Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chechen President blames America

Nothing to do with us.

by Anonymousreply 2704/19/2013

Well, the two of them never set foot in the country. They are as American as you can get. America shaped their personalities.

by Anonymousreply 104/19/2013

Hmm, the statement itself seems to contradict his intention.

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2013

[quote] Well, the two of them never set foot in the country. They are as American as you can get. America shaped their personalities.

Try to pay attention, dear.

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2013

I have yet to watch any of this.

by Anonymousreply 404/19/2013

Well, it seems like the bombers shared his sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 504/19/2013

Russia must be loving this. After all the times we told them to leave that place alone, now they get to say 'See? Told you so.'

by Anonymousreply 604/19/2013

The one still on the loose came to America in 2003.

by Anonymousreply 704/19/2013

Russia warned us. We didn't listen. We have 'leaders' who have to prove a point about multiculturalism and open immigration and all that crap.

Meanwhile, Americans get no favors but losers from terrorist state of Chechnya get freebie educations and our own citizens are overworked and underpaid at shitty jobs.

by Anonymousreply 804/19/2013

What R8 said. Truth.

by Anonymousreply 904/19/2013

My brother was a big, arrogant liberal who defended that 'multiculturalism' bullshit and accused me of being a redneck when I pointed out it's faults.

But now that he's a father of three, he's changed his tune. His weird bias against American institutions is gone, and he doesn't embrace all the weirdo immigrants anyore.

Being a parent opened his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 1004/19/2013

What exactly is it that you imagine Russia "warned" us about?

by Anonymousreply 1104/19/2013

Amen r10. The problem is that so many see these issues in such extremes as well.

by Anonymousreply 1304/19/2013

Nonsense. Unchecked immigration benefits only rich employers. It is a conservative cause, and that's why no employers were prosecuted for illegals during the eight years of George W. Bush's presidency, when we had the biggest mass immigration ever (including these people). It was never a "liberal" cause, except not to profile immigrants racially.

by Anonymousreply 1404/19/2013

I sometimes think that the reason white Americans are so afraid of unchecked immigration is because, deep down, they're cognizant of what happened the last time there was a huge, unchecked influx of immigrants into America.

by Anonymousreply 1504/19/2013

Oh please, R14,

liberals support unchecked immigration. Yes, it benefits the rich, but the leftists make it a philosphical issue or are looking to destroy anything traditionally American.

by Anonymousreply 1604/19/2013

As someone with significant native history (there are virtually no pure bloods left) I take issue with your statement.

Americans built a nation--it's a country we love and it's a great country. Yes, there was bloodshed. The difference is that many new immigrants come here to take advantage of the blood, sweat , and tears of the American people. They don't offer anything, they don't have the American sense of fairness and invention, and they are not respectful of our culture or history.

If you hate Americans so much, live somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 1704/19/2013

r10, at least he tried to be optimistic and open-minded. I went through the same stage of its "Us" who has hurt "Them" through imperial agenda and became anti-West. But it was a growing experience. I now see how futile and ridiculous it all is, and anyone who comes into America and benefits from the democratic and liberal lifestyle while bitching how demonic and evil it is doesn't deserve the privilege.

by Anonymousreply 1804/19/2013

"leftists make it a philosphical issue or are looking to destroy anything traditionally American"

BITCH puleeeze...

by Anonymousreply 1904/19/2013

[quote]The difference is that many new immigrants come here to take advantage of the blood, sweat , and tears of the American people. They don't offer anything, they don't have the American sense of fairness and invention, and they are not respectful of our culture or history.

You are a racist freeper douchebag. If the only thing you took from my post was that I "hate America," (I don't) then you are also stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2004/19/2013

Sorry - I am R19.

And the full quote is "Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"

Dame Liberty is turning in her caftan...

by Anonymousreply 2104/19/2013

Well, look at the Muslims that move to the Netherlands and Scandinavia. They fucking hate the culture of those countries, but are happy to take advantage of their social programs, trash their neighborhoods, commit violence against gays, and refuse to assimilate. But somehow, its the fault of the West that they don't just lay down and become Islamic republics.

France is the only country that has a sensible attitude towards these people: if you live in France, you're going to have to act French or go back to the hell holes you came from. We're not going to change because you're offended at the drop of a hat.

by Anonymousreply 2204/19/2013

[quote]Being a parent opened his eyes.

By your description it is clear that, in his case, the exact opposite is true.

by Anonymousreply 2304/19/2013

Immigration is great. Just because someone expects people who come here to not set off bombs doesn't mean they hate immigration.

by Anonymousreply 2404/19/2013

The Chechen president Ramzan Kadyrov is one of Vladimir Putin's hired thugs. There was an expo of him on PBS a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2504/19/2013

He's the one Hilary Swank partied with.

by Anonymousreply 2604/19/2013

I don't think this will turn out to have been ideologically driven. The older brother was under intense pressure from his family to achieve something but didn't. Probably had mental illness of some kind. They came from a society seeped in violence with a long history of bombings, so this is how he acted out.

The real mystery to me is why did the younger brother go along.

by Anonymousreply 2704/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.