Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ed Koch

Was he celibate or did he ever have partners?

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013

There was a lenthy thread here about Ed's lover when he was running for mayor. When he was elected Ed told him to get outta town. Several years later when he guy came back to New York, he was unable to find a job in his field.

by Anonymousreply 104/18/2013

R1 is correct. Watch the documentary Outrage (which is about closeted politicians)for more info. I'm blanking on the boyfriend's name right now but he was a nice-looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 204/18/2013

Although Koch was a major closet case, when he was in Congress, he and Bella Abzug introduced the first gay rights legislation ever put forth on Capitol Hill.

by Anonymousreply 304/18/2013

Bess Myerson was his beard.

by Anonymousreply 404/18/2013

He was no loss.

by Anonymousreply 504/18/2013

"About a year or two after I got to know Dick, he said he had something he wanted me to know: Over the course of a couple of years, he had been lovers with Ed Koch, and after they broke up, Ed had made it impossible for him to work in New York. No instance of homophobia hurt him more than the treatment by the man he was in love with ... Dick was worried about his safety. And Dick did feel that if he went public, he would suffer." -- Frederick Hertz, trustee for the late Richard Nathan, in the 2009 film Outrage

by Anonymousreply 604/18/2013

Was Bella Abzug a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.