Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who are the greats of our time?

I like searching up famous rich people who are around my age and every time I see them, I compare and think: "man, why am I not like that?"

Matthew Inman creator of the Oatmeal learned computer programming at high school and he was employed during the time he was at high school. By age of 29, he's the owner of a web site that sees in half a million in revenue.

Sean Parker was also a genius in computer programming and he founded napster. He hacked into a fortune 400 company when he wasn't even 18. Now, he's a billionaire.

Who, in your opinion, are the greats of our time and what are your thoughts on them?

by Anonymousreply 1804/20/2013

[quote]Matthew Inman creator of the Oatmeal learned computer programming at high school and he was employed during the time he was at high school. By age of 29, he's the owner of a web site that sees in half a million in revenue.

Yawn. Get back to me when they're worth $50 billion and have the most influential nonprofit org in the world.

by Anonymousreply 104/19/2013

Yes, I think it is safe to say that anyone who uses the phrase "searching up" while referring to Sean Parker and other shallow geeks as "greats" because they made tech fortunes will amount to little.

Are you sure you are on the right site? Isn't there some game you could be playing, with a suitably dwarfish avatar?

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2013

Bill Clinton

by Anonymousreply 404/20/2013

Mary Kate and Ashley... Heath knows why.

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2013

"Mary Kate and Ashley..."

OP didn't say grates.

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

Benedict Cumberbatch

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

Living today?

Elon Musk

Toni Morrison

Nelson Mandela

Stephen Sondheim

Philip Roth

Don DeLillo

Bill Gates (ultimately more his charitable work)

Meryl Streep

Martin Scorsese

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

Sondheim, Roth, Scorsese, Streep, Pacino...

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

Freddie Mercury

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013

I am not sure about Al Pacino anymore. Sad to say. It seems easier for women to age in cinema? He, Michael Douglas, Harrison Ford are all geriatric and not interesting. Clint Eastwood lost it with the chair episode. Streep, Mirren and Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet ... luxurious. Even Tracey Ullman. Great actress and comedienne.

by Anonymousreply 1104/20/2013

Janet Jackson is a legend and an icon. Pop stars, male and female, still reference her as an inspiration, mimick her style and dance moves and remake her songs. As for her record deals, she LEFT Virgin once the landmark $80 million record deal she signed in the '90s was complete. Also, she ASKED to be let out of her Def Jam contract, but not before giving them a #1 album. So, you see, no one fired her, nitwit. And you're right--she's always had a round bubble butt, and she was known for having one when Kim Kardashian was still just a kid running around in her mommy and daddy's backyard with a pacifier, and J-Lo was just a young, unknown Puerto Rican chica in the Bronx.

Any questions?

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2013

Kevin Puts - his work is amazing. The Pulitzer committee agrees.

87% of those reading this have no idea who he is nor what he does.

by Anonymousreply 1304/20/2013

Chris Hughes

Facebook-Co) who was also played a big part in getting Obama into the White House.

by Anonymousreply 1404/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 1504/20/2013

Paris Hilton. Her name is known around the globe without doing anything. Janet Jackson had to perform to get known, so she's an also-ran way down the list. Paris doesn't have to do any work to be known. She's one of the greats of our time and puts Janet to shame.

by Anonymousreply 1604/20/2013

"the greats"? OP, those two you listed are not "the greats."

by Anonymousreply 1704/20/2013

Matt Inman is a right-wing Republican. He's apparently an extremely unpleasant person in real life.

by Anonymousreply 1804/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!