Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Assholes or Accurate... news anchors mock Ryan Lochte

OK, he didn't seem like the brightest bulb but he's no McCain Lady or Sarah Palin either.

by Anonymousreply 3804/23/2013

He was funny, cute. Why not laugh?

by Anonymousreply 104/19/2013

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think they owe him an apology.

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2013

They do, R2.

I think the schtick of this guy is to laugh at him.

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2013

It was mean and rude. I agree with the commenter over at Gawker who said it was like kicking a golder retriever.

by Anonymousreply 404/20/2013

R2= Ryan Lochte

Ryan, would you please go to the other Ryan Lochte thread and answer questions about your cock.

Thank you

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2013

R5 R2 was not Ryan. Everyone knows Ryan is too dumb to even know they were making fun of him.

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

It's not THAT big of a deal. Being laughed at my idiot news anchors isn't exactly the pinnacle of victimization. But, yes, they were rude.

They were both sort of insufferable. Not great interviewers, not funny. The old queen was, well, very clearly old and queeny and bitchy in an old queen sort of way.

Sure, it would be nice to apologize. But, it's not a huge deal if they don't.

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

He's nice to look at. Unfortunately, that all goes downhill when he opens his mouth to talk.

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

If it was a woman, you all would be like What a dumb bitch, so stupid... But the fact its a dude, pearl clutch away!

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

That boy is just plain stupid.

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013

"laughed at by" not "my"

by Anonymousreply 1104/20/2013

Honey Boo Boo is more articulate than Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2013

Helen Keller was more articulate than Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 1304/20/2013

Just as we later found out Jessica Simpson's infamous idiocy ("It's called a 'platymapus'") on "The Newlyweds" was mostly an act to create buzz, I would not be at all surprised to find on Lochte is putting on a bit of an act.

by Anonymousreply 1404/20/2013

I am in Philly, and these two anchors do this to many guests....remember when they did it to the kardashian sisters after they were interviewed? That clip went viral.

by Anonymousreply 1504/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 1604/20/2013

It's unprofessional. While I would agree that it was a laughable event, they should have waited until they were off air...

by Anonymousreply 1704/20/2013

Well, you can't swim with your mouth open. Nobody's putting in the pool to share his big ideas. It was rude of them to laugh. And inappropriate considering they're just local anchors. With a suit and a reliable teleprompter, Ryan Lochte could do that job.

by Anonymousreply 1804/20/2013

He does seem especially stupid. I think the anchors are hilarious. They couldn't help it.

Unprofessional, yes. They should be in trouble with their bosses. But I doubt they are with their viewers.

by Anonymousreply 1904/21/2013

It feels weird. Not being wet.

by Anonymousreply 2004/21/2013

No respect is due to reality show idiots like the Kardashian sisters and this boob, handsome though he may be.

Laugh away.

by Anonymousreply 2104/21/2013

Sometimes you can be both.

by Anonymousreply 2204/21/2013

Please ... they work for Fox and they're calling Lochte stupid?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

by Anonymousreply 2304/21/2013

Fuck off with the politics, you weirdo American. Anderson Cooper could giggle on CNN about this and you would approve. Ridiculist.

We are discussing Ryan Lochte's stupidity and people laughing at him.

I am not usually even a mean guy, but fuck is he dumb. Why not laugh. Those anchors are cute about it.

by Anonymousreply 2404/21/2013

[quote]It was rude of them to laugh. And inappropriate considering they're just local anchors.

He's just an aging swimmer with nothing to say. Olympic glory burns brightly but briefly.

by Anonymousreply 2504/21/2013

Ryan Lochte is worse than 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 2604/21/2013

What in Antinous' name has happened to homosexuality while I was away? This boy is GORJUS! Those lips are to die for. I already know way too many brilliant butt ugly faggots who can talk you numb.

by Anonymousreply 2704/21/2013

Many of these second and third tier media market personalities get off on making fun of their national guests. It's been happening on radio for years. It's unprofessional, but they don't care because they aren't going anywhere and it brings attention.

by Anonymousreply 2804/21/2013

Right, R14. Not only is Lochte a cagy genius, but we all have discovered how bright Ms. Simpson actually is since her put-on. Uh-huh.

by Anonymousreply 2904/21/2013

LOL, R29!

by Anonymousreply 3004/21/2013

The first explanation of why he matters is "he's not like any other Olympian"... because ... "I like to hang out with my friends, go dancing, have fun..."

A first!

I would have laughed right there.

by Anonymousreply 3104/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 3204/21/2013

My thoughts exactly, R21.

Let's stop acting like these idiotic reality types desperate for fame deserve anything more than mockery. Many of us are sick of seeing them on television.

by Anonymousreply 3304/21/2013

I like you, R31

by Anonymousreply 3404/21/2013

Oh don't get your panties in a twist R33. He's probably a flaming homosexual, and we need more of these on television.

by Anonymousreply 3504/21/2013

Lochte "playing" dumb again on Letterman.

Dave - "What is your best stroke."

Ryan - "I don't know."

Dave - "Is there someone we could call?"

He also states that he is doing his reality show to increase swimming awareness.

8 1/2 minutes of mental torture.

by Anonymousreply 3604/23/2013

Ryan says that he's "different than other Olympic athletes"...and then he proceeds to say that he likes to hangout with his friends, play basketball, skateboard, etc.

How is this different than any other dumb jock?

The news anchors were certainly fine to laugh at him. Reality show morons deserve to be laughed at and insulted at every chance. Enough with these reality show jerks who shouldn't even have a forum to be famous in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 3704/23/2013

He looks cute in pictures but on the show he wasn't even all that hot. Even with his mouth shut.

I hope he's extremely good in bed or generous with his money. Otherwise, he has very little to offer...

by Anonymousreply 3804/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!