Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tragedy Sluts

Have you noticed some of your facebook friends practically creaming themselves every time there's a tragedy in the news (the Boston bombings for example)? Their newsfeeds are littered with articles, pics, and sappy messages of hope.

It's all so mawkish. It's like they live for this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1406/10/2014

What is it with the flags? Every time something happens it's roll-out Old Glory. Any tragedy is a direct attack on "Freedom".

by Anonymousreply 104/20/2013

The Freedom to get fat and drive a gigantic car is being attacked! Pass the insulin!

by Anonymousreply 204/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 304/21/2013

Only one FB "friend" does this but I put her on no updates last year. Her brother is a friend so that's how I got stuck with her. Luckily nobody else does that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 404/21/2013

You mean as opposed to Dataloungers, OP?

by Anonymousreply 504/21/2013

They're egged on by the media...which ignored a real news story for one that was majorly hyped.

by Anonymousreply 604/21/2013

Mawkish....there's that DataLounge word again.

by Anonymousreply 704/21/2013

Some of us are not social media sluts like you are, OP.

And don't act like there is anything social about the DL.

by Anonymousreply 804/21/2013

There is, it seems, no shortage of "tragedy sluts" and pity mongers.

I wish they would take up the the old professional of paid mourners and stick strictly to attending funerals. Can't stand these sick, weepy fucks.

by Anonymousreply 904/21/2013

No, OP, I've never noticed that because I've never been stupid enough to have a facebook page.

Easy peasy.

by Anonymousreply 1004/21/2013

My stupid sister in North Carolina had t shirts made for her and her family that read "Our family mourns with the Boston families." I'm not even sure what that means lolz. She had herself, husband and three kids photographed wearing them and posted it on facebook and instagram. She has this gleeful "look at how patriotic we are" look to her. My brother in law looks drunk and one of the kids is texting in the pic. Friday night she was reposting up to the minutes pictures from the crime scene. Typical dumb frau.

by Anonymousreply 1104/21/2013

Someone I'm friends with on FB posted, "Would u talk to a 6 & 4 year old about these horrifying acts or shield them? I want my kids to be kids and not have a worry in the world like we did when we were children. So hard,u want them to worldly and aware but at the same time not be scared of life either! So hard being a parent!"

I just don't even know where to begin with that.

by Anonymousreply 1204/21/2013

The tragedy sluts have been very busy on Facebook lately.

by Anonymousreply 1306/10/2014

At the scene of every school shooting is a group of crying cunts who couldn't pick the victims out of a lineup, but that doesn't stop them from bawling their eyes out and hanging on each other. Tragedy queens of any gender are so fucking tedious...

by Anonymousreply 1406/10/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!