Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Janet Jackson - That's The Way Love Goes

Janet Jackson's first single off the album Janet., released April 20th, 1993.

"That's The Way Love Goes" remained at #1 for eight weeks in 1993, the longest run at #1 for any member of the Jackson family. The Grammy awarded song is the most successful single of Janet Jackson's career.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 3009/21/2014

I loved it when it came out and Janet's look in the video blew my mind.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 104/20/2013

Now she's wearing a chador and ululating with her husband's other wives.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 204/20/2013

JLO is in the video

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 304/20/2013

Paula Abdul and JLo. They both came through the Janet video camp.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 404/20/2013

`Side A, boo,side A! Pompa,boo,pompa!`

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 504/21/2013

JUST SO YOU KNOW-Janet Jackson is FAR from broke.

She signed TWO of the biggest record deals in history in the 1990s (the first was estimated between $32-50 bazillion, and the second was a reported $80 skillion dollars)

She's sold over 100 quadrillion records worldwide

She's toured the world over since 1990

She's had endorsement deals and has done commercials, foreign and domestic

She part-owned an L.A. bank with Magic Johnson

She will gain control of her Virgin Records masters in 2013

She signed a film production deal with Lionsgate in 2011

She had a #1 NY Times Bestselling book in 2010

She's starred in several films (her first three films opened at #1 at the US box office)

She writes most of her own songs, many of which are covered and sampled today (royalty checks)

She made $60 billion on tour in 2011

She has had real estate on both coasts, and has sold several of her homes for much more than she bought them for

She got $2 trillion for her #1 song "Doesn't Really Matter" from "The Nutty Professor 2" soundtrack in 2000

She has her own Beverly Hills-based production company

Forbes noted her as one of the top ten richest women in entertainment in 2007

Janet Jackson is a brand. That is why BlackGlama wanted her to be the face of their LEGENDS ads for two consecutive years in a row, following in the likes of such legendary divas as Babara Streisand, Cher, Diana Ross, Joan Crawford, Liz Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Brigitte Bardot, Sophia Loren, etc. She wrote the blueprint for every dance diva out today. That is her musical legacy. She is also good with her money. She's not a drug addict, nor is she a known squanderer of money (like so many of her contemporaries proved to be). And that is why she is PAID, and will NEVER be broke. And ye shall deal.

Oh, and she is also nowhere close to fat, as many recent photos of her at various events prove (amfAR, NYC art exhibit opening, etc.)

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 604/21/2013

OP, bitch! You got my hopes up, I thought you were Janbot and I couldn't wait to click on this thread to find a complete mess inside. But NOPE! Thank you, R6, for giving me what I came for!

Oh yeah and I like that video.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 704/21/2013

That's the way love goes may have been a big hit in the US, but like most of her singles it had limited success worldwide

She is NOT AN INTERNATIONAL ARTIST like Michael or Madonna.

Brother Michael had a SLEW of songs that were bigger hits or sold more copies WORLDWIDE

Which at the end of the day is all that matters

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 804/21/2013

JAAAAAANNNNBOOOTTTTT!!!

I SUMMON THEE!!!!

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 904/21/2013

[quote]Which at the end of the day is all that matters

No its not. In the grand scheme of music, this song is way more definitive of 90s music than anything Michael did. Michael's heyday was coming to a close when Janet released this album. Janet was the main event in the industry around this time. The slick beat and sexy lyrics to this song are still holding 20 years later and it will always be a classic.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 1004/21/2013

That's nice dear but it was 20 years ago, nobody under 35 curr.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 1104/21/2013

Two trillion for a song no one has ever heard of? You ARE delusional, dear. Oh, you're not just the JanBot, you've become an actual Jackson!

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 1204/21/2013

[quote]Two trillion for a song no one has ever heard of

You're the only who hasn't heard of it, R12. Janet's trillions of fans, the universe over have heard it and like every Janet song, it is the greatest song ever.

Two trillion actually sounds like a conservative estimate. She actually got closer to $20 gazillion, after she signed the biggest record deal in the history of all time, ever.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 1304/21/2013

R10 Black or White by MJ which came out at the end of '91 was a much bigger hit worldwide than any song Janet ever released in her entire career.

In fact it spent 2 years among the top biggest selling singles worldwide on the year end charts for 91 and 92.

Sit down now

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 1404/21/2013

R12 in 1992 Madonna signed a $60 million deal with Time Warner which was called the biggest ever

15 years later in 2007 she signed a $120 million deal with Live Nation which was called unprecedented

Janet hasn't appeared on any of the Forbes highest paid entertainers list since 2002.

Madonna has appeared on the list in 02, 05, 07,08,09,10,12 and is due to place EXTREMELY high on their 2013list, she may even knock Oprah out of the #1 spot for highest earning entertainer of the year.

In 2009 Madonna earned $110 million the highest ever in one year for a female musical performer

Madonna is due to break her own record on the 2013 Forbes list.

Janet has been MIA for years

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 1504/21/2013

Well, that's what I get for not recognizing a JanBot parody post-- skimming over a post too early in the morning...

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 1604/21/2013

And MadonBot comes in right on schedule.

Nobody cares about the cryptkeeper anymore, dear.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 1704/21/2013

[quote] Madonna is due to break her own record on the 2013 Forbes list.

She'll be breaking her hip too.

No one gives two shits.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 1804/21/2013

R17 that's why she just completed the highest grossing and attended tour of 2012

Madonna is like the Rolling Stones or U2, or Springsteen she'll always make money and she'll continue selling out arenas and stadiums until she retires.

Janet's next tour may be in malls across the US

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 1904/21/2013

[quote] that's why she just completed the highest grossing and attended tour of 2012

You've confused quantity with quality.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 2004/21/2013

Has, meet been.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 2104/21/2013

[quote]the longest run at #1 for any member of the Jackson family

Aside from Janet & Michael, have there been any other #1 hits from the Jackson family. I loved Rebbie's Centipede and Jermaine's Dynamite but I don't think they came close to #1. Anything from LaToilet?

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 2204/21/2013

R18 that would be self proclaimed coke head Lady Gaga

Oh wait she already did!

For the record Black or White was #1 for something like 12 weeks on the United World Charts.

Janet could never

She's never even had a #1 single in the UK

Her European (world's second biggest market) album sales are embarrassing

Something like 12 million for her whole career

Pathetic

Madonna's 1 album The Immaculate Collection outsold Janet's entire 30 plus year career in Europe!

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 2304/21/2013

We've all moved on, OP. Janet has moved on. You need to move on. Use your powers of research and fact-finding to cure cancer or something, not promote Janet's career.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 2404/21/2013

Janet's fat AND broke. She HAD to marry a rich guy. Maybe now she can get lipo.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 2504/21/2013

Do you think Janet will get circumsized?

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 2604/21/2013

Yeah she's a local star, but better to be one in the US than anywhere else.

It's hilarious though when her loons go on about her being an "icon" and legend when at most that's only true in the US.

Madonna, Prince and her brother's place in the pop firmament was always assured, Janet not so much. She was a hitmaker and had #1s but so is Rihanna who had more. There's just nothing to her, she has zero charisma and personality to back it up and make her truly memorable. See her interviewed and she's a blank void with that ridiculous mouse voice of hers.

Credit where it's due though, she did have some good music and TTWLG is a classic, her best along with the Control singles.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 2704/21/2013

Bump.

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 2909/21/2014

[quote]Janet was the main event in the industry around this time.

Nirvana???

by Not Janbot, just a fanreply 3009/21/2014
Need more help? Click Here.