Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Orphan Black" on BBC America

I am enjoying it thoroughly. Anyone watching?

I like the actress playing the lead character and her clones, and really enjoy the gay foster brother (I've always had a thing for hot campy guys).

Maria Doyle Kennedy does "woebegone and stern" very well (The Tudors; Downton), but I have a feeling she'll get a chance to show more as the foster mom/grandmother as this goes on.

Is the setting supposed to be Toronto?

by Anonymousreply 25007/18/2015

I don't think they've identified the city. I looked it up on IMDB and it is filmed in Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 104/20/2013

I recently saw the lead actress, Tatiana Maslany, in a Newfie movie called "Grownup Movie Star." She was good enough that she's making me contemplate watching this show.

by Anonymousreply 204/21/2013

I'm pretty sure the city has been identified as Toronto on the show. I'd never heard of the lead actress before the show but she is really incredible. Even the characters with North American accents sound totally different from one another. I also can't imagine the kinds of hours she must be putting in. She is in literally every scene and often has to film multiple versions of scenes because she plays so many characters. She must be exhausted!

by Anonymousreply 304/23/2013

It took me a little while to really get into it, but they totally won me over with the ending a couple of weeks ago ("Not yet, not Beth.")

The actress really is pretty amazing at playing so many characters, even sometimes characters playing each other, and still have them be defined and distinctive. That's some serious talent.

by Anonymousreply 404/23/2013

Just discovered this show. You have to give a couple of episodes and give them a lot of creative liberty but it's damn good. The acting is excellent, the lead is amazing and her boyfriend is fucking smoking!! (Beth's boyfriend)

by Anonymousreply 505/25/2013

It looks like one of those Canadian productions that you'd find on Syfy. Unlike something like a Defiance there is no star power. The leads do decent English accents for foreigners but that doesn't elevate the show that much.It's not bad but it would have been better had it been done in the UK like Dr Who.Too many of these Canadian shows look the same and that's not a compliment. Don't get me wrong I love Canada but there is a sameness to the visual style of the Sci-fi shows whether they be shot in Toronto or Vancouver.

by Anonymousreply 605/25/2013

I like the Toronto setting it looks familiar and vaguely futuristic.

by Anonymousreply 705/25/2013

[quote]I've always had a thing for hot campy guys

WTF is a "campy guy"? Someone in a boy scout uniform? Someone in a tent? Please speak English.

by Anonymousreply 805/25/2013

I really like it - it's got kind of a "Fringe" vibe and the acting is very good to excellent all around. Tatiana Maslany (the lead who plays all the clones) was just nominated for a Critics' Choice Award for Best Lead Actress. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 905/25/2013

Just finished watching the show, and it was really fantastic. What a happy surprise - I nearly deleted it from the DVR without watching any of it. That would have been a mistake because I enjoyed it a lot.

I kept expecting it to collapse on its own premise, but it just got better and better with each episode.

The story is really well told, but part of the appeal of the show is the actress playing all of those characters. She's great, and each of those roles are distinctive and interesting.

I'm happy that there will be a second season.

by Anonymousreply 1006/17/2013

Wow! DL actually likes something!

by Anonymousreply 1106/17/2013

Love it. Have spent numerous hours on the show's wiki and various online forums reading through people's interpretations and observations.

[quote]WTF is a "campy guy"?

Defined by effeminacy.

by Anonymousreply 1206/17/2013

Tatiana Maslany won the Critics Choice Award for best actress (didn't see that mentioned here yet)

She beat 2-year running winner Claire Daines, Vera Farmiga, and Elizabeth Moss

It's funny to see industry types jumping on the Orphan Black bandwagon, now that Tatiana is actually a contender to be the next A-List tv star

by Anonymousreply 1306/17/2013

I'm so glad she won! Totally deserving -it's a kick-ass performance and it must be grueling to film.

by Anonymousreply 1406/17/2013

That's fantastic! She so deserves it. It's a brilliant performance.

by Anonymousreply 1506/17/2013

For the definition of camp, read Susan Sontag.

If you really don't know anything about camp, please turn in your gay card.

by Anonymousreply 1606/17/2013

Tatiana answered a few questions for HuffPo (I know, I know) after her Critics Choice win.

Hopefully the Emmys won't ignore her performance because it is basically a sci-fi program. It's kind of borderline sci-fi anyway. I mean the science they speak of isn't that far away from being science fact. The guy with the tail pushes it in the sci-fi direction a bit.

Clonesbians must be the term for fans of the show. I can't figure out if the word is specific to lesbo fans, or can anyone be a Clonesbian? Though like Allison, I'm not a fan of the "C" word.

Allison reminds me of a combination between the Mariah Carey social worker character in Precious (probably just the hair style) and the character Nancy on Hollyoaks (if anyone is familiar). Allison is very Nancy in both looks and behavior.

by Anonymousreply 1706/18/2013

Short clip of Maslany accepting her Critic's Choice Award. I wonder how many people in the crowd were even aware of the show - she doesn't get very enthusiastic applause. Eric Stonestreet is making a face like "Who?" as she walks past him on the way up to the stage.

She had solid competition too, so I bet lots of folks were surprised since Tatiana is an absolute unknown compared to the rest of these nominees...

Claire Danes (Homeland)

Vera Farmiga (Bates Motel)

Julianna Marguilis (Good Wife)

Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men...maybe should have been nominated for Top of the Lake instead)

Keri Russell (The Americans)

by Anonymousreply 1806/18/2013

I don't get Elizabeth Moss? She's alright on Mad Men but her acting is one-note. She was more interesting earlier seasons. She does look so much better with the blond do.

by Anonymousreply 2006/18/2013

Tatiana is amazing on this show.

by Anonymousreply 2107/05/2013

This show is fucking amazing. I've fallen in love with the lead actress. She's that good.

by Anonymousreply 2207/07/2013

Tatiana Maslany is amazing. Funny, Alison (soccer mom) looks thinner than the other clones.

by Anonymousreply 2307/07/2013

Totally loved it...one of my fave shows this past season

by Anonymousreply 2407/07/2013

I love Cosima so I was sad about the finale reveal. I cannot believe all of these characters are played by the same actress. Just got a friend hooked on the ho this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 2507/07/2013

I'm sick of her face.

by Anonymousreply 2607/07/2013

I love Cosima.

by Anonymousreply 2707/07/2013

Fingers crossed for some Emmy love this morning.

At the very least a best actress (drama) nomination for Tatiana if nothing else. After the Critic's Choice win, the Emmys will look really out of touch if they snub her.

by Anonymousreply 2807/18/2013

No Emmy nomination for Tatiana.

I don't watch all the shows of the women that got nominated instead of her, but I strongly feel that neither Connie Briton (Nashville) or Michelle Dockery (Downton Abbey) did anything more impressive than Maslany does in this show.

by Anonymousreply 2907/18/2013

Michelle Dockery can't hold a candle to Tatiana's performance. She is in a different sphere entirely.

by Anonymousreply 3007/18/2013

Dammit, she was snubbed. No justice in this world. Glad to see there is a 2nd season. Perhaps they'll give her a Sorry We Snubbed You Last Year Emmy next year.

by Anonymousreply 3107/18/2013

You might be right, r31. At least that would be some consolation.

But you know the old blue hairs responsible for nominations seem to have an aversion to anything with even a hint of sci fi. I wonder how many of them even bothered to check out the screeners for a show they don't want to have to think a little bit to comprehend.

Also, they seem far more likely to recognize work from actors that they already know and have opinions about. Orphan Black is all relative unknowns, and that probably works against it at awards time. If there were even one bigger named star involved in this show, it would be far more likely that the voters would take it seriously and check it out.

This HuffPo writer liken the Emmy snub to Kerry Washington being left out a year ago. They came around to the show and nominated her this year - just you like suggest might happen with Maslany next year.

by Anonymousreply 3207/18/2013

I loved TM playing Alison playing Sarah, especially when the daughter realized that she wasn't Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 3307/21/2013

Tatiana, Jordan Gavaris (Felix), and Dylan Bruce (Paul) did Comic-con last week.

This video is their panel from the simultaneous Nerd HQ across the street from the convention center inside Padres stadium. I usually prefer these to the actual Comic-con panels (maybe because Zach Levi usually hosts and he’s a good time), but they are very similar.

It’s all audience questions. Video starts at about the 10 minute mark.

The crowd is all nerds, of course, but largely lesbo nerds, also of course. Although sometimes with nerds it’s hard to tell. I suppose there could be lots of straighties in the crowd.

The one that asks a question about a dialect coach, but really just wants to say that she’s Team Cosima and that her wife is a scientist from UC Berkeley - she's a dandy.

There are very few questions about where the story might be going, which is fine because they probably wouldn’t even be able to answer those if they did know…which they probably don’t since they haven’t started filming the new season yet. The majority of queries seem to be about playing and switching between the multiple characters.

They do get a big cheer when one of the questions mentions that they were wrongly overlooked by the Emmys.

Season 2 will start up next April. A long time away.

by Anonymousreply 3407/26/2013

A little bit of info about Season 2 in this HuffPo (sorry, but they actually generated the story this time) article.

by Anonymousreply 3507/26/2013

Just watched the first episode today, and I loved it. I definitely want to see more.

by Anonymousreply 3608/03/2013

I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 3708/03/2013

The only problem I have with OB is that they (like most other shows) gave more screen time and showed more PDA between the lesbian characters than the gay characters. I think they could have involved her gay foster brother a bit more in it. Maybe he could have had a relationship with someone that would end up being involved in the clone thing too.

But anyway.. I digress. I do really like the show. I think Tatiana is an amazing actress, and I'm already looking forward to the next season. Her critics choice win was well deserved too. Glad to see her get some recognition. She should have at least been nominated for an Emmy, but they probably snubbed her just because it's a sic-fi show. It sucks.

by Anonymousreply 3808/05/2013

She is winning a lot of awards otherwise so OB and Tatiana are getting a lot of recognition. Dylan Bruce is fine.

by Anonymousreply 3908/05/2013

Dylan Bruce is also going to be on Arrow next season. Sounds like the role will be more than just a one-episode appearance.

So if he doesn't have some shocking death on Orphan Black, he'll be featured in 2 current shows in the same season - at least for a while.

by Anonymousreply 4008/05/2013

When watching a lot of tv shows or movies, I can't seem to tell actors apart. Even once they start talking, I have to wait for context to tell whether this character is the same character or a different character. Is this the boyfriend or the brother? Is this the boss or the guy from the club?

When watching Maslany play all of the clones, I'm never lost. She's created distinct personalities for each one of them. From their speech patterns to to their body language. She's amazing. They struck gold with her.

by Anonymousreply 4108/05/2013

R41 - You're right. I can always tell who is who.

by Anonymousreply 4208/05/2013

Dylan Bruce was the guest on Chelsea Lately tonight. Attached is a partial clip of the interview - a vid of the entire thing will likely be available later.

Chelsea is on vacation and this is the week that Lindsay Lohan is filling in as guest host for her.

by Anonymousreply 4308/06/2013

Thanks R43

by Anonymousreply 4408/06/2013

Just got through the entire season. Chiming in that Tatiana Maslany is fucking amazing - love how she managed to create distinct personas with speech patterns and body language, and I love the subtle shifts she does when one character has to pretend to be another. But more than the acting affectations, she manages to give each character depth and heart - especially Allison (who grows beyond the comic soccer mom stereotype, though I thought in the finale she went a little "Desperate Housewives").

I could have done without the "Neolution" club silliness and the tail (up until then there was a real gritty thriller feel to the show, but that was straight out of a campy sci-fi movie, like The Fifth Element or something), but in general thought the pacing and plotting and management of suspense were excellent. Really looking forward to the second season.

by Anonymousreply 4508/17/2013

Regina King and Kevin Bacon both praised her on twitter, to name a few.

She truly deserved at least an Emmy nom for her performance in the series.

by Anonymousreply 4608/17/2013

As a fan of both shows I think this news is great.

Maslany has a guest role on the upcoming season of Parks and Recreation. Her character will be dating Tom Haverford - awesome.

by Anonymousreply 4708/21/2013

I just finished the season. It's really good and she is great. I read it takes 17 hours to film when all three clones are together.

by Anonymousreply 4808/21/2013

Here in Blighty we finally got the first two episodes on BBC 3 last night, loved it! Anyone else think Sarah sounded a bit Australian?! Full marks for effort though.

That'll be me in on Friday nights with the cat and the doughnuts then...

by Anonymousreply 4909/21/2013

Well that's at twist, r49.

Brits having to wait to watch a buzzed-about series that originally aired on BBC America?!

by Anonymousreply 5009/21/2013

R49 I thought it sounded a little of-kilter for a british accent too, but then I realized she's an expat that's been living in north America since she was young, so it makes sense if her accent becomes a little diluted or harder to place.

by Anonymousreply 5109/21/2013

According to Amazon UK it's not out on DVD in Britain until August 2014!

by Anonymousreply 5209/21/2013

R50, that's because it's actually a Canadian show (Canadian creators, writers, actors) that partnered with BBC America to get produced. It would have been better to air it in all 3 countries at once, but I can understand why they did it the way they did.

by Anonymousreply 5309/21/2013

Jordan Garavis (Felix) played a gay guy a couple of years ago on Degrassi.

He wasn't on for long (only 2 shows according to the attached) but as a gay myself I have a very visual memory of the first of those episodes.

Football jock Riley was still very closeted and he had a covert meeting with Jordan's character Nathan in the woods. They had a clumsy hook-up while Nathan was out for a trail run.

by Anonymousreply 5409/25/2013

I've been getting into this show & just have a couple episodes left to watch. Normally I do not like sci-fi, so I agree with R45 that some bits like Neolution & the guy w/a tail are a little hard to swallow, but I can deal with the basic concept of human cloning. The show moves at a fairly brisk pace & has more humor than I expected. I wish the music was better, though.

by Anonymousreply 5509/25/2013

Add me to the chorus, R45 and R55. That Neolution business came thisclose to sinking the whole thing for me, but damn if Tatiana Maslany didn't keep me watching.

by Anonymousreply 5609/25/2013

My housemate is into the show and he got me totaly hooked even tho I only started watching halfway thru the season. Glad BBC America is rerunning it. I kinda liked the Neolution/guy with a tail thing, but then I hadn't seen all of the episodes before that.

by Anonymousreply 5709/25/2013

The tail getting cut off was awesome!

by Anonymousreply 5809/25/2013

R58, I agree. It was done with enough humor too. Especially the scene where her Ukranian crazy clone is dancing with the tail in the air and then flings it. I was laughing my ass off.

by Anonymousreply 5909/26/2013

Don't mess with the Ukranian crazy clone!

by Anonymousreply 6009/26/2013

I'm looking forward to knowing more about "ProClone," the blonde bitch working inside the organization, who was seen in the finale.

But yeah, the crazy Ukranian is a trip.

How about season three: the rise of the Felix clones?

by Anonymousreply 6109/28/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 6210/19/2013

When does the next season start?

by Anonymousreply 6310/19/2013

Season 2 won't begin airing until April, r63.

Attached is some info on casting announcements made this month.

by Anonymousreply 6410/20/2013

Looking forward to next season. Enjoyable show.

by Anonymousreply 6510/22/2013

Maslany had her guest spot on Parks & Recreation last week. She was really good and pretty darn funny working with Aziz Ansari.

by Anonymousreply 6610/22/2013

Just finished watching. Great show!! So after ten episodes it feels like it's just starting. Can't wait for April.

Brava to Tatiana!

by Anonymousreply 6711/03/2013

I love Cosima.

by Anonymousreply 6811/23/2013

Is this show on Netflix yet?

by Anonymousreply 6911/23/2013

It's on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 7011/23/2013

At first glance a read the thread title as "Oprah Black" on BBC. Damn dyslexia.

by Anonymousreply 7111/23/2013

Damn fine series.

by Anonymousreply 7212/07/2013

Amen, R72.

by Anonymousreply 7312/07/2013

I just watched the whole season for the 2nd time. It's really one of the all time greatest performances. I can't think if any actor who could pull off what TM does.

by Anonymousreply 7412/08/2013

Sarah Michelle Gellar did well playing twins on Ringer, but this is a whole new level.

by Anonymousreply 7512/08/2013

Bumping for a BBCAmerica special with the cast coming up Saturday night, in advance of the second season premiere on Saturday 4/19.

Have been rewatching the last few episodes from last year; I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

by Anonymousreply 7604/06/2014

Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 7704/06/2014

Bumping 'cause I just came home with my snacks for tomorrow night's premiere!

by Anonymousreply 7804/18/2014

Bump because a friend told me about the show and I binge-watched not realizing tonight was the season two premiere, and so glad I did.

And Paul is insanely hot.

by Anonymousreply 7904/19/2014

Love Allison.

by Anonymousreply 8004/19/2014

Great show. The actor who plays "Paul"... what's his story? Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 8104/19/2014

What have you been smoking, OP?! That gay foster brother is HIDEOUS! And a personification of all the worst gay stereotypes that lame hetero writers can think of.

by Anonymousreply 8204/20/2014

Just binge-watched the entire season in one day (yes, I'm unemployed, lol) and I agree with everyone else, this show is great and TM is freaking amazing!

by Anonymousreply 8304/20/2014

Felix is cute, but his ass didn't really do it for me in those chaps.

Paul is too generically good-looking to do anything for me. Doesn't help that his character is duller than dishwater.

by Anonymousreply 8404/20/2014

I watched with some friends last night, which was fun. None of us had watched it when it first aired, but we all binge watched. The season 2 premiere did not disappoint--especially that crazy ending!

by Anonymousreply 8504/20/2014

Are they going to have the lesbian characters make out again, while the supposed gay hustler don't even get to kiss? If so, it would be typical.

by Anonymousreply 8604/20/2014

I binge-watched the entire season a few weeks ago. Tatiana is absolutely amazing in her roles, and I like the premise of the show. However, it is unlikely that I will tune in for Season 2. The show became too convoluted with too many storyline holes, and there is far too much humor. I would have preferred it to be much more serious and somber.

by Anonymousreply 8704/20/2014

Too much humor? That's the best thing about it. I usually loathe science fiction, but I like the fun and campy aspects of this show.

Sci-fi that takes itself too seriously is dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 8804/20/2014

Felix is supposed to be a hustler/manwhore, yet we never see him kiss other guys. The lesbians on the other hand get to make out every episode! The double standard is hypocritical and offensive.

by Anonymousreply 8904/20/2014

Well, seeing how one of the lesbians is a CLONE, it makes sense it would be featured more.

by Anonymousreply 9004/21/2014

Felix's fake teeth would keep him from kissing anyone. He looks like he got those teeth from a gumball machine or a Halloween shop.

by Anonymousreply 9104/21/2014

Just started watching Season 1 - LOVE this show!

by Anonymousreply 9204/21/2014

Hey is anybody tired of the double standard of lesbian characters kissing but gay males only getting to fuck one another? Please speak up. Now is the time.

by Anonymousreply 9304/21/2014

Maybe a double sstandard, but I'm not GLAAD, watching every show with a notepad tracking each gay moment. It's a sci-fi show. I wouldn't ask them to depict accurate gay life or do something for the gay cause. It's just entertainment. If you want to keep track though, don't forget that the show shows two regular and one recurring gay/lesbian character. That's a lot for a show that wants to appeal to the mainstream demographic.

by Anonymousreply 9404/26/2014

Well said R94. Can we just enjoy the show for what it is? Felix isn't the main character ffs. If he was, then maybe I could bring myself to care a little bit.

You can see gay men kiss on Looking and on Shameless (in addition to fucking).

by Anonymousreply 9504/26/2014

[quote]Well, seeing how one of the lesbians is a CLONE, it makes sense it would be featured more.

Except this happens on every goddamn show, not just this one. Also.. sorry, but what you said just doesn't fly with me, it doesn't make it ok. It's still hypocritical and a double standard. There's literally no exuse for Felix not even getting to kiss other guys. If the writers has a problem with writing for and portraying a gay guy, then they shouldn't be writing one at all. Using Felix for laughs, while he's celibate, is no better than the celibate gays on other shows like Modern Family. It's offensive.

by Anonymousreply 9704/26/2014

Is "Paul" gay?

Come on, Canadians. Give us some info on the actor who plays him.

by Anonymousreply 9804/26/2014

I think Alison is supposed to be Mormon, but they can't come out and say it. I think they threw in a man dressesd like a Protestant reverend for the heck of it.

by Anonymousreply 9904/27/2014

Binge watching it On Demand sucks because every fucking commercial break is the same commercial voiced by Penn Jillette. I hate Penn Jillette

by Anonymousreply 10004/27/2014

Alison a Mormon? Are you a moron? Considering all If the drinking she does...

by Anonymousreply 10104/27/2014

I watched few episodes the time they first came out year ago but lost interest in the series. But now when the second season began I decided to come back to it and binge watched the remaining episodes at Netflix before starting to watch season 2. And yeah, it's a pretty good show. It has a nice indie feel to it and thankfully it lacks that certain Canadian tv-feel which often gives Canadian shows a bit dull and beige feel. (Not that there hasn't great Canadian shows over the years because there has.)

But I wish that they would've used only mostly unknown actors. Max Headroom was getting already on my nerves but now they brought in Peter Outerbridge who has so much baggage from his earlier shows that I just wish they would've gotten someone else.

I'm also not liking the Outerbridge's traditional country boy sect at the secret farm storyline. It feels very old and done so many times already in millions of other shows, and I think that Orphan Black, which sort of brings something new to the table, would've stayed away from something like that.

The show is not perfect but I'll watch it for now.

by Anonymousreply 10204/27/2014

Felix has a nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 10304/27/2014

Haven't seen the 2nd ep of season 2 yet; I'm hoping it will be up on demand later today. The season premiere was excellent, though. I was very glad that Helena survived the shooting--love the way Maslany plays her.

Felix has hardly been "celibate." He got with the morgue attendant guy last season and we saw him with at least one paying trick. Last week he was on some dude's lap in those cut-out chaps (I concur about his nice ass) and said Sarah was interrupting a "five way."

I'd like to see more of Alison's cute hardworking suburban drug &gun dealer friend, Ramon.

The scientist pictured in the old photograph: Siobahn?

by Anonymousreply 10404/27/2014

R104, wow.. ONE kiss so far! Big woop. The lesbians kiss all the time. Lets see how many guys Felix get to kiss this season. If the number is zero then I stand by what I said.

by Anonymousreply 10504/27/2014

R105 give it a rest already.

by Anonymousreply 10604/27/2014

Agree [R106] and [R104]. Felix has been shown to be out and about. Great buns I think , but to each his own. Didn't see the Tomas thing coming at all. Love the show.

Oh. Felix needs to wear his hair back, but damn I loved those sunglasses.

by Anonymousreply 10704/27/2014

Love the show, but still cannot warm up to the police detective. Found him quite stiff and boring last season. But now that the Beth story seems to have closed I'm not sure what his purpose is.

by Anonymousreply 10804/27/2014

I liked that he and Sarah have partnered up though. If he double-crosses her, she's screwed. Am also starting to like the tenacity of his partner. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 10904/27/2014

Holy shit! This show was great last year. It's over-the-top, fucking fantastic this year. The first two episodes have been quite intense.

Not sure exactly who the farmer person is. Helena's "father" or...?

by Anonymousreply 11004/27/2014

[quote] Alison a Mormon? Are you a moron? Considering all If the drinking she does

And pill taking. Which is exactly what Mormon women do because they are so unhappy being perfect wives and mothers.

by Anonymousreply 11104/28/2014

[quote] Not that there hasn't great Canadian shows over the years because there has

Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 11204/28/2014

[quote] I was very glad that Helena survived the shooting

Don't Ssrah and Helena have miraculous powers to heal from injuries? And Kira inherited it?

by Anonymousreply 11304/28/2014

I love Helena, the scene last year after she cut the dudes tail off and dancing with it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 11404/28/2014

Not to mention giving birth, R113

by Anonymousreply 11504/28/2014

[quote] There's literally no exuse for Felix not even getting to kiss other guys.

Maybe they don't show it because it isn't The Felix Show.

by Anonymousreply 11604/28/2014

R112, are you oh dearing me because I write shittily or because you don't appreciate Canadian tv-shows ;)

Felix not kissing guys is not a big deal to me (maybe because I don't find him sexy and don't really want to see him kissing anyone) but I agree that because Cosima does it all the time with the French girl one might wonder why. I wouldn't say the show is homophobic, though, because Felix is handled otherwise pretty well. Maybe the makers are mostly straight and don't have a need to show guys kissing? There's nothing wrong with that.

BTW, there isn't that much male/female kissing either, so maybe the excessive lesbian kissing serves as a plot point to something else.

by Anonymousreply 11704/28/2014

[quote] are you oh dearing me because I write shittily or because you don't appreciate Canadian tv-shows ;)

" because I write shittily "

by Anonymousreply 11804/29/2014

Is Paul gone?

by Anonymousreply 11904/29/2014

I don't get the Ukrainian nuns reference that Sarah made regarding Helena. Were Ukrainian nuns rumored to be awful towards children? And go did Helena get to Ukraine? Her Jamaican mother gave one to the state and one to the church. You'd think she might.have given the baby to Anglicans.

by Anonymousreply 12004/30/2014

I don't usually like when a lead character like Sarah has a kid, but Kira is a cool, non-annoying kid. I loved when Sara asked Kira if they should leave that farm or whatever it was they were at and how they decided together that it was best that they go.

by Anonymousreply 12104/30/2014

Believe me, leave the farm as fast as you can. It's too boring to stay there.

by Anonymousreply 12204/30/2014

So glad Helena is still around.

by Anonymousreply 12304/30/2014

Does anyone else think "Felix" looks a bit like Freddie Mercury?

by Anonymousreply 12404/30/2014

R124, yeah his teeth are protruding a bit. Funny though they don't look that bad in the interviews I've seen of him.

by Anonymousreply 12504/30/2014

Felix looks different this season. Like he had to change his look for another role and isn't quite back to Felix yet.

by Anonymousreply 12604/30/2014

Felix does have a delectable ass.

by Anonymousreply 12704/30/2014

Catching up before tonite's new episode:

Loved drunk Alison blowing her big number in the musical, and how about Sarah's ex / Kira's daddy, yum...

Kira has ESP or something, right? She's an extraordinary little girl.

Some fine Felix work in this one-- a bit put out that suddenly his niece has a new man in her life

by Anonymousreply 12805/10/2014

Alison drunk is funny.

by Anonymousreply 12905/10/2014

GodDAMN, Tatiana can act. I think the final scene last night was the best yet.

by Anonymousreply 13005/11/2014

R130, that last scene was so raw, so powerful. I actually cried.

by Anonymousreply 13105/11/2014

R129 - "Kira has ESP or something, right? She's an extraordinary little girl."

Yes. She noticed that Allison was not her mother.

by Anonymousreply 13205/11/2014

I love this show but don't get the cop? He is probably one of the most unattractive people I have seen on a TV show. More Dylan Bruce please.

by Anonymousreply 13305/12/2014

That last scene was incredible - a real nail biter. And Tatiana keeps getting better and better! Give her the damn Emmy already!

by Anonymousreply 13405/12/2014

I like the show, but this season feels a little convoluted. Too much going on.

The dark-haired younger guy in the cult is pretty hot...anyone know who he is?

by Anonymousreply 13505/12/2014

Felix got to kiss tonight. Everybody happy?

by Anonymousreply 13605/18/2014

Dylan Bruce naked...I want more!!

by Anonymousreply 13705/18/2014

Loved last night's episode. (Felix didn't just get to kiss his date, btw, that some pretty explicit foreplay.) Nice contrast between the fun going on there and the hot but joyless scene of Paul taking orders from the proclone in her "cold bitch digest" high rise apartment...

No Alison last night, and for a minute I actually wondered if the actress needed a week off!

First time Felix and Helena meet--good stuff

by Anonymousreply 13805/18/2014

Still an excellent show.

I loved the musical based on cleaning up crime scenes. That was inspired madness.

The plot is getting a little convoluted, with so many characters and loyalties shifting around...but I hope Helena can find some "family" in her twin and Felix.

I wonder if there wasn't some gene slicing of animal DNA into the original fetus/es. All the clones seem extraordinary physically and mentally...and with the hint of "Leda"...it would kind of make sense.

by Anonymousreply 13905/18/2014

I loved when Felix told Bell to give Helena food in order to get her to cooperate.

by Anonymousreply 14005/19/2014

Helena is stealing the show. She is hilarious! If anyone watches Game of Thrones, Dario/Kira's baby daddy is the same actor. He was nude in GoT las week too. He is fucking hot!

by Anonymousreply 14105/20/2014

R141 both Orphan Black and GOT are the highlights of my week. It's amazing though how much hotter Cal is on Orphan Black.

by Anonymousreply 14205/20/2014

Kinda love Helena. I worry about her bleached hair growing out.

by Anonymousreply 14305/26/2014

Also great about this season: badass Siobahn. Maria Doyle Kennedy is really good in the role, and appears to be enjoying herself.

by Anonymousreply 14405/28/2014

Helena is the best. Maslany plays her so well. I wonder what kind of research she did...feral children, orphans from the former Soviet Union.

by Anonymousreply 14505/28/2014

For a minute there, I thought we were going to get a Felix/Art hook up...that would be sort of hot, except they both have WAY too much teeth for a kissing scene.

by Anonymousreply 14605/28/2014

They're starting to lose me

by Anonymousreply 14705/31/2014

Me too. The story lines are all becoming very convoluted. I still got a kick out of yesterday's episode. Love Mrs. S. and all the comedy around Allyson. But I stopped trying to understand all plot threads. Love Michelle Forbes. Nothing she isn't good in.

by Anonymousreply 14806/01/2014

My partner and I watched this week's episode last night. When Michelle Forbes came onscreen, he said, "I don't know why that actress works so much. She's not very good." I am now contemplating divorce.

by Anonymousreply 14906/03/2014

Michelle Forbes was brilliant and heartbreaking in The Killing, as was the woman who played her sister.

by Anonymousreply 15006/03/2014

This last episode was fantastic!

I love how the story moved along and how the characters intertwined. Plus I loved the comedy in it.

Allison in a prison shower?

Donnie in the car?

Great stuff. Love this show.

and ...Michelle Forbes works all the time.

by Anonymousreply 15106/04/2014

Ok, that's it for me.

Tony = shark.

Show ---> jumped

by Anonymousreply 15206/08/2014

Go Rosa!!!

by Anonymousreply 15306/08/2014

"Tony" is a stretch...as always watching the actress transform into another character is fascinating.

Overall, the plotting and the storyline keep developing.

I see possible sharks in the distance, but haven't felt we are jumping over any yet.

by Anonymousreply 15406/09/2014

I lost interest in the show after maybe four episodes on season 1. I've always thought Maslany's doing a fine job but there's always been overload of her. I decided to jump back when season two was starting and so I watched all the unseen first season episodes on Netflix, and I actually enjoyed them a lot. It didn't take long on season two for me to get tired of the show again.

I don't think OB is a very good show. The main story is pretty boringly done, and overall the show is all over the place. It relies way too much on the amount of characters Maslany gets to play and forgets to tell a good story.

The Tony character was absolutely ridiculous, as was the sexual tension between him and Felix. I mean wtf? Tony could practically be his brother/sister and he just goes for it. It felt wrong. And I must've watched the episode half asleep because I didn't understand that was Tony transsexual? Anyway I didn't think Maslany played him well and the person responsible for his make-up should be fired for that piss poor job. It just felt like Maslany in a cheap as hell drag. BTW for whatever reason when this episode started I was thinking that why haven't they made Maslany play a man yet because the makers seem to want her in practically every scene, and when I noticed the Tony character having something on his chin (I thought he was a woman before that) I thought ok, here it is, Maslany as a man.

The show has always had moments of freshness and that's why I probably keep watching it, even if fast forwarding parts of it.

by Anonymousreply 15506/09/2014

It's nice of them to try to have Maslany play a man but let's face it, she's a woman with a soul patch glued to her face. A real trans would have a deeper voice, a less round face, a more masculine body. That testosterone Tony is shooting is as effective as saline.

Please kill this character. The show has too much going on as it is. I expect to be introduced to the Sarah clone that had penguin cells mixed in with it next.

by Anonymousreply 15606/09/2014

I love Alison, Helena and Felix, but I'm kind of meh on the other characters. I like the show, but I don't have a passion for it the way so many people do. Maslany is terrific though.

by Anonymousreply 15706/09/2014

[quote]It's nice of them to try to have Maslany play a man but let's face it, she's a woman with a soul patch glued to her face. A real trans would have a deeper voice, a less round face, a more masculine body. That testosterone Tony is shooting is as effective as saline.

Uh, Tony is transitioning, not a natural-born male. Didn't anyone here pick up on that? He even said as much. Granted, I am finding the show quite hard to follow myself with the umpteen different storylines going on. Time to start killing off some more clones.

by Anonymousreply 15806/10/2014

Go Helena! "Impregnating" the fundie-maniac daddy was my favorite scene of the whole episode.

by Anonymousreply 15906/17/2014

It's been a good season. Good, not great. Every scene was well done and very watchable. But as a whole the stories were all over the place. I hope next season will be more focussed again.

by Anonymousreply 16006/18/2014

R160, this is a show that really needs more episodes to fully tell the story.

by Anonymousreply 16106/18/2014

Yes, it needs to be more focused and streamlined. I still like the show and characters, but I'm not really into this season's plot as much as I was with the first season. It's hard to follow now, too much going on.

Alison, Donnie, Helena and Kira were badass in the last episode though.

by Anonymousreply 16206/18/2014

I started watching this last week, and have been watching 1-2 episodes each night. What a fucking brilliant actor Tatiana is!!! The writing is a little uneven, the plot a little too twisty now and then, but my god, that woman can act!

by Anonymousreply 16306/19/2014

The season 2 finale is fantastic. I can't believe they are only producing 10 eps a season. I love this show. And yes, Tatiana Masiany acting is award worthy for sure.

by Anonymousreply 16406/22/2014

Remember how the lead character was raping that guy in the first season?

by Anonymousreply 16506/22/2014

What a great finale! I don't want to wait a year for season 3!

by Anonymousreply 16606/22/2014

I agree, she is a fantastic actress. You genuinely forget it's one person playing all of those roles.

You root for her as this character or that one, but hate her as another character. Amazing.

Funny thing is that a lot of people seemed to think "Rachel" was dead, but the actor who plays "Paul" tweeted that Rachel is going to look cool with an eye-patch.

by Anonymousreply 16706/22/2014

Mrs S. played the cunty first Mrs. Bates on Downton Abbey, the one for whose murder Mr Bates went to prison in his boring storyline. She was beyond amazing in that role.

by Anonymousreply 16806/22/2014

I knew Rachel wasn't dead when there was no follow-up after she got stabbed. And now there will be more clones. I just want more Helena.

by Anonymousreply 16906/22/2014

The dance party was great! Helene dances just like you'd imagine.

Mrs. S. was also in one of my favorite movies ever, The Commitments. She was one of the 3 girl backup singers.

by Anonymousreply 17006/23/2014

I'm a little wary about the male clones now. I'm not sure I love the storyline and I think it's unlikely the actor will be able to pull off as many different characters as Maslany.

by Anonymousreply 17106/23/2014

I'm with you on that one r171. A poor actor in this role could really drag down the show. I'm not sure this guy can pull it off. Plus, he's really odd looking.

by Anonymousreply 17206/23/2014

I just started watching. Do you ever get not annoyed by Maslany's incredibly ugly teeth? Does the wretched actor playing (I think) her gay friend get killed off quickly? I hope so. He is the worst actor in the history of ham.

by Anonymousreply 17306/23/2014

No 173 you are alone.

This was a FANTASTIC finale!

by Anonymousreply 17406/24/2014

yrah, r 173, I think you're alone. The finale was pretty good.

Off topic, and yet taking 173's bait: Her teeth are perfectly fine. What distinguishes them from what you usually see- Maslany's are real. That's a lot more admirable in my book than fake ones. Besides, I think they look perfectly normal an fin.

Loved the clone dance, btw. Nicely done. Loving all those characters.

by Anonymousreply 17506/26/2014

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the dance party, r170.

by Anonymousreply 17606/27/2014

so is the Prolethian story done? Not that I found it very interesting, but I don't think we got real closure on that.

by Anonymousreply 17706/28/2014

How Orphan Black Filmed That Big Multi-Clone Scene From The Finale

by Anonymousreply 17806/28/2014

R173 must prefer game show host white chiclet teeth.

by Anonymousreply 17906/28/2014

Maybe I expected too much after reading the rave reviews. I've so far watched 4 episodes and the acting is amateurish, hammy and the plot and writing pedestrian.

Does it get better?

by Anonymousreply 18006/28/2014

Shhh, R180, go back to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 18106/29/2014

The Prolethian story might not be done. Gracie's mother was away on a recruiting mission, and she's going to come back to a dead husband and her home in smoking ruins. She might want revenge.

by Anonymousreply 18206/29/2014

Even the master Prolethian might not be dead after all. We never saw the dead body. And as they say in TV drama world: If you haven't seen the body in the open casket, he isn't really dead. I have a feeling they left it deliberately vague because they learned from how they handled Helena last season.

by Anonymousreply 18306/29/2014

This may sound weird but I love her teeth. Very cute smile.

As far as the Proletheans, that plot line felt very aborted (no pun intended). It just felt as though they mapped out some greater arc (Proletheans v Dyad) and decided to toss it in favor of Dyad v greater umbrella company with Michelle Forbes' character. I do like the territory the show is headed into with male clones but they need to tighten up the writing for season 3. One of the showrunners outright admitted they intended to kill of Mark in episode six and scratched that in favor of making him a clone as well, which leads me to ask, who are Mark and Paul fucking to stay on this show LOL

by Anonymousreply 18406/29/2014

Her teeth are fine. They look normal. Jesus, must everyone have bleached bathroom tiles for teeth?

by Anonymousreply 18506/29/2014

I love that Paul is all about Paul. My favorite Paul scenes were when he was planning to murder Sarah and set it up as a suicide, until she told him she was a clone.

I don't love that he was reabsorbed back in the military. I hope we get a good explanation next season as to what's up with him.

by Anonymousreply 18607/04/2014

Tatiana is getting NO love. So talented and so little acknowledgment.

by Anonymousreply 18707/10/2014

I don't get it either. Not even a nomination?

by Anonymousreply 18807/10/2014

Fuck the Emmys

by Anonymousreply 18907/11/2014

I think the thing to remember about this show is that it's meant for a very young demographic, likely young girls and gay boys who love Dr. Who. It's not meant to be epic drama but is more episodic in nature like a comic book. And, of course, the main attraction, no doubt indirectly, is watching the fantastic performances of Tatiana Maslany.

I think Season 1 was more engaging as it was primarily an origins story - we took Sarah Manning's journey of discovery with her. Season 2 was more disposable where we were able to enjoy the established pleasures of Maslany's performance and Jordan Gavaris, with occasional beefcake from Dylan Bruce. The plot itself wasn't that interesting.

Maslany should've submitted herself in Supporting and Guest categories as well! The feat of her acting is amazing, not just in terms of what she delivers but just in terms of production. Believe it or not, a lot of actors would struggle/buckle with the responsibility of being in every scene - let alone playing two or three different characters in a scene. She has to do takes as Sarah, then do all of her takes as the clone or clone(s), etc. Not to mention believably playing opposite herself and matching all the energy of all her performances. It's amazing - and matching all the composite work, it's also highly technical work as well. A lot of actors would crumble under those demands. Though I'm sure she has a lot of support, what she's doing is not easy. I would expect the next series to be the last.

I wonder if she has all Helena days, then all Allison days, then all Cosima days, picking up all of her shots like that for a period of time or if she is in and out of the makeup chair all day which in itself would be incredibly time consuming - when there's one actress playing all the roles that's a lot of waiting around while she's in hair and makeup. Most actresses spend a lot of time in the makeup trailer, I don't see how they could turn her around in less than 45 minutes, at best. It's probably more like 75 minutes at least.

by Anonymousreply 19007/13/2014

I'd been hearing about this show for so long and finally caught up. Watched both seasons in one long weekend.

The Tony business was a disaster. I'm glad I binge-watched and was able to get a new episode right away.

When Cal first appeared I thought he was so hot. It wasn't til later I realized he was NuDario. Why is he so unattractive in GOT?

Delphine is gorgeous.

And Helena gets the best lines. "I'm very good with children." And I loved her explanation of her relationship with Jesse.

by Anonymousreply 19107/15/2014

I think what makes her not getting a nomination worse is that "Lady Mary" got one. I mean really. No offense to the actress, but she isn't an interesting enough character to warrant the nomination.

Part of the problem is that OB has a very small audience.

by Anonymousreply 19207/15/2014

[quote]Maybe I expected too much after reading the rave reviews. I've so far watched 4 episodes and the acting is amateurish, hammy and the plot and writing pedestrian. Does it get better?

The show has sort of indie charm to it but I agree with all your points. The first season was ok but second lost the plot almost completely in my eyes. I've said it here earlier but it seems that the most important thing for the makers is to give Maslany as much screen time as possible as different clones. On top of it the storylines were lazily written and all over the place.

I'm not surprised at all that Maslany didn't get Emmy nomination. Especially after the trans-clone episode which was embarrassing to watch. She's a good actress and she usually does pretty good job with her roles but the writing has just been so bad that it's annoying. But I do understand why some people think very highly of OB and Maslany.

by Anonymousreply 19307/15/2014

I agree with "Tony" being a terrible addition, but even if you have qualms with some of the writing, Maslany is still deserving of a nom because she does a very good job of making each character unique to the point you're convinced they're all different people.

by Anonymousreply 19407/15/2014

Has any BBC America show received Emmy nominations?

by Anonymousreply 19507/15/2014

I just checked, R195: "Luther" and Idris Elba got nominations, so did Helena Bonham Carter for the Liz Taylor movie and "Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan" a.so got one,

by Anonymousreply 19607/15/2014

also got one*

by Anonymousreply 19707/15/2014

The show is messy to say the least. But Maslany still does a really good job. Even if the show doesn't always work, she more than deserves an Emmy nom. I actually thought they'd do it this time.

by Anonymousreply 19807/15/2014

R196 - so, some, but not very many. I think the lack of familiarity with the show and BBC America probably explains the snub.

by Anonymousreply 19907/15/2014

She didn't necessarily submit the Tony episode. And any episode she did submit would be impressive because she'd be playing Sarah, Rachel, Cosima, Allison and Helena, for a start.

She wouldn't have submitted an entire season. Even Best Drama doesn't do that.

by Anonymousreply 20007/15/2014

Cute pic of TM. Also her comments on the snub.

by Anonymousreply 20107/27/2014

Jordan Gavaris in chaps.

by Anonymousreply 20212/13/2014

First "Orphan Black" season 3 image -

by Anonymousreply 20312/17/2014

I love Orphan Black. Do we know when the new season starts?

by Anonymousreply 20412/20/2014

April

by Anonymousreply 20512/20/2014

And the new promos BBCA has begun to air look good.

I also like that they're going to run season 2 of Broadchurch in March.

Now if they could just have Sherlock on demand

by Anonymousreply 20612/31/2014

Season 3 start in a month and a half - April 18th.

by Anonymousreply 20703/02/2015

Some interesting new preview clips are up on the BBC America site:

I have grown to like the guy playing the male clones, but I hope there's still room for plenty of Paul...

by Anonymousreply 20803/14/2015

Somewhere I heard that we might be seeing Alison's (adoptive) mother in season 3...and that maybe Catherine O'Hara would be perfectly cast. Oh please, please yes.

Re-watching some favorite episodes lately, I am appreciating Evelyn Brochu as Delphine. Apparently this is one of the first big roles in English for this accomplished Québécois actress. But she goes for an accent not at all French Canadian...more Continental, sultry.

New episode two weeks from tonight, at last.

by Anonymousreply 20904/04/2015

Actually, r210, Tony is a transgender clone and I thought she did a great job.

by Anonymousreply 21104/06/2015

Tatiana Maslany article -

by Anonymousreply 21204/07/2015

To get ready for the Season 3 premiere this Saturday IFC is broadcasting a marathon of every episode.

The marathon starts Friday night and runs right up to the time of the new episode.

by Anonymousreply 21304/15/2015

was in Toronto this weekend and happened on this show--watched two episodes but had a busy schedule so couldn't watch more. Had heard of it but never seen it. Wow, amazing, really intriguing and keeps your interest (even if I didn't know what was going on.)

It's on BBC America so I will be watching.

Can anyone write a brief summary of what it's about and what has happened so far? I don't want to read one of those overly long posts!

Canadian TV has produced some good shows, Rookie Blue and there was one about catching terrorists that PC U.S. never would have had the nerve to air.

by Anonymousreply 21404/15/2015

bump an orphan

by Anonymousreply 21504/15/2015

Tatiana's a star. Dumbass Hollywood (aka Warner Brothers, Paramount, Sony and Disney) better get on board. But I think TM is savvy enough to wait out their offers of shitty, degrading movies that would ruin her incredible rep. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 21604/15/2015

Season two was a mess. Maslany as a transgender clone was just sad. They should concentrate on creating a good story and not just showing how versatile Maslany is. When in fact she's really not. I mean she's an ok actress but do I really want to see multiple mediocre characters with stupid storylines? The show was fun and dangerous on season one but at some point it turned into Maslany wank fest. It's like the makers think all viewers want is Maslany on screen, never mind what shit she's doing.

by Anonymousreply 21704/15/2015

Maslany's interview on CBC Radio "Q" earlier this week, at link.

I didn't care for the Tony clone much, either, but otherwise loved a lot about season 2, including how Paul, Siobahn and personal favorite Helena grew as characters.

The next ten weeks will, hopefully, be a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 21804/18/2015

Starting now

by Anonymousreply 21904/18/2015

Tatiana is the breakout star of 2015!

I had heard of this, never saw it till ironically I was in Toronto last week and caught two eps. I usually don't like this sort of thing, these shows often seem the same and contrived, but OB captured my attention. Tatiana and the gay guy are both amazing actors. And I like the look of the show.

Also just saw Woman in Gold and many in the audience after were discussing who played the young Helen Mirren character. Were we surprised to learn it is Tatiana! She is FANTASTIC in Woman in Gold; she deserves an AA nom. But so does Mirren; ignore the reviews--this is a great movie.

by Anonymousreply 22004/18/2015

In the summer of 2013 I binge watched Season 1 over a 3 day period. At the time I thought the show was fantastic and I told everyone about it.

Then last year I watched Season 2 weekly as each episode was broadcast. It wasn't the same experience and I ended up disappointed with the season as a whole.

Today I watched some of the marathon on IFC and now I think that it wasn't HOW I watched it, but just that Season 2 wasn't as strong as the first year.

But I think I'm going to hold of on watching weekly and try to do Season 3 all at once again this summer. Hopefully the show gets back whatever it was missing last year.

by Anonymousreply 22104/19/2015

R221, I agree, this show is best watched on a binge or over the course of a couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 22204/20/2015

[quote]Felix is cute, but his ass didn't really do it for me in those chaps.

Felix is hideous.

I expect him to unhinge his jaw and swallow someone whole.

by Anonymousreply 22304/20/2015

So two episodes into season three, and I am still all in.

It was great to see Cal back to rescue Kira. The Castor clone boys are interesting and so far not overdone, and look very nice naked. Helena receiving messages from a talking scorpion who wants to see mangoes...clever.

I wonder if Rachel will turn out to have some long term effects from the pencil injury; she might be less of a cold bitch? Meanwhile, the new Alison and Donnie story is a bit of a steal from "Weeds," but so much so that it will have to take a twist while honoring the original.

by Anonymousreply 22404/26/2015

Dylan Bruce is so hot. Please more Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 22504/26/2015

Loving the clone boys. Let's keep the naked ass streak going.

by Anonymousreply 22604/26/2015

Was surprised to see one Castor clone offed already

by Anonymousreply 22704/27/2015

Great show. Episode 3, Season 3 - still manages to surprise.

by Anonymousreply 22805/03/2015

Wow, i can't believe they killed Paul.

I actually teared up a little...because Dylan Bruce is hot and no longer on the show.

by Anonymousreply 22905/28/2015

There was less mystery about season 2, but it was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 23005/28/2015

I really like the show. Tatiana Maslany is extraordinary in her role as all the clones. I felt like at the beginning of Season 3 that the addition of the male clones is maybe a bit of a misfire, but I like where Season 3 is going so far. I was really sad that they killed off Paul last week. RIP Paul! But the show is very good. It's amazing how believable that Maslany makes all the different clones seem. I like the Donnie/Allison storyline because the show it so heavy, it needs comic relief. Allison has always provided that, but now Donnie is in on it. How could you not enjoy the nearly-naked dancing that Donnie and Allison engaged in in the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 23105/28/2015

I am hoping that someone had the foresight to clone Paul and we get to see him grow up. I want a hot gay Paul, a hot nerdy brilliant Paul, an average Joe Paul, a drag queen Paul,and a Paul Paul.

by Anonymousreply 23205/28/2015

The Allison/Donnie dancing stripper-style with the money everywhere was AWESOME - i was laughing. this last episode was pretty much one of the best. i even felt sorry for Rachel.

Tatiana does an amazing job fleshing out each character. the weakest is Beth - she's kind of flat. but i give that a pass because she has been so rarely referenced and i don't think the actress has had any amount of time to really give her "flavor."

by Anonymousreply 23305/28/2015

r232 - i am with you on that. He was at least a 1/3 of the reason why i started watching the show in the first place lol

by Anonymousreply 23405/28/2015

Goodbye to you, Dirty Paul.

by Anonymousreply 23505/28/2015

R235 aka "Big Dick Paul"

by Anonymousreply 23605/29/2015

The housewife clone thread is making annoys me more every week. Number 1, its a jarring attempt at comic relief that is very off-key relative to the entire rest of the storylines. Number 2, its ridiculous to think that with massive multinational conspiracies and clone wars and murders happening everywhere that the housewife clone and her minder husband (her minder husband for heaven's sake!) would be focused on town musicals and school board elections. Its kind of starting to ruin the show for me.

by Anonymousreply 23705/29/2015

They got back on track tonight. Both the tone and the balance were perfect. No male clones.

by Anonymousreply 23805/30/2015

Back on track -half the episode was the ridiculous school board electionI referenced in R237 - wtf???

by Anonymousreply 23905/31/2015

Season 3 is a total mess. Ep 6 was unwatchable and I had to stop it half-way through. Alison and Donnie just don't fit this season; it's way too forced and doesn't link up with the rest of the story.

I would have wanted more intrigue involving Cal, Paul, or Art; a better explanation of the male clones" "Mom"; and more background on the male clones, period. Lost opportunities galore.

by Anonymousreply 24005/31/2015

I did not find the male clone story lines compelling at all. I liked that this episode gave us some of Allison's back story, her relationship with her mother and how she was conceived. Did the mother really not know whose egg was being implanted in her?

Alison's speech on family values and definitions of "family" spoke to the central issues of the series. Felix is a brother to them all.

Even Rachel was humanized a bit in this episode.

Each of their story lines is tragic.

by Anonymousreply 24105/31/2015

The show is totally off the rails and has no idea what it wants to be. Not sure its salvageble with the current writing staff.

by Anonymousreply 24205/31/2015

WTF has happened to this show?

I thought that it was back on track last week, but this mess with Alison and Donnie? And Alison is my favorite, but it's quite clear that have no fucking clue what to do with this character. Or most of the other characters, for that matter.

I'm sure that we're back to the endless male clones, next week.

by Anonymousreply 24305/31/2015

Glad to see I'm not the only one finding the show a bit weak of late.

And the actor playing the male clone is just not as good as Tatiana Maslany. Even if all of the male clones are supposed to have similar personalities, there's still supposed to be that one thing that differentiates them all and this actor isn't getting that done.

It's still disgraceful that she hasn't gotten an Emmy nod at the very least while "Lady Mary" who's one note has been nominated.

by Anonymousreply 24405/31/2015

Arguably the best and most creative TV effort in years. The look is great--Toronto is a fantastic looking city for TV--futuristic/gritty--just a bit--it also can look old school! And Tatiana--she is a revelation--man, can this girl act! See her also in WOMAN IN GOLD--she is breathtaking. A very impressive series, blows circles around Mad Men and Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 24505/31/2015

R245 is living in a fantasy - and I say that as a fan of the show (at least until the most recent season). This isn't anywhere remotely close to Breaking Bad/MadMen/Sopranos/Wire - and to suggest so is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 24605/31/2015

1. The more I watch, the more I love Helena.

2. The male clones were trifling, but this episode was all transitional. They've lost the threat of real danger here -- Donnie should have lost a piece of his nose. Also, "Jage" does not make up for the dead hotness of Dirty Paul.

3. I appreciate the lesbian relationship drama more than I thought I would.

by Anonymousreply 24706/01/2015

Well, it took a few years for Tatiana but there's finally an Emmy nomination to go with the other nominations from the Golden Globe and SAG awards, not to mention the two Critic's Choice Awards that Tatiana Maslany won.

by Anonymousreply 24807/18/2015

It's typical that the gay character is your resident sidekick who doesn't get to have a love life while the lesbians make out all the time.

by Anonymousreply 24907/18/2015

Apparently they're planning to make Season 4 more Felix-centric. Or at least give him a bigger story line.

by Anonymousreply 25007/18/2015
Need more help? Click Here.