Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Boston and surrounding towns are in lockdown.

I am up here in Cambridge. It's like living in a horror movie, and I'm not being dramatic. WTF.

by Anonymousreply 20504/19/2013

Oh I don't know r1, you insensitive moron, a terrorist is on the loose, police are everywhere, everything is on complete lockdown and nobody can leave their homes, plus several people had their limbs blown off a few days ago...WTF

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2013

Keep us posted OP!!

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2013

Is your ass at least fresh, OP?

by Anonymousreply 404/19/2013

you guys need Jack Bauer

by Anonymousreply 504/19/2013

These terrorists were sent from Turkey or Russia because they don't fit the Arab profile. No more big World Trade type attacks. Those who hate us are happy to do small attacks as long as Americans are killed and maimed.

by Anonymousreply 604/19/2013

OP are the roads open? Supposed to be heading to Royal Sonesta Hotel in cambridge on the river today...

by Anonymousreply 704/19/2013

OP = terrorist

by Anonymousreply 804/19/2013

Everything is locked down so I doubt the hotel is open.

by Anonymousreply 904/19/2013

What happens if you need food or water?

by Anonymousreply 1004/19/2013

Be safe OP.

They are Russian.

by Anonymousreply 1104/19/2013

Okay the Be Safe was to the OP. The "They are Russian" is to R6 who had it on the money.

by Anonymousreply 1204/19/2013

hotel is open all access roads open - still going.

by Anonymousreply 1304/19/2013

R10, some of us have these things called faucets in our kitchens. When we turn them on, water magically comes out of them.

We have food in refrigerators, freezers and pantries.

by Anonymousreply 1404/19/2013

Oh OP, we suffer for you, locked in your home in Cambridge, Massachusetts. How completely horrifying for you!

We're sobbing as our boney fingers type.

by Anonymousreply 1504/19/2013

OP = Frauen attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 1604/19/2013

So how are businesses suppose to open? Smallbusinesses lime restaurants need to support themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1704/19/2013

Stop attacking the OP! He's on the scene and nervous. Understandably.

And the Darfur orphans usually leave short effective messages. R15 is trying too hard.

by Anonymousreply 1804/19/2013

I'd be frightened if I were OP. That's a scary situation to be in. Lots of noise and commotion, the media going crazy so you can't rely on them, and you have no idea what's going on outside.

by Anonymousreply 1904/19/2013

how many babies will be created today during the lockdown?

by Anonymousreply 2004/19/2013

R20 - for gay couples, I am assuming none.

by Anonymousreply 2104/19/2013

This is just like the Scream movies when the town is on lockdown. How exciting.

by Anonymousreply 2204/19/2013

[quote] how many babies will be created today during the lockdown?

And how will they come to be known later? "Terror babies"?

by Anonymousreply 2304/19/2013

no R23

by Anonymousreply 2404/19/2013

Swat twats. I meant to say tots.

by Anonymousreply 2504/19/2013

Please don't let them be WHITE, Please don't let them be WHITE, Please don't let them be ...

DOHHHH!

by Anonymousreply 2604/19/2013

[quote]This is just like the Scream movies when the town is on lockdown. How exciting.

Oh, how fun. Look out, it's Ghostface. Just kidding, it's just Djohar Tsarnaev. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 2704/19/2013

When Bostonians can't leave their houses anymore, the terrorists have won.

by Anonymousreply 2804/19/2013

[quote]They are Russian.

Actually, they're Chechen. The rest of the world considers that part of Russia, but radical Chechens want it to be separate.

by Anonymousreply 2904/19/2013

[quote]When Bostonians can't leave their houses anymore, the terrorists have won.

stop being dramatic, crack the window back there....mama is going to light another cigarette.

by Anonymousreply 3004/19/2013

Businesses need not open because there are no customers to patronize them. Just how good do you think business will be with a suicidal terrorist on the loose?

by Anonymousreply 3104/19/2013

He's making a total splash!

by Anonymousreply 3204/19/2013

R33 we're how many years away from one set of Christians burning others and so-called witches at the stake ?

by Anonymousreply 3404/19/2013

[quote] Say what you will about the U.S. cults, but at least the Mormons and the Scientologists don't go around blowing people up.

Really?

[bold] 10 Years After Mormon Bombings, Forger's Crimes Retain Mystery [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 3504/19/2013

I don't think so R6 i dont think theyve been sent by anyone. This will be about the mental/psych state of the older brother - that's where the answer lies. Who knows what he saw in his home country. I really think this has to do with alienation and psych issues. I do not think it is politically motivated... nor religious.

by Anonymousreply 3604/19/2013

My mother lives in Watertown. I just spoke with her. She got a robocall from the Watertown Police at 3am telling everyone to stay in their house. She thought it was way too early to get up, so she went back to sleep and just got up to watch television a short while ago. She's fascinated with the news, but she says she's fine.

by Anonymousreply 3704/19/2013

Not "cornfed" white, but white just the same.

by Anonymousreply 3804/19/2013

Every day of their lives these two guys would be considered white. But now all of sudden because they're terrorist, all of sudden people like R33 are calling them not white. So if they were from Italy or Greece would they also not be white?

by Anonymousreply 3904/19/2013

So one bomber has been shot, the younger brother is on the run...and a third man arrested. It's 9am or 10 am Boston time.

by Anonymousreply 4004/19/2013

Oh Jesus FUCK, they're brown--okay? Now shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 4104/19/2013

You know Mrs. Betty Bowers would take one look at their swarthy visages and ask them to leave.

So, no, not white.

by Anonymousreply 4204/19/2013

Thank you, R39. In fact, every day everyone except Sub-saharan people are "white." Until they do something wrong---then they're "Arab," or in this case, I suppose, "beige."

by Anonymousreply 4304/19/2013

The Irish were once thought of as Black. Categorization is fluid and socially motivated.

by Anonymousreply 4404/19/2013

I am watching on the news. It is very scary, be careful OP. Apparently the whole city is locked down.

by Anonymousreply 4604/19/2013

100% agree with R39 and R43...

by Anonymousreply 4704/19/2013

lmao @ "Keystone cops of terrorists"

by Anonymousreply 4804/19/2013

"Hide yo kids, hide yo wife"

by Anonymousreply 4904/19/2013

LOL at all you fucking racists trying to pretend these are white people.

They may be foreign, they may be muslim , but yes they're WHITE.

White Russians.

by Anonymousreply 5104/19/2013

How does Boston have leaves on its trees & blooming flowers abound, but everything here in Michigan is still dead? As if!

by Anonymousreply 5204/19/2013

[quote]Still, the Muslims are the most violent religion out there. Draw a cartoon of their prophet and they issue an edict to chop your head off.

Oh FFS with this shit. [bold]Radical Muslims[/bold]. ALL Muslims are not of the same practice or politics.

Please, You're showing yourself to be the typical uneducated American.

There was a point in time that "Christians" wouldn't do the same. Look up the history of the Catholic church and the Fucking Crusades.

by Anonymousreply 5404/19/2013

Wow. The racism will reek in here.

*sigh* We're a fucking ignorant country. And people wonder why America gets bombed every now and then. Why we elected morons for local leaders. Why we rank the lowest in education among "civilized" countries...

Just read a thread like this.

by Anonymousreply 5504/19/2013

what a bunch of ill-informed idiots

by Anonymousreply 5604/19/2013

r54 if you have to go back about 1000 years to make your point, it's not a very good one.

by Anonymousreply 5704/19/2013

r57 take your Christian bullshit back to Breitbart. We don't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 5904/19/2013

Oh! Em! Gee!

They are, like, TOTALLY Muslimic!

Facts are, like SO prejudice!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6004/19/2013

The younger bomber brother is actually pretty cute. Too bad he is a sick demented fuck!

by Anonymousreply 6104/19/2013

The papists are inherently violent, especially after 10AM and they have started on their whiskeys.

by Anonymousreply 6504/19/2013

Fear not, Boston. Antoine is on the case!

by Anonymousreply 6604/19/2013

[quote][R54] if you have to go back about 1000 years to make your point, it's not a very good one.

The Holocaust, molestation, abortion clinic bombings, etc, were 1000 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 6704/19/2013

[quote][R54], violent Muslims are enough of a problem that you cannot say that only some Muslims are violent the same way that you would say only some Christians shoot abortion doctors and blow up abortion clinics.

Do you know how many Muslims there are? Do you not realize that your rights are being denied because of Christians? The only thing that stops Christians from blowing shit up every year is Western law. Without it, we'd all be dead by now.

by Anonymousreply 6804/19/2013

HOLY FUCK I cannot imagine being down in Watertown and Cambridge last night!

Holy shit!!!

by Anonymousreply 6904/19/2013

r70 is and sounds like the biggest idiot on the planet. Go back to watching Nickelodeon, moron.

by Anonymousreply 7204/19/2013

They're not just white, they are the literal definition of Caucasian. Where all the white people come from.

by Anonymousreply 7304/19/2013

"...two armed men reportedly carjack a Mercedes SUV in Cambridge. A man who was in the vehicle is held for about a half hour and then released unharmed at a gas station on Memorial Drive in Cambridge."

Where's the interview with the dude who was held by the terrorists for half an hour!? I wanna hear his story! And why in the world would they have released him alive? Weird.

by Anonymousreply 7404/19/2013

[quote] they aren't White... at least not what WE call White... they come from uzbeki beki beki stan for christ sake! White is about more than skin tone.

R35 et al, you're an ignorant fuck.

by Anonymousreply 7504/19/2013

[quote](70) WELL SAID!!!!!

You find the guy hot. Go die in a grease fire!

by Anonymousreply 7604/19/2013

R33, uh, does the name Timothy McVeigh ring a bell??? 18 years ago today, he blew up the Murrah Federal Building. They're having their annual observance at the OKC Memorial on live TV here even as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 7704/19/2013

[quote]Go die in a grease fire!

Talk about a fat wa!

by Anonymousreply 7804/19/2013

I actually like White Russians. Altho I'd prefer Black Russians if you're pouring.

Times like these I miss the FADTPT

by Anonymousreply 8004/19/2013

Get a psychiatrist r81.

by Anonymousreply 8204/19/2013

Why did the Savannah Guthrie thread, of all threads, get deleted?

by Anonymousreply 8404/19/2013

OMG what a clusterfuck in that neighborhood right now. All these stupid news people, bystanders and about a thousand police officers running into each other like chickens with their heads cut off.

by Anonymousreply 8504/19/2013

And just how much is all of this costing U.S. taxpayers?

by Anonymousreply 8604/19/2013

The facts are that you're a crazy person foaming at the mouth with nonsense, therefore logic leads me to the conclusion that you need a psychiatrist, r81. Voila.

by Anonymousreply 8804/19/2013

JFC, I feel like I'm watching some surreal version of Dragnet on CNN right now. Holy FUCK BALLS!!

by Anonymousreply 8904/19/2013

THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 9004/19/2013

Chechens don't fit a terrorist profile, R6? On what planet?

by Anonymousreply 9104/19/2013

Chechens are separate from Russia like Florida is separate from America. Read: NOT.

by Anonymousreply 9204/19/2013

r86 which is exactly the point in this.

Terrorists want to hurt our pocketbooks as much as our people.

by Anonymousreply 9304/19/2013

On what planet do we give foreign aid to Chechnya, R81?

And if cutting foreign aid to terrorists magically makes terrorism disappear, why do we still give money to the biggest terrorist state in the world, Israel?

by Anonymousreply 9404/19/2013

They are Caucasian.

Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 9504/19/2013

I just found Yahoos live blog. They are talking about an older man with a possible explosive device? Flipped the tv on and nothing like that on CNN. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 9704/19/2013

What about people stuck in hospitals, 24 hour stores, the gym.

If it is under lockdown, are those people just stuck in there?

by Anonymousreply 9804/19/2013

The city isn't literally "in lockdown." The police have just advised everyone to shelter in place.

by Anonymousreply 9904/19/2013

So if people stay home will their pay get docked?

by Anonymousreply 10004/19/2013

R98, I was thinking about that earlier. I work at night, and I can't imagine being stuck there indefinitely after my shift ends.

by Anonymousreply 10104/19/2013

Hospital personnel are probably stuck there. That's not horrible unusual in the Boston area because of weather.

I would think 24 hour stores and gyms are closed. 24 hour stores especially because it makes sense the authorities want to limit the places he can get gas and food and rob for money. Gyms are not a necessity to anyone but urban DL-ers.

by Anonymousreply 10204/19/2013

Get a grip R2- "terrorists" kill 230 (and exponentially more wounded) or so people a day in the US with guns- no one cares too much about that, now do they as we just found out this week?

All depends on how you dress the story, how it happens, where and when.

My brother lives in a Boston suburb and is stuck at home- his workplace is shut down.

Suffice to say he is not remotely frightened. He just wants to get back to work.

by Anonymousreply 10304/19/2013

Are there people here who think our foreign aid builds schools, hospitals, and bridges?

Foreign aid goes to the ruling clique of whatever country will work with our corporations and police our interests. Much of it is earmarked for buying arms from our manufacturers. Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt use our foreign aid to buy guns and tanks. The rest is doled out to the thugs who work for the ruling clique -- bought loyalty.

Sometimes the money never leaves the United States. It goes into the Egypt account, say, then they send money to the the companies who make tear gas in this country, and the country sends Egypt tear gas -- The Egyptian government used our tear gas canisters bought with foreign aid money we gave them on their own people, 144,000 canisters that we know about.

The Saudis do the same thing. They use our weapons on anyone outside the royal family who wants to participate in government. In return, they make sure we get oil.

Israel and the U.S. have a deal where we give them foreign aid with the provision that they use it to buy our guns at a discount. They use the tanks and machine guns on Palestinians.

The people who get caught up in the bombing madness aren't dumb people. They see women and children getting killed with weapons we supplied. They know why their government does that -- so people like them and their families at the bottom will stay at the bottom working, if they can find work, for pennies. They know why the U.S. does it -- to control their oil and labor for our gain.

They see the same pictures we see -- our bombs from our armed forces kill their people, and these are non-combatants -- women and children. see link.

by Anonymousreply 10404/19/2013

Uncle's interview was wild!

Not Chechen. But they are losers!

by Anonymousreply 10504/19/2013

The Uncle was a hot Daddy, too! Such intensity and a very good body.

by Anonymousreply 10604/19/2013

It's kind of weird that all of the family members who've spoken out so far haven't been in touch with the bombers or their parents in years. What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 10704/19/2013

I knew that he would slip the net when I saw the Watertown police spokesman on at 3 a.m. He sounded like Becky Jackson from Glee.

by Anonymousreply 10804/19/2013

The uncle is going insane on a news conference right now.

by Anonymousreply 10904/19/2013

[quote]JFC, I feel like I'm watching some surreal version of Dragnet on CNN right now. Holy FUCK BALLS!!

24, not Dragnet. You sound old.

by Anonymousreply 11004/19/2013

USAID/HED Funding Renewed for Ethiopia Capacity Building Project

Posted on February 25, 2013 by althea

A multidisciplinary, multi-university project aimed at building a skilled workforce and educational capacity within Ethiopia’s universities in the area of sustainable water resource management has received over $1.35 million in additional funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development/Higher Education for Development (USAID-HED) to continue its work. Since its official inception in 2010, the project has received nearly $2.5 million in USAID-HED funding.t

more at link

by Anonymousreply 11104/19/2013

Uganda Capacity Program

IntraHealth is leading a five-year, $11 million USAID-funded program to build the capacity of Ugandan institutions to plan for, develop, and strengthen the management of their health care workforce. Building on the success of the IntraHealth-led Capacity Project, IntraHealth is working with the Ministry of Health, other line ministries, and professional councils and will also be collaborating with Makerere University School of Public Health, Mbarara University, Gulu University, and the Uganda Management Institute.

by Anonymousreply 11204/19/2013

Homeland, not 24 r110.

And you sound like you are poor and lack basic cable.

by Anonymousreply 11304/19/2013

It's a safe bet that the older brother was the "brains" of the operation. So now this stupid little brother is left to his own devices. I hope they take him alive.

My son lives in Cambridge and he's walking around outside. He said it's like a syfy movie ... and a complete overreaction to what now is a mild threat.

by Anonymousreply 11504/19/2013

I empathize with the OP. I worked downtown NYC before, during and after 9/11. It was somewhat surreal; getting off the NY Waterway down by South Street Seaport and being greeted by military-clad individuals with assault rifles.

I live in the northern NJ suburbs. We have Picatinny Arsenal not far from where I live. I've seen plenty of military personnel but NOT with assault rifles.

by Anonymousreply 11704/19/2013

So this is all playing out next to the Arsenal Mall?

How weirdly fitting. It was once an explosive factory.

by Anonymousreply 11804/19/2013

"It's like how the TSA pats down little girls in strollers with their spine painfully exposed because of spina bifida because we are afraid to focus on the type of individual that is more likely to bomb the fuck out of us."

Most serial killers and mass shooters are white men but no one ever racially profiles THEM

90% of all murderers in general and 95% of mass murderers are male but no one ever says "Let's treat all males like criminals"

by Anonymousreply 11904/19/2013

Uganda is an especially poor example R112, since the President is the worst mass murderer alive on the planet today.

by Anonymousreply 12004/19/2013

The mother of the two Chechnyan brothers suspected of setting off two bombs at the Boston Marathon was arrested last year for allegedly stealing $1,600 worth of clothes from an upscale department store. Zubeidat K. Tsarnaeva, 45, was charged with two counts of malicious/wanton damage and defacement to property after allegedly swiping the merchandise from a Lord & Taylor in Natick, Mass. in June 2012.

by Anonymousreply 12204/19/2013

What will happen to the swat teams soiled in sweat underwear?

by Anonymousreply 12304/19/2013

So, she's the woman who took a dump at the department store!

by Anonymousreply 12404/19/2013

DL hates Russian Jews.

by Anonymousreply 12504/19/2013

[quote]...swiping merchandise from a Lord & Taylor

How ironic!

by Anonymousreply 12604/19/2013

Where is Rich Russian Lady??? Is she safe? Why isn't she posting?

by Anonymousreply 12704/19/2013

She at Clinique counter. Gift vit purchase. She busy.

by Anonymousreply 12804/19/2013

[quote]Most serial killers and mass shooters are white men but no one ever racially profiles THEM

Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't blowing up airplanes. And do YOU ever trust a white man who asks you to get in a van?

by Anonymousreply 12904/19/2013

How can I bang a swat team member? :(

by Anonymousreply 13104/19/2013

Hold me David; I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 13204/19/2013

I heard an NPR interview with the high school classmate of the younger brother. They attended a public school, Cambridge Rindge and Latin School. The Wiki page for that school already has been updated: [italic]On April 19, 2013, the two suspects in the bombing of the 2013 Boston Marathon, Dzhokar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, reportedly had attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin. They came the the United States from Chechnya in 2001.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 13304/19/2013

[quote]They came the the United States from Chechnya in 2001.

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 13404/19/2013

Larry Aaronson, a retired Cambridge Ringe & Latin social studies teacher, said Dzhokhar graduated last year.

“I will say to you, from the depth of my heart, he couldn’t have been sweeter,” he said. “He couldn’t have been more gracious, I knew him as nothing but a wonderful kid.”

Aaronson said Dzhokhar had lived in the war zone in Chechnya.

“I would talk to him about it and he would say, ‘Larry, you just adjust to it and I’m grateful to be here.’ He had such grace and everybody loved this kid. There was no anger or rage, or feeling like he was being bullied for being from Chechnya

He added: “This is so crazy, and it’s such a stupid thing to have done. It doesn’t make any sense. ... He couldn’t have been a more polite, you know, you couldn’t have been more polite. He couldn’t have been more precious. He couldn’t have been more appreciative of being here and going to school. There was nothing that would give any indication of this.”

by Anonymousreply 13504/19/2013

Yes, R134.

From The Boston Herald:

The surviving bomb suspect is Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old. His uncle, Ruslan Tsarni of Maryland, said Dzhokhar and the other suspect, who he said is named Tamerlan, are brothers who have been in the country since 2001.

by Anonymousreply 13604/19/2013

Matt D. and Ben A. went to that same high school.

by Anonymousreply 13704/19/2013

it's the city's public high school.

by Anonymousreply 13804/19/2013

A man who described himself as a friend of the suspects, Ahdi Moro, 22, of Watertown, said he was “shocked.”

“I would never think anything like that of them,” Moro said. “They were good kids.”

He said Tamerlan was a Golden Gloves boxer who is now the father of a 2-year-old and Dzhokhar was an all-star wrestler.

“He was a really quiet kid,” Moro said. “He was very popular at school, like, the most popular kid at school. He was a really good-looking kid. He’s as American as anybody. He grew up here. He’s like a regular Cambridge kid.”

He described Tamerlan as big and tough, and remembered how, on the first day of school, he was “picked on” by three kids — and beat up all three.

“These kids grew up around violence,” Moro said. “They were always not scared of anything.

by Anonymousreply 13904/19/2013

Academically elite public high school, r138.

by Anonymousreply 14004/19/2013

Older brother had a kid???

by Anonymousreply 14104/19/2013

Married AND had a daughter. Wonder where wife is.

by Anonymousreply 14204/19/2013

I wonder if the guy is dead somewhere. It is hard to believe that he is running around town. His face is everywhere. Maybe someone is hiding him?

by Anonymousreply 14304/19/2013

Their obnoxious aunt just had her 15 minutes of fame on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 14404/19/2013

Some interesting pictures from the Boston Globe.

by Anonymousreply 14504/19/2013

Anyone got the link for the dead body picture?

by Anonymousreply 14604/19/2013

He's in danger, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 14804/19/2013

Russian mob links, I'll bet.

by Anonymousreply 14904/19/2013

We know the why, R147. Don't get all high and mighty. Unlike you, we don't think the explanation excuses the bombings. It is possible to deplore our actions in the Middle East and the actions of Middle Eastern terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 15004/19/2013

Did the Datalounge cretins that insisted the bomber was the missing Brown University kid and ever come back to apologize with their tails between their legs?

by Anonymousreply 15104/19/2013

Those pics of an empty downtown Boston are creepy. Probably hasn't been that empty since the 1700's.

by Anonymousreply 15204/19/2013

I can't believe one little teenager emptied Boston. Central Park was filled on 9/11, and every restaurant on the UES was packed. You have to live your life.

by Anonymousreply 15304/19/2013

This is a different situation than 9/11. We have an armed and dangerous person on the loose. He could kidnap someone and force them to shelter him - in fact he might have done that already - hence the door-to-door search. He could carjack someone or he could still set off more bombs. He has guns and more bombs. And he might just use them.

On 9/11, despite the fear, there was no real danger after the planes crashed into the buildings. We were worried that more could happen, but there wasn't a nutjob running loose in our neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 15404/19/2013

r130, re. the Black Eyed Kids. I heard something about them on Coast-to-Coast, that creepy, middle of the night talk radio show about the paranormal, unexplained and just plain freaky phenomena. I saw the show on TV last night and couldn't watch - I don't need anything else to be afraid of. But yes, could someone please start a thread about Black Eyed Kids.

by Anonymousreply 15504/19/2013

The father of the terrorists said he spoke to his oldest son after the bombing and the son told him they were safe and had not been near the incident. This was just reported on NPR.

by Anonymousreply 15604/19/2013

[quote]Did the Datalounge cretins that insisted the bomber was the missing Brown University kid and ever come back to apologize with their tails between their legs?

Apologize to whom? And for what? On 9/11 the Mainstream Media reported for over an hour that Flight 93 crashed at Camp David. They later wrote it off to "the fog of war."

Wae had a "fog of war" episode on DL last night. So what? The wrong info was spreading all over the Internet, not just on DL. To whom should we apologize, R151, you?

by Anonymousreply 15704/19/2013

Get a grip, OP. Its like a snow day, not a horror movie. You're not in danger. Enjoy having the day off from work.

by Anonymousreply 15804/19/2013

[quote]If a bunch of Americans kept committing terrorists acts in another country, and I went to that country,

IF??????? We do it every single fucking day.

by Anonymousreply 15904/19/2013

R157 = proudly ignorant cretin, and the reason why this country is fucked

by Anonymousreply 16004/19/2013

This:

by Anonymousreply 16104/19/2013

I never said my explanation excuses the bombings R150. The bombings are horrible and the bombers should be brought to juctice. But I bet Kabul does not shut down after every drone attack. What I am saying is the action of the US in the last 10 years has led to exponential swelling of Islam terrorist organizations and offshoots all over the world and in our own country! Ask yourself how successful or to what purpose our conduct of those two wars were and have been. What is/was the goal? We should have nailed Osama early (Bush pulled the special forces out to invade Iraq), never invaded Iraq and never widened the Afgan war. So yeah, I think we have increased the threat of Islamic terror world wide, absolutely. Does not excuse what happened in Boston- but you have to admit, all the shaking people like the terrified OP should think twice about what people in countries were we have been waging spurious wars have to endure on a daily basis.

In my view, we are kind of like the Israelis- we are feeding the (fundemental terrorist) beast exactly what they want. And Americans couldn't give a rats ass about the lives of chidren in Afganistan killed by CIA (American) drones and special forces as "collateral" damage. It's routine. After all, they are Muslim- poor and on the other side of the world.

by Anonymousreply 16204/19/2013

I am not proud of my ignorance. I want to be informed. I will readily admit to being misled last night but I was equally misled on 9/11 when they said Flight 93 crashed at Camp David. I was misled again when the MSM said Saddam had a vast arsenal of WMDs.

We had an intense discussion on DL last night as the drama played out in real time. Bad info got distributed across the Internet and DL was part of that. We didn't ORIGINATE the bad info. We accepted it because it seemed to be the correct set of facts at the time.

To whom do we owe an apology for following a story and discussing it amongst ourselves?

This country is fucked because of Wall Street and the Pentagon. Not because of little nobodies like me who follow the passing parade on the Internet and occasionally pipe in with our own opinions.

by Anonymousreply 16304/19/2013

Almost as exciting as when the FBI cornered the members of the SLA who kidnapped Patty Hearst in the 70's and the shoot out and bombing of their safe house was televised.

Yes, I am old.

by Anonymousreply 16404/19/2013

The dead brother, in addition to boxing, studied piano and acting.

by Anonymousreply 16504/19/2013

I love how R163 is still trying to argue that spreading debunked rumors as if they were fact was just "following a story and discussing it."

And for someone that thought he did nothing wrong, he sure gets his panties in a wad repeatedly defending himself.

by Anonymousreply 16604/19/2013

And R167 thinks the West's involvement in Islamic countries started with the Iraqi invasion?

You can lead a jackass to water, but you can't discuss world history with it.

by Anonymousreply 16804/19/2013

R166, please explain to whom we are supposed to apologize.

Those of us who sat up all night following this story did so out of intense curiosity and a desire to know the truth. We believed in a false story that seemed credible until it was disproved. They weren't "debunked rumors" in the dead of night, right or wrong, they were the latest news at the time. It wasn't until nearly six in the morning that the Brown student's name was cleared by the FBI.

So what do you require? Do you want a pound of our flesh? You keep demanding an apology but you won't say WHO requires the apology and for what. It's not like we are still clinging to the wrong set of facts.

I can't help but wonder what sort of agenda you think we were trying to promote when all we were doing was following a tale using the info we had at hand.

by Anonymousreply 16904/19/2013

R1 is idiot of the year

by Anonymousreply 17004/19/2013

Notices on the highway home on the electronic billboards to be on the look out for a gray Honda with Mass. plates. Gave the license plate number. The first billboard said to look out for a [italic]green[/italic] Honda. Then the next one said gray. (I'm in the Hartford area.)

by Anonymousreply 17104/19/2013

OK, this is getting boring. I stayed up last night following this well into the wee hours of the morning and was up again at 6 am.

I think the kid is dead.

by Anonymousreply 17204/19/2013

Fine R168, lets take it back to the crusades. Whatever, I know what the outcome will be for you: everything is America's fault. happy now? you win. we deserve to be terrorized.

You know how people at parties avoid conversation with you? It isn't because they're intimidated by your intelligence, it's because they find you to be a pompous bore.

by Anonymousreply 17304/19/2013

Stay with us R172!

by Anonymousreply 17404/19/2013

No R173, it is not like that at all. We need to protect ourselves from terrorists- just not by invading countries. We did NOT win the Cold War with our weapons alone. In fact we won the cold war with out institutions and our culture and our economic freedoms and affluence. The wanted what we had. Short of attack and needed defense, our way of life is our best "weapon" against Fundementalist terror.

After all the West has essentially been trying to control the Middle East since the Royal Navy went from coal to oil... and the Americans became dominant in world oil markets after the 2nd World War. Mix in the Israeli side show and we have what we have.

Consider how ridiculous it all is. The CIA installed the Bathists and Sadaam H during the Carter administration. The CIA and the Pentegon armed the Taliban during the Afgani-Russian war in the 80s. And then 20 years later we are at war with the monsters that we created in order to maintain control of the oil we must have to provide for our voracious energy needs. And we garb our involvement in freedom and democracy (Bush, what an idiot) which any fool can see through pretty quickly (except George W Bush who was the biggest foolish head of state in West perhaps in the last 100 years.)

Yes we most certainly have had a role in digging the hole of Islamist terror- along with the UK.

Pays to know a bit about world history.

Now these kids from C. may or may not be terrorists. But it is young men like these all over the world who fall into the radcial Islamist recruitment meme that has a helluva a good case for a 100 plus years of Anglo- American abuse of Middle Eastern Muslim populations- big time. Terror is not a way to achieve things other than more terror- or rather violence begets violence. On the other hand a heck of a lot more violence has occurred in the Middle East at the hands of Anglo-American interests and military might than has occurred in either country by the hand of Islamic terror- yes going back to the beginning of the 20 Century over the commodity of oil. And as I have pointed out on other posts on this thread- violence we beget more than equals that of terrorists right now if you count the wars we have been conducting both overt and covert.

Yeah, and its complicated- lots of Islamic self destruction and violence as well. But I think you can get the big picture. We need to get our weapons of mass distruction OUT of the Middle East and minimize our dependence on foreign oil. International Islamist terror will dry up.

by Anonymousreply 17504/19/2013

[quote]Islamists have been attacking the West long before we invaded Iraq. Ask Rushdie.

Your use of the word "Islamist" a. is quite telling; b. is an clear sign that you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 17604/19/2013

I wonder how much CNN is commanding for commercials these past few days? Superbowl prices?

by Anonymousreply 17704/19/2013

Cambridge Rindge and Latin is not some kind of elite or exam school. It's the city high school.

by Anonymousreply 17804/19/2013

Does anyone know if there were reports that Suspect #2 was injured? The Guardian says that CBS or one of the other networks is now referring to him as "missing" not "on the run." If the older brother sustained so many bullet injuries that the hospital couldn't count, I imagine that the younger one was also hit. I'm wondering if he ran off, didn't get far due to injuries and crawled somewhere and bled to death.

by Anonymousreply 17904/19/2013

We. All. Know. That. R175. I can see you get off acting like the only informed person, but you're not telling us anything we don't already know.

by Anonymousreply 18104/19/2013

[quote] But yes, could someone please start a thread about Black Eyed Kids.

No. We're not all retarded believers in the paranormal, which is the same as superstition and religion.

Go someplace else if you want to excite yourself with campfire stories. Those of us who live and work in the real world don't want to hear about the ways in which you make yourselves scared.

by Anonymousreply 18204/19/2013

[quote] The mother of the two Chechnyan brothers suspected of setting off two bombs at the Boston Marathon was arrested last year for allegedly stealing $1,600 worth of clothes from an upscale department store. Zubeidat K. Tsarnaeva, 45, was charged with two counts of malicious/wanton damage and defacement to property after allegedly swiping the merchandise from a Lord & Taylor in Natick, Mass. in June 2012.

I told you. Chechens are gangsters. So are Georgians, Albanians and Osetians.

by Anonymousreply 18304/19/2013

And Armenians, R183. Especially the Russian ones.

by Anonymousreply 18404/19/2013

looks like the lockdown has been lifted

by Anonymousreply 18504/19/2013

He could be climbin in yo window, snatchin all you people up, tryin to bomb them. You betta hide yo kids, hide yo wife and hide yo husband cuz they bombin everybody out here.

You don't have to come and confess what you did, cuz we lookin fo you now. We gone find you. So run and tell that, homeboy!

by Anonymousreply 18604/19/2013

The father returned to Chechnya, the mom's shoplifting and the family has a Mercedes?

[quote]Gilberto Junior, 44, said that the man, who has been identified as Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, appeared to be “very nervous.”

[quote]“He was biting his fingernails, and was shaky,” Junior said.

[quote]Tsarnaev had dropped of the car, which Junior described as a white Mercedes wagon, at the auto shop about two weeks earlier. It had rear bumper damage, and Tsarnaev had said it was his girlfriend’s. On Tuesday, when Tsarnaev suddenly returned, Junior told him the car wasn’t ready.

[quote]“I don’t care, I don’t care, I don’t care, I need the car right now,” Tsarnaev said, according to Junior.

[quote]The mechanic said Tsarnaev took the car without its rear bumper on.

by Anonymousreply 18704/19/2013

[quote] The father returned to Chechnya, the mom's shoplifting and the family has a Mercedes?

The oldest son was 26 and had a kid. I'm guessing he had a job.

by Anonymousreply 18804/19/2013

HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!! HE'S IN DANGER GURL!!!

by Anonymousreply 18904/19/2013

Looks like he skipped outya Watertown. Latest report from a high-ranking police official is they think he's "still in Massachusetts."

by Anonymousreply 19004/19/2013

I'm not sure what kind of a well-paying job a long-time community college student and amateur boxer could have. Heh, heh.

by Anonymousreply 19104/19/2013

The brothers were fans of hip hop.

by Anonymousreply 19204/19/2013

He had the money for a round trip to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 19304/19/2013

Sounds like they shot the betch.

by Anonymousreply 19404/19/2013

Mika Brzezinski is a fucking idiot. She was breathless this morning, sounding like an enthralled frau. Then she couldn't pronounce Sheremetyevo and identified it as a town as opposed to the name of the frigging international airport outside of Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 19504/19/2013

They're not going to let him live, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 19604/19/2013

She's trapped!

by Anonymousreply 19704/19/2013

Can you fathom how much this is costing?

by Anonymousreply 19804/19/2013

I think they would want him to live to find out if they were part of a bigger group.

by Anonymousreply 19904/19/2013

If they kill him, we'll never hear the end of the conspiracy theories. Please let them get him alive.

by Anonymousreply 20004/19/2013

Don't worry, every small business will put their hand out for government money because of the business they supposedly lost today.

by Anonymousreply 20104/19/2013

Latest report says they didn't rob a convenience store. They just stopped there to get gas.

by Anonymousreply 20204/19/2013

What were they driving at the convenience store? What caused them to flee and carjack the Mercedes?

by Anonymousreply 20304/19/2013

[quote]They're not going to let him live, that's for sure.

It turns out your are quite wrong.

by Anonymousreply 20404/19/2013

They've got him. He's in custody.

by Anonymousreply 20504/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.