Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gallup: Only 4% of Americans Think Gun Control is an Important Problem

Only 4 percent of Americans think guns and gun control are an important problem facing the country, according to Gallup, and far more Americans are concerned about the economy, unemployment and the federal debt.

In its poll from Apr. 4-7, Gallup surveyed 1,005 adults by telephone and asked, “What do you think is the most important problem facing the country today?”

Respondents answered in the following order:

Economy in general 24%

Unemployment/Jobs 18%

Dissatisfaction with Government 16%

Federal budget deficit/Federal debt 11%

Healthcare 6%

Ethical/Moral/Family decline 5%

Immigration/Illegal aliens 4%

Education 4%

Guns/Gun control 4%

Situation with North Korea 4%

Lack of Money 3%

Welfare 2%

Lack of respect for each other 2%

Poverty/Hunger/Homelessness 2%

Foreign aid/Focus overseas 2%

Taxes 2%

Despite the Obama administration’s strong push for more gun control legislation, few Americans are concerned about the issue.

As Gallup reports, “Few Americans mention guns or immigration as the most important problems facing the nation today, despite the current attention lawmakers in Washington are giving to these issues. The economy still dominates as the top concern, followed by jobs and dissatisfaction with the general way in which Congress and the government work.”

These data “underscore the prominence of economic issues in Americans’ minds,” said Gallup.

by Anonymousreply 1104/20/2013

Is it just that you can't read English, OP?

by Anonymousreply 104/19/2013

4% for education as well. We get the country we deserve. Sad that a stupid majority has such "power".

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2013

The question is not "which of these do you think are important problems?" The question is "which is THE MOST important problem."

So the correct interpretation is that only 4% of Americans think gun control is the most important problem facing the country. Given that we are in a severe economic slump and are at war, you'd have to be pretty strange to say gun control was the most important issue and you are probably coming at it from the NRA/Tea Party perspective.

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2013

Remove "an" from your headline, OP. Then insert in its place "the most."

Christ, what an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 404/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 504/19/2013

[quote] Gallup: Only 4% of Americans Think Gun Control is an Important Problem

That's simply not true. As usual Gallop is 100% full of shit.

What they really mean is out of 1005 losers who answered gallop's survey, 40 of those people think Gun Control is an important problem. 40 people are NOT and NEVER WILL BE a representative sample of 4% of Americans.

Another way to put it is 96% of the people who responded to gallop's survey are morons

I just conducted a survey in my household (me, my dog and cat). All of us think gun control is an important problem. Should I make an announcement to the media that 100% of Americans think gun control is important? 100% of my survey think it is.

Let's not forget these are the dumb fucks who thought Romney was in the lead and poor old President Obama was going to get his ass kicked. Someone remind me, who won the election?

by Anonymousreply 604/19/2013

Not too bright, are you, R6?

by Anonymousreply 704/19/2013

You mean the organization that predicted this?

by Anonymousreply 804/19/2013

It looks like people were asked what is MOST important, you are misreading the poll. I for one don't think gun control is the MOST important problem. I'm sure a much higher percentage think it is a problem and an important one.

If you think gun control is the biggest problem in this country your priorities are out of whack, even in light of this week's events.

by Anonymousreply 904/19/2013

I'm actually amazed only 2% said "taxes".

by Anonymousreply 1004/19/2013

OP is a dumbass

by Anonymousreply 1104/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!