Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

George W. Bush Hopes Jeb Bush Will Run In 2016

04/19/2013

Former President George W. Bush told Parade Magazine in an interview published Friday that he hopes his brother, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, will run for president in 2016.

When asked if the country is ready for another Bush, he said, "That’s for Jeb to figure out, you know what I mean? I would hope that people would judge [him], if Jeb were to run, on his merits and his track record.…So I hope he will run."

The former Florida governor has not made a decision about the race in 2016, but he said in March that there is no "baggage" from his brother's two terms as president and low popularity.

Jeb Bush's own favorable rating is only 30 percent among general election voters, according to a recent Public Policy Polling survey.

He sounded optimistic about the Republican Party, however, saying that he did not believe it was "doomed forever." In 2016, he said, "the party ought to nominate somebody who can stand by principles and explain why conservative principles are better for the vast majority of the citizens."

The former president has kept a low public profile since leaving office in 2009. He recently told the Dallas Morning News that people have been surprised to learn that he paints. "Of course, some people are surprised I can even read," he said.

by Anonymousreply 2704/22/2013

How many more fucking threads are you going to post this morning OP?

We get it, you troll HuffPo, tabloids and websites and mince your wide ass over here to post them .

Get a fucking news blog asshole and whatever you do, spare us your freeper bullshit updates on the Bushes.

by Anonymousreply 104/19/2013

Take your meds, bitch at R1.

I'm not a fan of the Bushes, you idiot. But we need to monitor what they are up to and hope that Hillary runs.

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2013

[quote]no "baggage" from his brother's two terms as president and low popularity.

baggage! Ha! More like a few steamer trunks!

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2013

All I have to say is God help us.

by Anonymousreply 404/19/2013

There are enough stupid people in this country to put him in the White House. It will happen.

by Anonymousreply 504/19/2013

JEB is very popular in Florida, as is Marco Rubio, which could determine the election.

by Anonymousreply 604/19/2013

Isn't it fucking nut the every elected Republican presidential/vice-presidential ticket, dating back to 1952, has had a Nixon or Bush.

Yeah, this is a really dumbass country. And I don't rule out any of it.

[italic]Recap[/italic]

1952 - Nixon (v.p.)

1956 - Nixon (v.p.)

1968 - Nixon (p)

1972 - Nixon (p)

1980 - Bush (v.p.)

1984 - Bush (v.p.)

1988 - Bush (p)

2000 - Bush (p)

2004 - Bush (p)

by Anonymousreply 704/19/2013

Prairie Home Companion was broadcasting from Texas tonight. They had a skit featuring actors as Dubya and Rick Perry, making them sound like the two stupidest men on Earth. The audience ate it up. It sounded like every Democrat in the state was there tonight.

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2013

[quote]There are enough stupid people in this country to put him in the White House. It will happen.

There are enough corrupt people in high places to steal elections for the CIA-Bush Crime Family. If Jeb becomes President it won't be the American people who put him there.

by Anonymousreply 904/21/2013

Not too politically astute are ya, r10?

by Anonymousreply 1104/21/2013

Republican voters, making under 750,000 a year are insidious creatures.

by Anonymousreply 1204/21/2013

Please. Women don't hate Hillary. We love Hillary. (And Obama, too.)

by Anonymousreply 1304/21/2013

R10 = Karl Rove = delusional

by Anonymousreply 1404/21/2013

[quote]Jeb's the man. He is just what this country needs.

Right ...

[slowly backing away towards the door, keeping my eyes on the crazy person at all times, but not in too-confrontational a manner]

by Anonymousreply 1604/21/2013

Ugh, I just realized that Jeb was actually his initials. I hate when people do that.

by Anonymousreply 1704/21/2013

Jeb Bush should totally run in 2016. He will be slaughtered, possibly even literally.

by Anonymousreply 1904/21/2013

Jeb is no Jack Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 2004/21/2013

Jeb won't run, he knows Hillary would steamroller over him. His son George P, who is half-Hispanic, is running for Texas land commissioner though. Watch for him to run for Texas Governor in 2018 and then President in 2024 to succeed Hillary. It would be ironic if the next GOP president after Dubya is another Bush, but at the rate the GOP is going it could well be the case!

by Anonymousreply 2104/21/2013

Republicans have already given up on 2016. They know Hillary is the next POTUS. They've all said it. They're screwed. They'll give her four years to screw something up, then try to defeat her in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 2204/21/2013

When asked if the country is ready for another Bush, he said, "That’s for Jeb to figure out, you know what I mean? I would hope that people would judge [him], if Jeb were to run, on his merits and his track record.…

In other words he hopes no one will judge jeb on gwb's disastrous, illegal presidency. Or the fact that he basically started WW III

by Anonymousreply 2304/21/2013

The Bush family has looted billions from the treasury. How much more do they and the Cheney's need?

by Anonymousreply 2404/21/2013

Hey, OP. I hope he runs too. I want to see him get his ass handed to him and we can put paid to that whole fucking family. He still has to answer for the fraud he committed in 2000 that gave us all this shit we are still dealing with.

I'd also like to know how he milked FEMA funds, and every other kind of federal program he could get his hands on and all the crony contracts he gave out to people with $$ for him.

Maybe we can talk about how he and his wife live in separate houses while he rotates mistresses. Oh, and his daughter the drug addict? Not criticizing the drug addiction, just the constant cover ups, and the subverting of the criminal justice system, the people who "looked the other way" at criminality. etc.

Wifey's credit card fraud might come up too. Illegals working for no money? I'm sure Jebby will carry Florida, No? No.

by Anonymousreply 2504/21/2013

[quote]Republicans have already given up on 2016. They know Hillary is the next POTUS.

Uh, I don't think we should just assume that the Republicans have conceded 2016. We should not underestimate them. If they think they have a chance to pull something, they will.

by Anonymousreply 2604/22/2013

[quote]pull something

exactly!

by Anonymousreply 2704/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.