap him to a pole and turn him into swiss cheese.

by Anonymousreply 3104/20/2013

Kid can't do anything right. Tried to eat his gun and still didn't die.

by Anonymousreply 3204/20/2013

I don't really care.

by Anonymousreply 3304/20/2013

Only at trial is Tsarnaev innocent until proven guilty. At this time he is being held on probable cause which is "information sufficient to warrant a prudent person's belief that the wanted individual had committed a crime." If he were presumed innocent at this stage he could not be held in jail or on bail before trial. At trial the prosecuting authority has the burden of proving the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. When the trial begins the defendant is presumed to be innocent. The prosecutor has the burden of proof and the burden of going forward or presenting evidence of guilt. The defense is required to do absolutely nothing. So I am under no obligation, personally, to presume he is innocent. I am perfectly free to believe he is a terrorist who killed four persons and attempted to murder a couple hundred others. Besides, a finding of guilty has nothing to do with someone factually having done something that is considered a crime. People are convicted all the time of things that factually they did not do, and conversely, many people do things for which they could be, but are not, convicted of a crime. Guilty is a legal conclusion that a judge or jury make at the end of a trial.

by Anonymousreply 3404/20/2013

Supermax. It seems he was enjoying life, let him realize what he is missing on the outside.

by Anonymousreply 3504/21/2013

Italics need to [/italic] die.

by Anonymousreply 3604/21/2013

I think this will be prosecuted as a death penalty case and that when this happens it will be impossible if found guilty for the judge to do anything but impose the death penalty. Precedent has been set for this in the case of Timothy Mcveigh. The only exception would probably be if he has any information to give the US about future terrorist plots, but that seems unlikely.

Also, the police account of both brothers coming out of their vehicles (apparently they were each driving a different car) and shooting at a single office seems to indicate he's not that innocent. The acct. said at one point the older brother came out in the open and started firing and then ran out of ammo. The officers tackled him to the ground. It's after that that someone yelled because they saw the younger brother aiming his vehicle directly at them. They jumped out of the way and he ended up dragging his brother's body. That's also not the action of an innocent.

There's a picture of him standing just a few rows back from the little boy that was killed. Think about what a deliberate act it was to place a bomb right next to that child, then consider what his penalty should be.

by Anonymousreply 3704/21/2013

Gitmo.

by Anonymousreply 3804/21/2013

Sentence the little prick to a lifetime as DL webbie.

by Anonymousreply 3904/21/2013

There's a picture of him standing just a few rows back from the little boy that was killed. Think about what a deliberate act it was to place a bomb right next to that child, then consider what his penalty should be.

by Anonymousreply 4004/21/2013

Every Christian Religious nutjob friend of mine on FB is obsessed with this, as you are OP. They too are salivating for the death penalty. Freaks.

by Anonymousreply 4104/21/2013

r40:

by Anonymousreply 4204/21/2013

I hope he gets knifed in prison or killed in a fight and gang raped. He deserves it, he is not remorseful at all.

by Anonymousreply 4304/21/2013

[quote]I hope he gets knifed in prison or killed in a fight and gang raped.

You sound like a lovely person.

by Anonymousreply 4404/21/2013

[quote]For a 19 year old, life in prison would be a just and horrific punishment.

Agreed, R7. For young Jahar, no more Twitter, Facebook, Nutella, nachos, girlfriends, weed, booze, tv, movies, music...he is looking at his own virtual eternity of boredom punctuated by moments of extreme fear. His 'friends' will be other psycho/sociopaths, and the only sex he will have is with himself or with other inmates - maybe not always by his own choice.

For a young man who has tasted what American freedom can be like - even if he didn't fully assimilate - prison will be a twilight-zone nightmare.

And for anyone who says something like "Why should taxpayers foot the bill for this?", stop & think a bit. It costs far more to impose a death penalty, with several appeals years of confinement anyway. And of course we as taxpayers are on the hook for the wayward of the flock....

by Anonymousreply 4504/21/2013

Definitely life in prison. That way you can have rock bands named for him once the sadness passes (which it will far sooner than we imagine right now.) I like "Marilyn Jahar"

Also, as he ages, he'll have a beard which gets grayer and grayer as the decades pass. Accordingly successive generations of impressionable youngsters will be inspired because he is the ultimate in what their parents loathe. That's how it works.

If we just kill him, like you would any rabid animal, we miss all that.

Initially, we can hope he will be super popular in prison, what with that very fem little crotch he's got.

by Anonymousreply 4604/21/2013

Life in prison. Regardless who he killed. We are not barbarians and do not need to murder. It also is vastly more expensive to legally kill someone, as has been posted before.

I'm not fond of the insanity-causing type of prison where they have no access to anyone at all. Not even for people as despicable as Jerry Sandusky.

I also think prison inmates should have to earn their keep. Let them work the bean, corn and cotton fields rather than sit around. Let them provide for themselves as the rest of us must. That's neither cruel nor unusual. It's practical and appropriate. (And if you think picking cotton is any fun, trust me that it's a painful existence.)

by Anonymousreply 4704/21/2013

Fuck that, R48. If John Walker Lindh, who was captured under far more dubious circumstances, got a harsh sentence then so should this the wannabe Chechen rebel.

by Anonymousreply 4904/21/2013

I don't understand people who wish rape on someone in a prison setting. There's something truly disturbing about it all.

by Anonymousreply 5004/21/2013

Kill him or don't kill him. It makes no difference as to whether others will be motivated to engage in terrorism.

The issue then becomes whether or not you want a justice system that values retribution.

The justice system is inherently unfair (let's see what happens to those Texan factory owners). Systemically, those treated unfairly under the justice system don't deserve to face death when others get a slap on the wrist.

Personally, I think a lot of people out there don't deserve life, but I can't support capital punishment because the justice system is so flawed.

by Anonymousreply 5104/21/2013

Me? I hope he dies.

by Anonymousreply 5204/21/2013

He'd be very respected in prison because he killed so many. Despite media, even child molesters are respected if they're tough. Only the weak sissies are fucked up.

Jeffrey Dahmer was feared because he was considered crazy and would kill and gut anyone. That's why he was killed in a sneak attack by someone who thought they could increase his status by killing someone higher up.

It did not work.

Richard Loeb was murdered in prison too. Loeb was over 6' and athlete and well built. The guy that killed him was 5'3" l00lbs. Loeb had only defensive wounds hundreds of them by a straight razor, while the attacker had not one wound. You'd think Loeb could've got one punch in if it was self defense. The attacker said, he was defending himself from Loeb.

This punk gained nothing by it.

This guy will be well respected by Muslims and because he'll never be let out of prison will go right to the top of the prison hierarchy, because he can kill and harm and what can they do to him? He killed a cop too, that's a good thing for a prisoner.

by Anonymousreply 5304/21/2013

I've always said that if the death penalty brought back the people who were killed, I'd be for it.

However...it bothers me when people who call themselves Christian start salivating for the death penalty. (Especially those who are anti-abortion).

It frightens me to see some peoples' deeply nasty streaks when they talk about "what they'd do" to a criminal. It's a license to give in to violent fantasies and compulsions in an "acceptable" setting.

by Anonymousreply 5404/21/2013

There is no death penalty in MA!

by Anonymousreply 5504/21/2013

r18 I’m sure this is being exploited and the money is going elsewhere to someone’s pocket. It can’t possibly cost that much to execute someone.

I don’t like the death penalty because it’s just life for a life. If someone kills someone, oh you’ll get the death penalty. It’s not fair. Just because you don’t care/want to live anymore why should you be allowed to take someone else down with you.

Bring back torture chambers for criminals!

by Anonymousreply 5604/21/2013

I'm from Norway, but I'm still against the death penalty, and yes, that includes the monster that killed all those kids. Killing him won't solve anything, and it won't make us better than him. It will actually make us a murderer in some ways too. I will always be against the death penalty. I feel like the death penalty is used as a form of revenge, when the truth is that killing the perp won't undo what he did. It's useless. Let him be locked up for the rest of his life, but don't kill him off. A state killing its own people? that's fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 5704/21/2013

tie his balls to the back of a pick up truck and drag him along the route of the Boston Marathon.

Then, when he gets to Boylston Street, put him next to a bomb that will go off and maim him.

Then put him in prison for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 5804/21/2013

He deserves death. As painful as he inflicted on his victims.

by Anonymousreply 5904/21/2013

He'd have opportunities to suck cock in prison, at least that's what 'Oz' taught us. At least a super-max prison is sort of safe, no black dudes from the 'hood with their warped internal prison code of living. I'd hate to 'toss the salad' of a black dude from the 'hood.

by Anonymousreply 6004/21/2013

Pro-death penalty nuts are bloodthirsty and disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 6104/21/2013

I don't feel guilty wanting this piece of shit executed. In certain cases, where you leave a bomb next to a bunch of kids for example, I think the sooner we fry 'em the better.

by Anonymousreply 6304/21/2013

[/italic] I don't believe in the death penalty because it is imposed arbitrarily and sometimes to innocent people. However, I don't have a problem here, if the evidence holds up.

by Anonymousreply 6404/21/2013

I'm sure it's been stated in several different ways throughout this thread already but the death penalty is barbaric and beneath us as a modern society. It is a hold over from Medieval times and should have been put aside decades ago like in most other civilized nations. It appalls me how backwards our country can be when it comes to certain issues.

by Anonymousreply 6504/21/2013

r62, embryos are not babies and aren't "killed" because they were never alive to begin with. This is a fallacy that is oft repeated but that doesn't make it anymore true.

by Anonymousreply 6604/21/2013

Thank you r66, the babies thing always makes me laugh. Gads, the ignorant schmucks that buy into that tripe.

by Anonymousreply 6704/21/2013

Life begins at erection.

by Anonymousreply 6804/21/2013

[quote][R62], embryos are not babies and aren't "killed" because they were never alive to begin with. This is a fallacy that is oft repeated but that doesn't make it anymore true.

They are clearly alive. The key is they are not yet persons.

The whole focus on "life" misses the point. We, as a society, do not really hold human life sacred. We all all to ready to allow many people to die and to kill them under the right circumstances.

What we do is respect the rights of an individual citizen and a fetus is not an individual at least until it can survive outside the womb.

by Anonymousreply 6904/22/2013

I was reminded by what I said in R46 - tonight, watching the sensitive interview with a sad Charles Cullen with his dead blue eyes and puzzling skin condition. Up close.

by Anonymousreply 7004/29/2013

He should be forced to marry a Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 7104/29/2013

Both are too harsh. Why ruin a young life like that? In 10 or 20 years he would have been rehabilitated and he can reenter society.

by Anonymousreply 7204/29/2013

Didn't Jeffrey Dahmer get beat up multiple times in prison before he was finally killed? I think R53 is full of crap.

I think his reception in prison will be totally contingent upon his behavior when he gets there. I doubt they will accord him instant respect because he blew up an 8-year-old boy.

by Anonymousreply 7304/29/2013

Death. Let his victims pull the switch.

by Anonymousreply 7404/29/2013

(R55) His trial will be in federal court and can still get the death penalty. The state he's in has nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 7504/29/2013

I wish him a slow, agonizing death.

by Anonymousreply 7604/29/2013

In the week of the Boston Marathon bombing, there were approximately 38 Americans killed from gunfire. 13 times more than killed in the Boston bombings.

Should we fry all those people too? Or does "eye for an eye" only count if Muslims are involved?

Or do killers only deserve to fry if they're "newsworthy"?

by Anonymousreply 7704/29/2013

Death. Doesn't have to be slow or agonizing. Just...death.

by Anonymousreply 7804/29/2013

He's going to be a balding, beady-eyed, big-nosed, bearded creep soon. Let's see how all the queens and fangirls feel about little Jahar in 5 years time.

by Anonymousreply 7904/29/2013

[quote] They are clearly alive.

They are living tissue. Like tumors, or warts. They are no more "people" than squiggly larvae are flying, bloodsucking mosquitos.

by Anonymousreply 8004/29/2013

I hope Mama Chechen gets locked up in Russia. Papa Chechin will likely avoid imprisonment due to his brother Ruslan's CIA ties. Ruslan has been very helpful in putting oil pipelines in Kazakhstan for the US.

by Anonymousreply 8104/29/2013

R82. Who is your dealer?

by Anonymousreply 8304/29/2013

Does life mean solitary?

by Anonymousreply 8404/30/2013

Either way, Dzhokhar will suffer. If he lives life in prison, in solitary confinement, it would be torture. And he would die sooner or later anyway. So I don't even see the point in having the death penalty when life is torturous. Death is only the end of torture.

But it's still sick that America still has the death penalty. It's hard to respect a superpower government that still executes people, even people with not enough evidence. There's nothing the people can do about it, even with so much protests over the Troy Davis case.

It could be easier to defend death penalty if it at least were used for the pedophiles and the sadists who hurt children, but all I see is a broken system where rich people buy their way out of prison and black poor people get long sentences and the death penalty for pot and money-related crimes.

by Anonymousreply 8504/30/2013

First of the Russians knew more than they told the FBI. They told the FBI to check Tamerlan out but they had the tape of he and his mother talking about jihad and never let the FBI know.

Second, the young bomber's court appointed attorneys are bringing in some death penalty lawyer who got the Unabomber and the guy who shot Gabby Giffords life in prison. They are trying to get this guy that as well. But living in a 10x 10 cell with no contact with humans might make him want the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 8604/30/2013

Lily-livered anti-death penalty liberals need to get some justice in their hearts. As long as they don't have close friends or relatives fatally tortured or butchered or killed, they will never understand the concept of capital punishment.

by Anonymousreply 8704/30/2013

Death penalty. One less monster on earth. Plus, why waste taxpayer dollars keeping this POS locked up for decades?

by Anonymousreply 8804/30/2013

death penalty is the easy way out. I vote for Life in Prison watching Kathie Lee Gifford 24/7 from Regis to Hoda. And ordinarily I don't sanction torture.

by Anonymousreply 8904/30/2013

Why don't we ask the people who were hit with the bombs shrapnel and lost limbs and loved ones?

by Anonymousreply 9104/30/2013

r90, actually revenge is putting them in prison for life so that they can be taunted and raped for the rest of their lives.

The humane thing to do is killem now while his buttholes still normal sized.

by Anonymousreply 9205/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.