Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What are some compliments that are entirely lame and not worthy of merit

It's really starting to annoy me where people get complimented because of their "niceness". It's the lamest compliment ever. Why should someone who acts "nice" get complimented? ANYONE can be nice so it's really something not worthy of praise. I especially despise self-proclaimed nice guys.

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

I think it's weird when people say "I'm a nice person". The fact that they have to point it out is telling.

by Anonymousreply 104/20/2013

I really like nice people, and if someone strikes me as nicer than the rest, I will say so. It's a way of saying thank you for being pleasant to be around. Because many people are not pleasant, and many people don't even try.

I don't care if it's lame. If someone's great, I'll probably find some way to tell them i think so.

Perhaps we should be lame and nice more often, and shitty and above niceties less often.

by Anonymousreply 204/20/2013

Someone said something about me being 'so sweet ' last week, and I thought 'wow, they really don't know me at all'. I am an ass.

by Anonymousreply 304/20/2013

OP, you are just mad that no one is nice to you because you are a cunt. Face it.

by Anonymousreply 404/20/2013

You sound like an asshole OP.

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2013

I think niceness is a great compliment. Most people aren't very nice.

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

R3, you're wrong. You might be an ass enough of the time, but clearly you have your good sides too. Enjoy it! Nurture it.

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.