Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I would be pissed if I were a family member of someone who died / is missing in the Texas explosion.

60 people are missing still (obviously dead) and no one cares. This Boston bomber is getting all of the press, even though far fewer people have been hurt or killed.

by Anonymousreply 1504/20/2013

The President did give them a shout out in his remarks last night.

by Anonymousreply 104/20/2013

It would have helped, OP, if it wasn't obvious these folks died because the money-grubbing bosses were careless and will, of course, never take the blame or be brought to justice.

Plus Texas denying other states' federal money and now begging for it like a greedy whore doesn't help either.

by Anonymousreply 204/20/2013

Personally, I'd be happy to be allowed to grieve in peace.

by Anonymousreply 304/20/2013

[quote]I would be pissed if I were a family member of someone who died

Unfortunate timing is one of the worst things about death, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 404/20/2013

How does no press equate to doing nothing?

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2013

Don't forget that Texas senators voted No to providing federal aid to Hurricane Sandy victims. And yet these same senators are requesting federal aid for this privately-owned-company-caused disaster.

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

I'll sympathize as soon as Texas opens all privately owned workplaces up for EPA inspections, after TX leads the charge to restore funding to the EPA.

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

We expect lots of people to die in explosions in red states. They don't give a fuck about workplace safety or federal regulations or oil spills or health care or higher education. So theys blows 'emselves up real good sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

We don't judge the importance of events by how many people die. Do you think a fatal highway car crash that kills 3 is the same significance as the bombing?

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

Over on the other thread, yes. Apparently we're supposed to call out the marines over drive by shootings...

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013

The coverage will pick up now that the Boston crisis has passed with the perpetrators being caught. What is getting no coverage is the nightmare about 8 miles away from me in Mayflower, Arkansas. Exxon has hired off-duty cops for security. They have ticketed people on their own private property shooting footage of the oil spill scene cleanup next door. They have gotten away with imposing a no-fly zone over the area. There is essentially a media blackout, where Exxon is refusing to let any media in and is getting away with it. They will not allow media anywhere near this. National media needs to show up and start filing lawsuits. This situation has a major potential effect on the Keystone pipeline decision, not to mention local water sources.

by Anonymousreply 1104/20/2013

OP - Part of the issue seems to be that the victims of the West, Texas explosion still seem to be anonymous - so we aren't getting a feel for who they are. Another part of the issue seems to be disbelief that a town could be so foolish as to have a fertilizer plant in town and that townsfolk could be so foolish as to go out to watch a fertilizer plant burn.

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2013

It's Texas -- where they don't like zoning laws and are hostile to federal OSHA inspectors.

That's fine. Just don't expect sympathy when something very foreseeable happens.

by Anonymousreply 1304/20/2013

It is all about the timing. Sort of like when Farrah Fawcett died and then Michael Jackson died later in the day and stole all the press.

by Anonymousreply 1404/20/2013

[quote]Sort of like when Farrah Fawcett died and then Michael Jackson died later in the day and stole all the press.

Oh, yeah, that was just wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1504/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!