Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

7 warning signs of Alzheimer's related memory loss

Scary to lose control like that.

by Anonymousreply 3705/06/2013

OP, You started this damn thread four times already!

by Anonymousreply 104/19/2013

W&W R1

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2013

What do the WW and FF flags stand for/ do?

by Anonymousreply 304/20/2013

R3 = alzheimer

by Anonymousreply 404/20/2013

For the DUMMY OP:

Janet Jackson is a legend and an icon. Pop stars, male and female, still reference her as an inspiration, mimick her style and dance moves and remake her songs. As for her record deals, she LEFT Virgin once the landmark $80 million record deal she signed in the '90s was complete. Also, she ASKED to be let out of her Def Jam contract, but not before giving them a #1 album. So, you see, no one fired her, nitwit. And you're right--she's always had a round bubble butt, and she was known for having one when Kim Kardashian was still just a kid running around in her mommy and daddy's backyard with a pacifier, and J-Lo was just a young, unknown Puerto Rican chica in the Bronx.

Janet will record when she's ready to record, sweetie. She does not need a label, but she could get signed to one whenever she's ready because she's JANET-ACADEMY-AWARD-NOMINATED-100-MILLION-RECORDS-SOLD-EVERY-TEEN-ACT-OF-TODAY-ON-HER-JOCK-FANS-ALL-OVER-THE-WORLD-$150-MILLION-WORTH-MTV-ICON-MORE-BILLBOARD-AWARDS-THAN-ANY-OTHER-ARTIST-SIGNER-OF-TWO-OF-THE-BIGGEST-RECORD-DEALS-IN-HISTORY-MOTHERFUCKING JACKSON.

Any questions?

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2013

The article is such potato.

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

R5 is clearly long gone into the fog.

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

I have all those signs. All these years I thought it was ADHD.

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

[quote]What do the WW and FF flags stand for/ do?

WW alerts webmaster that a post should be considered for the wit and wisdom column on the left side of the page. FF (flames and freaks) alerts the webmaster to the fact that someone is posting homophobic or racist rants.

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

1 – Misplacing Things

2 – Problems With Decision-Making

3 – Issues With Words

4 – Changes in Sense of Time

5 – Getting Lost

6 – Repetition

7 – Difficulty Completing Tasks

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2013

I've had Alzheimers all my life!

by Anonymousreply 1104/20/2013

Thank you R10, that web page was a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2013

Wait a minute. I remember this website. It's full of warmth and comfort and welcoming friends.

by Anonymousreply 1304/22/2013

R5 is Janbot's first slip into dementia.

Next she'll be like "Minneapolis! C'mon! Escapade!"

by Anonymousreply 1404/22/2013

What?What was this post about again?My apple computer's screwing up.Where's my typewriter?What happened to my Atari?

by Anonymousreply 1504/23/2013

Who stole my Rubix Cube? But my uncle's aunt ahd Alzheimer's and it is a sad disease.My mom was her caregiver.There is a wonderful book about it.A professor named Alice Howland gets early-onset Alzheimer's.I don't remember the name but I highly recommend it.Uh-oh!

by Anonymousreply 1604/24/2013

lol @ r14.

Icant wait for janbot to do that randomly.

by Anonymousreply 1704/24/2013

Ooh American idiot is on. I hope Liza wins.

by Anonymousreply 1804/24/2013

Lion's mane mushroom is one substance that was studied internationally and can not only halt, but reverse dementia/Alzheimers. There's a regerative growth hormone in lion's mane. I'm reading about other dietary changes too from Natasha Campbell McBride that change what's going on in the brain.

I too have these symptoms and scarily, am not even 40 yet! But with research and adjustment, there is hope.

by Anonymousreply 1904/25/2013

I have two friends, 75 and 82, who have no memory problems except for one area. They can't remember names of actors and actresses when they're trying tell me about a movie or TV show. Does this type of memory loss have a special name?

by Anonymousreply 2004/25/2013

What's the cost of the test to find out if dementia's in your future?

by Anonymousreply 2104/25/2013

They didn't include "Thinking people are stealing from you."

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013

There's a genetic test R71.

by Anonymousreply 2304/25/2013

My dad suffered from dementia for 15 years. He suffered. His family suffered. It is not something I would want any family to suffer through.

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2013

What disease does R23 have that he's predicting an R71?

by Anonymousreply 2504/25/2013

There was a study about marijuana helping Alzheimer's a while back.

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2013

In the last few days I've made several postings in which I substituted "have" for "half" and had no awareness that I had done it until I read over it hours later. Kill me now!

by Anonymousreply 2704/28/2013

I couldn't find 4-10 and skipped down to

Also on Daily Health Post 5 Must Do Exercises For Your Butt

Is that a sign?

by Anonymousreply 2804/28/2013

Neither my 60 year old friend nor my 62 year old brother can remember much of anything.

Both have extreme short term memory loss.

I talked to my brother on the phone for 15 or 20 minutes straight about the ins and outs of his new four teeth.

Several weeks later, he said to me "I got new teeth". He didn't remember a thing about the extensive previous conversation.

My 60 year old friend does that all the time.

I told my friend that we might as well not talk at all since he cannot remember anything. It does render most talking with him useless.

by Anonymousreply 2904/28/2013

What was the question???

by Anonymousreply 3004/28/2013

I talk with my sister-in-law on the phone very often. We are both .. drifting a little. She doesn't tell me when I'm repeating something, but when I realize I'm doing it I don't tell her either. So I win.

by Anonymousreply 3104/29/2013

r29 - That's not necessarily Alzheimer's. Anyway, just suck it up and have the same conversation. Who cares? Presumably you love your brother and your friend and that's why you speak to them.

Also, telling you the same thing several weeks later is NOT extreme short term memory loss. That's not even particularly remarkable. Any run of the mill bore does that. Extreme short term memory loss would be if he repeated the same thought every few sentences in the same conversation.

by Anonymousreply 3205/04/2013

About ten years ago I developed a condition where I could remember the last six months and anytime after 2 years, but not that crucial six month to two year old timeframe. It was weird, and it moved. Three months later I could remember three months I had previously forgotten, but three more were lost.

Anyway it went away eventually, but I wonder if I hit my head or ate something poisonous or something that cause my brain to have to rewire.

by Anonymousreply 3305/04/2013

Funny you mentioned that, R22. That was my first clue about my mother's descent into vascular dementia & Alzheimer's, going on five years now. It was so bizarre.

And oh, so sad.

by Anonymousreply 3405/04/2013

OP, You started this damn thread four times already!

by Anonymousreply 3505/06/2013

My uncle used to escape in the evening to find his "real" wife...not the woman that he had been married to for 65 years...

We always got him, staring in total bewilderment at the soccer field which was created on the site of his home...90 years ago...

by Anonymousreply 3605/06/2013

My former neighbors wife started to suffer from dementia when she was 80 and he was 92. It was so sad. The first sign, like r22 said, was she began to believe people were stealing from her. He said to me that they had spent 60 wonderful years together but the happy, funny woman he married was disappearing and steadily bring replaced with someone who was angry and moody. It was clear that just before I moved he was learning to say goodbye to her because although she hadn't died, the woman he adored was no longer around. I felt awful for him, he was 92 then but in perfect health and I think he always thought he would go before her, so it was devastating to think he would spend the last years of life watching the love of life fade away.

by Anonymousreply 3705/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.