Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hemlock Grove on Netflix

Ever wonder what a $50 million hot, steaming pile of shit looks like?

by Anonymousreply 6306/09/2014

Come take a peek before I flush.

by Anonymousreply 104/19/2013

Famke Janssen is a mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2013

Seriously, that bad?

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2013

It's a mess but I burned through it and ended up loving it.

by Anonymousreply 404/19/2013

R3, it's really dark and creepy, if that's your thing. More American Horror Story than True Blood.

by Anonymousreply 504/19/2013

With some Twin Peaks mixed in.

by Anonymousreply 604/19/2013

I'm watching it as I type!

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

Have to say so far it seems like it's Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

omg you are reading my mind r8.

I instantly felt like these production values feel Canadian. And I can tell these things because I watched so much Nickelodeon/Disney Channel shit in the '90s.

Lo and behold...

After McGreevy pushed for the series to be filmed in the Pittsburgh area, production was expected to start in early June 2012 and last until November.[9][10] In mid May, Gaumont International Television pulled out of Pennsylvania in favor of production at the Cinespace Film Studios in Toronto.[11] The move came about after Gaumont management had a misunderstanding on how the Pennsylvania Film Tax Credit program works.[12] Filming began on July 13, 2012 in Port Perry, Ontario; a small town an hour north of Toronto that has been transformed to look like the American town of Hemlock Grove.[13]

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

Plus a mix of Canadian actors, R9. It's cheesy, but I'm hooked. And I'm a big loser with nothing better to do than watch a bunch of episodes on a Saturday night. I do have to say I love those Skarsgard boys - Bill is just as sexy as Alexander.

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013

The two main guys are awesome.

by Anonymousreply 1104/20/2013

I'm on episode 6 and I really like it.

by Anonymousreply 1204/21/2013

How do you like Famke's really lame accent, R9? I also like how she's channeling Victoria Chase. She does have fabulous hair, though - I'll give her that.

by Anonymousreply 1304/21/2013

Famke Janssen is not much of an actress. The best thing I ever saw her in was Nip Tuck... For 50 mill, couldn't the producers have thrown in a dialect coach for Famke? That accent is bad and distracting.

Otherwise, it's kinda fun...

by Anonymousreply 1404/21/2013

I thought there was some movie where Famke played a lesbian that she was pretty good in. But yeah, she's pretty bad in this. Like Madonna bad. Actually, Madonna in a black wig might have been better with her faux British.

by Anonymousreply 1504/21/2013

I like Famke in this. She brings a kind of over-the-top soap opera feel to it. Like Dark Shadows meets Days of Our Lives.

by Anonymousreply 1604/21/2013

This show is awesome. The Shelley girl is so freaky and I feel so bad for her. Great makeup job, too.

by Anonymousreply 1704/21/2013

Did Roman fuck that Asian chick in the ass?

by Anonymousreply 1804/21/2013

I believe so, because she was pretty willing to go until he flipped her over and started fucking her. I'd almosy say he raped her, but she was going along with his "tell me I'm ugly" thing, rather than continuing to tell him to Stop.

by Anonymousreply 1904/21/2013

Bill Skarsgard could tie me to a headboard and fuck me up the ass any day.

by Anonymousreply 2004/21/2013

He has the eyes of a sociopath, but it's very hot.

by Anonymousreply 2104/21/2013

A threesome with Landon Liboiron and Bill Skarsgard would be ideal.

by Anonymousreply 2204/21/2013

I didn't want it to end. It lost me a bit when one character had a fake looking white wig and the killer was obvious. AND....SPOILER.... did almost every female die? Was Roman an angel AND a vampire?

by Anonymousreply 2304/22/2013

Did anyone else have the caption "Tear the little beast's throat out!" a really long time?

by Anonymousreply 2404/22/2013

SPOILER: I don't get how Christina met Peter, determined he was a werewolf, researched how to become a werewolf, and BECAME a werewolf all in one evening, because the first murder was the first night she mat Peter, his first night in town.

by Anonymousreply 2504/22/2013

Why are the cops so stupid? They're out to get Peter based on a rumor that he's a werewolf?

Yes, this show has problems but it's still somewhat entertaining....

by Anonymousreply 2604/23/2013

The cops ARE stupid and that whole mess with the sheriff and the cops going after Peter was my least favorite part of the season. I also don't get why the Priest told Dualla's brother that Roman killed her. Annoying.

I really liked the show. Confused but I don't demand every answer. And it seems likely we'll get a season 2 since this show is even more popular than House of Cards.

by Anonymousreply 2704/23/2013

Famke looks pretty good for 49. The accent is atrocious though.

Dougray Scott, Scottish man doing a decent American accent, must have wanted to punch her after every scene she was so bad.

Christina's hair turns completely white and nobody says a damn word about it? Maybe I missed it.

However, that's the least of the problems with this.

Landon Liboiron is so not my type yet I found myself liking his look more and more as the series went on.

[quote]I also don't get why the Priest told Dualla's brother that Roman killed her.

I think they were setting up a second season.

by Anonymousreply 2804/24/2013

[quote]Christina's hair turns completely white and nobody says a damn word about it? Maybe I missed it.

I don't think they did, but it's not like it's a necessary detail. She'd bought bleach earlier when she added that streak to her hair for her date, and now she bleached the rest of her air. I'm guessing people's initial reaction wouldn't be to think she was a werewolf.

Her brown hair also looked like a wig so i wasn't too bothered by the white hair.

by Anonymousreply 2904/24/2013

Her brown hair was real.

I don't know why everyone says Famke has a bad foreign accent since she COMES from a foreign country. I thought she was great she reminded me of amurdering baby killing also vampire Alexis ....

Who the hell is Duella? Is that the last name of Clementine ? Speaking of her was that her clone at the end?

by Anonymousreply 3004/24/2013

I did not think she bought bleach but the fright of what she saw or did caused it to turn white.

by Anonymousreply 3104/24/2013

Why'd they put Famke in such a stupid wardrobe?

Bill Skarsgard should be a vampire on True Blood with his brother, Alexander.

by Anonymousreply 3204/27/2013

This show is much better than True Blood, though admittedly, True Blood has had years to get as awful as it is.

by Anonymousreply 3304/27/2013

Seriously, R33 - no, it's not. It's kind of campy fun, but the production values and acting blow.

by Anonymousreply 3404/28/2013

I haven't watched the first season of True Blood but other seasons I have tried I find myself fast fowarding for male nudity. We'll see how the new showrunner does this season...

Despite some flaws Hemlock Grove kept me completely involved. Hell I liked it better then the over praised House Of Cards who didn't understand you had to have charcters you cared about and you need cliffhangers.....

by Anonymousreply 3504/28/2013

R34, Hemlock Grove is so much better looking than True Blood. There are some really beautiful images on HG, and they really managed to create some really creepy visuals. True Blood has no visual creativity, and simply turn up the contrast and call it a day.

Plus, Hemlock Grove has one of the best werewolf transformations ever.

by Anonymousreply 3604/28/2013

Yes I agree although I would call it the BEST transformation ever. Seems they spent most the money on that scene because there was nothing showing the werewolf going back to human form.

by Anonymousreply 3704/28/2013

R37, they have to save some things for the second season.

by Anonymousreply 3805/04/2013

[quote] [R3], it's really dark and creepy, if that's your thing. More American Horror Story than True Blood.

Wow, that's not saying much if that's the caliber of show we're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 3905/04/2013

DOA, even with Famke.

by Anonymousreply 4005/04/2013

That was the worst series I've ever watched.

by Anonymousreply 4105/04/2013

Nobody noticed how bad Dougray Scott looked? He needs to gain 15 lbs, he's way to thin.

Bill Skaarsgard looks like a better looking Steve Buscemi.

Did they use every white/bone/cream fabric available for Famke's wardrobe?

Why did every female die? (except for Lily Taylor)

by Anonymousreply 4205/04/2013

R30 - so what if she comes from a foreign country? How is that relevant to how bad or good her fake British accent is?

This series super sucked.

by Anonymousreply 4305/05/2013

Is there any male nudity in this show? I might make myself watch if one of the leads shows some ass.

by Anonymousreply 4405/05/2013

Episode 9, R44, you get a nice above-shot of Landon Liboiron fucking. Hardly worth putting in the effort to watch this crap-fest, though.

by Anonymousreply 4505/05/2013

What kind of creature were Roman and Olivia? And what was it Olivia used to put in her eye?

by Anonymousreply 4605/05/2013

R46, vampires.

by Anonymousreply 4705/05/2013

[quote]And what was it Olivia used to put in her eye?

Visine R46. It gets the red out.

by Anonymousreply 4805/05/2013

Hemlock Grove looks like something that should have aired on SyFy.

by Anonymousreply 4905/14/2013

Saw the whole series. It was ok to acceptable (low expectations) until the last episode. That was such a bad ending, I couldn't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 5005/14/2013

R49, please. Hemlock Grove has great production values and special effects. I think it cost like $50million and you can tell.

SyFy shows look like something I filmed on my phone.

by Anonymousreply 5105/14/2013

Any bi/gay characters in this of either gender?

by Anonymousreply 5205/14/2013

Landon Liboiron shows his feets!

by Anonymousreply 5305/14/2013

The fbi or whatever agent is lesbian and has sex with Landon's cousin...

by Anonymousreply 5406/07/2013

[bold] Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' for Season 2 [/bold]

Netflix has renewed its supernatural drama, "Hemlock Grove," for a 10-episode second season slated to go into production later this year and return in 2014.

Additionally, the streaming video site has hired a new executive producer and showrunner, Charles Eglee ("The Walking Dead," "Dexter," "The Shield").

"The worldwide fan response to 'Hemlock Grove' was phenomenal" said executive producer Eli Roth.

"Netflix members loved the potent combination of sexy monsters, mystery, and the dark family soap opera that ended with a huge twist, leaving audiences worldwide totally shocked. Season 1 was just a warm up for what we have in store for Season 2. Get ready to be scared in ways you never expected."

"Hemlock Grove" was Netflix's third original series. Based on the novel of the same name by Brian McGreevy, who developed the series with Lee Shipman, it followed the mysteries surrounding violent deaths in a small Pennsylvania town.

The series stars Famke Janssen ("X-Men"), Bill Skarsgård ("Simon & The Oaks"), Landon Liboiron ("Terra Nova"), Freya Tingley ("X"), and Dougray Scott ("Mission Impossible II").

"In its first season, Eli, Brian, Lee and the team did an incredible job of introducing viewers to a unique world of memorable characters," said Netflix's vice president of original content, Cindy Holland.

"Chic's addition to the show, and his experience on such fan favorites as 'The Shield,' 'The Walking Dead' and 'Dexter," will heighten the intensity of the mystery that grips Hemlock Grove."

"We are thrilled to be working with Netflix on the second season of 'Hemlock Grove,' a show that the audience has enthusiastically embraced," said producer Gaumont International Television's CEO, Katie O'Connell.

by Anonymousreply 5506/19/2013

Good

by Anonymousreply 5606/19/2013

OP, I'm glad you said that. I couldn't get past episode 2, and somebody here on DL was praisingit.

by Anonymousreply 5706/19/2013

Yay!

by Anonymousreply 5806/19/2013

I finally watched this show last night and ended up hooked and watched several episodes back to back. It reminds me a lot of Dark Shadows and, yes, Twin Peaks. My biggest question is what the heck is going on in that big tower and is Shelley some kind of mutant created in it?

by Anonymousreply 5912/03/2013

Season 2 looks really good!

by Anonymousreply 6006/09/2014

Those if you who say it sucked still watched the whole series. That makes it a hit.

If it sucks, you're supposed to stop watching it.

by Anonymousreply 6106/09/2014

[quote]If it sucks, you're supposed to stop watching it.

"Troll 2" and "The Room" are popular films solely because they are bad.

by Anonymousreply 6206/09/2014

New season features the actress from ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK who was blonde, had corn rows and a weird (fake) tattoo running up the middle of her neck. Outside of that character, she's a pretty girl. New HEMLOCK season begins next month.

by Anonymousreply 6306/09/2014
Need more help? Click Here.