Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you find Beyonce's success baffling?

There are so many singers out there just like her like Ciaran and Cassie and yet out of all of them she goes on to become a mega-millionaire success. She probably got to where she is today because she was the first female who knew how to dance in a provocative way and wasn't afraid to sell her pride and dignity in exchange for money.

by Anonymousreply 2804/19/2013

Her dad was actually very smart and determined to make her a star. Her career started to go downhill after she dumped him. I have always liked Beyoncé but it looks like she is over.

by Anonymousreply 104/18/2013

Its the Creole voodoo

by Anonymousreply 204/18/2013

[quote]she was the first female who knew how to dance in a provocative way and wasn't afraid to sell her pride and dignity in exchange for money.

Say what?

by Anonymousreply 304/18/2013

Not really. She's pretty and talented (on top of being an egomaniacal bitch)...plus she married well.

by Anonymousreply 404/18/2013

If you think Ciara and Cassie sing like her then you don't know a THING about singing so of course you'd be baffled.

Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 504/18/2013

Is there someone on this site completely and utterly obsessed with this woman? There are 6, 7 or 20 threads a day on her. Christ! Write a fucking blog.

by Anonymousreply 604/18/2013

I'm far less baffled by her success than Lady Gaga's.

by Anonymousreply 704/18/2013

She's the Velveeta of pop, processed for the consumerist, know-nothing, lazy market she taps into like a hypodermic of warm artificial goo. And being stupid she believes her press and accepts the dishonest machinations of her handlers. A burnished, empty idiot - perfect for her fan base.

She makes Mariah Carey look like a paragon of integrity.

by Anonymousreply 804/18/2013

I wish I could believe r1 but she doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 904/19/2013

Not really. Sure, she's pretty derpy and self-involved, but she's also multi-talented (reasonable actress, good singer, great dancer). She also follows the rule of her buddy Fishsticks (who learned from Madonna), which is: always be professional and put on a good show. One thing about Beyonce, she's never crashed or done something really awful to herself. No shaved-head, beaver-flashing Britney antics, no awful "comeback" spot on the VMAs where she sleepwalks through a performance. She always does it super professional and well.

by Anonymousreply 1004/19/2013

Y'all better shut the fuck up before you disturb BEYBOT. That bitch'll cut you good.

by Anonymousreply 1104/19/2013

Oh lord, there's a BeyBot too?

by Anonymousreply 1204/19/2013

Well said, R10

by Anonymousreply 1304/19/2013

I'm excited, is r10 BeyBot?

by Anonymousreply 1404/19/2013

Oh, please, r10 and r13, get a fucking clue. She is very minimally talented and does not deserve the obscene amount of money she makes.

by Anonymousreply 1504/19/2013

Who does, R15?

by Anonymousreply 1604/19/2013

Kandi Buruss's tongue-in-cheek female empowerment songwriting is what truly helped Destiny's Child become huge. DC's first album was more neo-soul and slow jam oriented but that changed once they dumbed down their sound for club-ready more hip-hop oriented songs. She wrote most of DC's breakthrough ghetto fabolous anthems 'Bills Bills Bills', 'Bug a Boo', 'Jumpin Jumpin' and that cheesy female anthem formula is something Beyonce just took and ran with for the rest of her career. Independent Women, Bootylicious, & Single Ladies anyone?

by Anonymousreply 1804/19/2013

Of course, Kandi first started off using that formula with TLC on No Scrubs. I've always believed that Beyonce is also very lucky that Left Eye and Aaliyah both died. Both TLC and Aaliyah were musically superior to Destiny's Child-which really was just Beyonce & Backup singers.

by Anonymousreply 1904/19/2013

Beyonce and friends r19.

Friends...

by Anonymousreply 2004/19/2013

R19 totally agree with you on the Aaliyah part. She was on the verge of transitioning to Pop and would have had a great movie career.

by Anonymousreply 2104/19/2013

TLC was the best R&B girls group of all time.

But I've never understood the appeal of Aaliyah. I put her in the Janet Jackson category: her singing just sounded like whispering to me.

by Anonymousreply 2204/19/2013

But there are alot people who are making music whose success is baffling. Why do you single out Beyonce? What about Katy Perry, One Direction, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake and Madonna. But I guess you needed to create another I hate Beyonce thread. I don't think Beyonce is that talented either but at least she worked hard to get where she is. Unlike reality star trash like Kardashian who makes millions doing absolutely nothing with zero talent.

by Anonymousreply 2404/19/2013

R22, Aaliyah had more charisma than Beyonce. Her voice was soft but pleasant on the ears and definitely not as insufferable as Beyonce's caterwauling. Her last album was critically acclaimed as very forward-thinking and innovative for R&B. Her dance moves were more sleek and elegant. She didn't just bootypop. She also was a more intelligent & stylish gal. She graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA. Timbaland was infatuated with her and provided her with electro-pop beats (Try Again, More than a Woman) a decade before it finally became a trend on the pop charts. He admitted to saving his best work for her. Justin Timberlake is another one who has benefitted from her death. Many of the songs on his solo album were originally meant for Aaliyah.

by Anonymousreply 2504/19/2013

R22, Aaliyah had more vocal range than she's given credit. She rarely went in for vocal histrionics but technically she was a much better singer than Beyonce because she had control. And she did most of her backing vocals. Many stars do that but when you listen to the vocal arrangements on ONE IN A MILLION and realize she was only 15 when she recorded that, it's pretty impressive. Not to mention her diction was much better than most contemporary singers.

And like R25 said, she had so much more charisma (and beauty, talent, etc) than Beyonce ever did.

by Anonymousreply 2604/19/2013

Akasha!!!

by Anonymousreply 2704/19/2013

Hell YES

And her gay husband is just as ugly!

by Anonymousreply 2804/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.