Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pastor Rick Warren's Son (a suicide), Was Gay.

Maybe I missed this on DL, but the anti-gay minister Rick Warren's son, the recent suicide, was gay.

by Anonymousreply 3304/20/2013

Of course

by Anonymousreply 104/19/2013

Gods way of giving him the finger. I only wish the son was alive for that lesson.

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2013

It's too bad the son gave it up in a moment of madness and threw it all away.

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2013

MSNBC reporting that second suspect is in building that has motion-detection alarms going off. SWAT teams responding.

by Anonymousreply 404/19/2013

Oops.

by Anonymousreply 504/19/2013

Heterosexuals can say they hate you because you are gay and gay people will do the rest whether it's not taking care of their health or committing suicide. Gay people need to be tough. Gay people need to recognize heterosexuals are for heterosexual-only or heterosexual-better and those ideas always are the flip side of anti-gay bigotry. Ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 604/19/2013

This R6 is why almost all my friends are gay and I have my Gold Star.

Straights that want to befriend me always wont some thing. Oh, I am redecorating my place can you help.... whats for dinner your such a good cook....Im moving again, dont you have a truck right?

by Anonymousreply 704/19/2013

You mean he didn't see those "It Gets Better" commercials?

by Anonymousreply 804/19/2013

Rick Warren murdered his son.

He might not have physically killed him but he 100% created the situation that precipitated it happening.

He is completely guilty in my book. I bet he still sleeps at night, absolutely confident in himself and what he preaches to the world. I don't think for one moment that this monster has any regret and doubt about how he's treated his son.

by Anonymousreply 904/19/2013

Blood on his hands through words.

by Anonymousreply 1004/19/2013

This is OP, but did you hear of this at all, that the boy was gay, in any of the news outlets? I only discovered it tonight by accident.

by Anonymousreply 1104/19/2013

R11 No. And it's in "The Washington Times" which is a conservative paper. They may have information on whether he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 1204/19/2013

I hope he's found peace now. He never really had that.

by Anonymousreply 1304/19/2013

I read it on HuffPo.

by Anonymousreply 1404/19/2013

Well of course he was gay, and his rat bastard father's words finally did him in. I am not gay, but I have listened to the cruel, critical biting words of my mother for 48 years every time I talk to her, which is as infrequently as possible.

There is only so much seething hate one can absorb from the person who is responsible for one's birth. I am so sad that he couldn't get the hell away from the toxic parents as I did. While I shall likely never feel good about myself, at least I gave it a chance. I wonder why he stayed in their home so long?

by Anonymousreply 1504/19/2013

The son's "I know I'm going to heaven, so why can I just go now and stop the pain" stuff makes me think he was a "good" gay who never acted on his "sinful" impulses. Poor bastard.

by Anonymousreply 1604/19/2013

Where does it say Matthew was gay? It says he was "reportedly gay", but gives no sources, and the writer just uses that as a starting point for taking about homosexuality and religion. The only "reports" have been speculation. Many are trying to claim Matthew was gay to say "look what his father's homophobia did!" But, depression is more likely and Matthew had a history of mental illness which had been mentioned publicly before he died.

Even this article claims that Rick Warren retracted his initial support of Prop 8 and then had a more ambiguous attitude towards sexuality. The article also says Rick had an excellent relationship with his son. So, where is the "proof" that Matthew killed himself because of his father's religious disapproval of his purported homosexuality?

by Anonymousreply 1704/19/2013

Well like whats he going to say, oh I had a bad relationship with my son and that is why he killed himself?

by Anonymousreply 1804/19/2013

The person who wrote that article and said Matthew was gay also said Matthew and Rick also had an excellent relationship with his father. So, he's basically saying Matthew may have killed himself for apparently being gay but his father, regardless of his attitude to homosexuality, always showed his son love and tried to have a good relationship with him. Why would that lead to him killing himself then?

by Anonymousreply 1904/19/2013

Way to go, Pastor Rick.

by Anonymousreply 2004/19/2013

That ain't official OP. It's a community journal.

by Anonymousreply 2104/19/2013

So...that does not mean it's not true.

by Anonymousreply 2204/19/2013

Yeah, sure, Rick — your son "struggled with mental illness his whole life."

It was something you told him was mental illness. Or worse.

Burn in hell, fucker.

by Anonymousreply 2404/19/2013

[quote]The article also says Rick had an excellent relationship with his son.

That doesn't mean they had an excellent relationship.

News reports yesterday said the two Boston bombers had only been in the U.S. for one year. You probably believed that when you read it.

by Anonymousreply 2504/19/2013

Obama made this nutcase a star.

by Anonymousreply 2604/20/2013

"Excellent relationship" = Pastor Rick didn't banish him from the family. I'm sure it was a crazy-making "I love you as long as you repress your urges" deal.

by Anonymousreply 2704/20/2013

I agree with R9. Except for the story in the Washington Times, I hadn't seen any other media mention that connected the son with the possibility of being gay.

by Anonymousreply 2804/20/2013

Rick took the pole out of his eye and ran it as a stake through his son's heart.

Join the living damned, Rick.

by Anonymousreply 2904/20/2013

"Well, he never sucked *MY* cock."

by Anonymousreply 3004/20/2013

I'm sure Jon Schlafly thinks his Abusive Vicious Mother is a saint.

by Anonymousreply 3104/20/2013

He needed a little DP action. Takes the stress off.

by Anonymousreply 3204/20/2013

Religious right wingers always fuck up raising kids. The nuttiest families ever.

by Anonymousreply 3304/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.