Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Does anyone in Brooklyn NY have Verizon DSL...

If so does it work well? For instance, can you watch You Tube videos or videos that are on websites like HuffPo with it? How is it for downloading programs? Is it too slow for stuff like this?

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013

People still use DSL? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 104/19/2013

I have a fire place.

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2013

OP, no one uses DSL anymore, not even Verizon -- get FiOS if you go with them.

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2013

I do, OP. I love it. I watch Hulu and Aereo and YouTube with no buffering or lag problems at all.

by Anonymousreply 404/19/2013

OP, I'm selling my 33.3 mbs modem if you are interested.

by Anonymousreply 504/19/2013

Thank you R4. And couldn't the rest figure out that just maybe it is all I can afford. I wanted to know if I was going to throw away what little money I have with DSL or if I just just accept I will no longer have Internet access.

thanks again so much R4.

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

I have DSL because my neighborhood doesn't have FiOS. During hurricane Sandy and the following week without power, I had phone service cause the old copper wire network didn't go down. My friends with FiOS and Cable triple plays didn't have working phones.

I watch netflix and Hulu on apple tv and roku. There isn't any problem with lag. YouTube lags on my iPad but not on my computer. I don't know if that is caused by the processor or the DSL speed.

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

[quote]I watch netflix and Hulu on apple tv and roku. There isn't any problem with lag.

Sure, if you don't mind watching stuff in low-res (non-HD) mode.

[quote]YouTube lags on my iPad but not on my computer. I don't know if that is caused by the processor or the DSL speed.

Sounds more like you have a wi-fi bottleneck.

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

Thank you very much R7. I appreciate the information and I'm relieved. For me it's DSL or not having Internet at all and even paying for the DSL will be a hardship but I'd rather buy less food and have an Internet connection. Since I don't have cable TV and the converter box doesn't work in my apartment the Internet will also be my only way of having any entertainment at all. I hope it works as well for me. It's also great to know that this "Old fashioned" kind of electronics is safer bad weather situations.

My goodness R8, do you think someone in my situation cares about HD? I just want to be able to get only and watch the occasional TV show or see a video. I'm not looking for luxury.

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

Robin, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.