Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm dating a "guy's guy".

He's a contractor. Builds homes. Loves cars, sports, BBQing. We've been together six months now. I'm not femme at all, but he actually intimidates me a bit. I sometimes wonder if he thinks I'm his wife. And I sort of am. And I sort of like it. Yikes. Never thought I'd say that.

It's so sexy to see him in his backyard working on his car. He just takes care of everything. I've never dated a guy like this before. It's like a science experiment sometimes. He just doesn't think like most gay men.

by Anonymousreply 7804/21/2013

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2013

Does he buy you pretty things, OP?

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2013

Haha. I'm actually not femme at all. Perhaps I write femme. I've just never dated such a "guy" before, never really wanted to. But now that I have one, it's pretty cool. Not only is he a wonderful man, he's quite handy to have around.

I do more of the buying of pretty things, R3. I make a lot more money.

by Anonymousreply 404/19/2013

He sounds great. If he exists, that is.

by Anonymousreply 504/19/2013

Chaz?

by Anonymousreply 604/19/2013

Happy for you, OP.

How did you meet?

by Anonymousreply 704/19/2013

R7, we actually met at a coffee shop. He was chatting with an old friend of mine who happened to be there. I went over to say hello to my old friend, we were introduced, and it was an instant connection. Been inseparable ever since.

Yes, he's real.

by Anonymousreply 804/19/2013

How old is he? I'm just curious.

by Anonymousreply 904/19/2013

He's 44.

by Anonymousreply 1004/19/2013

This thread is useless without pics OP.

by Anonymousreply 1104/19/2013

he sounds like a ten to me, I hate the high-maintainance girly guys who flounce around these days. I'll take him if you have any doubts, OP

by Anonymousreply 1204/19/2013

No way, R12. I'm not fucking this up.

by Anonymousreply 1304/19/2013

The OP was probably wearing a Cindy Brady curly pigtailed wig all askew when she met her beloved top.

Sounds like a match made in heaven...

by Anonymousreply 1404/19/2013

OMG, not another slew of pointless derivative threads.

Let the bitchery continue.

by Anonymousreply 1504/19/2013

OP, you convinced no one that you are "not femme at all." A guy who is not femme at all would not be in wonder of what you described because they would be accustomed to being around guys who doing average guy things. The things you describe are not abnormal for males, including many, many bisexual and gay men. Do you not hang around masculine men, and if not, why not a guy who is "not femme at all" find this remarkable? Of course, there is nothing wrong with being a femme guy, but your disavowal of being femme is very suspect in light of how you presented this story.

by Anonymousreply 1604/20/2013

Isn't every gay man a "guy's guy" ?

by Anonymousreply 1704/20/2013

so dish on the sex, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1804/20/2013

R16, I have no interest whatsoever in trying to convince you that I'm masculine. Feel free to assume I'm not. And I love femme guys. Some of my favorite people are femme. I just felt I needed that disclaimer, though maybe that was a mistake. Part of what's so intriguing about this relationship is that I wasn't looking for some He-Man.

I'm 33 and have been around gay men since I was 19. The vast majority don't have similar interests or affects that my bf has. I don't know why. I'm not judging it one way or the other. I've had LTR with men who weren't like my bf at all and they were great in their own ways.

I just find myself really enjoying what my bf brings to our relationship, and felt like expressing it on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 1904/20/2013

[quote]And I love femme guys. Some of my favorite people are femme.

I love black people. Some of my best friends are black.

by Anonymousreply 2004/20/2013

"I'm not femme at all."

I believe you, since apparently you are a guy's guy's guy.

by Anonymousreply 2104/20/2013

Okay DL. I've been here since 2004. Have at me. I should have known this would happen. Yes, I hate femme guys. *rolls eyes*

by Anonymousreply 2204/20/2013

It's charming that you each started separate posts about each other.

by Anonymousreply 2304/20/2013

R23. Newbie. Being parodied is a DL tradition.

by Anonymousreply 2404/20/2013

What does his ass smell like OP? After he finishes the yard.

by Anonymousreply 2504/20/2013

he sounds dreamy, OP. I'm pea green with envy.

by Anonymousreply 2604/20/2013

Does he buy you fancy caftans and expensive jewelry?

by Anonymousreply 2704/20/2013

Sounds like a good match. I love flouncy femme guys. My partner is a drama queen. It cracks me up. And is a real turn on in bed.

by Anonymousreply 2804/20/2013

you can slap them around really nicely in the sack

by Anonymousreply 2904/20/2013

Does he smell? Does he have really bad personal hygiene habits?

by Anonymousreply 3004/20/2013

And now you`re all over g0ys,huh?

by Anonymousreply 3104/20/2013

Chaz Dean ?

by Anonymousreply 3204/20/2013

OP. trust me, they get lazy. I've had to rehire the gardener, maintenance man, car service etc.

by Anonymousreply 3304/20/2013

Let me guess, all of his underwear have skidmarks too?

by Anonymousreply 3404/20/2013

He is bi and he is getting pussy on the side.

by Anonymousreply 3504/20/2013

What's his dick like, OP? You still haven't told us.....

by Anonymousreply 3604/20/2013

I don't want a mechanic. I need someone who can discuss Palladio, then fuck me like the pig I am.

by Anonymousreply 3704/20/2013

Let's discuss, R37.

by Anonymousreply 3804/20/2013

Masculine, my ass. OP says they met in a coffee shop and he was "chatting with a friend". No masculine guy says "chatting". MARY

by Anonymousreply 3904/20/2013

Playing along is another DL tradition, R24.

by Anonymousreply 4004/20/2013

Good for you OP. I'm happy you've found the love of your life. Your post is inspiring and gives hope to others that aren't there yet.

Hugs.

by Anonymousreply 4104/20/2013

I agree with R41.

by Anonymousreply 4204/20/2013

Of course he's a guy's guy. We all have been at some point.

by Anonymousreply 4304/20/2013

A number of years ago I found myself in the same boat. I am usually the top and a bit more dominate in the relationships. Met a guy my age and we connected immediately. He was, in many cases the least gay man I have ever been with (aside from the assfucking and cocksucking thing). within a few months, I became the less dominate and more of a homemaker type and I liked it. I took care of the laundry, cooking, and cleaning (in addition to my job) and he did his mechanic job (worked on those massive trucks in you see in quarries), the cars, and anything needing repair around the house (my house).

He was completely disconnect from the gay community and language. You could say MARY to him and he would look around for her. In bed, dear god I've never met someone so...... agile and highly aggressive. When he said cum, your cock obeyed. I'm not talking slapping or role playing. When he said get on your fucking knees now, you dropped immediately.

The only man who would kiss me while fucking me and looking directly at me and aggressively hold onto my hair, and with a low growl, pounding away, tell me to "shut the fuck up and fucking take it". Hands free orgasms were the norm. Alas, he moved away and now I'm again the more "dominate" in my current relationhsip, but he did teach me a few tricks I'm using on my current boyfriend.

Odd how we sometimes adjust roles in relationships. Never had a hand free before or since.

by Anonymousreply 4404/20/2013

R44, you two broke up because he moved? I'm curious, not being snarky, but why weren't you able to move as well, or was the relationship just one that neither of you were committed to for the long term?

The ex-bf sounds dreamy man. Nice descriptions of sex. Dayum. I love seeing or having a hands free cum shot.

by Anonymousreply 4504/20/2013

[quote]and a bit more dominate in the relationships

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 4604/20/2013

OP, I'm happy for you. No snarkiness here. My partner is a carpenter and I was not accustomed to the masculinity either and it's pretty sexy, isn't it?

To be fair, though, my guy is masculine on the surface (how he looks, dresses, his work, his hands, his capability to fix anything so unlike me), but he's very sweet and soft, so I guess he's really a mixture.

And it's funny how different people slide us into different roles. I've never really cooked for guys before. I fuss over my bf and make him dinner every night. I feel like such a housewife and I like it (even though I'm also the breadwinner).

by Anonymousreply 4704/20/2013

Gee, all gay guys aren't the same! I never knew that.

by Anonymousreply 4804/20/2013

LOL R46.

If they can't spell it, they can't be it!

by Anonymousreply 4904/20/2013

R48, I don't mean to be rude. I know we come in all sorts of personalities and packages. It's just not my dominant experience to be involved with a masculine guy. I'm usually the more aggressive, and I'm not all that masc.

by Anonymousreply 5004/20/2013

then stop pretending you've made the discovery of the century.

by Anonymousreply 5104/20/2013

Personally, I'd love to be in a relationship with a guy who can fix cars. Especially if he does it with his shirt off.

by Anonymousreply 5204/20/2013

I dress like a girl for him. It makes him feel straight.

by Anonymousreply 5304/20/2013

I see the g0y/bro troll is now trying a new tactic.

by Anonymousreply 5404/20/2013

R44, it's "dominant" dammit, not dominate (which is a verb).

This mistake is becoming very common lately and I don't understand why. Just look at the word and pronounce it, for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 5504/20/2013

OP has money. The partner is ruff trade.

by Anonymousreply 5604/20/2013

[quote]him in his backyard working on his car.

deal breaker

by Anonymousreply 5704/20/2013

R55, the people who get it wrong ARE pronouncing it. The problem is they pronounce dominant like this "dom uh nit", so they are spelling it phonetically. Spell-check won't catch it since it's the correct spelling for a similar word. Bugs me too. Not much we can do about it except to put more funding into education.

R51, okay. I suppose you're right. Except it was a pleasant discovery in MY life. All we really know is what we're exposed to.

by Anonymousreply 5804/20/2013

OP forgot to begin his story with. "Dear Penthouse..."

by Anonymousreply 5904/20/2013

"A number of years ago..."

by Anonymousreply 6004/20/2013

lol

by Anonymousreply 6104/20/2013

It's actually a big role reversal. Throughout this thread, femme is associated with money.

by Anonymousreply 6204/20/2013

Good point. That is the case with me. My masculine guy is broke, but sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 6304/20/2013

Is he an Especially Sexy Top, OP?

by Anonymousreply 6404/20/2013

R45, my career and life was not in Texas. Though he did not say it, I knew he could not "be in love" with a man. Sex yes, but a real committed loving relationship, doubt it. As much as I hated to see the awesome sex leave, it ran its course.

R46, R55 You're right. Sorry, but I was sucking an 8 inch cock and was too distracted. I'll try and do better next time (assuming I'm not being plowed by said same cock)

R60 That's funny. 2007, but close

by Anonymousreply 6504/20/2013

Good for you

by Anonymousreply 6604/20/2013

I hate to say this but it is saturday night after all.

This is going to sound crude, but...

Sex for us is getting my hole slammed in by him, calls me names, chokes me, pulls my hair, spits in my mouth then cums in my ass or on my face. Gets up with his cock still dripping, puts on his jeans, his shirt and then leaves. Then I don't hear from again until 3 am the next night or later with a simple text that reads 'douche your hole, I'm coming'.

by Anonymousreply 6704/20/2013

OP, you must live a sheltered life wherein you only hang around a certain type of gay guy. There are plenty of masculine mainstream gay/bi guys. Perhaps, they aren't exactly hanging in big city gay ghettos, but they are out there in large numbers but integrated into mainstream America living pretty unnoticeable lives. Your narrow experience with gay men should not be used to make sweeping pronouncements about the masculinity of most gay or bi men. Expand your horizons.

by Anonymousreply 6804/21/2013

Who works on a car in the backyard?

by Anonymousreply 6904/21/2013

It almost sounds like a guy I would be interested in, I want a man who is masculine, but also incredibly intelligent. I want a masculine protective boyfriend, but I'm a top. So he'd have to be submissive in the bedroom. Strange?

by Anonymousreply 7004/21/2013

He sounds just like Bret Easton Ellis, OP!

by Anonymousreply 7104/21/2013

Does he fuck you a lot and slap you around when you get out of order, or when there are no more beers in the fridge ... send him over here.

by Anonymousreply 7204/21/2013

This will sound sad but hes like Dean Winchester from Supernatural, not Jensen Ackles but the character he plays. All I'll say is have fun, enjoy the amazing sex and don't over analyse.

by Anonymousreply 7304/21/2013

^Dean Winchester is a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 7404/21/2013

calls me names, chokes me, pulls my hair, spits in my mouth

Uh? that is a positive? That is some scary stuff and pretty sick. Where is the love and romance? whatever,

Do gay tops protect their bottom boyfriends? If some guy attacks your boyfriend, would you sock the guy in the face or get into a fight defending your submissive bottom boyfriends? You know,like straight guys do if some creep says or does something that is harmful against his wife or girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 7504/21/2013

R75, I'm with you. To each his own, of course. I'm the other person with the masculine boyfriend, but mine is loving and much more vanilla. I always used to find guys who'd degrade me. I tired of that. I love my intense, sweet vanilla.

by Anonymousreply 7604/21/2013

I spent many years dating guys who were more like me.. Sort of quiet, love reading and watching tv, acted more "straight"--whatever that means--and ultimately they all went south. I always had to be the extrovert. For the last three years,I've been with a guy who is fun and uninhibited, is always energetic and wanting to get out and do something, and I guess he would be the more "femme" of the two of us.

I have discovered that I like being the more introverted one in a relationship. We went to a party last night and I let him work the room while I sat back. I've also lost 40 lbs since we've been dating, AND I realize now how much I enjoy being a top when someone wants it so bad. I could fuck him five times a day if I wanted to. Last night I was ready to leave the party but he was still holding court with a gaggle of women (they all love him). I walked up behind him and whispered "I' need to fuck you right now."

Within 10 minutes we were home and on the patio with him riding my cock.

by Anonymousreply 7704/21/2013

I'm dating a 'g0y's g0y'.

by Anonymousreply 7804/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.