Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Justified" on FX

I guess I'm late to the party. I'd always heard good things about this show, and I like Elmore Leonard, so this week I sat down and watched the entire first season on Amazon Prime streaming. I must say I enjoyed it. It was not at all what I expected, however. I thought it would be all about catching moonshiners in the woods, but there was hardly anything about that-- and one episode was even set in California.

I find it odd that they based it on a short story--did the story just provide the basic characters? It took me a while to figure out the Crowders, since so many of them had similar names: Bo, Bowman, Boyd.

I'm ready for Seasons 2, 3, and 4. What am I in for? (No spoilers, please!)

by Anonymousreply 10504/24/2015

How can we tell you what you are in for without spoilers?

by Anonymousreply 104/18/2013

Stick with it. It's good.

by Anonymousreply 204/18/2013

Season two is spectacular, with one magical (female) performance on op of excellent work by all the other actors.

by Anonymousreply 304/18/2013

Walton Higgins is a god. How that man doesn't have a mantelful of Emmys is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 404/18/2013

[quote]Season two is spectacular, with one magical (female) performance on op of excellent work by all the other actors.

Steve K is absolutely right. I've enjoyed each season, but season two was perfection. Though I think there were two magical female performances: Margo Martindale, who is perfection in everything, and Kaitlyn Dever, who played a young girl whose sad lot in life seems to keep getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 504/18/2013

[quote]I find it odd that they based it on a short story--did the story just provide the basic characters?

Pretty much. The short story doesn't illustrate much more than black Town Car-driving Raylan and the Leonard-esque dialogue he uses. Agreed with the earlier posters about Margo Martindale, but I'll also note that she won an Emmy for her season-two performance (I think Best Supporting Actress in a Dramatic Role). One episode was set in California probably because the show is filmed there, which is the one thing I don't like about it; the scenery doesn't even remotely resemble that of Kentucky.

I haven't watched the most recent season yet, but I would assume it's as good as the previous ones.

by Anonymousreply 604/18/2013

I just watched the first episode of Season 2 and Margo was amazing! I LOVE her on "The Americans," and she's really just a totally different character here.

So was it ever explained why Raylan has a Town Car? I'm sure it can't be a government vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 704/18/2013

No, OP, his vehicle choice has never been explained, or even commented upon.

by Anonymousreply 804/18/2013

I love Ava and the woman who plays her.

by Anonymousreply 904/18/2013

r4: Walton GOGGINS. He is an amazing actor, I agree.

If you liked season 1, stick around because the show gets better every season (though season 2 with Margo Martindale as Mags is a standout). The writing for this show is wonderful. IMO this has been one of the consistently best shows on TV in recent years.

by Anonymousreply 1111/17/2014

Walton Goggins is one of the most underrated actors working, he's fucking amazing in everything I've seen him in. His recent stint as transvestite Venus, on Sons of Anarchy should get him an Emmy nomination.

by Anonymousreply 1211/17/2014

Is it true they were supposed to kill off Goggins' character is season one?

by Anonymousreply 1311/17/2014

Watched episodes one and two from season one. I'm liking it OK.. I want to love it, as I'm a big Goggins fan. But that chick Ava and her fucking flirty baby voice. Ugh. Does her character get any better?

by Anonymousreply 1411/18/2014

r14: Ava's character changes significantly as time goes on. Stick around is all I will say.

by Anonymousreply 1511/18/2014

Anyone know why they are ending the show after this next season?

by Anonymousreply 1611/18/2014

[quote]Anyone know why they are ending the show after this next season?

Probably because they are smart.

The best shows know when to call it quits: (Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men..) As opposed to meandering all over the place/shitty writing/ratings dropping/getting cancelled: (Dexter, Two and a Half Men, Glee, Prison Break)

by Anonymousreply 1711/18/2014

On season two now. That bitch ex wife of his is working my last nerve.

by Anonymousreply 1812/27/2014

Stick with it boys. It evolves slowly at the same time it is speeding along. In the meantime, you can make up your mind if Tim Gutterson (Jacob Pitts) has a lard-ass or not. He'd still be sexy, just not as.

*Tiny spoiler*

It's time, though. A blessed event is the death-knell for any series.

by Anonymousreply 1912/27/2014

R19, let me guess, he knocks up his ex? Let me know now so I can stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 2001/01/2015

Last season wasn't the best. I don't think the Crowe family really worked as the "big bad" to go up against. They also kept Raylan and Boyd separated for most of the year, and Ava separated from everyone. That season finale, the last scene in particular, gave me hope that they can turn it around for the last season. We shall see.

The "blessed event" is so far removed from the action that it didn't bother me. Raylan strikes me as a character that will always be married to his job.

by Anonymousreply 2101/01/2015

Watch all the seasons, OP. Season 1 is nothing in comparison to the subsequent seasons.

Jeremy Davies steals every scene he's in. Gimme some Dickie Bennett!

There's one scene where he's standing trial; he gets so emotionally caught up in the judge's delivery he spontaneously yells out "Amen!" as if he were emotionally reacting to a church pastor's emotionally moving come-to-Jesus sermon.

by Anonymousreply 2201/01/2015

Justified is a decent show, Banshee is similar but miles better. Check it out

by Anonymousreply 2301/01/2015

I hate the term "big bad". Just another reason that I hate BTVS.

by Anonymousreply 2401/01/2015

Between streaming season 4 and the DVDs of season 5, I'm finally caught up and can watch the final season in real time! (I didn't have cable back when it first premiered.)

I hope we get to see more of four-kidneyed Dewey Crowe.

by Anonymousreply 2501/01/2015

R24, what is BTVS?

by Anonymousreply 2601/02/2015

Buffy the vampire slayer, [R26]..

by Anonymousreply 2701/02/2015

That guy from CSI NY showing his ass in the last season was hot!

by Anonymousreply 2801/02/2015

Final season premieres Tues., 1/20 at 10PM on FX. Based on the last episode of season 5, I gather that they're going to focus on the Raylan-Boyd-Ava triangle for the final season. And Boyd is going to go back to robbing banks (under the aegis of Mary Steeburgen.)

by Anonymousreply 2901/02/2015

I hope Mary's surgery has settled some.

by Anonymousreply 3001/02/2015

I agree with everything you said, R21. Michael Rapaport's terrible southern accent and bad acting in general were so distracting. Worse than that, other than Dewey, no one in the Crowe family was the least bit interesting. Compare them to Mags Bennett (or the pitch black comedy of the Robert Quarles season) and they just seem like a collection of half-baked cartoon characters.

I kind of understand why they went outside of Harlan County though. Given how small it is, what are the odds that you would keep having new kingpin villains pop up inside of it? They needed a new locale from which to import some baddies so they could save Raylan taking on Boyd mano a mano for the last season.

R23 - Other than the sex scenes, how is Banshee a better show? Granted, I've only seen season one and the first episode of season two, so maybe it gets better after that.

by Anonymousreply 3101/05/2015

I stopped watching - Did Raylan ever get back with his ex wife, did she have the kid?

by Anonymousreply 3201/16/2015

R32 She had the kid, and is living in Florida. At the end of last season, Raylan was given the option to transfer to Miami to be with/near her, but things changed and he decided to stay. But maybe since this is the final season, he'll end up there at the end of the series.

by Anonymousreply 3301/16/2015

For anyone who's watching AHS-Freak Show, do you think NPH (as he's made up for his character) looks exactly like Dewey Crowe?

by Anonymousreply 3401/16/2015

OK, who watched the final season premiere last night? I was sort of expecting to see Mary Steenburgen, but I guess she'll be showing up soon. Walton Goggins looked quite different -- must be something to do with his other role in "Sons of Anarchy."

by Anonymousreply 3501/21/2015

The main problems with this show, for me, is Oliphant's 'young Clint Eastwood' performance, which is too laconic, too glib for me to care about the character.

Also the Raylan - Wynona storyline and the tone of their exchanges. Comedy and crime can mix (e.g. the Sopranos) but in this show, the lurching from extreme violence to 'screw ball comedy' type repartee is just jarring, I found.

It's worth watching however for Goggins, he's just great.

by Anonymousreply 3601/21/2015

I miss seeing Jere Burns and his *cough* bodyguard in their sleep masks and silky little shorty robes.

by Anonymousreply 3701/21/2015

Dewey!!

by Anonymousreply 3802/03/2015

[quote]The "blessed event" is so far removed from the action that it didn't bother me. Raylan strikes me as a character that will always be married to his job.

It's pretty obvious his job is his priority. In last year's season finale, Art arranged a transfer to Florida so Raylan could be with Winona and the kid. He was on his way – until Tim and Rachel asked him to go after Boyd with them. He dropped Florida in a heartbeat.

Hard to tell if the "You'll never leave Harlan alive" part of the song will turn out to be true.

I would hate the "blessed event" if endless scenes of Raylan being a father or becoming domesticated were inflicted on us. So far we've dodged that bullet.

by Anonymousreply 3902/03/2015

It's too bad they had to make Dewey's body disappear. Someone could have used those four kidneys!

by Anonymousreply 4002/03/2015

I predict Boyd will kill Ava once he finds out she's a rat, leading him to go completely batshit and Raylan guilty that he bullied her in to doing it. I don't think Raylan lives to see FL and Boyd will definitely go out in some shootout.

This season is much better than season 4 and we get more of the wierdness that is Tim Gutterson, but oh why oh why are we subjected to Winona clucking over the baby in the middle of the night in full make up moaning about Raylan's absence? That's just dull!

by Anonymousreply 4102/03/2015

R42, seriously! Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 4302/06/2015

I thought that Garrett Dillahunt and crew were in town to get inside the old bank vault that Boyd is working on. If I have that right, what the hell are they waiting for? They're just hanging around the town looking menacing, sitting in that restaurant.

I lost track of why Mary Steenburgen and Sam Shepperd are circling each other; he wants to marry her and she wants him dead/his money. Sam S. looks hella creepy now.

I was sick of slow, mumbling Choo Choo so glad he's gone. Tired of Raylan and Boyd meeting every 3 episodes so they can trade cute down-home quips while Raylan threatens to arrest him. From season 1 Raylan's been trying to catch him and it's silly they're still dancing.

Ava, you in danger, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 4402/27/2015

r4: Not Sam Shepperd. It's the other old guy Sam--Sam Elliott. Still apparently married to Katharine Ross (the bride in the Graduate). He's really good in this IMO.

by Anonymousreply 4502/27/2015

Dillahunt's crew doesn't need to get into the bank vault. They work for the guy who owns it. They are there to coerce people into selling their property to the Sam Elliot character. He's buying so he can grow marijuana on it since they're banking on legalization in that state.

by Anonymousreply 4602/27/2015

Right, Sam Elliott. I know they're 2 different actors... silly me. I somehow got the impression that opening the vault was part of the plan for both crews. I do recall the weed plan but thought it was a smokescreen/lie used when Raylan came sniffing.

So what, some bank closed down and Boyd thinks they left and forgot to empty out the money first?

by Anonymousreply 4702/28/2015

This is another one of the shows where you want the bad guys (Boyd and Ava) AND the good guys (Raylan and Tim) to survive the series. I don't think Boyd will survive and unless the Elmore family gives permission I don't think they can kill Raylan. I was disappointed to see that Sam shaved his mustache. Good show.

by Anonymousreply 4802/28/2015

I must have missed something.

This week it was intimated by Raylan's co-workers that he and Ava had an affair.

Is that true? When and why did that happen?

Ava has always been gaga for Boyd.

by Anonymousreply 4902/28/2015

Not the 1st season R49; Ava shot Boyd's brother Bowman and took up with Raylan when he came back to KY. She just viewed Boyd as Bowman's creepy brother. She & Boyd eventually got together after Raylan & Ava broke up (though they were more fuck buddies than anything) once he went back with his annoying ex-wife Winona.

I like this season - I think they are going out on a high note - but the whole idea of bullying people to sell their land to grow pot seems absurd since they're practically giving away real estate in poor regions of the country like Ohio and Kentucky.

by Anonymousreply 5002/28/2015

R50

Thank you for answering. I totally forgot about them being fuck buddies.

Sam Elliott is still handsome but he desperately needs his mustache back.

by Anonymousreply 5102/28/2015

Now that Ava and Boyd are a team again, I think the odds are great that Raylan will end up having to kill them during the last episode of the series. They'll be trying to run if/when Boyd gets into that bank vault and Raylan will show up. Boyd ain't going to jail so a shootout will occur.

by Anonymousreply 5203/05/2015

I don't think Ava and Boyd are really a "team," I believe he is just pretending to be OK with her betrayal for the meantime. Once he achieves his other goals, she will be toast. Didn't you see that look on his face when he went to the truck to put a new clip in his gun, right after she told him? He's just biding his time. That being said, I have half a hunch that Ava may be the one who finally puts Boyd down. I like how they just happened to include that little detail about how she got her first shotgun and made her first kill when she was only six years old. So, while she may not be quite the marksman that Raylan is, the girl definitely knows how to shoot.

by Anonymousreply 5303/05/2015

Ava and Winona both need to die so that Boyd and Raylan can end up together running a nice Gay B&B in Gatlinburg.

by Anonymousreply 5403/05/2015

I like that R54, only Boyd has now transitioned to a woman (since he made such an appealing one on SOA) with Tim hanging around to do maintenance and decorating.

by Anonymousreply 5503/05/2015

They will need to remodel it to meet ADA standards so that Dickie Bennett can visit.

by Anonymousreply 5603/05/2015

I cannot abide looking at Sam Elliott's sunken in old man mouth. He talks like he has no top teeth; I don't think I've seen any of his teeth since the season started.

by Anonymousreply 5703/05/2015

Oh, I think R54/55/56 are definitely on to something. I would add baby dyke Loretta to the mix, though. Somebody has to tend to the artisanal pot patch out back and keep the trucks in good repair.

by Anonymousreply 5803/05/2015

Who was the hot actor playing the cute frat boy that the shot-up and pissed-off Walker encountered at the rest stop? He should have taken him back in there and fucked him, just out of spite.

by Anonymousreply 5903/05/2015

I agree with R57, it makes him look like Kentucky's version of Dracula

by Anonymousreply 6003/05/2015

Between Sam Elliott, crying babies and all the kissing, it is so time for this formerly entertaining show to GO!

by Anonymousreply 6103/05/2015

I didn't realize this was the last season. It makes sense, though. He died in August 2013 and was a show consultant. I do like some of the dialogue this season, especially from Boyd, but the series couldn't expect to hang on without his guidance. Personally, I think it would not be ending if Leonard were going strong.

by Anonymousreply 6203/05/2015

he was on ellen. heplayed as guardian for magic mike guy. very fistable

by Anonymousreply 6303/05/2015

I liked that Earl dude. He's cute. What's his name? #toolazytogoogle

by Anonymousreply 6403/05/2015

I think I'm the only person on earth that likes Winona. She's long and lean. He's long and lean. It works. Raylan was losing some of his hotness this season. He looked tired and mean. Like her or not, he and Winona/Natalie Zea have such chemistry that she brought it out of him this episode. Go Winona. Raylan and Ava used to have chemistry, but when she kissed him an episode or so ago, it was gone.

by Anonymousreply 6503/05/2015

I watched Battle Creek tonight and the actor that played Choo Choo and the actor that played Dewey were both in the show. Dewey has a recurring role.

Will Ty (the one who has been shot) run into Boyd and Ava in the woods? I think Ava and her uncle Zacharia are up to something. If anyone kills Boyd, I think it will be Zacharia.

by Anonymousreply 6603/09/2015

r62: I disagree that Elmore Leonard would have continued the show beyond this season. First of all, not so sure that he had much say in the running of the show--they probably consulted him on character and dialog or maybe just gave him credit because he was the creator of the original material (and a beloved genius). Second, if you've read much Elmore Leonard, you'd know that his novels were always pretty short and sweet. He always knew when to fold 'em. Graham Yost IMO is a great tender of the EL flame. Justified has been one of my favorite shows of recent years, but IMO it's ready to retire and move to Florida.

by Anonymousreply 6703/09/2015

Boyd was putting a new clip in the gun. He had an empty clip in the gun when he handed it to Ava and told her to shoot him. He wasn't taking any chances. Ava passed the test by not shooting him. That's why they showed him taking the empty clip out and putting in the other clip, presumably the loaded one.

by Anonymousreply 6803/09/2015

Wynn's boytoy bodyguard said something intriguing during last nights episode. He was babbling about Wynn's laundry and then said "I've dated a figure skater in the past". Wynn and M. Steenburgen both gave him funny looks. To me, the scene left it rather vague, so you could think he could have dated a male or female skater.

I confess - I've been watching all season and have no idea what is supposed to be going on with Mary S. backstory. She snitched on her husband and got him sent to prison/killed? So what. Now she's being questioned if she got some other dude killed recently? Why - what's it got to do with the current plot? Sam Elliott wants to marry her but he's suspicious that she did off her husband? Then why marry her? Mary S. & Wynn are in cahoots to get Sam E's money, but she said it could take about 2 years in last night's episode. Why?

Was Sam E. in earlier seasons of the show? I didn't start watching the show until the season Raylan's daughter was born and Wynonna moved away, and I wonder if Sam E. has a history in the series where it was explained how he amassed the $10 million that Boyd thinks is in that vault.

by Anonymousreply 6903/12/2015

[quote]Wynn's boytoy bodyguard said something intriguing during last nights episode. He was babbling about Wynn's laundry and then said "I've dated a figure skater in the past". Wynn and M. Steenburgen both gave him funny looks. To me, the scene left it rather vague, so you could think he could have dated a male or female skater.

Mikey said he dated a tennis pro. They gave him a funny look because he suggested a game of tennis with Katherine (Steenburgen), which would never happen because he is her associate's lackey.

[quote]I confess - I've been watching all season and have no idea what is supposed to be going on with Mary S. backstory. She snitched on her husband and got him sent to prison/killed? So what. Now she's being questioned if she got some other dude killed recently? Why - what's it got to do with the current plot? Sam Elliott wants to marry her but he's suspicious that she did off her husband? Then why marry her? Mary S. & Wynn are in cahoots to get Sam E's money, but she said it could take about 2 years in last night's episode. Why?

Someone snitched on Katherine's late husband Grady, which got him sent to prison where he was killed. Both Katherine and Markham (Sam Elliot) have been raised as suspects, but we don't know yet who the snitch was. She, along with Wynn and Boyd, have been involved in bank robberies, and are now trying to get Markham's money. Although Katherine and Wynn don't trust Boyd, so there's always side deals being made. (Like this week, when Walker suggested teaming up with Boyd, before Walker was killed.) Katherine and Markham have been lovers for a long time, even when she was married to Grady. She was suggesting to Wynn that she could get his money by marrying Markham, instead of stealing it. While I don't think Markham trusts Katherine 100%, I'm thinking he proposed so they would "team up" and become the KY weed power brokers assuming it gets legalized.

[quote]Was Sam E. in earlier seasons of the show? I didn't start watching the show until the season Raylan's daughter was born and Wynonna moved away, and I wonder if Sam E. has a history in the series where it was explained how he amassed the $10 million that Boyd thinks is in that vault.

No, this is the first season they've had Markham (Elliot). I've been assuming he ammassed his fortune through drugs, but I don't know if the show has ever confirmed that.

by Anonymousreply 7003/12/2015

It looks like we get to see Wynn in a thong again next week!

by Anonymousreply 7103/12/2015

Thanks R70. I think I zone out during the 2nd and third level plotlines of the show - they don't hold my attention since I lost the general thread of them AND because I know they're not going anywhere cause it's the last season.

I'm just waiting to see who of the main characters is still alive on the last episode: Raylan, Boyd or Ava.

by Anonymousreply 7203/12/2015

Goodbye Katherine, Mikey and brother who was shot by Boyd. So sad, Avery.

Pleeeaase let anyone shoot that clown that's Avery's bodyguard. I've liked Jpnathan Tucker in other roles but he's unbearable here.

by Anonymousreply 7304/01/2015

My favorite is season 2!

by Anonymousreply 7404/01/2015

Wynn so wanted to kiss Mikey as he lay dying. You could see him move in for it and then pull back at the last moment because of the blood on his mouth.

Will we see him hang his shorty silk robe in the closet next to his, Brokeback-style?

by Anonymousreply 7504/01/2015

[quote]that clown that's Avery's bodyguard. I've liked Jpnathan Tucker in other roles but he's unbearable here.

They're setting up this for a quick-draw showdown between Raylan and him. My biggest fear is that he manages to outdraw Raylan. Although my gut tells me if Raylan bites the dust it will be at the hands of Boyd.

by Anonymousreply 7604/01/2015

R76, Raylan would wipe him out like you would a gnat on your sleeve. I think the next episode will be Raylan and Boyd joining forces to find Ava.

In the end, Raylan is the good guy and Boyd is the bad guy. It is Ava that is the wild card and she will influence the outcome between them.

by Anonymousreply 7704/01/2015

I predict that Ava and Boyd kill each other in the last episode, Raylan recovers the money and gets it back to Art at the office, and Wynona and the baby meet him at the airport in Miami. The show started with Raylan in Miami so I think it should end there, maybe with the Givens family in the same restaurant where Raylan shot the ganster--maybe end on the baby's face (instead of Tony Soprano's?) Very full circle but also amusing as it should be. I'm gonna miss this wonderful show!

by Anonymousreply 7804/01/2015

It is my favorite TV show. I rarely find anything I like anymore, so I'm going to miss it.

The Bob Seeger song "Her Strut" was written about Jane Fonda, but when I see Raylan walk, I think of the song. His walk is adorable and unique.

by Anonymousreply 7904/02/2015

[quote] Between Sam Elliott, crying babies and all the kissing, it is so time for this formerly entertaining show to GO!

I have to agree. I love Sam Elliott, and I thought his character would be another Mags Bennett this season, but he's turned out to be pretty toothless. Boyd still runs shit! (Walton Goggins, much like Samuel L. Jackson, can recite a damn phonebook and make it sound hardcore yet poetic. Dude is straight gangsta with his, "Now go get me my GOTT'DAMN money!" line.)

But I knew this show jumped the shark when Raylan was talking to his dead daddy in the shed. Justified never resorted to such cliched melodrama in the past seasons, so I was a little dissatisfied with that scene. Overall, it's still one of the best dramas on television, and when TV historians chronicle the golden age of cable television, Justified will undoubtedly be discussed.

They're doing the right thing by ending it now before it becomes too ridiculous and predictable.

by Anonymousreply 8004/02/2015

His walk R79 is from beginning his career as a runway model.

by Anonymousreply 8104/02/2015

I'm going to miss this show as well. I only started watching last year after a rec. I'm guessing Art has the only real accent?

Some surprises or favorites in this episode: Boyd killing Earl, "Hold Me" Mikey getting rid of Steenbergen, Raylan looking hot in his jeans again, the rotted dead guide in the cabin.

I've tried a few substitutes: Longmire, Red Road, but they lack the emphasis on local humor (Tim, Art, "Stay Frosty" Constable Bob. Red Road has tried to recreate the high school dynamic between Boyd/Raylan with the main characters, but they are much more tightly strung.

Wynn Duffey went from my absolutely least favorite character to an old friend - and the pivot point was when he called Quarles a "big fat baby head."

I wanted Boyd and Raylan to reach an understanding, but Boyd has become far less sympathetic since Season 5 when Ava went to prison.

by Anonymousreply 8204/02/2015

Earl = Carl in last post. Boyd killing Carl.

by Anonymousreply 8304/02/2015

I think Justified, Longmire and Fargo have been some of the best shows in years. Too bad they cancelled Longmire but will watch it when it starts on Netflix.

Avery and Art knew each other in the past. What are the odds that Art is not as straight as we've been led to believe and that he or he and Avery end up with the money?

by Anonymousreply 8404/02/2015

R81, aren't you thinking of Josh Duhamel?

by Anonymousreply 8504/03/2015

Predictions for who dies next week (final episode):

Avery Markham, his annoying bodyguard, Wynn Duffy, at least one of the dirty cops who have Ava, and Ava, specifically so Walton Goggins gets to do a big Emmy worthy scene mourning her.

I think Boyd will die cause he has too much blood on his hands to walk away w/o consequences.

by Anonymousreply 8604/09/2015

I agree and that is as it should be but I think the writers are going to throw some curve balls at us. It would be funny if Wynn survives and gets the money.

by Anonymousreply 8704/09/2015

I picture a classic John Woo standoff scene, where Boyd and Raylan have each other at gunpoint. They each have at least one bullet in them, with a lot of blood and pained groans. It's clear only one man is going to walk away from this. They exchange witty quips, 'like isn't funny how we got to this point'.

Next scene is fade to black and then a gunshot is heard... we never know which guy is dead.

It's obvious that the Loretta plotline, which is pointless at this stage, is to give Raylan a reason to kill Avery and his bodyguard. I cringe every time the bodyguard is onscreen - he is trying too hard to fit the mold of the show - talky characters full of quirky turns of phrase. He doesn't have the chops.

by Anonymousreply 8804/09/2015

So do we think that Mikey and Wynn ever fucked?

by Anonymousreply 8904/09/2015

r87: Yeah, I think they are setting it up for Wynn to survive with the money, maybe end up very rich, tan and out in some exotic faraway place (French Riviera always nice if you have 10 million) I still see Raylan finally back in Florida with his wife and baby, full circle in Miami-- or how about he and the wife selling cowboy hats in a little shop in Key West (or maybe he gets Ava's runaway money in her pack and doesn't give it back?). Boyd and Ava will kill each other--waddaya bet? Of course Raylan will outdraw the bodyguard, and maybe Art captures Avery and he has to go to jail for 150 years (better than dead).

By the way, people wondering about authentic accents: Walton Givens is from Alabama (not Kentucky). He does have a slight southern accent speaking in his own voice.

by Anonymousreply 9004/09/2015

Is Raylan supposed to be retiring to Florida or transferring there?

by Anonymousreply 9104/09/2015

Wynn Duffy should be the Saul Goodman of this show and get his own spinoff.

by Anonymousreply 9204/09/2015

Raylan is supposed to be transferring, but what's he gonna do without Boyd (unless Boyd transfers too LOL--anything is possible in the Justified universe--Boyd has more than 9 lives, doesn't he?).

by Anonymousreply 9304/09/2015

Glaring plothole - where is the bulk of the money? Ava didn't have it all in that backpack and her uncle seemed more intent on killing Boyd than fleeing with the cash so a big chunk is unaccounted for.

I think it's buried with the stiff from the cabin. Ava knows this; if she survives and evades the law next week, she'll go back for it and either Raylan or Boyd will pop out and confront her. Not sure who'll walk away from that. It'll be hilarious if all three leads end up dead and Constable Bob goes back and finds the money and then he's shown on some island where he bought himself the job of chief of police.

by Anonymousreply 9404/09/2015

It's the series finale tonight.

by Anonymousreply 9504/14/2015

Brought to you by "On All Fours" dog groomers, the experts in doggy-style.

by Anonymousreply 9604/15/2015

Kind of a blah finale. Guess I expected more drama, blood and either Boyd or Raylan with gunshot wounds.

by Anonymousreply 9704/15/2015

I loved the finale. Alan Sepinwall has a great interview with series creator Graham Yost about the ending, and he has some interesting comments about how it was true to the spirit and style of Elmore Leonard, which makes me appreciate it all the more.

As far as drama, I thought the showdowns between Raylan/Ava/Boyd, and Raylan/Boone were very tense. Nice touch by having Loretta settle things too.

And as for blood, we got one last shootouts before it was all over. We really didn't need bloodshed from the series regulars.

by Anonymousreply 9804/15/2015

Great ending for a great series. I wasn't surprised that Wynn got away with the money. I was surprised about the child but it explains why she shot Boyd. This was the first time ever I was ready to see Sam Elliott get taken down. I still get heart palpitations when Roadhouse is shown on tv. Great series, glad I followed it.

by Anonymousreply 9904/15/2015

Loved the ending--the bad guys get done and the bad guys/gals you love get to live on...to come back in a sequel maybe??? Very Elmore Leonard style ending--a minor literary genius that's for sure. I have been a long-time Elmore fan (ever since I read La Brava in the '80s), but got tired of him somewhere along the way and hadn't read any in quite a while. Maybe it's time to go back and read me some Elmore again. Anybody who loved this series and hasn't read any Elmore Leonard--you're in for a treat.

I don't usually feel as attached to characters as I have to the Justified gang; I really will miss them. And wasn't it great to see Walton Goggins preach again!

by Anonymousreply 10004/15/2015

"Show 'em your tits, Art."

by Anonymousreply 10104/15/2015

I'll have to look for the Sepinwall interview because I loved the ending as well. I liked the full circle nature of it with Raylan and Boyd talking about having dug coal together and Boyd back doing his religion shtick. I'm assuming that Loretta will become a weed magnate in Kentucky. Loved Raylan as the outlaw with his child but, realistically, he didn't get the girl. We see him as flawed. I also liked the connection with his own child that was what kept him from taking Ava in at the end. All Ava really wanted was to save herself. The ending was more literary than I had expected but very much in keeping with Elmore.

by Anonymousreply 10204/15/2015

I could have done without the roundup simply for dramatic purposes and had it end with Loretta stepping on the guy's hand, Raylan being alive, and Ava speeding off, but they would have had to work Boyd into the scene in that case.

I've enjoyed this last season, especially the last few episodes. It was a good time to go out. I was concerned after the grim Season 5.

It fit the character that Raylan and Winona couldn't get it to work.

by Anonymousreply 10304/16/2015

I was so worried about the ending. It was perfect imnho.

by Anonymousreply 10404/16/2015

Finally got around to watching the series finale. What a great way to end this show. This probably ranks as one of the best series finales ever. I agree with another poster who said it had a novelistic quality to it.

I think the late, great Elmore Leonard would be proud.

by Anonymousreply 10504/24/2015
Need more help? Click Here.