Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Joel McHale on gay rumors: I take it as a compliment

Or so he tells The Advocate.

by Anonymousreply 3704/21/2013

I've never even thought he might be remotely gay since my gaydar doesn't go off when I see him. That said, despite the fact the's tall and cute in the face, his ridiculous hairpiece makes it hard for me to consider him an object of lust. He really should consider keeping his hair buzzed short...or wearing hats.

by Anonymousreply 104/18/2013

I think the 17 year marriage is an excellent cover for his homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 204/18/2013

He's a cock-gobbler. I can tell.

by Anonymousreply 304/18/2013

buttaface.

by Anonymousreply 404/18/2013

god I love him

by Anonymousreply 504/18/2013

Not that I've bothered reading/seeing all that many of his interviews, but in the ones I've seen the guy seems to constantly, endlessly talk about his sons, especially the older boy, and about how brilliant/perfect/awesome/funny the child is. He doesn't really mention his wife. I don't think he's gay but he doesn't seem to be into his wife. He'll probably have nothing to talk about at all once his kids finally get old enough to have independent lives of their own.

by Anonymousreply 604/18/2013

He's trying to say the right things, but he's trying too hard.

Why would he consider speculation that he's gay to be a compliment -- or not a compliment, for that matter? It's a trait like being right- or left-handed. Neither option should be considered a compliment, just a fact.

by Anonymousreply 704/19/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 804/19/2013

I don't fuck men but it's fantastic that others think I do!

by Anonymousreply 904/19/2013

Well, what else is he going to say?

by Anonymousreply 1004/19/2013

"Why would he consider speculation that he's gay to be a compliment -- or not a compliment, for that matter?"

Cause y'all only claim the pretty boys.

by Anonymousreply 1104/19/2013

Joel wears a rug? Tell me it ain't so!

by Anonymousreply 1204/19/2013

[quote]Joel wears a rug? Tell me it ain't so!

yes. back when he was just a comedian and did commercials he had much much less hair

by Anonymousreply 1304/19/2013

[quote]his ridiculous hairpiece makes it hard for me to consider him an object of lust.

Even John Travolta thinks, "Um,no." It's terrible and I can't stand looking at him. It's worse than early Elton John plugs.

by Anonymousreply 1404/19/2013

You nest of vipers, Joel has been cultivating a crop of natural hair for a decade now.

by Anonymousreply 1504/19/2013

I don't think he's gay but I hate that this has become the go-to excuse for straight men and closet cases to deflect the gay question. "I take it as a compliment!" It's so condescending and phony and obviously cooked up by some PR nitwit.

by Anonymousreply 1604/19/2013

[quote]"I take it as a compliment!" It's so condescending and phony and obviously cooked up by some PR nitwit.

What sort of response would meet with your approval...'i aint no fuckin' fagget'?

I always thought he seemed très gai. I mean that as a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 1704/19/2013

He gives off no vibe whatsoever. And I think his hair is the real thing.

by Anonymousreply 1804/19/2013

There is a difference between rumors and speculation. I've never seen either for this guy.

R16 Yes, it's a PR answer. Practically every answer heterosexual celebrities make that are positive are PR generated. It's a magic 8 ball for the public. We all know there are a certain number of manufactured answers that will be spoken. It's just a matter of which one will be spoken.

by Anonymousreply 1904/19/2013

He's talked about how gay dominant the writing staff at the Soup is, he owes his career to it, why can't he be genuinely a homophile?

by Anonymousreply 2004/19/2013

You need to read the whole article. It sounds much less slick than it does taken out of context.

by Anonymousreply 2104/19/2013

[quote]I've seen the guy seems to constantly, endlessly talk about his sons, especially the older boy, and about how brilliant/perfect/awesome/funny the child is.

The kid went through open heart surgery at 2 months of age and almost died. We'll give Joel a pass on this one.

by Anonymousreply 2204/19/2013

Yeah, to DL queens, it's a sign of mental deficiency to talk about something personal, like your children.

This from the same people who expend hours discussing pubic hair.

by Anonymousreply 2304/19/2013

didn't know that, r22. yup, he gets a pass.

by Anonymousreply 2404/19/2013

Thanks for the pass, guys. You're the best!

by Anonymousreply 2504/19/2013

Yeah, the hair is pretty phony looking. But I can look past it for everything else he offers.

by Anonymousreply 2604/19/2013

Have you checked his pecs R26?

by Anonymousreply 2704/19/2013

I am, admittedly, awful at noticing fake hair, but his looks real to me. Sometimes he has it styles that could no way be a toupe, or am I naive?

by Anonymousreply 2804/19/2013

He has fascinating nipple placement. They're practically in his armpits.

by Anonymousreply 2904/19/2013

IFHH.

by Anonymousreply 3004/20/2013

Agree R16. I think he's fake. But as others have stated, that's the PC answer you give if you want to have a career.

by Anonymousreply 3104/20/2013

R19 Agree, it's a PR answer. It means nothing. As R7 said, he's trying to say the right thing but he's trying too hard. Also agree on "neither option should be considered a compliment, just a fact".

by Anonymousreply 3204/20/2013

What else CAN he say?

by Anonymousreply 3304/20/2013

"I take it like a man"?

by Anonymousreply 3404/20/2013

Of course his hair is fake. He started some sort of replacement around the time he was in The Informant with Matt Damon.

by Anonymousreply 3504/20/2013

I wonder if Mankini is gay.

by Anonymousreply 3604/20/2013

[quote]his ridiculous hairpiece makes it hard for me to consider him an object of lust

Normally I would agree, but he's the textbook example of a hairpiece really working.

He was starting to look frumpy before it but that made him look hot again and younger. Most cases bald is advisable but some guys need the hair and look better with it.

I liked him in Ted where his looks were referred to. What is with the "gay rumours" though. Um why? Never crossed my mind other than the wishful thinking way.

by Anonymousreply 3704/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.