Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Underground popstars

A friend of mine looks like a black butch lesbian (with a wholesome grin believe it or not). She wants to make pop music. I said go for it. Pop music needs SOME kind of interesting image/musical boost.

What say you all?

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013

Well, they can always hire a Beyonce lookalike to do the videos and lipsynch at concerts.

by Anonymousreply 104/19/2013

Crack is whack!

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2013

[quote]Pop music needs SOME kind of interesting image/musical boost.

Pop music needs some decent fucking songs. Who cares what she looks like?

You really think she's capable of 'interesting image/musical boost'?

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2013

What makes music popular a.k.a "pop" is that it appeals to the lowest-common denominator. That is why most pop music sucks.

by Anonymousreply 404/19/2013

Are you kidding? Only as a cult artist only. Blacks as a group are colorist hypocrites they embrace out gay men and closeted misogynists (hiphop) yet Queen Latifia is forced to stay in the closet.

Your friend needs to enjoy the coffeeshop circuit.

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2013

Isn't this called Alabama Shakes, and isn't it over now?

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2013

The music industry is awash is bad song writing. Anyone who can find and hook up with a good song writer, can make it to the top today. What's your competition, Adele?

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

She can make all the pop music she wants. Finding an audience is the tough part.

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

You are going to tell me Chaka Khan ever looked like a supermodel? Good songs will always get you chart success. (Chaka found Prince as her song writer, before Prince became really famous)

The Lesbian thing will have to go - DADT. Americans, en mass, are still extremely homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!