Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

FBI takes computer from NJ sister of bomb suspects

The FBI on Friday removed a computer from the New Jersey home of a sister of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects. Police said she was cooperating with the investigation and was "heartbroken, surprised and upset," though she told reporters she wasn't sure the accusations against her brothers were true.

Police in West New York, who did not immediately release the woman's name, cordoned off the three-story brick building across the Hudson River from New York City as federal agents remained inside.

Public records listed an Ailina Tsarnaev as living at the address.

The woman told agents that she had not been in contact with her brothers for years, said West New York Police Director Michael Indri, who confirmed she was a sister of the bombing suspects.

Speaking earlier through a crack in the door, the woman told News12 New Jersey and The Star-Ledger that she is sorry for the families that lost loved ones "the same way I lost my loved one."

"I'm hurt for everyone that's been hurt," she told the TV station and newspaper.

Her brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, was killed overnight in a shootout with police outside Boston. Her younger brother remains at large.

"He was a great person," the woman said of her dead brother. "I thought I knew him. I never would have expected that from him. He is a kind and loving man. The cops took his life away just the same way he took others' lives away, if that's even true. At the end of the day, no one knows the truth."

"I have no idea what got into them," she said.

Indri said the woman was cooperating with the FBI.

"She's heartbroken, surprised and upset like we all are," he said.

A woman who described herself as a friend of Ailina Tsarnaev described a different relationship between the woman and the elder brother.

The FBI on Friday removed a computer from the New Jersey home of a sister of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects. Police said she was cooperating with the investigation and was "heartbroken, surprised and upset," though she told reporters she wasn't sure the accusations against her brothers were true.

Police in West New York, who did not immediately release the woman's name, cordoned off the three-story brick building across the Hudson River from New York City as federal agents remained inside.

Public records listed an Ailina Tsarnaev as living at the address.

The woman told agents that she had not been in contact with her brothers for years, said West New York Police Director Michael Indri, who confirmed she was a sister of the bombing suspects.

Speaking earlier through a crack in the door, the woman told News12 New Jersey and The Star-Ledger that she is sorry for the families that lost loved ones "the same way I lost my loved one."

"I'm hurt for everyone that's been hurt," she told the TV station and newspaper.

Her brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, was killed overnight in a shootout with police outside Boston. Her younger brother remains at large.

"He was a great person," the woman said of her dead brother. "I thought I knew him. I never would have expected that from him. He is a kind and loving man. The cops took his life away just the same way he took others' lives away, if that's even true. At the end of the day, no one knows the truth."

"I have no idea what got into them," she said.

Indri said the woman was cooperating with the FBI.

"She's heartbroken, surprised and upset like we all are," he said.

A woman who described herself as a friend of Ailina Tsarnaev described a different relationship between the woman and the elder brother.

by Anonymousreply 2504/20/2013

Why hasn't she been in contact with them for years? Something's off.

by Anonymousreply 104/19/2013

What a terrible loss for her to lose the brothers she has had no contact with for years.

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2013

Seems like the Uncle and sister had withdrawn form them over years. Who would remain in contact with them if indeed they had become "radicalized".They probably recognized changes in them and pulled away.

Also in the linked article, a friend says the sister was afraid of the older brother because he used to beat her. sounds like a good reason to keep away from him.

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2013

Take back your mink!

Take back your pearls!

by Anonymousreply 404/19/2013

OP left off the rest of the story at the link (accidentally?), which explains why she would not have spoken to her brothers in years:

"A woman who described herself as a friend of Ailina Tsarnaev described a different relationship between the woman and the elder brother.

Vicki Colon, of Passaic, said the woman feared him because "he used to beat her."

Colon said she met the two brothers during a visit to Massachusetts a couple years ago. She said the younger brother was very quiet.

The sister last spoke to Colon on April 6, Colon's birthday. Colon said she saw a Facebook posting Thursday night that led her to believe the woman may not have known her brothers had been identified as suspects.

"It just said, 'God is great, I love my family,' basically," Colon said."

by Anonymousreply 704/19/2013

She must be one of the two sisters the Canadian aunt basically called wanton sluts because they wanted to leave their husbands.

by Anonymousreply 804/19/2013

How about "people who," R5 R6?

by Anonymousreply 904/19/2013

Didn't do it on purpose R7, I had copied it but guess it didn't all paste.

by Anonymousreply 1004/19/2013

Agree with R5. I wouldn't trust them to tell me if water is wet.

Note only the relatives outside of the states insist they're innocent. The uncle in Boston probably thinks the same, but knows to placate the press so he isn't hounded.

by Anonymousreply 1104/19/2013

r11 read their beads.

by Anonymousreply 1204/19/2013

[quote] "It just said, 'God is great, I love my family,' basically," Colon said."

Allah Akbar (God is Great) is something people say in triumph

by Anonymousreply 1304/19/2013

[quote] Allah Akbar (God is Great) is something people say in triumph

I believe it's what Anne Hathaway said, right before she thanked the Academy.

by Anonymousreply 1404/19/2013

Sleeper cells

by Anonymousreply 1504/19/2013

[quote] Colon said she saw a Facebook posting Thursday night that led her to believe the woman may not have known her brothers had been identified as suspects.

[quote] "It just said, 'God is great, I love my family,' basically," Colon said."

WTF? Of course she knew. Who writes "God is great (Allah Ahkbar) I love my family" as their Facebook update?

by Anonymousreply 1604/19/2013

[quote]Allah Akbar (God is Great) is something people say in triumph

Yes, but it's something Muslims say for about a billion other reasons too. It's like a fundie Xian saying "Praise Jesus" or "Glory be to God."

It offers ZERO proof she's in on this.

by Anonymousreply 1704/19/2013

[quote]Also in the linked article, a friend says the sister was afraid of the older brother because he used to beat her. sounds like a good reason to keep away from him.

Me, too.

He'll get his if he ever makes it to prison.

by Anonymousreply 1804/20/2013

He won't make it to prison because he's fucking dead. Throw him in the compost pile.

by Anonymousreply 1904/20/2013

Will Westboro picket the funeral?

by Anonymousreply 2004/20/2013

I'll just die if they find that Amateur Guys of Grozny video.

by Anonymousreply 2104/20/2013

I'd like to know how often she updated her Facebook page with "God is great. I love my family." since its so common to say things like that on Facebook.

I know I'm forever writing that on Facebook. I'm sure everyone does.

by Anonymousreply 2204/20/2013

He's a great person, a kind and loving man that would never harm anyone, who she is estranged from due to fear in the wake of his former habit of beating her.

Was she interviewed at a crack den, or an insane asylum?

by Anonymousreply 2304/20/2013

Deport the delusional terrorist kin folk.

by Anonymousreply 2404/20/2013

I loved the uncle calling them losers in such an emphatic way, as though he were spitting on the ground.

He and the Canadian lawyer aunt should totally get their own TV/radio/Internet show.

Auntie was like that Chappelle's Show sketch, "Jury Selection."

by Anonymousreply 2504/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.