Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sherri Shepherd on The View

Early this week, Monday I think, I switched on The View for a little while. I stopped watching the show quite a while ago. Barbara Walters was talking and Sherri Shepherd obnoxiously butted in. Barbara was obviously upset and slapped her down so she could finish what she was saying. Sherri shut up and looked like she was pouting and sneering for the rest of the show, even on the couch with some celeb. Every picture I've seen of her this week since then shows the same nasty attitude. Isn't she cutting her own throat? Is she on her way out, too, like Joy and Elisabeth? Sherri and Hasselbitch are why I stopped watching. How can air-head Sherri think that what she says matters or has any relevance to today's world? I know that everyone has the right to their own opinion, but vapid comments like she expresses do not deserve a public forum like The View.

by Anonymousreply 5008/20/2014

OP, you need to stop watching that shit. It just agitates you.

by Anonymousreply 104/18/2013

Is this one of those shows watched by shut-ins and people with no job?

by Anonymousreply 204/18/2013

No, r2, it's watched by jackasses "sick" and "working" from home.

by Anonymousreply 304/18/2013

All of those abortions messed with her brain.

by Anonymousreply 404/18/2013

I swear I watched an episode one time where she said her son wouldn't be allowed to be gay until he was 18 and out of her house.

by Anonymousreply 504/18/2013

Is her son ever going to be out of her house? Doesn't he have a ton of developmental delays?

by Anonymousreply 604/18/2013

r2, or people who work odd hours or from home, or people who dvr it. Lots of people dvr Ellen because the show's positive vibe is the perfect way to unwind after work. I would if I had a dvr.

by Anonymousreply 704/18/2013

[quote]I would if I had a dvr.

Maybe you could put your tape recorder next to the TV.

by Anonymousreply 804/18/2013

Sherri spanks that child senseless too. She talk about it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 904/18/2013

Has she figured out that the earth isn't flat yet?

by Anonymousreply 1004/18/2013

Each of the hags on that show have their own sort of repugnance, but Sherri is by far the least palatable.

She is grossly ignorant of most topics she comments on. Totally untouched by any concepts of science or fact and lives within her "born again christian black woman who formerly was a whore with multiple abortions" bubble. She has all the fervor of a zealot and no brain power.

She prefaces her ignoranty spouting with "as a christian" or "as a black woman" as though those two things confer rightness. She confuses that with her own brand of mean spiritied righteousness.

I loathe her.

by Anonymousreply 1104/18/2013

Why was she hired to be on The View? What did they expect her to bring to the table? She has the intelligence of a box of hair, doesn't have an interesting personality, and isn't funny. Maybe she was selected to be the "annoying" woman at the table.

by Anonymousreply 1204/18/2013

[quote]Maybe she was selected to be the "annoying" woman at the table.

Hasselbitch was already there when they brought Sherri on, so there goes that idea.

by Anonymousreply 1304/18/2013

[quote]Why was she hired to be on The View? What did they expect her to bring to the table? She has the intelligence of a box of hair, doesn't have an interesting personality, and isn't funny. Maybe she was selected to be the "annoying" woman at the table.

She is a fat black christian woman. Stock character needed to contrast with mouthy New Yorker Joy, erratic show biz personality (now Whoopi then Rosie), pretty little conservative airhead (E leaving who's next?)and supposed culture doyenne (Queen Barbara).

The next cast will be different but no better.

by Anonymousreply 1404/18/2013

I believe if "gay men who work from home" stopped watching- the ratings would plummet.

by Anonymousreply 1504/18/2013

The only thing I know about this show is what I've read here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 1604/18/2013

Barbara has developed an obsession with "I'm NOT Finished!!" She yells this all the time if Sherri or Elizabeth interupt her. It's become kind of a joke where the other ones roll their eyes at Barbara. Whoopi will interupt her and say we have to move on.

If no one interrupted Babs she'd talk the whole show.

by Anonymousreply 1704/18/2013

That bitch didn't even know the earth was ROUND.

I'm all for different perspectives and ideas, but if you don't have the common sense God gave a dog, then no, you can't sit at the big girl table and have an adult conversation.

by Anonymousreply 1804/18/2013

Sherri was hired simply because she is black. She was on a few comedy shows and the producers thought she would bring that " delightful negro" humor to the show.What they didn't know is that she's not bright and not as humorous as they thought.

by Anonymousreply 1904/18/2013

I stopped watching when she brought the idiots on but frankly, I can not STAND, Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 2204/18/2013

For Sherri, "critical thinking" means the red muumuu or the blue one.

by Anonymousreply 2304/18/2013

You would think they would be embarrassed to display the ignorance of this woman. They should be embarrassed to let people know they're paying big bucks to have her sitting there.

by Anonymousreply 2404/20/2013

The View has a track record of hiring "off" black women, doesn't it? As much as Sherri is lacking in intellect, Star Jones, who's plenty smart, let her arrogance and entitlement shoot off the charts. Whoopi's OK for the most part, but she seems invested in being a character. Oh, yeah, the "rape, rape" comment. What's up with the producers who hire them? Do they think black women identify with them? Do they come off well to black viewers?

by Anonymousreply 2504/20/2013

Today was her birthday and at the end they paraded out an entire table of cakes and brownies and treats, as all her favorites. The woman is a fucking Diabetic

by Anonymousreply 2604/22/2013

[quote]Sherri is always smiling and seems very nice. I really don't understand the hate towards her

Why would you, when you actually think Barbara Walters is a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 2804/23/2013

Yeah, can't stand Sherri either. I lose a few IQ points whenever she opens her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 2904/23/2013

[quote]I really don't understand the hate towards her. I could see hate towards Joy (even though I like her), Eliz, or Whoopi but not the others.

There's a lot you don't understand beginning with the difference between "hate" and "dislike." We dislike Sherri Shepherd. We loathe the ignorance displayed by the Hate Trolls like r27.

by Anonymousreply 3004/23/2013

R27 is one of Roy Cohn's buttbabies.

by Anonymousreply 3104/23/2013

The reason why Sherri seems a bit "off" to some people is because she's the result of a genetic experiment in which pig DNA was combined with human DNA to create a hybrid creature. Obviously, she belongs in a pile of slop, rolling in her own excrement but somehow she ended up as a host on the View.

by Anonymousreply 3204/23/2013

You do not have to be fat or black, to be an obnoxious, fanatical Christian.

by Anonymousreply 3404/23/2013

Barbara must be ripping her hair out. A trainwreck. Sherri and Jenny did an unfunny skit about Amish. Sherri looked like Mammy with false eyelashes. They are reading their cue cards so fast like its a race. The new set up, decor, music is horrendous. They should dump her fat ass along with Jenny and get some smart, funny women on.

by Anonymousreply 3510/17/2013

She's an asshole

by Anonymousreply 3610/17/2013

Dan Harris was guest host talking about his anxiety attack on air and that his cure was meditating for 5 minutes a day. This moronic woman proceded to close her eyes while everyone was talking trying to practice meditation. She, who thinks the earth is flat, doesn't know that you are supposed to be in a quiet place while meditating? Whoopi once again defended the anti semite Mel Gibson who, she said should be forgiven because she knows the real Mel and of course everyone agreed with her. And Sherri said she wants to be a Beyonce back up dancer if she wasn't in show biz!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3703/31/2014

Shrri thinks she's a tycoon now that she has two nickles to rub together.

Never liked her kind, never will.

by Anonymousreply 3904/23/2014

What do you mean R39, "her kind"?

by Anonymousreply 4104/23/2014

I suspect that R39 meant the vapid, talentless, born-again bitches who proudly beat their children and aren't sure that the earth is round kind.

by Anonymousreply 4204/23/2014

[12] and [40] deserve a special DL Daytime Emmy Award for their hilarious and true comments.

Sherry is incredible dumb and she seems racist. She thinks Beyonce is a good role model for girls.

Jenny is also profoundly dumb.

I do like Whoopi a lot.

The View really is Harpies Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 4304/23/2014

Am I the only one on this earth to see the injustice that Sherri and her kind are inflicting on good kind honest people. She has single-handedly, because of her loud mouth, turned the view into bashing all white people, who are obviously racist. She is making people hate blacks because of her overt racism. I hate this woman and don't understand how she has been successful, no white woman would have her success if she was in any way like this pathetic woman. It goes to show how low the standards are for successful black women.

by Anonymousreply 4406/17/2014

Sherri and Jenny FIRED!!!

"The View" is cleaning house. Network sources tell us the cast has been fired... except for Whoopi Goldberg.

Our sources say there was a meeting at ABC late Thursday afternoon and they announced Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy were out. We've also heard but not confirmed executive producer Bill Geddie may not be coming back.

Maybe not coincidentally ... Barbara Walters is scheduled to be on the show Friday (though it did tape on Wednesday).

"The View" has been in turmoil since Jenny was hired ... it messed up the chemistry on the show.

So far no word official word on who is replacing the panel, but we're told the list includes Ross Mathews and Jesse Palmer.

by Anonymousreply 4506/26/2014

I think Sherri should have gone a long time ago, but a couple of weeks ago she stated that things really haven't any better for minorities in The States. After that I thought that she was waaaaay past her due date. What a mindless comment. This coming from a black woman who's gotten the opportunity to co-host a top rated network program, spewing opinions rooted in ignorance, disadvantage, and victomhood. Really Sherri, wake up and realize that things must have gotten better somewhere along the road for a person of your limited intellect to have gotten that far.

by Anonymousreply 4606/26/2014

So who else is watching this trainwreck of a farewell show to Sherri Shepherd!?

Arsenio Hall is the desperate has-been guest as well as several gospel singers, including one guy who was SO flaming my tv almost exploded.

And coming up BEL BIV DEVOE!!!!

It is a good thing Bill Gedde is going as well; he never hired anyone strong enough - or smart enough to challenge him after Rosie's departure.

by Anonymousreply 4708/11/2014

Hopefully she'll never be back on weekday TV. She needs to just go away.

by Anonymousreply 4808/11/2014

I'm not going to waste the electricity watching…or give them the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 4908/11/2014

I wonder if the scientist who created Sherri by combining human and pig DNA is going to do anything with it now that it's off The View.

by Anonymousreply 5008/20/2014
Need more help? Click Here.