Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

CVS: the place with the helpful, anti-Asian racist staff!

BELMAR, N.J. (AP) -- A woman of Korean descent who claims a worker at a CVS in southern New Jersey used a phrase mocking Asians to identify her on a store receipt has filed a federal discrimination suit against the pharmacy chain, according to her lawyer.

Attorney Susan Chana Lask said her client, Hyun Lee, was picking up photos Feb. 7 at a CVS in Egg Harbor City when Lee noticed an employee had identified her as "Ching Chong Lee" on the ticket.

Lee said through her attorney that she complained to CVS customer relations and was allegedly told the worker would be "counseled and trained."

"Store counseling cannot correct intolerable discrimination," Lask said in a written statement, adding they were demanding the worker be fired.

CVS Caremark Corp. spokesman Mike DeAngelis said the company does not comment on pending litigation but has a firm non-discrimination policy.

"CVS/pharmacy is committed to treating all of our customers with dignity and respect," he said.

The suit, which Lask said was filed April 16 in federal court in Camden, is seeking $1 million.

Lask planned to hold a news conference to announce the suit on Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 1904/22/2013

Not surprised

by Anonymousreply 104/20/2013

My CVS manager engaged in homophobia until I set her straight!

by Anonymousreply 204/20/2013

Pitiful and ignorant. I can't relate to people who seek to hurt others for no particular reason. They must be on the psychopathic spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 304/20/2013

This wouldn't have happened at Mark Pi's..

by Anonymousreply 404/20/2013

So?

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2013

I mean, it's nasty, but how exactly will she prove that she was discriminated against? Were her photos blurry?

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

Are you freakin' kidding me?

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

What are thy supposed to do if that is actually the person's name? Refuse service for fear of disciplinary action?

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem then if that was her actual name, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

I mentioned this on the other thread, but isn't it the customer that types in their name into the digital photo machine and not the cashier?

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1104/20/2013

Who still gets photos developed?

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2013

[quote]"Store counseling cannot correct intolerable discrimination," Lask said in a written statement, adding they were demanding the worker be fired.

Probably not, but firing is even less likely to "correct" discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 1304/20/2013

Where did the phrase "ching chong" originate?

by Anonymousreply 1404/20/2013

She should be grateful the clerk didn't key "Oriental Lee."

by Anonymousreply 1504/20/2013

Bad CVS employee!

by Anonymousreply 1604/20/2013

It's evidently been around for more than 100 years, R14.

[quote]Mary Paik Lee, a Korean immigrant who arrived with her family in San Francisco in 1906, writes in her autobiography that on her first day of school, girls circled and hit her, chanting:

[quote]Ching Chong, Chinaman, / Sitting on a wall. / Along came a white man, / And chopped his tail off.

by Anonymousreply 1704/20/2013

Interesting R17 and thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1804/20/2013

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

by Anonymousreply 1904/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.