Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have you ever had a crush (or affections) for years?

I don't know how long my affection for a guy I really like will last, but I loved since forever.

by Anonymousreply 4904/24/2013

Wow! Since like forever is like a long time.

by Anonymousreply 104/20/2013

The longest crush/infatuation I've ever had lasted for about 8 months.

by Anonymousreply 204/20/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 304/20/2013

Damn, that's tough, R3. Is he/she straight or in a relationship?

by Anonymousreply 404/20/2013

I had a crush on a guy all 4 years if high school, but now he's chubby and a shell of his former hot self (the curse of the pretty boy).

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

I find myself suddenly thinking about my first boyfriend of late. I bought the kind of coffee pot he had at the time, one of which I bought for myself years ago, but which I hadn't used since we broke up decades ago.

I've even had dreams about him this week. I started writing him a letter last night, one I don't intend to send. I just wanted to get my thoughts on paper.

I hadn't given any thought to him since that long ago time, and now all of a sudden, it's like I want to get in the wayback machine and make things right.

Or I could just get rid of the coffee pot.

Does this count?

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

About 25 years. We've never been single at the same time...until now!

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

Every night I think about him offering himself to me- rolling back his skin and giving me his rose for me to drink his nectar

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

Well, R9 has really let horticulture go to his head.

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013

It feels so good when you can get over a person you no longer wish to crush on or like.

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2013

Paul, a firefighter and part time emergency switchboard operator at the hospital where I worked. When Paul was working, he was the person I communicated with as I was on call. Paul was Mexican, we were in a border town. Paul had a brother that was beautiful, tall and very guapo. Paul always treated me with respect and kindness. A different switchboard operator used to tell people in front of me that I was a maricon. Of course I knew what a maricon was. 20 years later Paul still works at the hospital part time. My friend sees him now and again and keeps me current on his life.

by Anonymousreply 1304/20/2013

For 6 years. He is supposedly straight with wife and son. Also deeply involved in his church. But when no one else was around, he flirted about. He is much younger than me and may have done some of his actins to get his job (I hired him). He has the most beautiful double thick, long black eyleashes with deep brown eyes. I no longer see him (haven'tfor 2 years though I would see him occasionally in the hallway at work. He left our company a few months ago. He brought me much joy and spirituality as well as amny jack off fantasies. Oh well.......c'est la vie

by Anonymousreply 1404/20/2013

Yes. Currently and I hate it. I wish I could just get the fuck over it or figure out why I'm so drawn to him.

I've already fucked him and he came back for more but we haven't seen each other in months - we don't live in the same state and we just hooked up one night. But I keep thinking about his beautiful legs, cock and smile.

It wouldn't be so bad if I knew he was just as tormented. Maybe take the sting out of it.

by Anonymousreply 1504/20/2013

So what's he up to, r13?

by Anonymousreply 1604/20/2013

So how long like likes is like not known but love like is like forever, OP?

I love it! Not sure I like you, though. Love is like that.

by Anonymousreply 1704/20/2013

My crushes tend to burn out fairly quickly if it becomes clear the other person really isn't interested. I also have a pretty low tolerance for being strung along.

by Anonymousreply 1804/20/2013

My best friend, from the day we met 14 years ago. I was and am still partnered to the same person. He was single then but has been coupled since 2001. He recently stopped wearing his wedding ring but is desperately hoping for a reconciliation--and I'm his only source of emotional support and the only one with whom he's shared anything through it all.

On one hand, it's terribly painful as his friend to see him go through this, because I know he invested everything in this relationship and was (and is) deeply in love. And I want most of all for him to be happy. On the other, I'd written off any hope of being with him and tried to focus all my energies on my own relationship, which is (except for this detail) good. But I would turn my life inside out if he wanted to be with me. Even if his split is permanent, though, it's going to be a long time before he's ready for another relationship, and I think an "I've been in love with you for years" would only freak him out.

So, yes, OP. It kinda sucks.

by Anonymousreply 1904/20/2013

Yes. Older guy. Hooked for years up but now he's come out as straight so probably time to let it go?

by Anonymousreply 2004/21/2013

8 yrs. intense attraction to each other. But she wanted to be married. And she is, to a man.

by Anonymousreply 2104/21/2013

I'll never forget my first love -- I still have warm memories -- but I would not make any effort to see him.

Basically, he's nuts, though it took long distance and many years for me to realize this.

Everyone's heard the phrase "the fog of war."

Well, an even thicker fog is the "fog of attraction/lust/love."

by Anonymousreply 2204/21/2013

2 years and counting.It was my married ex boss who seemed to have bi tendencies(or,maybe he was completely gay and unsure about what to do). I still think about him,he was very cute,but as a person,not that great.

by Anonymousreply 2304/21/2013

Did then suddenly did not. After refusing me for years the object of my affection became perturbed when she realized she no longer held me in thrall. She had certainly enjoyed the attention. I was glad to let the whole thing go.

by Anonymousreply 2404/21/2013

Mine lasted a few years.

An old colleague and I would cruise each other at work. As with R6, when one of us would get too close, the other would pull away. I couldn't control the butterflies in my stomach. I don't know what his excuse was.

I called him up after I left the job intending to ask him out. I figured it was the right time since we no longer worked together and none of our colleagues were around to witness the sexual tension between us. I didn't get that far. The conversation was good but in the middle of it he mentioned having a date later in the week. I took that as a cockblock and didn't ask him out.

It's a good thing I didn't. He got married not long ago.

by Anonymousreply 2504/21/2013

I do with my crush from high school. I still think about him every now and then. His eyes, that smile, I wish I had said something back then.

I’m not in a hurry to forget about that crush or be with different people every week to get over him. I’m not hurting anyone, in time it will be a good memory.

Some might think it’s crazy! To me crazy is when people go from one person to another in a matter of weeks, that’s crazy!

by Anonymousreply 2604/23/2013

For me, it can go on a very long time if it's unrequited.

It's much easier if you date them, or just know them well. Most guys don't turn out to be such gems when you get to know them well.

I seem to find the perfect guy and he ends up being Philip Markoff. Just bad luck.

by Anonymousreply 2704/23/2013

Ha ... so over in the other thread the lesbians are mocked for being so "hung up" on ex-lovers.

Well, the boys are hung up on ex-crushes!

by Anonymousreply 2804/23/2013

No one is "living in the past". We're discussing how to get over a crush.

So we can get on with it instead of being hung up on someone that we're not going to be with.

Mine was "requited". Fucked him several times. And I still want to fuck him some more. I know he's a jerk and I don't care. I don't want a relationship with him. I just want in his pants!

by Anonymousreply 2904/23/2013

I did something terrible to him and I didn't really had a chance to properly apologize to him. It's been over a year and since I get attached so easily, I expect it to be longer.

Fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 3004/23/2013

Uhm, what was the question?

by Anonymousreply 3104/23/2013

My crushes last until the next guy comes along ...

by Anonymousreply 3204/23/2013

Great question. Honestly, no. That kind of limerance doesn't last for me. What can last, however, is a feeling of belonging with, respecting, caring for and refreshingly, of not being driven stark raving mad by someone else. That's what I look for in a relationship and have found.

by Anonymousreply 3304/23/2013

I've been flirting pretty hard with my boss' ex-boyfriend, but it's totally impossible - not only do I have a boyfriend that I love and have no intentions of cheating on, but this guy is my boss' ex-boyfriend; I'd totally lose my job over it. But I have to run and jerk off after every conversation we have. This has been going on for a couple of years - thankfully I only see/talk to him every couple of months.

by Anonymousreply 3404/23/2013

How do you happen to run into him, R35, now that he is your boss' ex? Does he work at the same company?

by Anonymousreply 3504/23/2013

He and my boss are still friends, r36

by Anonymousreply 3604/23/2013

Not anymore. When I was younger, I did.

American men are not romantic in any shape, way or form. They may pretend to be, but you can tell that they are just going through the motions in order to achieve a separate goal.

If you are two gay American men, then you are likely to dispense even with those theatrics and simply fuck until you both ejaculate, and then move on to the next infatuation.

So I generally find that having a crush on any American man is a complete waste of emotion and energy.

I DO, however, have crushes on non-US, non-Anglo men, who have not been trained to exhibit knee-jerk latent homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 3704/23/2013

The Heath Ledger Troll owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3804/23/2013

My late love was super romantic R38.

by Anonymousreply 3904/23/2013

R40, that's sweet. :)

Most younger guys are not at all. Is that a function of age, or is it a cultural shift?

by Anonymousreply 4004/23/2013

Give some examples of being romantinc?

by Anonymousreply 4104/23/2013

I still love Disco.

by Anonymousreply 4204/23/2013

What did you do, R31?

by Anonymousreply 4304/23/2013

We were separated for the first time while he was away on business. He called me up at midnight and told me to go to the airport. He had bought me a plane ticket to be with him because he could not stand to be away from me that night.

by Anonymousreply 4404/23/2013

Though I try to tell myself I've gotten over it, I know I still have a thing for my old roommate from 7 years ago. He swears he's straight, but I he's dropped obvious signals that he's at least bi.

Anyway, my latest crush happens to be one of the employees for my client. Each time I call him to discuss a document, there is such blatant flirtation happening. Anyhow, I know I'm going to wind up squandering this opportunity with him, too.

by Anonymousreply 4504/24/2013

What kind of hints did he drop, R46? I'm just curious.

by Anonymousreply 4604/24/2013

Going on 3 years, and he is married. He is so funny and kind to me and is talented and intelligent.

My heart aches sometimes I want him so much.

by Anonymousreply 4704/24/2013

I once found an orange Crush that was in the bottom of the refrigerator for about a year, does that count?

by Anonymousreply 4804/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!