Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have you ever seen pubic hair in a commercial?

Well, now you have. I thought this was really inappropriate to air during a family show like American Idol. How will the parents explain this to them?

by Anonymousreply 4904/27/2013

Chances are very good that parents who watch American Idol have already had sex with their children.

by Anonymousreply 204/18/2013

If you hadn't told me that was pubic hair, I wouldn't even have noticed.

OP, do you really think people still watch commercials?

by Anonymousreply 304/18/2013

Lol, r2... meanwhile, that looks like a pretty good razor...

by Anonymousreply 404/18/2013

OP, you're ridiculous. You think kids don't know what pubic hair is?

by Anonymousreply 504/18/2013

[quote]I thought this was really inappropriate to air during a family show like American Idol.

Have you not seen the parade of little sluts and boy whores on that show? There was the year that the producers had to introduce a "modesty panel" to prevent the cameras from catching the cum trail of contestant spunk leaking from Paula Abdul's stretched out snatch.

by Anonymousreply 604/18/2013

The only problem with the commercial is that he looks ugly with a mustache and his chest which was hot looks like a skinny bird without the hair.

by Anonymousreply 704/18/2013

I agree with r7. This commercial helps perpetuate the body hair aversion fetish currently in vogue amongst heterosexuals. Many grown men and women today want to look like overgrown 8 year olds when they take their clothes off.

by Anonymousreply 804/18/2013

Pubic hair is the devil's work. It should never be looked at directly. Artist renderings in medical journals are the only appropriate way to view it.

by Anonymousreply 904/18/2013

Of course the shaver people are going to try to change the public's taste for body hair to their advantage.

It's a business, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1004/18/2013

he looks like a jackass, especially after he shaves his chest hair off and leaves a tweeky mustache.

by Anonymousreply 1104/18/2013

He's either a gay or lives in Williamsburg.

by Anonymousreply 1204/18/2013

"How will the parents explain this to them?"

Are you being sarcastic OP?

Perhaps they will explain the same way they sit kids down and solemly explain eyebrows, beards and chest hair. All of these human species characteristics are very very serious issues. Nothing is more serious than the hair that surrounds those forbidden and shameful human parts that some call our... private parts.

Please no one call my boss or my parents and let then know I wrote out those words above, please. I could never live it down.

by Anonymousreply 1304/18/2013

[quote]How will the parents explain this to them?

Who gives a fuck how they will explain it to their kids. If they cant handle a simple explanation they are terrible parents.

by Anonymousreply 1404/18/2013

If I were a parent I'd be more upset about the bleeped out "I'd fuck me" line. I'm not a prude but I'm actually shocked they used that in a commercial.

by Anonymousreply 1504/18/2013

R15, it's "I'd FAQ me." It's stupid, but that's the slogan.

by Anonymousreply 1604/18/2013

FAQ clearly means FUCK.

by Anonymousreply 1704/18/2013

The shave everywhere guy was much cuter, but also way hotter with the hair.

by Anonymousreply 1804/18/2013

It's still a disgusting commercial, no matter WHAT kind of hair that is. All that shit dropping to the ground. And then the guy says "I'd fuck me" with that word bleeped out." Yeah, keep it classy, Norelco.

by Anonymousreply 1904/18/2013

Who's the actor? I think he's cute.

by Anonymousreply 2004/18/2013

It's a darling commercial. There was no shit on the floor, idiot. It was a comedic take on looser sexual attitudes, with a tilt towards bisexuality, if not gayness. And hair falling was funny. Guess what, Puritan (unless you're just trolling)? Most men are trimming, waxing and shaving now.

It was classy. What is with this silliness about the commercial not being appropriate?

by Anonymousreply 2104/18/2013

R21 most and your little clique, probably yes.

by Anonymousreply 2204/18/2013

It was not LITERALLY "shit." Good lord, do you have Asperger's? "Classy?" Bullshite. That was hair on the floor in clumps, which is gross. And his "I would **** me" comment is crude and vulgar. Your taste is all in your mouth.

It's not ABOUT what "most men" do or don't do. Shave all your hair off until you look like a skinned rat for all I care. I just think this commercial is repugnant.

by Anonymousreply 2304/18/2013

We agree with r23!

by Anonymousreply 2404/18/2013

Once, in a Coke commercial featuring Clarence Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 2504/18/2013

I created the ad - maybe it's time for me to retire.

by Anonymousreply 2604/18/2013

I think everyone should be more concerned with how ugly the actor is. He looks like he fell out of a West Virginian wheelbarrow.

by Anonymousreply 2704/18/2013

The guy in the commercial looks like the Aurora theater shooter, James Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 2804/18/2013

The before looked much hotter than the after. Shaved bodies are officially for douchebags.

by Anonymousreply 2904/18/2013

I believe it's the same actor who was in the Verizon "Snowman Competition" Christmas ad last year.

by Anonymousreply 3004/19/2013

He reminds me of a cross-between Andrew McCarthy and a mannequin.

by Anonymousreply 3104/19/2013

R31 just described the plot to the 80s classic "Mannequin."

by Anonymousreply 3204/19/2013

[quote]Have you ever seen pubic hair in a commercial

Only when I forget to Windex my TV screen.

by Anonymousreply 3304/19/2013

ww for R2!

by Anonymousreply 3404/19/2013

[quote]It's a darling commercial.

by Anonymousreply 3504/19/2013

It works on asshole hair, too!

by Anonymousreply 3604/19/2013

Corset. Wimple.

by Anonymousreply 3704/19/2013

OP's attitude is truly frightening. Just look at what happened in Boston and it's pubic hair in a TV commercial that gets you hot and bothered.

by Anonymousreply 3804/19/2013

R38, there are idiots here whose whole life revolves around such critical matters as pubic/chest hair, dick size, underwear type, etc.

Do you really think these people have any perspective on life?

by Anonymousreply 3904/19/2013

[quote]If you hadn't told me that was pubic hair, I wouldn't even have noticed

C’MON! The guy’s shorts are around his ankles.

by Anonymousreply 4004/19/2013

I think it is a stupid commercial. I think the guy is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 4104/19/2013

[quote]How will the parents explain this to them?

Pubic hair? How will parents explain pubic hair to their children?

There are entire genres of publishing devoted to helping parents explain simple sexual facts to their kids. I'm sure they'll figure it out, the way millions of parents are able to teach and educate their kids about the basic facts of life.

And the commercial is pretty tame.

by Anonymousreply 4204/19/2013

[quote]It's a darling commercial.

Darling?!? Mary!!!

by Anonymousreply 4304/19/2013

Little kids will be entertained that the guy's shorts are down around his ankles. I seriously doubt they'll correlate that to shaving pubic hair. Kids and adults don't make the same connections.

by Anonymousreply 4404/19/2013

I grew up watching ads for douching your vagina, shrinking hemmorhoids and relieving jock itch. So plug it up.

by Anonymousreply 4504/20/2013

I remember being a kid and seeing my cousin naked. He was a couple of years older and had a full bush. I thought it was gross and I was definitely gong to shave it all off when I got them. Flash forward and today it's pretty much a deal breaker if he's shaved...

by Anonymousreply 4604/20/2013

"it's pretty much a deal breaker if he's shaved..."

So.. he drops trou in your living room and you scream, "OUT!"?

by Anonymousreply 4704/20/2013

Yes!Whenever Chuck Norris gets close to Christie Brinkley in the exercise infopmercials and whenever any guy got close to Alyssa Milano in those Eva Save-A-lot ads.I gained at least an inch or two when she said I could save at least a buck or two.

by Anonymousreply 4804/27/2013

This is out fucking rageous! The triplets, Braeden, Kayden AND Jayden all started trying to shave their privates right after that show. I have started a petition on my blog "Three Times The Joy" to boycott this hideous aberration. Please got to my blog immediately to sign the petition and also see the latest pics of the triplets in their first pottery class!

by Anonymousreply 4904/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!