Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Airlines

Which is the best and which is the worst airline company for traveling from the U.S.?

by Anonymousreply 1304/20/2013

This is a trick question, right?

by Anonymousreply 104/20/2013

Airlines are all about personal experience.

I've heard horror stories about every airline and heard nearly every airline praised.

by Anonymousreply 204/20/2013

When I can, I always fly Turkish Airlines. Absolutely, the best flying experience going today.

by Anonymousreply 304/20/2013

Your choices depend on where you're going.

The Gulf airlines (Emirates, Etihad, etc.) and Singapore are commonly considered some of the best, but obviously you can't take them if you're flying to Argentina.

If you're flying to South America, your choices are pretty dire, actually: either a crap South American airline, or an even crapper US carrier.

To Europe, you have better options, i.e., ANY European carrier will be better than a US carrier. I fly over the Atlantic a couple of times a year, and I always dread the thought that my flight will be operated by the "US Partner Airline" of whatever European carrier I've booked. British, KLM, Virgin -- all okay.

by Anonymousreply 404/20/2013

I have to fly to Boston (of all cities!) from Europe (could be from Prague or Vienna) in November. I want to go with a Star Alliance carrier. Any tips?

Star Alliance includes Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, Austrian Airlines, United. I think US Airways is also currently in Star Alliance but will be leaving after its merger.

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2013

For an average shitty flight around the USA nothing beats Southwest...the worst I was on Jamaican Airlines...the best flight was American First class from LA to NY

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

I'm pretty sure that no matter what Star Alliance carrier you book with, you'll end up flying Lufthansa to Boston, r5. I know Austrian doesn't fly to Boston, and I don't think Turkish does either.

Just book carefully to be sure it's not United or US Airways operating the transatlantic leg. They are so awful.

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

I say Delta. I am not biased in the least.

Cha ching!

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

Based in London, only fly US carriers back and forth to NYC, Fly Delta, and generally good, even in Economy.

Longer International flights - Etihad, Emirates, Turkish Airlines, Singapore, all great ...

Intraeurope - BA, Air France, Lufthansa all good..

Crap airlines - Iberia, American, RyanAir,

If you fly to Latin America, LanChile/LAN good carrier..

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

Virgin America is a great airline. Best I've been on and I fly a lot. I have not been on Turkish though.

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013

Pan American Grace and Trans Caribbean are my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 1104/20/2013

"FROM the U.S."? To where? (Or do you mean "within the U.S."?)

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2013

US Airways,: Dreadful, awful airline. The worst. Everything that America west airlines touches goes into the toilet. I hope American Airlines doesn't get sucked I to the shit pipe now.

by Anonymousreply 1304/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!