Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NFL player Kerry Rhodes' ex-boyfriend tosses him out of the closet

Even with all the drip, drip, drip of suggestive photos, Rhodes was denying he was gay.

Well, MS. EX-THING will have NONE of her man lying to the press! Not when she sees a REALITY SHOW in her future!

[quote]Kerry paid for everything. We had a very good life together. I always got any and everything I ever asked for. Vacations, red bottoms, the private jet in my video was us going to training camp together. I had a driver and he even gave me his Aston Martin. He later bought me my own car and because I’m not a dumb bi**h I made sure to get it my own name and he paid the whole thing off! He treated me very well. I will never talk bad about him in that way because he was really good to me.

[quote]He loved me and now he’s lying. That’s why I put him out there because he came for me. I’m not here for fame. He wanted me to have a reality show because he said I was destined for it. His teammates said I had a great personality and encouraged me to be on TV. This was our life! This was real!

This photo is priceless. Money, looks and fame, and Kerry Rhodes ended up with THIS culotte queen?

by Anonymousreply 60512/23/2013

OP, the link?

by Anonymousreply 104/17/2013

Sorry, couldn't post the story and the photo link at once...

Here's the first page of the story.

by Anonymousreply 304/17/2013

Kerry is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 404/17/2013

MARY

by Anonymousreply 504/17/2013

How was your sex life with Kerry? Was he top or power bottom?

*laughs* It was great! It was very passionate because we were so in love. Of course he was the top! I’m not doing all that damn work! But, we were extremely close. It was very good and he put it on me!

by Anonymousreply 604/17/2013

Wow. This is great. But poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 704/17/2013

LOL at the jealousy!! Some gay men can't understand why others might be attracted to femmy guys.

by Anonymousreply 804/17/2013

The boyfriend kind of looks like a pygmy next to the NFL player in the link at R5.

by Anonymousreply 904/17/2013

How do I say this? The way America will finally deal with a gay football player is if his coming out something the website Bossip would not be interested.

by Anonymousreply 1004/17/2013

"LOL at the jealousy!! Some gay men can't understand why others might be attracted to femmy guys."

Jealousy? How about don't give a damn. I luv femmy dudes. They buy me anything I want.

by Anonymousreply 1104/17/2013

I feel sorry for him too r7.

But really, he must have known doing that kind of shit out on a balcony, wherever he was, was going to out him in this cellcam day and age.

by Anonymousreply 1204/17/2013

Wow. This is wild! That little tiny thing is Hubble Space telescope queen.

Poor guy. I really feel sorry for him, he took care of that missy and he gets fucking hurled out on the floor.

The Cardinals are getting some big gay publicity. This and the Darnell Dockett thing.

by Anonymousreply 1304/17/2013

Kerry is in the closet and he screwed over his lover. Screw Kerry.

by Anonymousreply 1504/17/2013

"Kerry is in the closet and he screwed over his lover. Screw Kerry."

That has never happened before *rolling my eyes*

by Anonymousreply 1604/17/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 1704/17/2013

A hot piece of ass, r17.

by Anonymousreply 1804/17/2013

What happened with Darnell Dockett?

by Anonymousreply 1904/17/2013

All 3 gay? I know the two on the outside are gay.

by Anonymousreply 2004/17/2013

Darnell...

More my type. Big and beefy!

by Anonymousreply 2104/17/2013

R20 Dhani's parents are family friends. No hints whatsoever from them.

by Anonymousreply 2204/17/2013

Good Lord, that little queenateena filmed what looks like his own pilot for a reality show. Looks like it was done when he was with Rhodes, too, so this little outing has been in the works a while.

In the comments, they're calling him "Mantasia."

by Anonymousreply 2304/17/2013

Why does Rhodes bother to deny it? The truth is there for everyone to see.

by Anonymousreply 2404/17/2013

[quote]The truth is there for everyone to see.

You say that as if that has ever stopped anyone from denying being gay if they don't want to be out.

by Anonymousreply 2604/17/2013

Are all the(rumored to be)gay players black?

by Anonymousreply 2704/17/2013

Um, he's not gay. All those photos are of him and a lady.

by Anonymousreply 2804/17/2013

Last week on TMZ: NFL star Kerry Rhodes -- who's been in the league since 2005 -- tells TMZ he's not gay ... despite reports suggesting otherwise.

Photos surfaced Thursday on MediaTakeOut.com showing 30-year-old Rhodes with his arm around a male friend. The site didn't say outright Rhodes was gay, but there was a strong insinuation ... not that there's anything wrong with it.

But Rhodes says he's as straight as an arrow -- telling TMZ, "Photos have been circulating of my former assistant and I that have caused some rumors regarding my sexuality, and I wanted to address the situation."

Rhodes then says flatly, "I am not gay."

Rhodes explains: "The shots were taken during a past vacation in a casual environment with my entire business team."

Rhodes says when it comes to being supportive of gay professional athletes coming out, he's on Magic Johnson's team: "I know a lot of people are recently talking about athletes struggling to come out to their fans right now, and I support them, as well as wish those individuals comfort."

Rhodes -- who played for the Cardinals last year -- is now a free agent.

by Anonymousreply 2904/17/2013

I swear to GOD! Why would anyone with two nickles to rub together spend on that ugly mofo?

by Anonymousreply 3004/17/2013

Kerry could do so much better!

by Anonymousreply 3104/17/2013

The Urban Daily posted about an hour ago:

OK, we have been trying to stay away from this story for several reasons, however with today’s explosive report from Bossip, this story has become impossible to keep ignoring. NFL Free Agent Kerry Rhodes has been fighting gay rumors for a little while now, and interviewers have consistently been asking him about the rumors or what he thought about gay NFL players coming out etc.

OK, again let’s reiterate that Kerry Rhodes has denied being gay in any way shape or form. Enter a guy named Russel “Hollywood” Simpson who claims to be Rhode’s ex-boyfriend. This man did not spill the tea, he turned the tea pot upside down and shook out every last alleged drop onto the table for all to see.

Rhodes, who as we previously discussed, is a free agent and this type of story could unfortunately ruin his chances of getting picked up by another team. So this being brought up now, is odd if not cruel. You don’t just get to be in the NFL because you feel like it. It takes a life time of hard work and preparation So, if this “Hollywood” guy was actually in love with Rhodes for real, why would he be so willing to throw this man under a bus? It’s not fair that things work this way in the NFL, but as for now, that’s the reality. Outting him smacks of opportunism and greed. It’s also very possible that this man is lying for a paycheck or to punish Rhodes for some reason.

Video and more at link.

by Anonymousreply 3204/17/2013

LOL at the Essence cover that r20 posted. They were pimping him out as some sort of "eligible bachelor"

by Anonymousreply 3304/18/2013

Not the first time r33.

by Anonymousreply 3404/18/2013

Duh, time to go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 3504/18/2013

Kerry should give Usher a call and ask him how he's kept his male concubines in line!

by Anonymousreply 3604/18/2013

MANTASHIA?! daksdfasljdfaksdfdsfaLOL

by Anonymousreply 3704/18/2013

Outing someone is so wrong on so many different levels. I just hope Mr. Rhodes is emotionally capable to cope with this allegation, and that is just what it is until he decides to go public. Perez Hilton was almost run out of Hollywood for trying to out everybody! As far as this "Miss Thang" Simpson person, he is nothing more than a vindictive, greedy, opportunistic, bitter queen, who gives the rest of us gays a bad name and reputation. I certainly hope the time will come when he has to be responsible for the shit he is causing.

by Anonymousreply 3804/18/2013

Sadly, I had to Google "red bottoms" and was very disappointed to find out they are shoes and not some new ass play fetish.

by Anonymousreply 3904/18/2013

I have no problem with an ex outing a closeted celebrity. The fact that this particular ex sounds like a total piece of work, ok, who really cares.

It only goes to show that gay celebs, just like straight ones, often get involved with assholes.

by Anonymousreply 4004/18/2013

I thought the saying was "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." Women have nothing on this parasite.

by Anonymousreply 4104/18/2013

Oh, "Mantasia!" The hair. Poor Fantasia. Didn't she get into a Twitter war recently? This will put her 'round the bend.

by Anonymousreply 4204/18/2013

Rhodes denied being gay despite some pretty convincing evidence that he was. I say good for that bitchy, vengeful ex-boyfriend of his dragging him out of the closet as part of a messy break-up. Rhodes must have known what sort of person Simpson was so his willingness to continue the charade and the lies will earn no sympathy from me. I hope this story gains a lot of traction and finally forces that closet case Rhodes to admit the truth.

by Anonymousreply 4304/18/2013

Love, love, LOVE the comment section on the bossip.com website! This one is a blast:

[quote]Chile, please. You don't know: I need to give you some web sites so you can see how some of these g4y black men can buss it wide open, twerk, and make it ripple, jiggle, and clap just like a woman, sometimes even better than a woman! I have heard some "straight" dudes say that other dudes can even give head better than most females. Chile, y'all don't know.

by Anonymousreply 4404/18/2013

He's a free agent. We'll see if any team picks him up next season.

by Anonymousreply 4504/18/2013

"Women have nothing on this parasite."

Please, save your hate for MARY Rhodes the liar.

"Outing someone is so wrong on so many different levels"

But of course we can out straight people as being adulterers...just ask Arnold, Tiger, etc. Why do some people think homosexuality should be off limits? Mary Rhodes lied and said he isn't gay. People have the right to call him out on those lies.

by Anonymousreply 4604/18/2013

Seems like they're both wrong.

by Anonymousreply 4704/18/2013

R47 is correct. They are both in the wrong, but the ex boyfriend is more wrong for outing him in this manner. He could lose his career. I can't stand it when people are forced out of the closet. I would have more respect for the ex if he would have just asked for cash to stay quiet. Kerry could have payed him well. Instead, he wants his five minutes of fame.

by Anonymousreply 4804/18/2013

"I can't stand it when people are forced out of the closet."

I can't stand it when people are dishonest about who they are and who they love. Sad that people still think homosexuality is a "dirty secret" in 2013...

by Anonymousreply 4904/18/2013

Last week, we had the story of several pro sports guys waiting to come out. Will this push them deeper into their closets?

by Anonymousreply 5004/18/2013

I agree with you, R49. The football player wants the benefits of a gay relationship while pretending to pass for straight. Fuck that shit. If he cares more about his career than being honest about himself, he should stay single and celibate. He has no right to demand that his lovers do his lying for him.

by Anonymousreply 5104/18/2013

This is now the trend, the hoes that these closeted men fuck out them. These dizzy queens think that they are Kim Kardashian. It will end in them being fabulously wealthy from a reality show and knocked up with a rapper's baby!

by Anonymousreply 5204/18/2013

[quote]These dizzy queens think that they are Kim Kardashian. It will end in them being fabulously wealthy from a reality show and knocked up with a rapper's baby!

When Kerry Rhodes' ex-boyfriend has a baby, he'll get plenty of offers for a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 5304/18/2013

Kerry Rhodes is a hot country boy. I can't believe he wasn't snatched up by a Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 5404/18/2013

Bossip has put out a list of all the ladies he has been with:

Jennifer Hudson Chrisette Michelle Eva Pigford K MICHELLE! Vivica Fox (Star Jones is laughing at this one!)

Anyway he is cute as hell I would love to have him on top of me, yes gawd!

by Anonymousreply 5504/18/2013

Here is the thing...I don't think that sexual preference is anyone's business at work. I do not discuss it with my coworkers, it is none of their business. I am out to friends and family. For all we know, he may be out to friends, and doesn't want to hurt his career. Telling the world should be his choice. Many football fans are homophobic rednecks, who will now taunt him and yell nasty things when he plays (assuming a team even wants him after all of this drama). This is sad, but it is the way things are at this point.

by Anonymousreply 5604/18/2013

Oh yeah, and this will absolutely push other players back into the closet.

by Anonymousreply 5704/18/2013

We had an interesting football story here several years ago. A bunch of football players had a pool party, all wearing Speedos. The host of the party found someone dead in the hot tub the next morning. Does anyone remember that?

by Anonymousreply 5804/18/2013

[quote] Many football fans are homophobic rednecks, who will now taunt him and yell nasty things when he plays. This is sad, but it is the way things are at this point.

This is was the way almost all people were at one point. You know what forced them to change? People coming out anyway knowing that people wouldn't like it. It is what caused people to rethink their discrimination when they realized someone they knew was gay.

You don't mention you are gay to your coworkers, but maybe having you as a coworker who happened to be gay would have helped normalize being gay to them. I am guessing your straight workers don't try to hide the fact they are straight and talk about their spouse and such. Funny, it's only "no one's business" when the sexuality isn't straight.

If everyone was a coward we would have gotten no where. It amazes me that people can't see this.

by Anonymousreply 5904/18/2013

The problem I have with the ex is that he was willing to keep Rhodes' secret while he was living off Rhodes' money. He's a hypocrite when he claims he's going public now because Rhodes is lying. The difference is that his money source dried up.

by Anonymousreply 6004/18/2013

r58 yes I remember. Trust me, if Kerry was at that party it would be burned in my memory because Ive had a crush on him for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 6104/18/2013

I wonder if he tried to blackmail Rhodes and he refused to pay, hence the revelation.

by Anonymousreply 6204/18/2013

r60 unfortunately that's what happens when you put your trust in someone who has less to lose than you do. But Kerry wouldn't have to worry about that if he was out as gay or bisexual. Or if he slept with other athletes, which Im sure he did but we'll never know who they are for sure.

by Anonymousreply 6304/18/2013

[quote]This is was the way almost all people were at one point. You know what forced them to change? People coming out anyway knowing that people wouldn't like it. It is what caused people to rethink their discrimination when they realized someone they knew was gay.

I agree. But it was more than that. It was also gay people in living rooms across America via "Will and Grace" and "Ellen." While some people have a problem with the portrayal of Jack McFarland, there were plenty of guest celebs in gay roles that were the opposite of queen. "Will and Grace" entered homes on a weekly basis for years and "Ellen" does it five days a week. TV has made gays a normal part of life in America.

by Anonymousreply 6404/18/2013

[quote]The problem I have with the ex is that he was willing to keep Rhodes' secret while he was living off Rhodes' money.

The problem I have with him is that he obviously has pics of Kerry's dick and he is withholding them. Come on now, if your going to do this go all out!

by Anonymousreply 6504/18/2013

Too bad R20, 'cause Dhani Jones, the one is the middle, is supremely gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 6604/18/2013

[quote]The problem I have with him is that he obviously has pics of Kerry's dick

or better yet a sex tape where he smashing that shady queen to pieces!

by Anonymousreply 6704/18/2013

"Love lift us up where we belong..."

by Anonymousreply 6804/18/2013

gurl

by Anonymousreply 6904/18/2013

Does anyone know why Kerry Rhodes dumped this guy?

by Anonymousreply 7004/19/2013

What this guy did is bad but I do applaud his quickness in getting that car under his name. As he said he's "not a dumb bitch"

Well done sir.

by Anonymousreply 7104/19/2013

Something better came along?

by Anonymousreply 7204/19/2013

You would think Kerry Rhodes could find a hotter bf.

by Anonymousreply 7304/19/2013

Perhaps Kerry thought he was hot?

by Anonymousreply 7404/19/2013

He was hot to him r73

by Anonymousreply 7504/19/2013

It is weird to figure out the attraction. He's is an ugly little dude and seems obnoxious. I mean ... anyone who's big ambition is to become a reality tv star -- I can't think of anything more repellent.

But I guess he had something the big jock liked.

I do agree "Hollywood's" not doing this out of some noble desire to be true to himself.

by Anonymousreply 7604/19/2013

Just as that saying goes: if you lie down with dogs...

But I have to give it to the blabby jilted ho, his gold digging game is good.

by Anonymousreply 7704/19/2013

I wonder if Kerry has any other tricks or bfs who will be coming forward. He's hot and a professional athlete so he probably gets around...

by Anonymousreply 7804/19/2013

Matching tattoos!

by Anonymousreply 7904/19/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 8004/20/2013

The kid had the smarts to make sure the car was in his name. When the money stopped coming from Rhodes, he was well-prepared to out him.

by Anonymousreply 8104/20/2013

[quote]I wonder if Kerry has any other tricks or bfs who will be coming forward

You know he does, and some of them are probably other athletes. I do feel a *little* sorry for Kerry that he had to get outed like this. But its not like he wasnt aware that those suggestive photos might hit the net. I wish Kerry had a solid relationship with man, and decided to come out with the support of a partner. That would do wonders for the gays, especially black gays.

by Anonymousreply 8204/20/2013

Here is Kerry is at a Lakers game this week with his BFF Karina Smirnoff Ice. LOOK at those guns! Mantasia better hope Kerry doesn't snap his neck

by Anonymousreply 8304/20/2013

I'd be Kerry's downlow bf, and I'd keep it secret.

Call me, Kerry?

by Anonymousreply 8404/20/2013

Look at their size differential.

I need for Mantasia and Diksukka to do a class on how to land trade that is WAY out of your league.

by Anonymousreply 8504/20/2013

Gurl..I wonder if Kerry has tapped John Legend's legendary cakes!

by Anonymousreply 8604/20/2013

Is he wearing a bedazzled denim vest in that picture with Karina Smirnoff? (His arms do look hot, though)

by Anonymousreply 8704/20/2013

John Legend has been rumored to be bi for years... People were talking about his gay flings at UPenn, where he attended under his birth name, John Stephens.

by Anonymousreply 8804/20/2013

He'll probably start "dating" some female celebrity to counter the gay rumors. Julianne Hough is available...or how about Camilla Belle, Tim Tebow's ex?

by Anonymousreply 8904/20/2013

This is what Russell had to say about how their sexual relationship started. Interesting what he says about gay courtship, despite all his ratchetness:

[quote]"Of course he came on to me. I'm too fabulous to come on to anybody. That's not what I do. I have a lot of men that come on to me. I don't come on to men because I don't know what time it is for you. I would never come on to a man. Honestly, a lot of gay guys are like me. A lot of gay guys don't come on to guys. It's always the other way around. It's always the manly ones. Of course I wouldn't come on to anybody. Yes, I thought he was attractive but I thought he liked girls."

by Anonymousreply 9004/20/2013

God, what an insufferable little douche. I feel sorry for Kerry that he got stuck with that.

by Anonymousreply 9104/20/2013

This guy is probably telling the truth about Kerry being gay, but Im thinking he's lying about having sex with him. Judging from these photos, Kerry is a very big tease.

A lot of men like Kerry string guys along to boost their ego. They have very fluid sexuality because they love attention. Russell aka Mantasia is probably mad because they had a falling out and Kerry hadnt given him the dick yet.

by Anonymousreply 9204/20/2013

You have to br joking, r92.

by Anonymousreply 9304/20/2013

Kerry has already dated a lot of hot female celebrities. It won't be like his upcoming female dates will be different from his past behavior.

by Anonymousreply 9404/21/2013

Of all the hot ass a stud like Kerry Rhodes could get, he ends up with fucking Miss J??

by Anonymousreply 9504/21/2013

1 - The photos make a strong argument they were involved in a sexual/romantic relationship.

2 - Kerry indicated he is not gay, he never said anything about being bi. Assuming he is bi then his previous/current relationships with women are legitimate, not shams.

3- I don't find that 'Hollywood' guy physically attractive but to each their own. What I don't understand is how someone could spend 5 minutes alone with him and not want to strangle him, his personality is that odious.

by Anonymousreply 9604/21/2013

This queen will be a 48 Hours segement in 12 months. I also love how people think this is such a mismatch. Why is it so strange that a big tank of a guy would want to pound someone small and delicate? Straight guys do it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 9704/21/2013

r97, Kerry being like The Hulk compared to this guy is not the big deal. Its the fact that Russel is average looking to be the jump off for a guy as handsome and as well built as Kerry. I would think Kerry's boo would look more like Sheldon Stephens or or Darryl Stephens since he likes to smash smaller framed guys.

Anyway, Kerry, if you're reading this, Id be glad to fly out to wherever you're located to be your new average looking assistant/whore!

by Anonymousreply 9804/21/2013

Kerry is smiling at the Lakers game because he knows he will be getting boipussy thrown at him left and right now

by Anonymousreply 9904/21/2013

There is so much wrong about this.

A fame slut tries to take the moral high gound.I had to Iit him cause he was lying.

Give me break.this guy cares nothing about his ex only his reality show .What a Nasty bastard.

If the guy really cared about Kerry he would not have mentioned the reality show 4 times in one sentence.

Everyone thinks this guy should be famous.I think he decided to push this himself.

Talk about passive aggressive. One moment he is saying how wonderful the Kerry is.The next how dumb he is.

The only dumb thing kerry has done is going out with a fame attention whore

by Anonymousreply 10004/21/2013

Like r96 said, I think Kerry believes he's bi. I think he'll go with anyone he can manipulate. He's just got played by that famewhore.

by Anonymousreply 10104/21/2013

Ooh my......

by Anonymousreply 10204/21/2013

r92, get on meds.

to the rest of you: GOOD FOR THE LIL QUEEN!

Why is it so shameful to be gay? To be fucking a guy?

If Kerry had fucked a broad (a la Tiger Woods situation) none of you NONE would be saying "OMG, I feel so sorry for Tiger Woods. He got "outed" by his slutty gf" Instead he was a big stud fucking anything that moved.

Kerry should be PROUD he's a hot mofo who happens to fuck guys' asses and suck dick.

by Anonymousreply 10304/21/2013

r102...THIS is why I love the DL!!! Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 10404/21/2013

r102 GURRRRL!

by Anonymousreply 10504/21/2013

I mean really r104, Kerry looks like he fucked both of them last night and he's making both of them make his breakfast!

by Anonymousreply 10604/21/2013

Who else wants to be a fly on the wall to hear John hit the notes as Kerry hits this from the back?

by Anonymousreply 10704/21/2013

John Legend has male-style steatopygia. He also has really big nipples. I would love for nudes of him to leak.

by Anonymousreply 10804/21/2013

More!

by Anonymousreply 10904/21/2013

Rumors from 2009 of a fling with Tyson Beckford. Now THOSE sex tapes would be hot!

by Anonymousreply 11104/21/2013

Wonder why both Kerry and the guy who used to play Elmo are do attracted to ultra femme men. They could be women! I guess it's like having the best if both worlds...Guess I have to be a tranny to get a man like Kerry....

by Anonymousreply 11204/21/2013

ROFLMAO r53

by Anonymousreply 11304/21/2013

"red bottoms"

Please explain - cos the images going through my head really aint pretty...

by Anonymousreply 11404/21/2013

Damn this is juicier than a grapefruit! And r112 there are a lot of guys who like femmey neck rollin Miss thangs like Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 11504/21/2013

Good find, r111!

by Anonymousreply 11604/21/2013

I wonder how many other closeted athletes are dating their "assistants"

by Anonymousreply 11704/21/2013

Kerry is so fine, Id let him gut it out me every night!

Queens are so greedy these days.

by Anonymousreply 11804/21/2013

Is that a wedding ring on Mantasia? I see him wearing it in a lot of pics.

by Anonymousreply 11904/21/2013

Mantasia=best thing on this thread

says it all

OOh Kerry, you in danger! Actually you in the shit.

by Anonymousreply 12004/21/2013

He looks and sounds like a tacky ghetto queen...ick.

by Anonymousreply 12104/21/2013

[quote]OOh Kerry, you in danger! Actually you in the shit.

LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 12204/21/2013

[quote]Wonder why both Kerry and the guy who used to play Elmo are do attracted to ultra femme men. They could be women! I guess it's like having the best if both worlds..

They pretend they are doing pussy...it can be hot if you let yourself go there. Ms. Kerry Baby has!

by Anonymousreply 12304/21/2013

In my experience, a lot of bisexual guys go for smaller, more feminine guys. When I was younger, I was a bit more androgynous looking - I had more married men come onto me than anything. Yes, I know some are going to argue, "that's because they were gay." I don't buy the black & white bullshit, though. It's not that neat and tidy.

by Anonymousreply 12404/21/2013

A website called AllHipHop.com reported that Rhodes has been "outted." Why am I not surprised they can't spell?

by Anonymousreply 12504/21/2013

True r124. Some guys will go for anyone that is on the feminine side, they just want to know you want to get fucked. They don't care if you have a penis or not. Actually, the fact that you have a dick makes them feel even more masculine since you are basically giving up your manhood to them.

by Anonymousreply 12604/21/2013

"In my experience, a lot of bisexual guys go for smaller, more feminine guys"

Most gay guys I know who are tops want guys who are smaller than themselves

"They pretend they are doing pussy"

If they wanted pussy they would just date women and not men.

by Anonymousreply 12704/21/2013

[quote]If they wanted pussy they would just date women and not men.

If it was all so simple!

by Anonymousreply 12804/21/2013

Next we will find out Kerry has been fucking Will Smith for years too. And Will Smith's boyfriend Duane. And Dwayne Johnson. And Obama.

by Anonymousreply 12904/21/2013

"red bottoms"

by Anonymousreply 13004/21/2013

[quote] I wonder how many other closeted athletes are dating their "assistants"

Aaron Rodgers and his “assistant” Kevin have been extensively discussed in another thread about an active NFL player to come out soon

by Anonymousreply 13104/23/2013

[R27], you act as if that is a bad thing? It's good for once that the black gay & bisexual males like us have a little famous eyecandy for once.

by Anonymousreply 13204/23/2013

[R92], only an idiot would be that stupid to be strung along for a year and some change without some dick...

by Anonymousreply 13304/23/2013

Black like femmy guys

by Anonymousreply 13404/23/2013

Most gay black men like femmy guys with big asses.

by Anonymousreply 13504/23/2013

Why does everyone also want to stereotype? Some gay men like feminine guys. Some do not. Maybe Kerry does, or maybe he just happened to like this one guy.

There is a large contingent of black men that only hook up with other masculine black men if you want to play into stereotypes of the whole downlow culture.

But yeah, people can just be people without you stereotyping them.

by Anonymousreply 13604/23/2013

[quote]Most gay black men like femmy guys with big asses.

I wont argue with that!

by Anonymousreply 13704/24/2013

The scorned boyfriend is a twit, but I think he's better looking, face-wise, than Rhodes.

John Legend is the cutest of the three.

by Anonymousreply 13804/24/2013

Rhodes is much better looking facially. And everything else.

by Anonymousreply 13904/24/2013

I'm not an advocate for outing anyone at all, BUT when you link up with a tacky, materialistic, shallow queen like that you've got to have some idea of what you're in for. Then again, Kerry Rhodes doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

Also, why does every queen think they need to be on a reality show lately? Wasn't that Antoine Dodson queen supposed to be on one too?

by Anonymousreply 14004/24/2013

I thought most DL dudes avoid contact with femmy dudes for fear that the association will out them.

by Anonymousreply 14104/24/2013

Hi GBM, nice to see you are still lurking here.

by Anonymousreply 14204/24/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 14304/24/2013

Remember the Minnesota Twins players who had sex accusations lodged against him last year by a dude? Somehow, it got no traction and the player never really directly addressed the allegations. Of course, there were no pics in that case, but sometimes the public doesn't want closeted people to come out and play right along.

by Anonymousreply 14404/24/2013

This will go away, Kerry is black and most people will not care.

by Anonymousreply 14504/25/2013

You know what, r145? I don't think the public would care if the player was white. People just don't go for outing stories. There's just something so nasty about it, and reinforces the idea that being gay is "bad" and the mainstream media generally tries not to do that anymore.

The fact that the one doing the outing is such a desperate, repellent queen certainly isn't doing the story any favors either. If he wanted to do this right, he would've gotten a publicist and went straight for the mainstream, not 5 minutes of Internet "fame" on black gossip blogs.

But, again, he's so unappealing I'm sure nobody would book him.

Hey r137, I think my crazy stalkers have all moved on, so I decided to start posting authenticated again.

by Anonymousreply 14604/25/2013

Yeah, based on internet response, people get angry at the person that outs another person and want to protect or deny for the dude that was outted. People seem especially sympathetic to outted athletes and masculine type guys. They have especially harsh about guys like Hollywood, who they think are vicious queens trying to bring a jock dude down.

by Anonymousreply 14704/25/2013

The boyfriend is an asshole and has absolutely no good intention in outing Rhodes, but on the other hand, that's the risk of being closeted. Rhodes can't be too indignant, and shouldn't be that surprised. It's always a possibility that the lover will out the closeted dude.

by Anonymousreply 14804/26/2013

Closeted dudes should only get involved with closeted dudes. This is what happens when a closeted masculine guy dates a fem guy.

by Anonymousreply 14904/26/2013

"Remember the Minnesota Twins players who had sex accusations lodged against him last year by a dude?"

Link please

by Anonymousreply 15004/26/2013

So whats the latest? Has Kerry admitted he likes that boipussy yet?!

by Anonymousreply 15104/26/2013

Has he gotten a Kardashian pregnant, yet?

by Anonymousreply 15204/27/2013

any reaction to Jason Collins' coming out from Kerry?

by Anonymousreply 15304/29/2013

HONEY , Its NO WONDER why he chose this BROKE DOWN, MISERABLE TREASURE TROLL CHIA PET ALPO EATING TADPOLE OF A GURL for his first PREMIUM GAY LOVER

CHILE i have heard from many sources. KERRY HAS A LITTLE DICK and the only one he knew he could throw it on without being laughed at is this QUEEN.

IF KERRY had a BIG DICK like the BIG BOYS out there, he would have went for a larger guy, but he didnt want to be ridiculed.

NOW THATS THE REAL TEA.............HONEY....

by Anonymousreply 15405/01/2013

I wonder how Kerry is feeling now?

by Anonymousreply 15505/01/2013

Hollywood has not gotten the amount of mainstream media attention you would think he would get. He may try to do something to get more hype in the shadow of Jason Collins.

by Anonymousreply 15605/01/2013

LOL r154!!!

by Anonymousreply 15705/01/2013

I wonder if Kerry has taken legal action against Mantasia, havent heard anything else about this story

by Anonymousreply 15805/01/2013

This story is dead now that the basketball player is out.

by Anonymousreply 15905/01/2013

He has a pic of him and Stalone on his Twitter page, and is ignoring all the gay stuff. It may work.

Until you see a pic of his house, and the roses give it all back.

by Anonymousreply 16005/01/2013

J. Tweezy!!!

Tell it like it is, now!!!!

by Anonymousreply 16105/01/2013

No other dude has come forth thus far. Perhaps, Hollywood was a fluke.

by Anonymousreply 16205/02/2013

The haven't come forward cause they still want Kerry's penis regularly

by Anonymousreply 16305/02/2013

Or he could still be keeping them on the payroll, r163.

by Anonymousreply 16405/03/2013

Or maybe they all love Kerry so deeply.

by Anonymousreply 16505/03/2013

Probably both, r164.

by Anonymousreply 16605/03/2013

No one's bitchier about cock-size than a queen. Therefore, I doubt Rhodes has anything to worry about it in that department

by Anonymousreply 16705/03/2013

r167, how do you know that about queens, dude? you date them?

by Anonymousreply 16805/05/2013

This story really fizzled quickly.

by Anonymousreply 16905/06/2013

Here's someone we haven't seen in a few weeks! Hey Hollywood! Hey Kerry! These photos actually did not come from Hollywood himself. They were sent to me by an anonymous source claiming to also "work with an NFL Baller". The source also claims that Hollywood is not lying. I simply just wanted to post these photos because no one else has them. I know this will ruin my chances of getting an invite to Kerry's wedding, though.

by Anonymousreply 17005/08/2013

The bottom pic in r170's link - who are the other guys in the photo with Kerry and "Hollywood"?

Seriously, Kerry is so, so hot. His body is INSANE.

by Anonymousreply 17105/09/2013

Love, love, love. NBA star Jason Collins has inspired so many people to share their own stories. One of the latest: Seventeen-year-old Leo Washington of Hollywood. Washington is the co-captain of the Hollywood Hills High School football team ... and openly gay.

The teen transferred to Hollywood Hills HS after being repeatedly bullied in Georgia, reports Miami's CBS 4. Now he is described as the"best defensive lineman" on the district champion's team.

Whether he’s in shoulder pads and a helmet, or walking the field with a Michael Kors bag on his shoulder, Leo knows who he is and has the respect and friendship of his team and classmates. "This is who I am today, athletic, smart, intelligent, nice and comfortable in my own skin," said Leo. "They have taken me in as their own brother and I will protect them from any other school that tries to come at them and disrespect them."

If anyone were to pick on him," said teammate Eli Gottlieb. "We would all have his back. If anyone were to pick on us for anything about us, he would have our back."

"[Washington] had several opportunities for football scholarships, but he said in college he’s following his other passion. He’s getting a degree in fashion."

And that's what makes this story especially interesting: Leo Washington doesn't fit the "hyper masculine" stereotype of a football player ... but he is very good at what he does, walking in his truth and "comfortable in his own skin." Werk! More in my analysis for EBONY, "Jason Collins Has “Reframed the Conversation” Around Sports, Blacks and Homophobia."

by Anonymousreply 17205/09/2013

r172, some people still lie about who they are unfortunately. Just ask Kerry.

by Anonymousreply 17305/09/2013

Wow that guy in R172 comes off as also trans like.

by Anonymousreply 17405/09/2013

wow wow wow R170 he's not just gay, he's GAY

by Anonymousreply 17505/10/2013

Nice link r170.

by Anonymousreply 17605/10/2013

They make a cute couple, don't they R170? Kerry [italic]should[/italic] be out and proud about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are family or religious obstacles between him and self-acceptance (let's not forget societal). I hope he sorts himself out soon.

I loved R172's linked story too. Inspirational.

by Anonymousreply 17705/10/2013

Why doesn't he just date women.

by Anonymousreply 17805/10/2013

who are the other dudes in the Baller Alert pic?

by Anonymousreply 17905/10/2013

Seems like Kerry really did love Hollywood before it all fell apart.

by Anonymousreply 18005/10/2013

Kerry is very hot.

by Anonymousreply 18105/10/2013

"Kerry is very hot."

Yep. I wonder if he'll start getting male "groupies" now that people know he's family...

by Anonymousreply 18205/10/2013

Well, he certainly could parlay this into some type of beefcake industry, such as fitness modeling.

by Anonymousreply 18305/10/2013

Is Tyson Beckford being passed around by closeted athletes? He has also been photographed out on the town with Vince Carter (rumored to be on the downlow)

by Anonymousreply 18405/10/2013

ds

by Anonymousreply 18505/14/2013

vfv

by Anonymousreply 18605/14/2013

All are closeted queens

by Anonymousreply 18705/14/2013

Kerry is definitely not a queen. That dude is all man.

by Anonymousreply 18805/14/2013

Real men do not hide in closet

by Anonymousreply 18905/14/2013

Real men often do hide in the closet. There is nothing inherent about being a man and being totally candid and open. In fact, men tend to be guarded and secretive than women.

by Anonymousreply 19005/14/2013

It would have been nice if Kerry just hinted that he might have been more than friends with this guy. Judging by these pics, he was already living his life in the open, which is rare for celebrity guys who haven't announced they are gay or bisexual. He would have commanded a ton of respect from everyone by simply acknowledging it for what it was.

by Anonymousreply 19105/14/2013

Kerry, the text messages don't lie

[quote]I love u silly that aint gone change," the safety wrote

by Anonymousreply 19205/14/2013

This link has all the photos and the interview with Russell Hollywood about his former lover. Fairly convincing.

by Anonymousreply 19305/14/2013

Wow. How can he continue to deny that

by Anonymousreply 19405/14/2013

Some people are still saying it does not prove a romantic relationship; they could have just been "intense bros."

by Anonymousreply 19505/14/2013

Do they have a picture or video where the man goes up into the man?

by Anonymousreply 19605/14/2013

"I won't us like we was."

So romantic.

by Anonymousreply 19705/14/2013

PHOTOSHOP!

by Anonymousreply 19805/14/2013

Oh MY, r193.

Give it up, Rhodes. Admit you are gay.

by Anonymousreply 19905/14/2013

Please tell me Rhodes doesn't have a college degree.

by Anonymousreply 20005/14/2013

I'm pretty sure his ex boyfriend is actually Fantasia.

by Anonymousreply 20105/14/2013

lol

Fantasia actually said... Kerry is kinda a dumb athlete, like a dumb jock.

by Anonymousreply 20205/14/2013

Interesting that mainstream press has not fallen for this story. Deadspin notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 20305/14/2013

[quote]Fantasia actually said... Kerry is kinda a dumb athlete, like a dumb jock.

Gurl...I wonder who he thinks is dumb now, since Ms. Kerry Baby has hired some goons to take of him! Fantasia has been oddly silent for the past couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 20405/14/2013

What broke them up? Did ex ever say?

And, why do they both use won't in place of want?

ex....I just don't won't it to be to late.

I'm going to keep trying bc I won't what we had.

Now Rhodes -

I won't u2 really understand

Fucking STRANGE!

by Anonymousreply 20505/14/2013

These texts, pics mean nothing...besides Hollywood is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 20605/14/2013

r207 = Ms. Kerry Baby!

by Anonymousreply 20705/14/2013

[quote] I won't us like we was

by Anonymousreply 20805/15/2013

Interesting how alot of people think the pics don't prove any romantic activity between the two. People will presume a masculine guy is heterosexual unless the guy says otherwise no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 20905/15/2013

Kerry Rhodes in a cop uniform on a bike.

by Anonymousreply 21005/15/2013

Hollywood does not come off well in this interview.

by Anonymousreply 21105/15/2013

omg 211

by Anonymousreply 21205/15/2013

I do feel for Kerry. He seems like a very nice and trusting dude.

by Anonymousreply 21305/15/2013

His gay porn name should be Kerry LOADS

by Anonymousreply 21405/15/2013

"Interesting how alot of people think the pics don't prove any romantic activity between the two. People will presume a masculine guy is heterosexual unless the guy says otherwise no matter what."

Some people just can't accept that a football player might be a 'mo

by Anonymousreply 21505/15/2013

Kerry is friggin hot. So buff and masculine. My type.

by Anonymousreply 21605/15/2013

Has John Legend and his donkey booty commented on this story yet?

by Anonymousreply 21705/15/2013

R210, this place is full of self-hating queens

by Anonymousreply 21805/15/2013

Kerry Rhodes' body is almost criminal it is so hot.

by Anonymousreply 21905/16/2013

Browns GM Mike Lombardi indicated the Browns are not pursuing free agent FS Kerry Rhodes at this time.

by Anonymousreply 22005/17/2013

"Browns GM Mike Lombardi indicated the Browns are not pursuing free agent FS Kerry Rhodes at this time."

It would be sad if they turned him down because of his sexuality...

by Anonymousreply 22105/17/2013

[R191], you are a fucking idiot. An adult doesn't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of what they do in their bedroom. Kerry is about as much a man as a bar of soap is edible. Dude is a paranoid delusional BITCH plain and simple. His body might be nice but dude is a bigger bitch than that Hollywood character...

by Anonymousreply 22205/17/2013

LOS ÁNGELES (California) – El mundo del deporte está viviendo tremenda polémica, y todo es porque el futbolista mexicano Jonathan Dos Santos, dio a conocer una foto por Twitter, en la que supuestamente declara su amor a Thiago Alcantara, también futbolista, algo que muchos han interpretado como una declaración de que es gay.

En dicho mensaje, Dos Santos dice: “A tu lado este día aún fue más especial #tamojuntosempre #teamo @thi_alcantara91”

Como era de esperarse, esto de inmediato provocó una gran controversia, pues muchos no se imaginaban que este deportista tan famoso, pudiera ser homosexual.

Hasta el momento Jonathan Dos Santos no ha hecho declaraciones al respecto, por lo que todavía cabe la posibilidad de que todo se trata de una broma del futbolista, o de que alguien haya invadido su cuenta de Twitter mandando el mensaje a sus espaldas.

A continuación puedes ver el mensaje que apareció en la cuenta de Twitter de Jonathan Dos Santos y después te invitamos a compartir tu opinión al respecto.

by Anonymousreply 22305/17/2013

Que?

by Anonymousreply 22405/17/2013

[quote]His body might be nice but dude is a bigger bitch than that Hollywood character...

mmmhmm yes, you know you would have your ankles behind your ears, just like Mantasia, if Kerry showed up at your doorstep. He would call you a bitch, and you would like it!

by Anonymousreply 22505/17/2013

Naw, he is all man.

by Anonymousreply 22605/17/2013

[quote]Que?

Ay, querido.

by Anonymousreply 22705/17/2013

[quote]Que?

Mexican football player tweeted a pretty romantic declaration of his love for another Mexican football player.

Media (Telemundo of course) on fire, but it is not yet known if it's true, a joke, a prank, or account hijacking, as the Mexican Romeo has not said a thing beyond the tweet.

by Anonymousreply 22805/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 22905/17/2013

Thank you, r229!

by Anonymousreply 23005/17/2013

r230, he looks very cute in his Jimmy Fallon shirt!

by Anonymousreply 23105/17/2013

[R226], sorry but I'm not some thirsty, low self-esteem gutterbucket. I have self-respect for myself. As a matter of fact, the last time a dude called me a bitch he got punched dead in his face. Yeah, I've even thrown dudes out of my house head first. I'm not a small guy at all so if a dude calls me a 'bitch' even in the heat of passion will get his ass kicked.

Meanwhile, Kerry is still a bitch because he can't be honest with himself that he is as gay as Labor Day (in Atlanta).

by Anonymousreply 23205/17/2013

[quote] I have self-respect for myself.

As opposed to having self-respect for others?

by Anonymousreply 23305/17/2013

[R234], "self-respect" for others? That doesn't even make any sense. The semantics of that statement is a logical as asking if water is wet.

If you are asking if I have respect for others? Of course, I do when they have respect for themselves, but in the case of Kerry Rhodes, nope...

by Anonymousreply 23405/17/2013

r229, with all the attention, why haven't De Santos or Alcantara officially spoken on the matter?

by Anonymousreply 23505/17/2013

R230 Is there a hole in his pants?

by Anonymousreply 23605/18/2013

Rhodes seems like a very nice dude. I hope he gets picked up by a team soon.

by Anonymousreply 23705/18/2013

R235 are you so dumb that you can't even tell when you are the one being joshed? Since you've then decided to continue arguing and get all antagonistic, I guess there's no other choice but to ruin the punch line by explaining it in detail, to the chagrin of most everybody else who probably got it and are now rolling their eyes at having to see a common and frankly not so clever joke drawn out and explained.

"Self-respect for myself" (what you said)is redundant. There's no other kind of self-respect but the one someone has for themselves. Therefore your statement is ridiculous, overdrawn, and - to put it simply -grammatically incorrect.

Passion and bad grammar don't mix well. The ignorance gets magnified to pompous levels -the worst kind - and detracts from whatever your point is.

The fact that you didn't even get the retort at r234 only drives the point further and is, in a nutshell, alarming.

And there it is - what started as good natured ribbing has deteriorated into a squabble, but you left me no choice.

by Anonymousreply 23805/18/2013

[quote]"self-respect" for others? That doesn't even make any sense. The semantics of that statement is a logical as asking if water is wet.

Yes. It's almost as ridiculous as saying "self-respect for myself", isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 23905/18/2013

There is speculation that the Panthers could take Rhodes.

by Anonymousreply 24005/18/2013

[quote][R230] Is there a hole in his pants?

yes, a peep hole

by Anonymousreply 24105/18/2013

"There is speculation that the Panthers could take Rhodes."

Methinks he'd be more at home with the PACKERS

by Anonymousreply 24205/18/2013

r243, you FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 24305/18/2013

what is wrong with you gullible fucks?

YOU SEE PROOF! PICS! AND YET YOU STILL QUESTION THIS?!?!?!???

by Anonymousreply 24405/18/2013

r245, its the same reason some less than bright posters here believe that Anderson Cooper and his French partner are in a monogamous relationship, despite there being photographic evidence of Anderson's partner clearly sucking another man's face.

by Anonymousreply 24505/18/2013

I wonder how long before this disgusting mincing fairy gets the same treatment for outing Rhodes that Perry former received?

by Anonymousreply 24705/19/2013

The drip drip has not added up to much. It has gotten almost no mainstream media coverage, and reaction has been mixed with many saying the pics prove nothing.

by Anonymousreply 24805/19/2013

Perry's lover got it because Perry is worth nearly a billion dollars. You don't fuck with money in this country. Money put you above the law in the USA.

Makes me wonder about Oprah though. She and Perry have joined forces and Perry will be moving all his productions to her network. If she ever found out that dear ole Tyler had somebody cut for outing him, will she stand by him? I guess she has to now.

by Anonymousreply 24905/19/2013

"It has gotten almost no mainstream media coverage, and reaction has been mixed with many saying the pics prove nothing."

The people saying the pics "prove nothing" are the same people who think John Travolta just loves kissing his platonic male friends

by Anonymousreply 25005/19/2013

R247 who are you trying to impress throwing around words like "oxymoron" and "semantics" (both improperly used, BTW)?.

Your pompous ignorance continues clouding your points.

by Anonymousreply 25105/19/2013

[R252], sure it does.

Meanwhile, your devoid of logic undermines yours...

This is coming from somebody condones delusional behavior.

by Anonymousreply 25205/20/2013

[R252], sure it does NOT. It might have gone over your head, but it is pretty clear to others. Are you mad that my lexicon is larger and more versatile than yours?

Meanwhile, your devoid of logic undermines your argument.

This is coming from somebody that condones delusional behavior.

by Anonymousreply 25305/20/2013

People will think the pictures prove nothing until there are pics of Kerry Rhodes kissing a dude, or doing something overtly sexual. While his pics with Hollywood suggest a close bond with him, many people will explain them off as frolicking bros.

by Anonymousreply 25405/20/2013

and this is why this society MUST change.

OUT THEM ALL!!!

by Anonymousreply 25505/20/2013

r255 Kissing pictures will not do the trick either. People will claim that the man in the picture kissing another man is not him or that it was photoshopped. Some people just refuse to believe that the evidence right in front of them is fact. There will always be those that will not face the truth no matter what the facts of the situation are or what evidence is presented to them.

by Anonymousreply 25605/20/2013

This little vapid, queeny cunt is exactly why so many men live so far in the closet. Instead of being able to live their life and come out in their own way they have to worry about self important malicious children that are in it for attention, money, or because someone's life is better than their own. How many guys took a few steps backward into the closet because of this horrid little girl wannabe?

by Anonymousreply 25705/20/2013

Yeah, a lot people are taking Kerry's side of the story because they dislike Hollywood. Interesting, that on mainstream forums, people are saying Hollywood is lying because there is no way a man like Kerry would be attracted to a fem guy who looks like Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 25805/20/2013

Imagine how different a place the world would be if these closeted celebrities and athletes were not protected. Perhaps people would be more accepting of gays if everyone knew how many gay men there were in the public spotlight.

Pretty sad and shameful if you ask me. It is 2013, I came out when I was 18 in 1997, I was much happier having done so. Granted I was not in the public eye so I was not judged in the same way a well known person would be. At the same time people just need to be their genuine selves and stop dancing around all of this closeted BS. It is ridiculous in this day and age.

by Anonymousreply 25905/20/2013

r260, were you a football player when you came out?

by Anonymousreply 26005/20/2013

R260 - The question you might want to ask yourself is why you haven't made enough of an impression yourself to depend on what a celebrity, that you will never meet, does. You are in control of your own life and your actions shape the views of those around you. Own up to it and drive change.

by Anonymousreply 26105/20/2013

"This little vapid, queeny cunt is exactly why so many men live so far in the closet. Instead of being able to live their life and come out in their own way they have to worry about self important malicious children that are in it for attention, money, or because someone's life is better than their own. How many guys took a few steps backward into the closet because of this horrid little girl wannabe?"

Oh, please. Stop trying to blame the closet on guys like "Hollywood" and maybe try to blame the homophobic culture surrounding sports. Part of me feels sorry for guys like Rhodes because it is really hard for athletes to live any kind of an openly gay life. Some people just can't accept that a football player could like guys, which is why they are still trying to spin this relationship as "just friends." Athletes have to deal with homophobic fans, teammates, and other bullshit like college players at the NFL combine being asked about their sexual orientation. That said, Kerry lied not just about his sexuality but about this relationship. How would you feel if your boyfriend tried to pass you off as a business associate?

by Anonymousreply 26205/20/2013

"Own up to it and drive change"

Too bad Kerry Rhodes won't do that...

by Anonymousreply 26305/20/2013

R263, there were times, depending on our customers and the country we were in, that both of us passed the other off as a business associate. It didn't bother either one of us in the least.

by Anonymousreply 26405/20/2013

"there were times, depending on our customers and the country we were in, that both of us passed the other off as a business associate. It didn't bother either one of us in the least."

Well it would bother other people. Kerry has the right to lie about who he is but he doesn't have the right to force others to lie for him. If you want to be on the downlow, stick to other downlow guys and don't fuck loud'n'proud queens who have no reason to remain in the closet...

by Anonymousreply 26505/20/2013

Well said, R266. The football player absolutely deserved to be outed.

by Anonymousreply 26605/20/2013

r266 well said

by Anonymousreply 26705/20/2013

The "loud'n'proud queen" didn't seem to have a problem with it until she got dumped and her chance at a reality TV show went with down the sewer as well.

You all rage on about closet cases, you can thank this little cunt for pushing guys further into it. He outed one guy at the expense of many.

by Anonymousreply 26805/20/2013

"You all rage on about closet cases, you can thank this little cunt for pushing guys further into it."

Oh, please. You still haven't explained how this guy is pushing anyone into the closet. Kerry was already in the closet, like many other athletes who feel like they have to live a lie while playing professional sports.

by Anonymousreply 26905/20/2013

Kerry AND the stunt queen are both in the wrong.

by Anonymousreply 27005/20/2013

r271 agreed

by Anonymousreply 27105/20/2013

well said

by Anonymousreply 27205/20/2013

Kerry could put an immediate end to any power or control Hollywood has by simply coming out. Hollywood will become a footnote at that point in time and Kerry will hailed as a hero.

by Anonymousreply 27305/20/2013

Kerry ain't coming out, man.

by Anonymousreply 27405/21/2013

Are you serious, r274?

by Anonymousreply 27505/21/2013

Kerry should call Tyler Perry for a job.

by Anonymousreply 27605/26/2013

crickets

by Anonymousreply 27705/28/2013

Crickets because this thread is six weeks old and there is nothing new to add to it.

by Anonymousreply 27805/28/2013

Birds of a feather!

by Anonymousreply 27905/28/2013

Yass hunnies

by Anonymousreply 28005/28/2013

Nice of Kerry and Tyson to bring the beard patrol along on their date!

by Anonymousreply 28105/28/2013

From most accounts, Kerry Rhodes was an above average player on an above average defense for the Arizona Cardinals last season.

Yet he, Paris Lenon and Michael Adams, among a few others from that defense, remain unemployed and looking the outside in before the end of the organized training activities and minicamps.

Why? Was it the former defensive coordinator Ray Horton's scheme? Age and/or contract worries? Off the field issues? Maybe a combination/part of all the sums?

With some of the defensive players, the decision is easy. Vonnie Holiday and Nick Eason - while probably serviceable - are nearing retirement age. James Sanders is getting long in the tooth also and will be serving a four game suspension at the beginning of the season for substance abuse. The NFL is young man's game and being older while being fined by the league or not - your chances get slimmer by the year.

And while some former AZ Cardinals offensive players face the same situation - Beanie Wells failed the Steelers' physical because of a "bad wheel", Early Doucet according to the going joke, was handed his walking papers and promptly dropped them - most of the reasoning of why they haven't signed is legitimate. The defensive side of the ball roster turnover is more interesting.

Michael Adams is "Money Mike", the pre-Tyrann Mathieu before Mathieu, less a few inches and supposed drug problems. He was the guy that got all into Aaron Rodger's grill (possible facemask?) in the AZ/GB playoff game that forced the fumble that had the Cardinals move on. He, while short in height - is long on heart. He is a special team guy extraordinaire.

And he's looking for a job.

Paris Lenon is 35 - way past the milk-expiration date of NFL players - yet somehow he's held on and thrived. He's only missed one game the last nine years and had over 100 tackles 4 of the last 6 seasons. Been a team captain last two campaigns and also had 7 sacks and 3 INTs for a player, that I feel in Horton's alignment was to be the guy that stayed back for containment. He's Gerald Hayes, Part II - minus the back problems.

Kerry Rhodes, like Lenon has only missed the one game in the last nine years except for the foot injury in 2011. He seems to exemplify the free safety position with excellent instincts in playing the NFL centerfield slot. A former team captain with the Jets, money may have been an issue. Reportedly, the front office asked for a contract renegotiation of a substantial decrease of his previous 6 mil a year and was met with angry bird eyes by his agent. Arguably, the MVP of last season's defense this player, despite the supposed deflecting off-field "Hollywood" lifestyle should have been re-signed - yet, say it with me.....

I'm assuming most of the players not getting play is because of the new coaching regime. Head Coach Bruce Arians and Defensive Coordinator Todd Bowles want to do things their way and past results are just that - misty colored memories in the corner of their minds that remind them of the way they were, when they really want to state they "cant hold us" (which is a "hip" as I'm going to be with searching Billboard with Macklemore). And that's the way you change a culture of losing is by changing things up. Kinda like the way Ken Whisenhunt overhauled the Denny Green roster, by choosing Russ Grimm as his offensive line coach, not knowing how the hire would affect his job status.

By the way, Russ Grimm...?

He, like Kerry Rhodes, is looking for a job, also.

by Anonymousreply 28205/29/2013

OUT. THEM. ALL.

OUT THEM ALL!

out them all for all of us!!

by Anonymousreply 28305/29/2013

if Kerry goes broke he can move in with me...my only condition is that we have sex every other day and he cooks and cleans for me!

by Anonymousreply 28405/29/2013

Kerry Rhodes is one hunk of delicious dude candy.

by Anonymousreply 28505/29/2013

Kerry in bed with Mantasia!!!!

by Anonymousreply 28606/01/2013

r287 Why does he bother denying it at this point.

by Anonymousreply 28706/01/2013

"I got diabetes just watching this sugary concoction"

by Anonymousreply 28806/01/2013

I would watch that r287

by Anonymousreply 28906/01/2013

I wonder if TMZ will pick this up? I think it is pretty much a given at this point that he likes guys.

by Anonymousreply 29006/01/2013

"Why does he bother denying it at this point."

Probably afraid he won't get a job if comes out...

by Anonymousreply 29106/01/2013

r288 Because he would get a lot of unwanted press/attention and he might be thrown off the team.

by Anonymousreply 29206/01/2013

r293

He does not have a team. He is a free agent. No one has picked him up yet.

by Anonymousreply 29306/01/2013

R287, Alton(?) is quite cute. Wonder if he's gay too?

by Anonymousreply 29406/01/2013

Oh he's been picked up, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 29506/01/2013

r295, I think Alton is cute too. Must suck being Kerry Rhodes' third wheel male concubine. Call me Alton!

by Anonymousreply 29606/01/2013

You do wonder how much all of this is affecting him getting signed. I feel bad for him. All this innuendo and videos are not helping and actually might be making it harder for him to come out as he now can't do it on his terms.

In the meantime, it doesn't seem to have affected his other ventures as he just announced he's founded a new film production company.

Here's the article:

NFL star Kerry Rhodes (www.KerryRhodes.com) is man of artistic sensibilities. At heart, he is a storyteller who thrives on blending fiction with the real world. His passion for art and film has culminated with the creation of a new production company, "It's The Comeback Kids LLC," co-founded with managing partner Anthony Holt. The company has trained its eye towards television and the feature film market and is currently in post-production on two debut projects; Gone In An Instant, a documentary that chronicles the rise and fall of NBA superstar Antoine Walker's fame and fortune, and Good Cop Bike Cop, a weekly webisode series featuring high-profile athletes that follows two mismatched partners fighting crime in suburbia.

"As a professional athlete, I find Antoine Walker's story both inspiring and tragic," said Kerry Rhodes. "It's an incredible thing to take your misfortune and use it to help educate and inspire others so they don't make the same mistakes. I admire his courage to come forward with this message."

Antoine Walker's story speaks for itself. Amassing over $110 million during a 13-year NBA career, Walker went from being an NBA All-Star and World Champion to facing felony charges stemming from gambling debt in Las Vegas. However, vice was not his sole enemy; his generosity to more than 70 family members and friends evenly contributed to the drain of his fortune. Now successfully navigating bankruptcy, Antoine is on a mission to educate others on financial literacy, using his own story as a warning and an effective platform for others to learn from his mistakes.

The documentary is the first of many planned projects by "It's The Comeback Kids LLC" that will span film, television and new media.

by Anonymousreply 29706/01/2013

He is getting married to a female model.

by Anonymousreply 29806/01/2013

ugh the bf is oooogly. And dem teefs!? Snagleteeefs!

by Anonymousreply 29906/01/2013

that video was weird. They are all up in each other like they are a couple and he still denys it. It seems like Alton should be the real boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 30006/02/2013

[quote]what is wrong with you gullible fucks?

[quote]YOU SEE PROOF! PICS! AND YET YOU STILL QUESTION THIS?!?!?!???

I don't question it at all. I think he's gay. But, I also don't think that this really "outs" Rhodes. With general denial about homosexuality in a sport like football, the source of the info (Mantasia), and Kerry's continued denial, this isn't generating any stories about a gay football player in the NFL. There's not widespread acknowledgement that Rhodes is gay. This just doesn't add up to a substantive "outing" which is actually pretty tough to accomplish without the person admitting it, or video of the person doing something sexual with a guy.

by Anonymousreply 30106/02/2013

Alton is hot. I'm thinking he's gay too!

by Anonymousreply 30206/02/2013

As r302, most people are willing to go with any possibility of plausible denial when a guy is a football player accused of not being heterosexual. People are still saying that the pics and video do not prove he is not straight. Also, Rhodes has a long history of dating very hot women, so any evidence of him being bisexual will have to be rather explicit in order to convince many.

by Anonymousreply 30306/02/2013

NFL star Kerry Rhodes (www.KerryRhodes.com) is man of artistic sensibilities. At heart, he is a storyteller who thrives on blending fiction with the real world. His Passion for art and film has culminated with the creation of a new production company, "It's The Comeback Kids LLC," co-founded with managing partner Anthony Holt. The company has trained its eye towards television and the feature film market and is currently in post-production on two debut projects; Gone In An Instant, a documentary that chronicles the rise and fall of NBA superstar Antoine Walker's fame and fortune, and Good Cop Bike Cop, a weekly webisode series featuring high-profile athletes that follows two mismatched partners fighting crime in suburbia.

"As a professional athlete, I find Antoine Walker's story both inspiring and tragic," said Kerry Rhodes. "It's an incredible thing to take your misfortune and use it to help educate and inspire others so they don't make the same mistakes. I admire his courage to come forward with this message."

Antoine Walker's story speaks for itself. Amassing over $110 million during a 13-year NBA career, Walker went from being an NBA All-Star and World Champion to facing felony charges stemming from gambling debt in Las Vegas. However, vice was not his sole enemy; his generosity to more than 70 family members and friends evenly contributed to the drain of his fortune. Now successfully navigating bankruptcy, Antoine is on a mission to educate others on financial literacy, using his own story as a warning and an effective platform for others to learn from his mistakes.

The documentary is the first of many planned projects by "It's The Comeback Kids LLC" that will span film, television and new media.

by Anonymousreply 30406/02/2013

Hollywood really does look like Fantasia.

by Anonymousreply 30506/02/2013

Hollywood is desperately trying to make it about him, but I want to see Kerry and Alton getting it on!

by Anonymousreply 30606/02/2013

Mantasia/Hollywood probably started all this uproar because he caught Kerry fucking Alton. Hater!

by Anonymousreply 30706/02/2013

"He is getting married to a female model."

Of course he is

by Anonymousreply 30806/02/2013

When Jason Collins came out as gay in an article written for Sports Illustrated, he said one of the reasons for his announcement was so that he could do it on his terms and not be outed by a media gossip outlet. The exact sort of situation he was trying to avoid is happening with Kerry Rhodes.

Rhodes, an 8-year NFL veteran safety, denied being gay after pictures of him being close to another male hit the internet last month. The other man in the photos was his ex-assistant, who also claims to be Rhodes’ ex-boyfriend. Even though the story died down over the past six weeks, it was revived early Sunday when World Star Hip Hop posted a video and hyped it up by saying, “Another Professional Athlete Coming Out Of The Closet? Footage Of NFL Player “Kerry Rhodes” Laying In Bed With Another Man Released!”

The video is not at all damaging the way World Star makes it out to be. Sometimes guys who are traveling happen to be in the same hotel room and on a bed together at the same time, especially if they’re both trying to be on camera. But when you combine this video with the pictures and everything the ex-assistant has said, it’s just more supposed evidence that Rhodes is gay.

You can watch the video below. Most of the supposed scandalous bed stuff is from the 6:15 mark on. After watching the video, you’ll understand exactly why Collins handled his own announcement, and why it might be in the interest of other gay athletes to follow his lead rather than be faced with a Kerry Rhodes situation.

by Anonymousreply 30906/03/2013

It's time for Kerry Rhodes to stop pretending he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 31006/03/2013

r311, with so many people saying the video and pics prove nothing and mainstream media ignoring the story, why would he say he is not heterosexual now?

by Anonymousreply 31106/03/2013

Good Golley!

by Anonymousreply 31206/09/2013

Where does Channing Tatum fit into all this? I saw a pic were Hollywood is seated next to Tatum at some training camp with lots of comments about Tatum topping black guys! What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 31306/09/2013

damn r313 Mantasia is a fool for giving that up

by Anonymousreply 31406/09/2013

Damnnnnnnnn at r313's pic! I need to wipe the drool off my mouth

by Anonymousreply 31506/10/2013

R314

Channing Tatum visits "long-time friend" Kerry Rhodes at Cardinals camp

by Anonymousreply 31606/11/2013

Thanks,r317-'Hollywood' indeed!

So does Channing play for our team?

by Anonymousreply 31706/11/2013

"These two pixies aren't eating at Chic Fil A, that's for damn sure. "

by Anonymousreply 31806/11/2013

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:15 PM "I heard Kerry Rhodes showed him the dance moves for Magic Mike"

by Anonymousreply 31906/11/2013

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:22 AM Channing Tatum looks like the Midwestern hayseed thug life white gangstas that hang out in the parking lot at Walmart listening to Eminem, giving tough looks to 80 year-old farmers and their wives as they go into Walmart to unknowingly contribute to the very thing that is tearing the soul out of the town their family has lived in for 3 generations.

by Anonymousreply 32006/11/2013

It's been done to death.

by Anonymousreply 32106/11/2013

What has been done to death?

by Anonymousreply 32206/11/2013

Kerry's bod is official.

by Anonymousreply 32306/11/2013

Kerry seems to like the beefcake photos (not that I'm complaining)

Do you think part of the reason why he's closeting himself is to protect the guys in his "circle" like Channing Tatum, John Legend, Tyson Beckford, and the other jocks he hangs out with? Maybe he's afraid people with start speculating about THEM if he comes out

by Anonymousreply 32406/11/2013

OMG! is that pic in r313 real? I mean you can see the outline of his cock and everything!

by Anonymousreply 32506/11/2013

What brand of underdrawers are those?

by Anonymousreply 32606/12/2013

Kerry is gonna make some woman a great husband. He is very goodlooking and seems to have a great heart.

by Anonymousreply 32706/12/2013

"Kerry is gonna make some woman a great husband"

Liza Minnelli?

by Anonymousreply 32806/12/2013

Kerry is dragging all these suspects out the closet honey! Who's next?

by Anonymousreply 32906/12/2013

look at that body!

by Anonymousreply 33006/15/2013

Kerry Rhodes and alleged boyfriend looking like ‘Black Brokeback Mountain’

The worst mistake Kerry Rhodes could have made was denying that he is gay, because that only pushed his alleged ex-boyfriend over the edge.

While Jason Collins is doing the talk-show circuit, throwing out first pitches at Fenway Park, and marching in gay pride parades since coming out, Rhodes is being bled out by alleged ex-boyfriend Hollywood Simpson, who keeps leaking out more and more photo evidence of their past relationship.

[Related: Kerry Rhodes on a bed with his alleged boyfriend]

On Tuesday, Bossip posted intimate photos of Rhodes and Simpson, presumably provided to them by Hollywood, who also gave them this “Black Brokeback Mountain” quote.

“If that man don’t own up, I will own up for him! He’s denying me but we’re looking like the Black Brokeback Mountain starring me and Kerry in some of our pics. How is he STILL denying me?!?! I’m going to have to drag that azz out the closet then!”

Below is a photo of Rhodes getting lei’d by Hollywood:We at LBS treat everyone equally regardless of sexual orientation. It’s too bad that Rhodes feels like he has to hide something, unless Hollywood is just lying about everything (the photos seem to say otherwise). Rhodes is 30 and currently a free agent after spending the past three seasons with the Arizona Cardinals. Maybe he is taking the denial approach because he hopes it will help his job prospects.

by Anonymousreply 33106/15/2013

Kerry isa very sweet in that video at r333 (the one labeled in the bed) and I'm sirry Hollywood needs to handle it like this.

by Anonymousreply 33206/15/2013

Oh, Mantasia.

by Anonymousreply 33306/15/2013

I know, R335. It seems like they had a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 33406/15/2013

Like a SNL skit

by Anonymousreply 33506/15/2013

All those pictures prove is that they're FRIENDS!!!!!

Kerry can't be gay, he plays football!

by Anonymousreply 33606/15/2013

Kim Kardashian may have her own cheating scandal up her sleeves. The "Keeping up with the Kardashians" star may not know who her father is according to NFL athlete, Kerry Rhodes who sent a picture message of him and a pregnant Kim to a friend with a caption that read, "Man this could be my baby!! I was fu**ing her the same time as K.West was lol!!!"

by Anonymousreply 33706/17/2013

What's the story about NE Patriots player Pedro Hernandez alleged involvement in a murder? Was the victim about to pull a 'Hollywood'?

by Anonymousreply 33806/19/2013

Aaron Hernandez-sorry!!

by Anonymousreply 33906/19/2013

Rhodes out to prove he's not gay?

Is NFL free agent Kerry Rhodes trying to prove he's not gay to get a new job?

Rhodes, an eight-year veteran defensive back who has been the subject of gossip site rumors all offseason, tweeted an eyebrow-raising holding-hands picture from his Facebook account on Tuesday, with the caption "No caption. just real."

It's seemingly a subtle denial of the gay rumors — much, much more subtle than what the gossip sites reported he texted to several former teammates: that he could be the father of Kim Kardashian's baby.

“Man this could be my baby!! I was f—ing her the same time as K.West was lol!!!” Bossip claims Rhodes texted ex-teammates this week. Rhodes has had his name in the news all offseason after a man claiming to be his former personal assistant told gossip sites the two had been lovers and released photos of them together. Rhodes denied he was gay to TMZ in April, but his alleged ex, Russell "Hollywood" Simpson, has continued to go public with claims and photos, including one of Rhodes planting a kiss on him and one of the two lying on a bed, plus one in which they look like the "Black Brokeback Mountain," Simpson says.

Rhodes, 30, became something of a media darling during five years with the New York Jets and was an All-Pro in 2006. He played in Arizona for the past three seasons and had 67 tackles and four interceptions last year. He was released in March.

NBA veteran Jason Collins made national headlines in April when he came out. Collins, 34, will be a free agent this offseason. Neither the NBA, NFL, NHL nor MLB has ever had an active player who publicly acknowledged being gay.

Former NFL player Kwame Harris also made headlines earlier this year when he revealed he was gay after a publicized altercation with an ex-boyfriend. The news sparked discussions of how many locker rooms have had gay players, how aware of them teammates were, and how accepting today's players would be.

Last month MLS player Robbie Rogers became the first openly gay active player in US men's pro sports when he suited up for the LA Galaxy. Rogers had come out in February after briefly retiring.

by Anonymousreply 34006/19/2013

So pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 34106/19/2013

Now he belongs in the "People buried so deep in the closet..." thread

I bet he'll get married in the next few months, or get some spin doctor to link him to a female celeb

by Anonymousreply 34206/19/2013

Since so many people were asking, I had to get Hollywood's thoughts:

"I got a call yesterday and see a picture that he tweeted holding someone's hand, a girl. That's just stupid. Any girl that is with him is crazy or she has to be with him for money. What real woman would go for a man that has been with another man? It's just really stupid. I don't keep up with what he does but people call me and tell me that they saw the picture. Of course I'm gonna say something but when he's putting other people in the situation he's just dumb. I really made people know who HE was because if he had of rode with me, he would have a job today. You see he still hasn't been picked up."

Photo Spotted At: Jocks & Stiletto Jill

Read more:

by Anonymousreply 34306/20/2013

"Any girl that is with him is crazy or she has to be with him for money. What real woman would go for a man that has been with another man? It's just really stupid"

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 34406/20/2013

Wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 34506/20/2013

I agree with this guy's take on this. Stop chasing the trade if you can't deal with it!

by Anonymousreply 34606/22/2013

r349, a lot of the pro-Rhodes folks are reacting to Hollywood's catty demeanor. People don't like cattiness, especially in dudes.

by Anonymousreply 34706/24/2013

Rhodes had the fortune of being accused by a very feminine catty dude. If Hollywood were a hot buff athletic masculine guy people would be more prone to believe him.

by Anonymousreply 34806/24/2013

[quote]Rhodes had the fortune of being accused by a very feminine catty dude.

"Fortune?"

"Accused?"

Do you realize how homophobic you sound? As long as there are people who talk like you there will be people who think homosexuality is a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 34906/24/2013

r346, I would date a man who is bisexual if he was 100% open and at home with himself. She's taking her life in her hands dealing with him, if she's having a "real" relationship on her end. Liars take more risks than anyone. Especially in long term relationships, if they stop using condoms with their wives/girlfriends, carrying condoms to some is like admitting they're trolling for sex with men. The trolling for sex with men for some reason doesn't raise any suspicions.

by Anonymousreply 35006/24/2013

Serious question: Is this guy any good at football?

by Anonymousreply 35106/24/2013

[quote]Any girl that is with him is crazy or she has to be with him for money. What real woman would go for a man that has been with another man?

It is a new day Mantasia. There are women who dont care about having sex with a guy who has sex with other guys. These men are usually are very attractive, like Kerry, and the women dont care because its not like they are making a long term commitment anyway. These women just fake like they didnt know, or just say now they know better if their girlfriends find out. Some just admit they just wanted the dick.

Gay men need to stop pretending like its the olden days where women were scorned for nsa hookups. If a fine DL brother is smashing you out, you are are more than likely competing with vagina, not to mention other guys. So dont act so surprised when you see him out with her. He hooked up with you because he gets off the excitement of fucking somebody with a penis. You are probably good at taking it. But once you start acting all shady and dramatic he is going right back to vagina. He can be with a woman if he wanted to deal with that.

by Anonymousreply 35206/24/2013

Kerry is known as a lady killer, having day a bevy of very hot chicks. Women love him, and you will note on Youtube and internet sites that women are still swooning over him even with the Hollywood accusations.

by Anonymousreply 35306/24/2013

Again with the "accusations" - you need to go away you fucking homophobe at r350, r351, r356.

You're in the wrong web site.

by Anonymousreply 35406/24/2013

Now that's some funny shit, R356. LMAO

by Anonymousreply 35506/24/2013

Honestly, how many of you were clocking Kerry Rhodes before this incident?

by Anonymousreply 35606/24/2013

"These women just fake like they didnt know, or just say now they know better if their girlfriends find out. Some just admit they just wanted the dick."

ROFLAMO. You obviously don't know much about women. Every very forward-thinking, liberal types of women freak out at the idea of being with a guy who is gay or bi.

by Anonymousreply 35706/27/2013

"If a fine DL brother is smashing you out, you are are more than likely competing with vagina, not to mention other guys. So dont act so surprised when you see him out with her. He hooked up with you because he gets off the excitement of fucking somebody with a penis. You are probably good at taking it. But once you start acting all shady and dramatic he is going right back to vagina."

He's not "going back to vagina" - he's inning himself for image purposes. He's probably hooking up with as many guys as he ever was, but from now on he'll just make sure to stick with guys who are equally closeted and will not go blabbing to the media

by Anonymousreply 35806/27/2013

No caption, just real.

by Anonymousreply 35906/28/2013

r361 if he's bi like I think he is he goes back and forth between women and men. Of course he'll never give up either sex until he's old and just wants a companion. That photo with John Legend was all I needed to see. He indulges in both men and women and is he used to getting his way. Which is why he thinks its ok to post pics like r362, like we are supposed to believe he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 36006/28/2013

[quote]ROFLAMO. You obviously don't know much about women. Every very forward-thinking, liberal types of women freak out at the idea of being with a guy who is gay or bi.

They definitely ARE freaked out about committing to gay/bi man. But we are just talking about sex here, not relationships. Im sure most of gay men here have had women approach them in that way just for fun. Its not a big deal and it happens all the time, especially if your as good looking as Rhodes.

by Anonymousreply 36106/28/2013

If you Google search Kerry Rhodes, you will automatically get pics of snuggle pics of him and Hollywood. Kerry must be totally undone by that.

by Anonymousreply 36206/29/2013

HOT pic of Kerry

by Anonymousreply 36307/01/2013

He needs to come out with a book. First, he needs a ghost writer to do it. At this point, there's nobody who thinks he's straight. If he comes out with the release of his gay footballer book, he can make some money.

by Anonymousreply 36407/01/2013

I think we should write him a letter, with r367's suggestion. But he can't leave any details in the book about the gay sex he has had. Then the gays will not like him even more.

by Anonymousreply 36507/01/2013

IT's not "gay sex." Don't ever use the word "gay" with down low or heteroflexible bros. It's two bros "getting it in."

by Anonymousreply 36607/01/2013

VPL

by Anonymousreply 36707/02/2013

dude is hot

by Anonymousreply 36807/02/2013

Kerry is one good looking brother. Don't know what he sees in Hwood. He could wear that little mother fucker off his dick like a hood ornament.

At the link here is a video of Kerry, Hollywood and another of Kerry's assistants Alton. Also a nice pic of Kerry in underwear.

by Anonymousreply 36907/02/2013

"But we are just talking about sex here, not relationships."

Uh, except he's claiming to be "engaged"

"Im sure most of gay men here have had women approach them in that way just for fun"

I know plenty of straight women who say they are not attracted to a guy if they know he is gay (even if he's hot). It's why so many actors are still in the closet. And very, very few guys (gay or straight) have women hitting on them left and right.

"if he's bi like I think he is he goes back and forth between women and men. Of course he'll never give up either sex until he's old and just wants a companion"

Wow, how convenient that he "went back to women" after being outed.

by Anonymousreply 37007/03/2013

I've been with several "straight" and/or "married" men, especially when I identified as one, too.

We were just getting "freaky" and it was fucking hot.

The sex was great. But we weren't gay. In fact, we'd often go to the strip club and get sucked and laid by our stripper girlfriends.

But once you take a puff of some good weed, drink a little, there was this sexual energy. Hard to explain.

Are they gay? I am. That's for sure, and my life has never been better admitting it to myself.

But I'm one of those guys who does believe there are *some* (a tiny fraction)that really are bi-sexual, liking men and women equally.

A guy I got freaky with is now married with kids. I do believe he still sucks a puerto rican or italian dick (his favorites, masculine only) but he loves his pussy, too.

by Anonymousreply 37107/03/2013

sorry, but forgot to include: RHODES IS NOT ONE OF THOSE MEN.

He is a disgrace to the truth.

by Anonymousreply 37207/03/2013

Team Hollywood here.

Rhodes is a homophobic jerk. He's just a user, that's all.

Rhodes is a male version of the straight chicks who use gay women and then dump them for the first guy who buys them dinner.

by Anonymousreply 37307/03/2013

Oh, but when he uses you it feels so good!

by Anonymousreply 37407/03/2013

"Rhodes is a homophobic jerk. He's just a user, that's all."

Used him for what? Rhodes was the one with the looks, the dough and the football career. Hollywood doesn't seem to have much going for him. They had a real relationship.

"In fact, we'd often go to the strip club and get sucked and laid by our stripper girlfriends."

And then you woke up, right?

by Anonymousreply 37507/10/2013

Kerry is hot as fuck but also stupid. He should have picked a down-low masculine assistant. Everyone knows flashy queens will burn you if they stop getting their way.

by Anonymousreply 37607/11/2013

Yeah, I think people are so baffled by this story not because Rhodes might be with a dude, but people don't understand why he would choose Hollywood out of all dudes. The perception is that a football player would choose another masculine, discreet, athletic masculine bisexual dude if he were gonna get with a man, not someone like Hollywood. It is fascinating to see heterosexual guys say, "I don't have a problem if Kerry Rhodes likes dudes, but why would he choose a girly guy like that?" The reaction to this "story" is just as intriguing as the story itself.

by Anonymousreply 37707/11/2013

Alabama native and NFL player Kerry Rhodes along with Karina Smirnoff from Dancing with the Stars are in town for "Now Let's Get Fit". The program starts Saturday, July 13th and runs through Monday, July 15th at the Bessemer YMCA.

The program will feature family friendly actives and fitness workouts along with health screenings.

Kerry Rhodes joined us on Alabama Tonight (click the video link above) to talk about the event and his foundation.

by Anonymousreply 37807/11/2013

^ Any Alabama dataloungers want to go to that event and report back to us?

by Anonymousreply 37907/11/2013

Wow, he's really in denial mode. But I bet he's scared wherever he goes

by Anonymousreply 38007/12/2013

For the most part, the denial and ignore mode has worked for him.

by Anonymousreply 38107/12/2013

[quote]Kerry is one good looking brother. Don't know what he sees in Hwood. He could wear that little mother fucker off his dick like a hood ornament.

That was probably the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 38207/13/2013

I love it how this story about a major, hot football player comes out linking him to a "dude," and yet all people want to talk about is how unattractive, non-masculine, and annoying the guy he allegedly was with is.

by Anonymousreply 38307/13/2013

BESSEMER, Alabama - A diminutive dancer and a muscled football star might at first seem to be a strange partnership. But, Karina Smirnoff and Kerry Rhodes are dedicated to working together to make a difference.

Smirnoff, a professional dancer on the "Dancing with the Stars" television show and Rhodes, a Bessemer native and current NFL free agent, met with fans, signed autographs and led an exercise class together Monday night at the Legacy YMCA.

The two are close friends who are determined to spread the word about health, fitness and exercise.

"I met Kerry several years ago when he was doing some work with inner city children," Smirnoff said. "We became friends and it wasn't a hard decision to come help with this."

The 30-year-old Rhodes, who attended Jess Lanier High School and has played safety for the New York Jets and Arizona Cardinals, has formed a partnership between his Kerry Rhodes Foundation and the "Now Let's Get Fit" program; it is designed to inform communities of the health risks and higher costs of living associated with obesity.

"I know that Kerry wanted to start here in Alabama, where he's from, and it's also true that Alabama has one of the highest rates of obesity in the country," Smirnoff said. "We want to show people that anyone can get in shape."

Smirnoff's visit was her first to Alabama and one that she said she was lucky to make. She is currently dancing on Broadway in "Forever Tango" and is getting ready to start filming the upcoming season of "Dancing with the Stars."

"Monday is the dark day on Broadway, with no shows running, so I was able to get down here for Kerry," she said.

Smirnoff said that it's important for people to realize that fitness can become an integral way of life and not a burden.

"It's never too late to get in shape," she said, "It's easy to start slow, and there are things you can do to make exercise a part of your daily life."

Rhodes said that parents and children today need to learn how important exercise is to their general well-being. Monday's event reached out to parents, but Rhodes worked earlier in the weekend with teaching children how important being in shape is.

"The kids don't give themselves a fair chance," Rhodes said. "They're always inside. They're inside playing video games. Me as a kid, I always wanted to be outside and run around. That was my time to be free."

The answer? Both celebrities said it's to make fitness a priority.

Smirnoff said that she exercises in some way every day.

"I may dance, or go jogging or do yoga," she said, "but it's something every day."

While appearing with Rhodes, Smirnoff met many fans of her television show. "Dancing with the Stars has just been a great opportunity," she said. "Imagine, I get to be on a show where I get to do what I love."

In between work on the show, Smirnoff said that hopes to continue to support Rhodes' foundation.

"This is the first event we've done, but I hope Kerry takes it across the country," Smirnoff said, "and I'd love to be there with him."

by Anonymousreply 38407/17/2013

Come out! Come out! Everyone knows Kerry is gay.

by Anonymousreply 38507/17/2013

So from Smirnoff herself, they're just "close friends". LOL.

by Anonymousreply 38607/17/2013

"a Bessemer native and current NFL free agent"

So he hasn't gotten signed yet? I wonder if that's because of his sexuality

by Anonymousreply 38707/17/2013

[quote]I wonder if that's because of his sexuality

Since they now know about his sexuality, maybe it's because they don't want to hire a liar.

OTOH, the San Diego Chargers hired Manti Te'o, the ex-Notre Dame Mormon linebacker with the fake dead girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 38807/17/2013

Kerry Rhodes showed enough with the Arizona Cardinals last season to earn a roster spot with an NFL team in 2013.

Rhodes doesn't have a job right now, but the 30-year-old safety says that might soon change. Free-agent tracker NFL free agency is underway. Follow all of the latest player rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. More...

"It's in the works," Rhodes recently told AL.com at a charity event in Birmingham, Ala. "I can't talk about it in depth, but there's a good four teams that I'm looking at. There are ongoing discussions. I'm trying to see which one will be the best fit for me. You will see me, though."

Rhodes wouldn't name names, but he said an announcement might come in about one week.

"I don't want to sway the negotiations at all," Rhodes said. "That would be the ideal. Most situations aren't ideal any way. You have to adapt to it and move on."

Rhodes started 15 games for the Cardinals last season, finishing with four interceptions, two forced fumbles and a sack.

ProFootballFocus.com ranked him as the league's No. 4 safety in 2012. He has the ability to start for teams and represents a likely bargain signing this late in the game.

by Anonymousreply 38907/18/2013

"OTOH, the San Diego Chargers hired Manti Te'o, the ex-Notre Dame Mormon linebacker with the fake dead girlfriend."

It's okay to have an "internet girlfriend" who is really a man...just don't INTENTIONALLY date men!

by Anonymousreply 39007/18/2013

r392, I think it the particular man that Rhodes purportedly dated that has people scratching their heads.

by Anonymousreply 39107/18/2013

I think more people were shading Hollywood because he let Kerry get way. We've already said it many times; Kerry is the kind of dude that is much sought after by the majority of the gay community. He is fine. He seems like a nice person, his body is built like a sex machine, and he is MASCULINE. Most guys would kill to be his lover and friend, and Hollywood squandered those things because he wanted more than just sex and his job. He should have known better. DL dudes are not relationship material. You fuck them and move on.

by Anonymousreply 39207/18/2013

"Rhodes doesn't have a job right now, but the 30-year-old safety says that might soon change"

That's good. It would suck if no one hired him just because he was outed.

by Anonymousreply 39307/18/2013

R394 is right about Rhodes. Other than his stupidity, I like him. Clearly he's not the smartest guy. If you're gonna be DL you can't fuck an attention-starved queen and think the bitch will keep quiet once you break it off. DL guys should get with other DL guys.

by Anonymousreply 39407/19/2013

131st day of Kerry Rhodes' unemployment.

by Anonymousreply 39507/21/2013

r394 - Probably not so easy; how's he going to find a DL guy who's:

1. His type physically (r382 is right; he obviously likes someone compact). 2. His type personality-wise; maybe high queen is what moves him. 3. Someone who doesn't have much going on in his life and can be available.

The possibilities are not endless.

by Anonymousreply 39607/22/2013

R396 then make a bitch sign a confidentiality contract lol. I mean plenty of stars are doing all kinds of shit that we never hear about cuz they were smart about it.

by Anonymousreply 39707/22/2013

r397 - True, but it's not as if Rhodes is some sort of superstar who would have handlers to take care of that kind of thing.

Doesn't Missy claim he & Kerry were in love anyway?

by Anonymousreply 39807/22/2013

He says that four teams are interested in signing him. It is getting late in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 39907/22/2013

Great NFL teams are built through the draft and have their weaknesses addressed through key free agent pickups. Those pickups don’t necessarily need to be the ones that make the biggest headlines during the offseason. They just need to address the team’s bigger concerns.

The Cincinnati Bengals’ time is now. The Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens are getting older, and losing key players. In time, they will bring in new faces to replace their losses, but this won’t happen overnight. It takes years to rebuild, and the Bengals should capitalize on this opportunity.

With almost $17 million in salary cap room, assuming the team will carry $10 million to the 2014 offseason there is roughly $7 million available to improve the 2013 squad. There is a huge question mark next to Nelson at the safety position. Mays has proven terrible as a starter, and Williams needs to prove himself still. Give Rhodes $2 million for one year. This will address the position in 2013, and allow Williams time to develop.

If you recall, the Bengals hosted Rhodes for a free agent visit prior to the 2013 NFL Draft, but a deal was never reached. Rhodes’ 67 tackles, 1 forced fumble, and 4 interceptions from 2012 would be an improvement over any option currently on the depth chart. Pro Football Focus also ranked him as the league’s No. 4 safety in 2012.

The Bengals need to act quickly though, as Rhodes recently told AL.com at a charity event that four teams are vying for his services:

It’s in the works. I can’t talk about it in-depth, but there’s a good four teams that I’m looking at. There are ongoing discussions. I’m trying to see which one will be the best fit for me. You will see me, though.

by Anonymousreply 40007/25/2013

If only Cincinnati had more hot guys...

by Anonymousreply 40107/25/2013

Last week, at the Cleveland Browns' training camp, defensive coordinator Ray Horton described the team's free safety position as a "concern." Though T.J. Ward is ensconced as the Browns starting strong safety, the battle for the starting free safety job is still up for grabs.

Competing for the job are incumbent Tashaun Gipson, special teams convert Johnson Bademosi and rookie Jamoris Slaughter.

Horton isn't yet comfortable with any of these options, but when asked about the possibility of signing free agent Kerry Rhodes, whom Horton coached with the Arizona Cardinals, he stated that the Browns are "committed to [their] roster" and described Rhodes simply as "one of the players on the street right now," echoing comments made about Rhodes by team general manager Michael Lombardi back in May.

For a team that could certainly use a stable veteran presence at free safety, it's interesting that the Browns seem so hesitant to even kick Rhodes' tires. Rhodes was, after all, Pro Football Focus' fourth overall safety in 2012 (subscription required) and though he is entering his ninth season, he flourished under Horton's coaching in Arizona. It only seems logical that the Browns should give Rhodes a look.

by Anonymousreply 40207/30/2013

Wow, that's too bad. Kerry may be a closeted liar but he is a good football player and deserves a job in the NFL. It's sad that some people still can't accept a gay player, and that people still face anti-gay discrimination on the job.

by Anonymousreply 40307/30/2013

I'm sure the homophobes are going to use the tabloid press about Rhodes as an excuse not to hire him. They'll say it's for other reasons, but I think we all know that's a lie.

by Anonymousreply 40407/30/2013

Is it anti-gay discrimination or anti-liar discrimination?

by Anonymousreply 40507/30/2013

"Is it anti-gay discrimination or anti-liar discrimination?"

The league didn't discriminate against admitted liar Manti Te'o

by Anonymousreply 40607/30/2013

[quote]The league didn't discriminate against admitted liar Manti Te'o

No, we only know that ONE team on the league didn't discriminate against Te'o.

by Anonymousreply 40707/30/2013

Are the gay rumors surrounding Kerry Rhodes preventing him from landing an NFL contract? Rhodes is currently an NFL free agent, but has spent more time lately denying gay text messages and boyfriend pictures. A alleged former gay boyfriend released pictures and text messages of himself with Rhodes earlier this year, but the NFL player has denied being gay or bisexual. However, many are wondering if the gay rumors are making NFL teams uncomfortable with signing him.The former boyfriend of Rhodes, Russell "Hollywood" Simpson, released their text messages and pictures last April to Bossip. Simpson said he was offended by Rhodes denying being gay and released the text messages and boyfriend pictures in response. "I'm not 'outing' Kerry. Kerry outed himself when he was asked a question and he responded," said Simpson. "If you run into him, now you know he likes boys so you won't be playing yourself."Rhodes addressed the gay rumors to TMZ that month and the NFL star denied he was gay or bisexual, also calling Simpson a "liar" looking for press. He later posted photos of himself on Twitter holding hands with a woman. "I am not gay," he said. "The shots were taken during a past vacation in a casual environment with my entire business team."

Last month, Rhodes tried to further distance himself from the gay rumors by claiming he fathered Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's newborn child, North West. Rhodes reportedly forwarded a text message to NFL friends which said: "Man this could be my baby! I was f*cking her at the same time K.West was lol!!!" Kardashian and WHowever, friends of Rhodes claim the text message leak was a desperate attempt to deny being gay. "Kerry wants everyone to think he's straight," said a source. "He is so desperate that he will drag Kim Kardashian and Kanye West into this drama just so people can associate him with a woman instead of a man. It's just sad at this point because everyone knows he's gay."

Despite denying being gay, Rhodes said is he supportive of gay athletes and hopes they would feel comfortable coming out. He told TMZ: "I know a lot of people are recently talking about athletes struggling to come out to their fans right now, and I support them, as well as wish those individuals comfort." est did not respond to the allegations.

by Anonymousreply 40808/02/2013

His bod is off da chain.

by Anonymousreply 40908/04/2013

still unemployed in the preseason

by Anonymousreply 41008/10/2013

"Is it anti-gay discrimination or anti-liar discrimination?"

A lot of guys who are employed by the NFL have done things WAY worse than lying so it's tough to believe that lying alone would cost him a job.

by Anonymousreply 41108/11/2013

???

by Anonymousreply 41208/15/2013

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 41308/24/2013

He has not been picked up by any team.

by Anonymousreply 41408/24/2013

Teams picked up players that are a lot less talented than Kerry. I feel bad for him.

by Anonymousreply 41508/26/2013

Well, its only a matter of time before he has to start doing gay porn to pay them bills. And he wont be topping all the time either!

by Anonymousreply 41608/26/2013

If he is smart, he has a lot of money still in the bank.

by Anonymousreply 41708/26/2013

Just amazing he was not picked up

by Anonymousreply 41808/28/2013

[quote]Last month, Rhodes tried to further distance himself from the gay rumors by claiming he fathered Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's newborn child, North West. Rhodes reportedly forwarded a text message to NFL friends which said: "Man this could be my baby! I was f*cking her at the same time K.West was lol!!!" Kardashian and WHowever, friends of Rhodes claim the text message leak was a desperate attempt to deny being gay. "Kerry wants everyone to think he's straight," said a source. "He is so desperate that he will drag Kim Kardashian and Kanye West into this drama just so people can associate him with a woman instead of a man. It's just sad at this point because everyone knows he's gay."

If he just came out, it would put an end to the drama. Since he's still in denial, while everyone KNOWS he's gay, football teams don't want to hire the drama.

by Anonymousreply 41908/28/2013

Claiming to be Kim Kardashian's baby daddy is just desperate and sad. Makes me feel sorry that he feels to have to do that to closet himself.

by Anonymousreply 42008/28/2013

not even a peep

by Anonymousreply 42109/02/2013

not a peep

by Anonymousreply 42209/02/2013

I guess Kerry and Tim Tebow will have to do gay porn now. I picture Timmy as the bottom in that pairing....

by Anonymousreply 42309/06/2013

Kerry at the Nautica Men’s Spring 2014 Fashion Show

by Anonymousreply 42409/07/2013

Never mind Rhodes, who's the hunk in the plaid shirt?

by Anonymousreply 42509/07/2013

Who is Kerry with? He and the white guy would make a HOT sex tape! 2 studs. The white guy also looks kinda gaygay.

by Anonymousreply 42609/07/2013

R424 ke looks sleepy and bored.

Where's his little boyfriend now?

by Anonymousreply 42709/07/2013

Yeah, the dude with Kerry looks familiar.

by Anonymousreply 42809/07/2013

Isn't that Colin Egglesfield?

by Anonymousreply 42909/07/2013

Attending the Nautica Spring 2014 fashion show were actor Matt Letscher, Colin Egglesfield, football player Kerry Rhodes, New York Knicks player Chris Smith (you know it’s the polka dot pants that got him featured here!), Paul Wilmott, Andrea Boehlke and Josh Hendersen.

by Anonymousreply 43009/08/2013

Colin Egglesfield (born February 9, 1973) is an American actor. He is best known for his portrayal as Josh Madden in the long-running soap opera All My Children, Evan on The Client List, as well as Auggie Kirkpatrick in The CW's short-lived teen drama Melrose Place.

by Anonymousreply 43109/08/2013

KR at Fashion Week

by Anonymousreply 43209/09/2013

Squats with Kerry Rhodes

by Anonymousreply 43309/09/2013

Kerry: "I like to dabble in different things"

I want you to dabble in me, hunny!

Kerry looks like he got some new teefs in that video r432, those bitches are so white. Probably a "snap on" smile.

by Anonymousreply 43409/09/2013

Kerry is just plain hot.

by Anonymousreply 43509/09/2013

CBS) During the NFL offseason, Media Takeout posted pictures to their website of free-agent safety Kerry Rhodes with his arm around another man on vacation.

The pictures have since been erased from the site.

Though Rhodes denies his rumored sexuality, the public perception exists, nonetheless.

Now, a report from Deadspin suggests Rhodes could be getting blacklisted by the NFL for being gay.

“From league source who requested anonymity: ‘There’s no buzz about Kerry Rhodes.’ Also, from what I am hearing, I can’t disagree with the possibility Rhodes is being blackballed,” Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio wrote to Deadspin in an email. “You can quote me on all of this.”

Rhodes, 31, was ranked as the fourth-best safety in all of football in 2012 by Pro Football Focus. He also had four interceptions and was part of the fifth-best pass defense in the NFL.

Florio also said four teams worked out defensive backs this week, and none contacted Rhodes.

by Anonymousreply 43609/12/2013

Have the Kerry Rhodes gay rumors led to his blacklisting from the NFL? A new report from Drew Magary of Deadspin wondered whether teams are avoiding the free agent safety because of speculation about his sexual orientation.

Kerry Rhodes played safety with the New York Jets for five seasons, starting all but two games and racking up 15 interceptions. He then joined the Arizona Cardinals in 2010, where he continued his solid play. Last season, he started 15 out of 16 games, made 58 solo tackles, grabbed four interceptions, and forced two fumbles.

Follow Us

Yet Arizona released the safety in March, and he still remains on the market. In fact, Magary noted that Kerry Rhodes was ranked by Pro Football Focus as the fourth-best safety in the NFL for the 2012 season. The only other player among PFF's Top 30 safeties from last year without a job is the retired Ronde Barber.

RELATED: Did Kerry Rhodes Have A Gay Fling With Frank Ocean?

And it does not look like this will change anytime soon. Magary talked to NFL reporter Mike Florio from Pro Football Talk. Florio wrote, "From league source who requested anonymity: 'There's no buzz about Kerry Rhodes."' In fact, while four teams worked out defensive backs this past week, none of them contacted the former Cardinal. A representative from Kerry Rhodes' agency, 5 Star Athlete Management, also told Magary that the safety has not had any tryouts this past week.

Thus, Magary, Florio, and others believe that the Kerry Rhodes gay rumors have caused the safety to get blacklisted. Teams may want to avoid the controversy that would come with signing a possibly homosexual player. No active NFL player has come out as gay, and the first NBA player to do so, Jason Collins, also has not found a team this offseason.

The Kerry Rhodes gay rumors began when Media Takeout posted suggestive photos of the safety with another man, later identified as Russell "Hollywood" Simpson. MTO later backed down from its report, but the speculation grew so rampant that Kerry Rhodes had to deny the gay rumors in an interview with TMZ.

RELATED: Kerry Rhodes Posts Facebook Photo Of Himself With A Woman

"I am not gay," Kerry Rhodes said in April. "The shots were taken during a past vacation in a casual environment with my entire business team."

Still, Kerry Rhodes gay rumors persisted, thanks in part to a media blitz from Simpson. "Hollywood" released texts and photos that he claimed proved he had dated Rhodes. Still, this supposed evidence might simply document a relationship between two close friends.

Then, this past week, more Kerry Rhodes gay rumors came out. A woman who claimed to be a distant cousin of the NFL safety told Celebrity Gossip Alley that Rhodes had a "fling" with gay rapper Frank Ocean.

RELATED: Kerry Rhodes Claims He Is Father Of Kim Kardashian's Baby

"I admit he should come out because Kerry isn't discreet about it," the cousin reportedly said. "I am a lesbian on the scene so I know what men get down in Atlanta. It's a small world and y'all will be surprised to know that Frank Ocean and Kerry Rhodes has had a fling. Nothing serious, but they had something going on. Also, I believe Kerry and Trey songs had something going on. They used to hang, it's not confirmed but Trey gives me vibes."

All of these Kerry Rhodes gay rumors have not been confirmed. But could this mere speculation be the reason the safety is still without an NFL job? Post your thoughts in our comments section below.

by Anonymousreply 43709/14/2013

Drop dead, r2.

You are a disgusting, bigoted asshole.

by Anonymousreply 43809/14/2013

^ Good gossip

by Anonymousreply 43909/14/2013

Kerry Rhodes with Maxwell

by Anonymousreply 44009/14/2013

R2, shut up and die, you trans queen!

by Anonymousreply 44109/15/2013

I find it hillarious how that closeted queen was blacklisted! Now, if he came out that would be different, but now noone will defend him!

by Anonymousreply 44209/15/2013

R2, whether he is femmy or not is irrelevant. He is just effin' UGLY and, as we can see, quite a superficial, uninteresting fame whore. So, now we know what the gay version of Paris Hilton would look and be like. And yes, it's just as repulsive as the nasty skank who inspired it.

by Anonymousreply 44309/15/2013

"Kerry Rhodes with Maxwell"

You KNOW Kerry tapped that!

by Anonymousreply 44409/15/2013

r444

They both like femmy guys, so probably not.

by Anonymousreply 44509/15/2013

Yes hunny, Maxwell bagged that good trade!!

by Anonymousreply 44609/15/2013

Now Kerry Rhodes Is Out Of The NFL Because He Wanted Too Much Money

Or is it because he's not really that good and doesn't actually "like" football, whatever the fuck that means? These are the latest reasons for explaining the increasingly inexplicable lack of interest in Kerry Rhodes this season.

Here's Florio:

Mike Jurecki of 910-AM in Phoenix reported Friday that Arizona actually offered Rhodes a one-year, $3 million guaranteed deal. Per Jurecki, Rhodes wanted to “roll the dice” in free agency — and only the Bengals were interested.

Another source told PFT that one team other than the Bengals contacted Rhodes in the offseason. The team in question viewed Rhodes as a player who deserved to earn a contract in the one-year minimum range, but the team learned that Rhodes wasn’t interested in playing unless his compensation was “significant.”

Yet another source said the Rhodes is “just really OK and doesn’t really like football.”

Maybe Rhodes did overestimate his value on the free agent market. Or, it could very well be that Kerry Rhodes did a cost-benefit analysis on his life and determined he did not want to play football unless he made a certain amount of money. Another possibility is that Rhodes wants to make more than the veteran minimum of $840,000 and teams did a cost-benefit analysis of their own, determining the money and the gay-rumors overwhelmed the benefit on the field.

It's going to be impossible to ever know what is actually going on, but here's one thing we do know: according to league sources a man who, just this offseason, was offered a guaranteed $3 million contract, suddenly has neither the desire nor ability to play football.

Photo credit: Getty

Rhodes may have rejected offers in March, but he’s still getting no interest now [Pro Football Talk]

by Anonymousreply 44709/15/2013

Yeah, they both purported like fem dudes who are nearly transgender and therefore would be very unlikely to be attracted to each other.

by Anonymousreply 44809/15/2013

Just because he dated a fem guy doesn't mean he's exclusively into fem guys

by Anonymousreply 44909/15/2013

he dated fem guy only because of his straight guilt, obviously he likes masculinity and masculine guys

by Anonymousreply 45009/15/2013

Report: Giants Plan To Work Out Kerry Rhodes On Tuesday

The fact that no NFL team signed or even worked out All-Pro safety Kerry Rhodes in the offseason is mind-boggling, but at least one team now wants to give him a look.

According to Mike Florio, the New York Giants will work out Kerry Rhodes on Tuesday. Right now, the Giants' secondary is in terrible shape, and its weaknesses were evident after the Cowboys picked it apart last Sunday. Antrel Rolle's still at strong safety, but the only Giants free safety is currently Ryan Mundy. Rhodes would certainly help.

[PFT]

by Anonymousreply 45109/16/2013

NFL Free Agent Rumors: Kerry Rhodes To Sign With NY Giants After Leroy Hill and Jonathan Goff Workouts?

by Anonymousreply 45209/19/2013

He is an idiot if he would just come out, he would've been picked up. It's easier to prejudiced against someone over rumor and innuendo.

by Anonymousreply 45309/19/2013

Green Bay is REALLY thin in its defensive secondary. They could use Rhodes.

If he's not a head case, I seriously don't see what the problem is. I was a Vikings fanatic growing up, and before I knew what gaydar was, I knew Carl Eller and a few of his teammates were gay. And they smacked the living FUCK out of people.

Roger Goodell needs to get his head out his ass. Instead of wringing every last bit of joy out of the game, start making these owners and GMs wake the hell up. The fans will follow, trust me. And locker room phobia can be squashed lickety-split when the first few bigoted offenders find themselves on the waiver wire.

by Anonymousreply 45409/19/2013

[quote] He is an idiot if he would just come out, he would've been picked up. It's easier to prejudiced against someone over rumor and innuendo.

BS. How could he prove anti-gay prejudice?

by Anonymousreply 45509/19/2013

[quote]he dated fem guy only because of his straight guilt, obviously he likes masculinity and masculine guys

You think so? Kerry is really attractive, he could've found a more attractive fem dude to be on the DL with. So he must REALLY be into the fem dudes to keep Mantasia around.

by Anonymousreply 45609/19/2013

Mantasia's head game is off da hook.

by Anonymousreply 45709/19/2013

Well r457, I need Mantasia to give me lessons because Ive got bills to pay and Im sure Kerry is pretty lonely right now!

by Anonymousreply 45809/19/2013

R456, sorry but all transsexuals are equally unattractive to me

by Anonymousreply 45909/19/2013

Mantasia isn't trans, he's just femmy.

by Anonymousreply 46009/19/2013

"If he's not a head case, I seriously don't see what the problem is. I was a Vikings fanatic growing up, and before I knew what gaydar was, I knew Carl Eller and a few of his teammates were gay."

Carl Eller is gay?!

by Anonymousreply 46109/20/2013

R460, trans, femmy, the same, all is just woman with a penis

by Anonymousreply 46209/20/2013

r462 = Mister Cee

by Anonymousreply 46309/20/2013

[quote] trans, femmy, the same, all is just woman with a penis

EL OH EL. What an evolved creature.

by Anonymousreply 46409/20/2013

I hope the Giants pick him up.

by Anonymousreply 46509/20/2013

[all posts by flame bait troll #11 removed (violent racist homophobic right-wing misogynist), ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 46609/20/2013

Anti-gay who love wearing tight pants and slap each others tasty butts!

by Anonymousreply 46709/22/2013

Updates?

by Anonymousreply 46809/25/2013

The Rhodes Not Taken

By Keely Diven @keelydiven on Sep 24 2013, 12:26p 62 USA TODAY Sports Stay connected

Should the Redskins pick up safety Kerry Rhodes? Tweet (8) Share (41) 62 Comments Rec (1)

Through the first three games, the Redskins defense has given up an average of 488 yards per game -- 333 of those through the air -- for an average of 32.8 points against. That puts Washington on pace to give up the most yards in NFL history. It's safe to say the team could use some reinforcements, especially at safety, where the oft-injured Brandon Meriweather and rookie Bacarri Rambo have struggled to keep opponents out of the end zone.

As luck would have it, there is a talented free agent safety available for the taking: Kerry Rhodes. He was part of the league's fifth-best pass defense while playing in Arizona last season. He racked up 67 combined tackles, 58 solo, one sack, two forced fumbles, four interceptions, and 11 passes defended. The performance was good enough for Pro Football Focus to rank him the number four safety in the league.

And yet no teams brought in Rhodes for offseason work outs. The Giants checked him out on September 17, but he left without signing. The guy remains a free agent. Why? Well, that question doesn't have a clear-cut answer.

The 31-year-old veteran isn't getting any younger, and he has a reputation as a bit of a diva in the locker room. The Cardinals tried to persuade him to take a pay cut at the end of last season, still offering in the neighborhood of $2 million -- he declined. And not everyone agrees that he's a top-flight talent: ESPN ranked Rhodes number 17 of the top 50 free agent safeties. Star player or middle of the road, the truth probably lies somewhere in between.

The elephant in the room is the rumor that Rhodes is gay. This summer, Media Take Out published a series of photos (since taken down) showing the NFL veteran being affectionate with his alleged boyfriend. Rhodes vehemently denies being a homosexual, but the suspicion remains and may be keeping him unemployed.

It's always possible that old-school, conservative GMs and coaches want nothing to do with a gay man on the team. More likely, in my opinion, is that front offices know there are closeted homosexuals on their rosters and don't care because it doesn't cause an issue. Decisions in the NFL come down to wins and losses, dollars and cents. Franchises are focused on winning, and to do that they need a group of talented athletes that mesh well as a team.

If GMs are reticent about bringing in an outed homosexual, it's probably because they worry about how the other players would react, not because of philosophical objections or concerns about talent. Fears of intolerant locker rooms may be overblown in this day and age, but they're not entirely unfounded. When asked about Rhodes, Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith had this to say: "I don't know Kerry. We don't go in the same circles. We ain't in the same circles. We ain't in the same circles. I'll let that be."

The outed player could have all the talent and charisma in the world, but if he's rejected by his teammates, he can't be as effective on the field. That would cost a team money at best, wins at worst. When it comes to something as deeply personal as sexuality, the NFL calculous might not be personal at all.

Let's get back to the Redskins. Kerry Rhodes' 2012 performance alone should be enough for Washington to bring him in for a work out. Now consider our dismal pass defense, and reaching out to him becomes a no-brainer. The team would have no obligation to sign him, so evaluating the guy should be all reward and no risk. But what if the Skins did want him? The nine-year veteran is due a minimum salary of $840,000 [UPDATE: Steve Shoup points out that a veteran's minimum $840,000 would only count $555,000 against the cap due to the CBA's minimum salary benefit. NFL contracts are prorated, so missing three games makes Rhodes even less expensive]. Not cheap, but still doable with Washington's roughly $1.4 million in cap space. And there's nothing like sitting on the couch through the first three games of the season to convince a player to take whatever offer he gets.

The case of Kerry Rhodes is certainly a curious one. Is he being blackballed for his sexuality? I don't think I'm qualified to say for sure. But I am qualified to say that the Redskins need help at safety. And that football decisions should be made about football, nothing personal.

by Anonymousreply 46909/26/2013

So happy to see how that closeted queen is suffering! We should out more closeted shit!!!!

by Anonymousreply 47009/27/2013

I wish Mantasia would've recorded Kerry smashing him to smithereens! I know he regrets not doing that

by Anonymousreply 47109/27/2013

some of you all are just as vicious and bitter as Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 47209/28/2013

B

by Anonymousreply 47310/03/2013

Some new rumors and claims poppin regarding another star involved in love triad with Kerry and Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 47410/05/2013

Baller Mail - Which "True Blood" Star May Have Come Between Kerry Rhodes & Hollywood?

Posted by Eleven8 on October 4, 2013

A week or so ago Kerry's cake shots made their way to the internet. Now we're getting some more exclusive tea. Could there be more to the reason Hollywood and Kerry broke up? Is a hot True Blood star to blame? Check out the Baller Mail below!

Disclaimer: Baller Mails are submitted by our readers and are protected by federal statute 47 U.S.C. 230. BallerAlert.com can not confirm 100% accuracy of any story posted.

Read more:

by Anonymousreply 47510/05/2013

Mehcad Brooks is hot as hell

by Anonymousreply 47710/05/2013

No comments on the ass/partial dick pix at the link? Now I'm convinced there's a sex tape.

by Anonymousreply 47810/05/2013

"Hollywood" must be a power bottom extraordinaire to land so many hotties! Or maybe he gives great head.

by Anonymousreply 47910/05/2013

Who is the Alton mentioned at r475's link?:

"It's a big triangle. Alton is Kerry's new assistant and Kerry is now doing all the things he did for Russell, for Alton"

by Anonymousreply 48010/05/2013

I want to be Kerry's assistant!

by Anonymousreply 48110/06/2013

Alton Craig

by Anonymousreply 48210/06/2013

Loves them pocket gays.

by Anonymousreply 48310/06/2013

Damn R478, that ass pic is stunning and that dick looks damn hefty. Shit Rhodes is sexy. He won't get that much discussion here though because he is black, just the truth.

by Anonymousreply 48410/06/2013

I am confused, whose ass and partial-but-still-spectacular penis shot is at the above link?

by Anonymousreply 48510/06/2013

r484

Not unless he throws women off balconies!

by Anonymousreply 48610/06/2013

"He won't get that much discussion here though because he is black, just the truth."

This thread is approaching 500 replies so someone is paying attention!

by Anonymousreply 48710/06/2013

The post implies it's Rhodes ("his cakes").

by Anonymousreply 48810/06/2013

Rhodes is hot. I just fucking hope he comes out. Then he'll be the #1 gay athlete everyone wants to fuck. He'll have his pick!

by Anonymousreply 48910/06/2013

Mehcad Brooks - he was really hot as Alfrie Woodard's son during her season on Desperate Housewives.

by Anonymousreply 49010/06/2013

Alton is cuter than "Mantasia"

by Anonymousreply 49110/06/2013

"Mehcad Brooks - he was really hot as Alfrie Woodard's son during her season on Desperate Housewives."

Yeah, he's really sexy. Does anyone have any more gossip on him?

by Anonymousreply 49210/06/2013

Wow HOT pics at R475

but wait...why in the hell (if this is true) would Mehcad Brooks dump Alton Craig for Hollywood Russell? That Hollywood queen is fugly and not appealing. Also, why would Hollywood leave Kerry Rhodes for Mehcad Brooks and then trash Rhodes to the press? He'd have no reason to get mad. I'm not sure I believe this story.

I do like the idea of Alton Craig getting dicked down by first Brooks and now Rhodes though.

by Anonymousreply 49310/06/2013

This thread has over 491 posts. Kerry Rhodes has garnered plenty of attention.

by Anonymousreply 49410/06/2013

As hot as Mehcsd is, Kerry is even hotter. His bod is boss.

by Anonymousreply 49510/06/2013

Those pics of Brooks with Mantasia don't looke coupley. Obviously, they've socialised together.

My bet is that this is just Mantasia trying to stir more.

by Anonymousreply 49610/06/2013

Didn't Mehcad Brooks also do a Calvin Klein underwear ad?

by Anonymousreply 49710/06/2013

Yep, MB is plenty hot, but even he pales beside Gladiator built Kerry Rhodes.

by Anonymousreply 49810/06/2013

True R498- I have never seen my straight black trainer's ass at my gym, but he has a similar body and I like to imagine he has a similar ass. It makes my working out an absolute pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 49910/06/2013

Kerry Rhodes is the total package, from head to toe. The fact that he is an NFL football player only makes him even hotter. He is the dream dude women and men fantasize about.

by Anonymousreply 50010/06/2013

r500

Well, not the WHOLE package.

by Anonymousreply 50110/06/2013

He definitely likes non-masculine petite dudes, if he was involved with these guys.

by Anonymousreply 50210/06/2013

So do Kerry and Mehcad just pass bottom guys around between them?

by Anonymousreply 50310/06/2013

I don't buy it that Mehcad was romantically involved with Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 50410/06/2013

Just two closeted queens dating a trans girls so their "masculinity" isn't harmed. If it weren't for social stigma, they would date each other.

by Anonymousreply 50510/07/2013

R500 in terms of appearance he's VERY hot but he's also VERY fucking stupid. His posts on twitter are a mess.

by Anonymousreply 50610/07/2013

I don't blame Alton for getting some as well. From Kerry's home videos, he seems a lot cooler than Mantasia's thirsty ass.

Kerry reminds me of porn star J Strokes, just big strong dudes with ass for days. I bet Kerry puts it down like him too!

by Anonymousreply 50710/07/2013

[quote] Just two closeted queens dating a trans girls so their "masculinity" isn't harmed. If it weren't for social stigma, they would date each other.

Mantasia is a femmy guy. There's more social stigma involved there.

by Anonymousreply 50810/07/2013

Yes, the person who keeps saying Kerry is fucking femme guys because it's more acceptable is wrong. That's just what he likes. And please stop calling them trans, they aren't.

by Anonymousreply 50910/07/2013

His butt, thighs, and dick are insane

by Anonymousreply 51010/07/2013

r505, that is a weird and erroneous assumption by you. many men are naturally attracted feminine dudes only.

by Anonymousreply 51110/07/2013

[quote]His butt, thighs, and dick are insane

I would love to feel on this as he thrusted! Mantasia is a fool

by Anonymousreply 51210/07/2013

Yup, R454. As I posted, I knew it and didn't care. Loved every one of the Vikings. My.point was, if my twelve year old self knew it, I know Tarkenton, Marshall, Page, and the rest knew. And didn't care, because they liked the man AND he took care of business on the field.

Years later, my brother went into sports PR. He once told me lots of football/press people in the know referred to the man as "Carla" Eller. Even at his Hall of Fame induction ceremony. We both thought that was so ugly and unnecessary. And, yes, my big brother DID speak up about it.

by Anonymousreply 51310/07/2013

Eww, Kerry could do much better!

by Anonymousreply 51410/07/2013

R508, no, the heteronormative society wants sexy man + feminine creature pair, not two sexy men.

by Anonymousreply 51510/07/2013

How many downlow singers and actors are hanging around with Kerry?

by Anonymousreply 51610/07/2013

Well, I'm guessing at this point he has smartened up and if he's fucking any other dudes, they either meet at hotels or at each other's houses and no cell phones are allowed. He was a fool to let Hollywood record and shoot so much of him.

by Anonymousreply 51710/08/2013

Nice pics, r517!

by Anonymousreply 51810/08/2013

Kerry has no visible tattoos, that is really unusual for a pro athlete, or even a guy his age period. He seems like he marches to the beat of his own drum, so to speak. Cool guy.

by Anonymousreply 51910/08/2013

KR makes me horny. He just exudes hot powerful jock sex.

by Anonymousreply 52010/08/2013

Are we sure the nudes are him?

by Anonymousreply 52110/08/2013

Kerry's "friend" John Legend is on WWHL in 23 minutes. I dare 1 of y'all to call in and ask him a question about Kerry.

by Anonymousreply 52210/08/2013

Dang that pic of his torso is pure white hot heat.

by Anonymousreply 52310/09/2013

Former Basketball Wives star Jennifer Williams recently held an intimate birthday celebration at Noir Restaurant in New York City. She invited her goo friends Al Reynolds, Kerry Rhodes, Mashonda and more to help her celebrate another year of life. Check out the photos below!

Speaking of Kerry Rhodes, a rep for Kerry says that he will soon be refuting the allegations of his "fraudulent disgruntled former assistant" so stay tuned for that.

Read more:

by Anonymousreply 52410/09/2013

haha, they're probably writing "war and peace" long fiction to "prove" Rhodes heterosexuality!

by Anonymousreply 52510/09/2013

"Former Basketball Wives star Jennifer Williams recently held an intimate birthday celebration at Noir Restaurant in New York City. She invited her goo friends Al Reynolds, Kerry Rhodes, Mashonda and more to help her celebrate another year of life"

Is that THE Al Reynolds aka Star's better half?

by Anonymousreply 52610/09/2013

yes, that is AR

by Anonymousreply 52710/09/2013

[quote]Speaking of Kerry Rhodes, a rep for Kerry says that he will soon be refuting the allegations of his "fraudulent disgruntled former assistant" so stay tuned for that.

I'd be careful about engaging if I were he. I still think Mantasia may be sitting on a sex tape/fuck pix.

by Anonymousreply 52810/09/2013

He will only fan the flames by engaging in war with Hollywood. The story could have died a natural death, but now KR is pouring gasoline on the flames.

by Anonymousreply 52910/09/2013

[quote]The story could have died a natural death, but now KR is pouring gasoline on the flames.

Good. He is the very definition of homophobia. Good for Hollywood for outing this asshole. I see him in those pictures pretending to check out women. I hope his career is over. I know that's a terrible thing to say, but good. He's a liar and a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 53010/09/2013

The very definition of homophobia? thus far, he has been rather respectful of gay people in his statements, while merely asserting he is not gay. I haven't seen a lot of outward homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 53110/09/2013

The closet is homophobia, R532. When you're a homosexual pretending to be a heterosexual, that is homophobia. Calling a gay person a faggot isn't the only form of homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 53210/09/2013

R531 / R533 it's each gay person's own business whether he/she wants to be publicly gay or not. Rhodes works in a field that is rank with homophobia and while it would be nice if he could be an example of a pro gay football player, I don't blame him for not having the courage to do so. Who knows, maybe he'll come out later on. It's not fair to be outed by another person. I don't think it's fair to judge someone that way. He's not married with kids so I give him a break.

by Anonymousreply 53310/09/2013

[quote]I haven't seen a lot of outward homophobia.

You mean despite the fact that he remains in the closet and refuses to admit he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 53410/09/2013

"admit" sounds homophobic. being gay is not a crime.

by Anonymousreply 53510/09/2013

R534, because of such silent homophobes like you there are still so few out gay athletes. We must out the motherfuckers! The time of the soft power has long gone, we've offered them everything to be comfortably out but they still want to please the heteronormative society.

by Anonymousreply 53610/09/2013

I think outing people is wrong. People have a right to define their own existence and identity in accordance to their own values, beliefs, and interests. Sure, some people are lying or in denial, but sexual identity is a person and individual thing that is owned by no one but the individual. Further, just because others have a political or social agenda that would be benefited by having more people identify as gay does not mean that individuals have to share that agenda. In fact, most gay and bisexual people are closeted or in denial for various reasons. They get to decide if and when they identify as gay/bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 53710/09/2013

Why are you so fixated on this r538 if you think it's wrong? Shouldn't you mind your business?

And your attitude is rather sad. 'Oh I'm not one of those gays with an agenda.' Ugh. While your betters fight for your rights.

by Anonymousreply 53810/10/2013

Who is that "we must out every gay" troll? Mind your fucking business. You don't know everyone's situation. I respect people's choices. As long as a gay man doesn't marry a woman, have kids and then play around on her in secret, I don't care if guys don't come out until later in life.

by Anonymousreply 53910/10/2013

R540, Kerry Rhodes is pretending to be heterosexual. And, he's not the father of my child.

PS, are you the "I respect people's choices" troll?

by Anonymousreply 54010/10/2013

I guess these homophobes defending Kerry are closeted gays themselves working for NOM

by Anonymousreply 54110/10/2013

"yes, that is AR"

I wonder if Al made a play for Kerry. You know he wanted to!!!!

by Anonymousreply 54210/10/2013

Kerry is 31. Here are some of the ages at which celebrities have come out, publicly

Ricky Martin, 38

Anderson Cooper & Don Lemon, 45

Matt Bomer, 34

Wentworth Miller, 41

Ellen DeGeneres, 39

Neil Patrick Harris, 33

by Anonymousreply 54310/10/2013

waiting for KR to speak.

by Anonymousreply 54410/17/2013

"She?" I am not aware of a female involved in this story besides Kerry's girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 54610/20/2013

Oh, because to be a woman is to have no backbone.

by Anonymousreply 54810/20/2013

Tranny chaser

by Anonymousreply 54910/20/2013

r549, what ignorant misogyny and homophobia combined. sick stuff.

by Anonymousreply 55010/22/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 55110/23/2013

r551

You didn't read the "fuck off" in the signature?

by Anonymousreply 55210/23/2013

R551, no homophobia. Trans girls =/= gay!

by Anonymousreply 55310/24/2013

"trans girls?"

by Anonymousreply 55410/24/2013

trans girls, like the one Kerry was dating

by Anonymousreply 55510/24/2013

uh ok

by Anonymousreply 55610/24/2013

His movie is coming out soon.

by Anonymousreply 55710/29/2013

He's in a movie?

by Anonymousreply 55810/29/2013

not a movie... imdb says it's a tv series.

by Anonymousreply 55910/29/2013

Well, either way he looks hot in that cop uniform. Handcuff me, officer!

by Anonymousreply 56010/29/2013

He looks so good in the uniform, I want him to give me a powerful orgasm!

by Anonymousreply 56110/29/2013

Where will this tv show be shown?

by Anonymousreply 56210/31/2013

webisodes, i guess

by Anonymousreply 56310/31/2013

Rhodes is just stunningly hot. From head to toe, his body is a wonderland.

by Anonymousreply 56410/31/2013

He's straight.

by Anonymousreply 56510/31/2013

It looks funny and Kerry looks HOT. Looking at the trailer, he actually does a good job acting with straight face (in the comic sense, not sexually lol) as he doesn't bust out laughing at all the mess going on around him.

by Anonymousreply 56610/31/2013

Kerry Rhodes - Official 16 hours ago Great workout today! Lol pumping the music out and getting it. #igoextra #killinit #havingfun #hardworktoo

by Anonymousreply 56711/01/2013

Did he let that trans woman put her useless stick in his glorious big bubble butt?

by Anonymousreply 56811/01/2013

no

by Anonymousreply 56911/04/2013

Can we expect a leaked sex tape?

by Anonymousreply 57011/04/2013

R571, I wish

by Anonymousreply 57111/04/2013

What is he doing now?

by Anonymousreply 57211/14/2013

masturbating

by Anonymousreply 57311/14/2013

what a waste...

by Anonymousreply 57411/14/2013

Kerry Rhodes is a free agent. Nobody will sign him, even though he played really well last year. If you take his words from earlier this year, that he’s not gay, this makes no sense. There are a lot of bad safeties in the league. Kerry Rhodes was good last year.

Yes.

I’m a bit uncomfortable writing this, because: Yes, Kerry Rhodes has denied that he’s gay. But, Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman recently published “The Inside Story of How the NFL’s Plan for Its 1st Openly Gay Player Fell Apart,” and it seems strikingly obvious that the player he won’t name is Kerry Rhodes.

Let’s look at the evidence.

From Freeman’s article:

Along with the initial player discussed in this article, there was a fairly well-known defensive back. He drew interest from at least one AFC team that knew he was gay. Coaches on the team were asked if they were OK with a gay player. They were. Some defensive players were casually queried, according to an official on the team. All of the players asked said it wouldn’t be an issue. They were not told the name of the player.

Kerry Rhodes is fairly well-known. He is a defensive back.

According to the team, the potential deal collapsed when the player wanted too much money. If that was the case—and there is doubt about that among gay-rights advocates—it stands apart from everything else league insiders are saying about an NFL which they know includes many gay players and not a single one who will publicly acknowledge he’s gay.

About two months ago, Deadspin posted an article, titled: “Now Kerry Rhodes Is Out Of The NFL Because He Wanted Too Much Money.”

Freeman has to be aware of what he’s insinuating, that Kerry Rhodes was set to be the first active gay NFLer. Could you blame Kerry Rhodes for insisting he’s straight if this was what happened?

Or when Steve Smith says something like this?

I don’t know Kerry. We don’t go in the same circles. We ain’t in the same circles. We ain’t in the same circles. I’ll let that be.

Maybe nobody has signed someone just because they’re worried about the rumors surrounding him. Drew Magary mentioned this in his very reasonable, “Is The NFL Blacklisting Kerry Rhodes?” Maybe he magically lost many steps in one year. Maybe he doesn’t care that much about football anymore and can’t convince a team to sign him. These things are vaguely realistic.

Throw in Kerry Rhodes bragging about supposedly having sex with Kim Kardashian as Kanye was doing the same (yes, this really happened) and the outspokenness of a dude that says he was Rhodes’ boyfriend (accompanied by a suggestive picture), and, well… you see where this is going. There’s fire. The smoke detector is going off.

It was a pretty curious decision to throw in “fairly well-known defensive back” into that B/R article, because, well, any reasonable person would assume that there’s a really good chance he’s referring to Kerry Rhodes.

Again, I’m not saying that Kerry Rhodes is definitely gay. But, look at all the circumstantial evidence. There’s quite a bit of it, and it all fits together pretty well.

I’m assuming this story will develop further, so stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 57511/20/2013

[quote]What is he doing now?

In John Legend's bed, earning his keep!

by Anonymousreply 57611/20/2013

r576, that's interesting

by Anonymousreply 57711/21/2013

Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman, a veteran National Football League reporter, reported Wednesday that over the summer, at least one NFL player was close to coming out as gay. The player, according to Freeman’s report, was a free agent, but he was negotiating a contract with a team that knew he was preparing to come out. Another gay player was close to signing at the same time. The second player’s team also knew he was gay and didn’t care. When it asked current players, they said it would be no problem. That deal fell apart too, when the player, who Freeman describes as a “high-profile defensive back,” requested too much money.

More interesting, though, is why the deal with the first player never happened. All of this was happening around the time that the NBA’s Jason Collins came out as gay in April, a major media story in a sports world still looking for its first openly gay player in one of the four major American sports leagues. It turned into a media storm, and that, according to Freeman, scared the NFL team away:

The first player, the one who expected to sign in June, heard in mid-to-late May from the interested team that it would no longer be signing him, officials from other teams told Bleacher Report. The player was told the reason why was fear of intense media coverage.

That may seem an understandable fear, but I think it’s misguided. The coming out of an NFL player will be a major media story, to be sure, but I think any team fearful of signing a gay player simply because of the media spectacle it would create is overstating what will occur.

Consider this: the coming out of professional soccer player Robbie Rogers was also a major media story, and his anticipated return to the sport caused much anxiety in the sports world. Rogers, who retired upon coming out, eventually signed with Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Galaxy. When he returned to play for the first time on May 27 in front of a packed crowd in LA, his appearance led ESPN’s SportsCenter. It made headlines in major newspapers across the country. Sports blogs, including this one, trumpeted the achievement.

And then it was done.

How much have we heard about Rogers and his sexuality since? His teammates, his league, and his fans were accepting. When Rogers notched his lone assist of the season, there were no headlines about him being the first openly gay player to create a goal in MLS history. His sexuality was a story up until the minute he stepped on the field, when the whole world realized that Robbie Rogers, gay or straight, was still a soccer player.

The NFL, of course, isn’t the MLS. It receives far more attention, to say the least, and meta- and non-stories churn in the media’s NFL echo chamber for days. It would unquestionably be a bigger deal for an NFL (or NBA or MLB) player to come out than it was for a soccer player, as Collins’ coming out proved. But the basic media dynamic, while grander, is still largely the same. It will be a huge media story when a gay player comes out, when he signs his first contract, when he goes to his first training camp. The anticipation will build until he plays his first game, at which point media outlets across the country and around the world will highlight the breaking of a barrier. The headline — So-And-So Becomes First Openly Gay Man In The NFL — will be huge. But then, what will we write? First Openly Gay Man Scores Touchdown? First Openly Gay Man Rushes For 100 Yards? First Openly Gay Man Says Team Needs To Improve To Win Super Bowl? Those stories aren’t interesting, and so that type of coverage isn’t sustainable.

Rather, what NFL teams fear is the potential negative coverage that could come with it. The media will write stories when players talk trash about gay players, when they say they aren’t ready, when they make homophobic comments. The media will write stories if fans treat the player poorly. If the player isn’t performing up to his past standards, perhaps there will be questions about whether the player was simply an affirmative action hire, a publicity stunt to sell tickets. An idiot on talk radio will make those claims or say the league isn’t ready or blame a team’s loss on the distraction of having a gay player around. They fear what will happen if a gay player gets hazed or bullied. With an openly gay player, those stories will only seem worse, the teams surmise. And if a team decides to cut a player who is gay, the media will question whether it was a legit roster decision or motivated by discrimination.

But guess what? Most of that is already happening. Players have already made homophobic comments. The media and fans have already questioned whether roster decisions involving vocal gay allies like Brendan Ayanbadejo and Chris Kluwe were motivated by discrimination and homophobia. Talk radio hosts are already idiots on any number of topics, and you can’t police their stupidity. Other teams already make it seem like the league isn’t ready for an openly gay player by asking potential draft picks if they “like girls.” Bullying, we’ve learned this year, already happens. Those aren’t dependent on an openly gay player. They already exist without one.

The teams are right that the NFL’s first openly gay player will be a major media story. It will be heralded as a major achievement and milestone in the fight for LGBT equality, as it should be. I just don’t think it will be the sustained media story they say they fear when they back off from signing a gay player. There will be issues that will be explored, questions that will be asked, stories that will be written. There will be talk about it because we love to spend hours talking about everything NFL, no matter the topic’s gravity or banality. But my guess is that most players already know they play with gay teammates, that they’re fine with it, and that their support would dampen many stories that could otherwise look negative for the league. Once everyone in and outside the NFL realizes that a gay player is still just a football player, there just won’t be much more to write than there already is. We’ll instead move on to the next hot topic, whether it’s a penalty that cost a team a game, a match-up between two of the sport’s best quarterbacks, or Donte Whitner’s on-again off-again decision to change his name.

by Anonymousreply 57811/21/2013

The comments on the Bleacher Report are so awful. I believe they are the true representation of America. People are not outwardly homophobic anymore, they take it to the Internet. I do believe those comments are the real reflection of where America stands with gay people, and not just a small minority of people.

by Anonymousreply 57911/21/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 58011/21/2013

R580, most of those are just elderly Republicans. They come from the sites like Drudge Report to spread their filth.

by Anonymousreply 58111/21/2013

Kerry Rhodes turned 31 in August. He has been a solid playmaker in the secondary for nearly a decade, starting 116 games between age 23 and age 30. There has, though, been a disconnect between the PFF rankings and the perception of Kerry Rhodes, and that pre-dates the internet rumors from this April.

In 2009, he was the #1 ranked safety according to PFF. That was in a season when he was temporarily demoted by head coach Rex Ryan in favor of hard-hitting Eric Smith (who is currently 30 years old and also a free agent). At the end of that season, Rhodes was traded to the Cardinals for a 4th and 7th round pick. When reached on his cell phone, former Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum declined comment on why the Jets traded Rhodes. It would be difficult to imagine the Jets viewed him as the best safety in football, though, just based on the trade.

Rhodes has never been selected to a Pro Bowl in his career. That is, perhaps, an oversight by the league, or could be the result of playing in a conference with Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, and Bob Sanders of the Colts. A review of safeties with similar careers to Rhodes through age 30 (guys with an approximate value of 46 to 66 through age 30, one pro bowl or less), shows that in the NFL, it is age that comes before rumor.

51435578ALP_D070480083.JPG

Of the 41 similar safeties who also started 10 or more games at age 30, 14 of them (34%) started two or fewer games at age 31. The average number of starts at 31 was 8.4. Rhodes is 31 now, and the average age for that group of comparables the last time they started at least 8 games in the NFL? Also 31.

Perhaps George Atkinson was blacklisted because of his activities as a hit man, or Mark Kelso because of discrimination against really large helmets. If you are not considered an elite Hall of Fame-type performer as you move into your 30s, finding work can be tough, especially if the price doesn’t match up for the team.

So it comes down to how elite Rhodes is viewed. We have this 4th overall ranking in PFF for safeties, but how certain are we that is an accurate measure of reality? Would it change your view to know that in the three years in Arizona from age 28 to age 30, Rhodes was ranked 62nd, 32nd and 4th by PFF? Saying he averaged being the 32nd best safety on average from ages 28 to 30 sounds a lot different.

Those individual rankings are quite variable. This is not a knock on PFF at all. You would see the same thing just looking at things like yards per carry, or yards per reception, or sacks. The top 10 safeties in PFF’s rankings from 2008 to 2011 averaged finishing at #32 the following season. Nearly a third of them (12 of 38, 2 did not qualify with injury) were ranked outside the top 50 the following season. Safety is even more variable than some other positions, trying to assess the play based on film, without knowing all the calls and responsibilities. The top 10 offensive tackles, for example, averaged finishing at #20 the next year, an indication of the relative consistency of evaluation between those positions.

The problem is taking that single year ranking and then making a value judgment that Kerry Rhodes is one of the best safeties in the league. That perception was not shared commonly before April 11th, 2013, when the photos emerged. Weeks before the photos hit the web, ESPN compiled this list of the top 50 safety free agents, and Rhodes was ranked 17th, behind Michael Huff and Dawan Landry. That would put him in borderline starter range.

According to this article from the end of March, again pre-dating the rumors, the Cardinals tried to convince Rhodes to take a pay cut, but still got an offer potentially in the neighborhood of $2 million a year. He declined. The Big Lead contacted Rhodes’ agent Todd France for comment on any offers made to Rhodes, but we have not received a response.

That article also noted that there were “a glut of veteran safeties looking for work.” In looking at the ESPN list of safety free agents, a few re-signed with their teams early, or signed with a new team after being released early in the offseason. After Rhodes was released, but before the internet rumors hit, nearly a month passed. Teams signed 20 different safeties during that period, the most active in free agency when teams are setting their rosters before turning to more concrete draft plans.

Ed Reed was on the market for nine days in free agency before agreeing to a deal with Houston. Bernard Pollard lasted eight days between being cut and signing with the Titans. Adrian Wilson went eight days between being released by Arizona and signing in New England.

One would have to try to explain – if the league perception is that Rhodes is otherwise one of the best available safeties – why 20 teams went a different route when one of the four best safeties in the NFL was on the market, before April 11th. I suppose you could hypothesize that the league already knew and rumors were out there, though there is no indication at this time of that possibility.

That leaves the other explanation – Rhodes wasn’t willing to take what the market was willing to pay, and he wasn’t valued very highly by the market. It is not sexy, but nothing required Rhodes to accept whatever amount was offered. Arizona reportedly offered Rhodes somewhere around $2 million, then instead signed veteran Yeremiah Bell right after free agency began for $905,000 on a 1-year deal.

At the end of March, Michael Huff (Baltimore) and Will Allen (Dallas) both signed for cheaper deals. They were two of the last dominoes to fall for teams looking to sign safeties. The final activity came right before the Rhodes rumors surfaced. New Orleans signed Jim Leonhard as a backup on April 8th, Dawan Landry signed with the Jets on April 9th, and the Raiders signed Usama Young (who we should note was 12th in PFF rankings) on April 9th, along with Reggie Smith on April 10th.

No other player was signed by any team at safety until after the draft. Only three safeties in ESPN’s top 40 free agents have been signed by any team since April 10th: Charles Woodson by the Raiders in May; Chris Hope at the end of June by Detroit (he was cut in the preseason); and Quintin Mikell by the Carolina Panthers on September 2nd after Haruki Nakamura went on IR.

Mikell is a thorn in the side of this conspiracy theory. He is also highly valued by PFF rankings (From 2008 to 2012, ranking 1st, 9th, 1st, 35th, and 5th). He was ranked 4th in ESPN’s free agent safety rankings. A story on why the 5th ranked player in the PFF rankings was not signed until September would not have as much sizzle, since there is no convenient narrative related to him.

Now that Mikell is signed, I think you can make the argument that Rhodes is next up, assuming he is willing to meet the teams on contract issues. Rhodes just had a workout with the Giants on Tuesday, and will likely get inquiries from others as injuries or poor performance by younger guys roll in this month. No one says that NFL franchises have to always act optimally or make wise decisions. Sometimes they place too much emphasis on youth only to get burned. Let’s wait until the teams bypass Rhodes when injuries mount, because right now, I see a league that was not exactly knocking down the door to sign Rhodes before mid-April, and has not exactly bypassed him in favor of other veteran safeties on the market since the draft. I’m not ruling out that an individual team has less than stellar motivation, but I highly doubt it is a league wide issue, and the evidence certainly does not point in that direction. I am going to need to see teams bypassing Rhodes for players other than Charles Woodson and Quintin Mikell, to believe that something more sinister is going on

by Anonymousreply 58211/21/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 58311/23/2013

Kerry Rhodes - Official

#tbt Actors Michael Rapaport (Remy from Higher Learning) and Joel David Moore (Avatar) trying to distract me but I'm locked in at the NBA celebrity game/3point contest. #baller #lockedin

by Anonymousreply 58411/26/2013

Posted: Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013 Patriots Panthers Football Bob Leverone - AP A ESPN Deportes banner hangs from the stands at Bank of America Stadium before the New England Patriots faced the Carolina Panthers in an NFL football game in Charlotte. The game was the most-watched ‘Monday Night Football’ game ever on the network. Store | More Information

Panthers’ WR Steve Smith won’t back down Panthers’ Johnson, Hardy miss practice with knee issues Panthers’ Tolbert leads fullbacks in Pro Bowl voting Ex-Panther Greene among NFL Hall of Fame semifinalists NFL embraces possibility of snowy Super Bowl Panthers' Cam Newton focused on Dolphins, not recent success Notes: DE Johnson’s long-term prognosis promising Scott Says: Panthers to beat Miami by 14

ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” is usually the night’s most-watched cable television event, and this week was no different.

But the New England Patriots-Carolina Panthers game also holds the distinction of being the most-watched football game on ESPN Deportes, the network’s Spanish-language television station. According to an ESPN press release, an average ESPN Deportes audience of 157,000 viewers watched the Panthers’ 24-20 win Monday, beating the previous best (Chicago-Dallas in 2012) by more than 30,000 viewers.

In all, the game received a 9.9 U.S. rating, representing an average of 15,772,000 viewers. That is better than MNF’s average 8.5 rating with an average of 13,359,000 viewers.

The game got a combined rating of 37.8 in the Charlotte market, compared with a combined 36.1 rating in the Boston market.

Read more here:

by Anonymousreply 58511/26/2013

Kerry likes to model

by Anonymousreply 58611/26/2013

I still can't believe anyone thinks this guy is "straight"

Americans are so gullible.

by Anonymousreply 58711/26/2013

He's not 100% gay though. No gay man would ever date such trans girl!

by Anonymousreply 58811/27/2013

I think Kerry Rhodes is gay, does not want to face it, or face teammates, so he is literally turning down contracts as to avoid any association within homosexuality or questions, whispers, or rumors among teammates regarding it.

He is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 58911/27/2013

We need someone to make a sequel thread.

by Anonymousreply 59012/12/2013

[quote] so he is literally turning down contracts

What contracts? player contracts?

by Anonymousreply 59112/12/2013

has anyone watched his "tv show"?

by Anonymousreply 59212/12/2013

He looks hot

by Anonymousreply 59312/12/2013

Could someone point to the last interesting post on this thread? It keeps being bumped with nary an advance in the Rhodes saga.

by Anonymousreply 59412/12/2013

Fitness ad ready? #pool #plankposition yes I fell into the pool after lol

by Anonymousreply 59512/16/2013

almost full

by Anonymousreply 59612/16/2013

Kerry is scrumptious

I was hoping a trail of messy queens emerged after Mantasia with their evidence about this one, like with Kevin Clash. But alas Mantasia is the only one to come forward, so far...

by Anonymousreply 59712/16/2013

Hollywood might be the one dude he has been with, assuming he has been with Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 59812/16/2013

Or other guys actually respect Kerry and his privacy more likely and don't want to be attention seeking drama queens.

by Anonymousreply 59912/16/2013

where is the new thread for this?

by Anonymousreply 60012/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.