Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Interesting interview with Sandra Bernhard

in today's NY Times, about "The King of Comedy," a film I adore:

by Anonymousreply 2704/21/2013

Perfect casting (Hollywood used to be good at this). She looks just like a stalker.

Jerry looked like he authentically loathed her- and it wasn't just acting (we know about his repulsion of female comics).

Too bad she didn't build upon her success in that role, and play in lots of movies.

by Anonymousreply 104/18/2013

I was reading some film website who also linked to this article. Someone pointed out that a lot of people seem to hate her and it's because she's unattractive yet overly confident. This dude speculated that society at large can't handle an ugly, confident person. I found that argument intriguing.

by Anonymousreply 204/18/2013

I just realized that the character "Masha" is really a version of Andrea "Whips" Feldman!

by Anonymousreply 304/18/2013

Can someone paste the article? I'm maxed out on NYT articles for the month.

by Anonymousreply 404/18/2013

[quote]Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I. Me. I.

by Anonymousreply 504/18/2013

R5 are you the same nutbag that posts SHILLY MUFUCKOFF SLUTBAG or whatever it is that gets posted 100 or more times in a post?

Is there some reason you MUST repeat the content of your post?

by Anonymousreply 604/18/2013

R4 usually if you open a link it doesn't count towards that?

by Anonymousreply 704/18/2013

"I didn't make it for you. I made it for Jerry and he looks fabulous in it."

by Anonymousreply 804/18/2013

I'm tired of her.

by Anonymousreply 904/18/2013

I think she is amazing...but unfortunately she thinks she is a great singer ...she isn't ...mediocre at best...her talent is in comedy monologue, etc...acting...everything but singing.

Her shows become unbearable with the singing...

by Anonymousreply 1004/18/2013

an interesting side note:

my sisters' college boyfriend went with us to see this. We went to pick him up at his college dorm and he showered and changed in front of me. I started masturbating soon after and thought of him for like decades....and when ever the movie is mentioned he get a little arroused...gotta go now....

by Anonymousreply 1104/18/2013

So agree with you R10 and I'm a huge Sandra fan.

by Anonymousreply 1204/18/2013

For R1 :

"The King of Comedy" was a major flop at the box office. Sandra wasn't exactly seen as bankable after that.

by Anonymousreply 1304/18/2013

[quote][R4] usually if you open a link it doesn't count towards that?

The link has to come from Facebook or Twitter to be free of charge.

by Anonymousreply 1404/18/2013

Shelley Hack should have been mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 1504/18/2013

and she missed out on an Oscar nomination to Amy Irving in Yentl.

by Anonymousreply 1604/18/2013

Brilliant film. One of my top 10 of all time.

by Anonymousreply 1704/18/2013

How did Cis Corman become a producer? I thought she was just one of Barbra's flunkies.

by Anonymousreply 1804/18/2013

Shelley Hack was actually perfect in this.

by Anonymousreply 1904/18/2013

Think this is what made her so bitter? Her career not fully taking off from this?

by Anonymousreply 2004/19/2013

WHO CARES!

by Anonymousreply 2104/19/2013

Now don't be bitter Andy. You'll start to sound like her.

by Anonymousreply 2204/19/2013

Agree about the singing. A lot of baby boomers want to be rock stars because they grew up in an age when music was great.

by Anonymousreply 2304/19/2013

[quote]Someone pointed out that a lot of people seem to hate her and it's because she's unattractive yet overly confident.

Is she really "overly confident"? I thought it was all an act.

by Anonymousreply 2404/19/2013

I think you can call having an expectation of movie stardom when you have a face that can stop traffic overly confident.

by Anonymousreply 2504/19/2013

She has to say hi to Madonna first, whenever they happen to be in the same room.

by Anonymousreply 2604/19/2013

She has always seemed like a very unhappy person.

by Anonymousreply 2704/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.