Hoarder of the future, Lewis has:

An alter to stacked design books

At least one large nude sculpture

Some oil paintings that hide behind crap

A nice jaw line

by Anonymousreply 1404/18/2013

Altar, OP.

Now I'M tired.

So much clutter. A sailboat or clipper or whatever hiding under the bottom shelf of that bookcase? Why is the painting not centered over that little sofa?

Why is there so much damn clutter?

The alibaster collectables are nice, I'm sure, but it just looks like somebody forgot to put the dishes away.

All the binoculars on the windowsill just gather grit and dust and become unworkable.

by Anonymousreply 104/17/2013

Shitty little trinkets trying to suggest a personality, ugh.

by Anonymousreply 204/17/2013

Why are all the decorators chosen by NYSD such clutter queens?

by Anonymousreply 304/17/2013

4:54

by Anonymousreply 404/17/2013

Edit Mr. Miller. You don't need to have everything you own out on display. On the other hand, I do like his sense of style for a young man.

by Anonymousreply 504/17/2013

It's so creamy white. Does clutter really work well in a creamy white enviroment?

It would be interesting to know why some people feel the need to show off their knick and knacks in such a way like they bare their inner soul to anyone who gains entrance to their holy abode. Are they conversation starters with tricks to get over that awkard pause between entering the apartment and foreplay?

by Anonymousreply 604/17/2013

Great. Now the "dialing a phone with a pencil" is cutting roses and obsessively filling your childhood home with them. Glaring examples of toddler gayness aside and interventions as a child defoliates rose bushes and has a compulsive flower fetish, Lewis has grown up in all the right places.

Too bad it's too Californian, too cluttered, too breezy, too precious, and just too...too. The housing market in Manhattan must be dire, as people with clients like his are forced to decorate their closet/abode.

The pieces are too big, and it would be a tight fit at a beach house even with a vista to look out at instead of the Manhattan skyline. It looks uncomfortable and possibly Diane Keaton's sleep over place in the city.

He's got a pair though. He OWNS the stackeded book thingy. There it is, on an altar, him posing next to it, and kudos to him for saying "bitch, I stacked it!"

by Anonymousreply 704/17/2013

Dude, you know you've got too many tchotchkes... when you have to put them on the fucking floor.

by Anonymousreply 804/18/2013

[bold]Data Lounge and the Mystery of the High Queen's NYSD Flat[/bold]

[quote]So much clutter. A sailboat or clipper or whatever hiding under the bottom shelf of that bookcase? Why is the painting not centered over that little sofa?

Theory:

They MOVED the sofa for the shoot! It's usually centered facing the TV. The deco Chair sits in the other corner. The diorama balances the TV on the table instead of the alabaster/plants. Both stools hide beneath the table.

by Anonymousreply 904/18/2013

Not perfect, but it actually looks like someone lives there, unlike most of the others we've seen. But yeah, too much stuff crammed in and hideous stacked books. On the other hand, there's a consistency to the apartment that's also unusual for these NYSD places.

by Anonymousreply 1004/18/2013

What dead animal is resting on his head? Or is that just the world's most ill fitting hairpiece?

by Anonymousreply 1104/18/2013

Lovely interview and photos. The place has a nice personality and an amusing amount of clutter.

I wish him dozens of dyed carnations in hideous hues of blues and greens.

by Anonymousreply 1204/18/2013

Is he a giant? Or are all of the chairs 7/8 scale? Or both?

The rooms are quite tiny, yet he's chosen many underscaled side chairs --their seats a scant few inches off the floor-- to lurk about in the shadows of looming urns, for what-were-those-pills-you-gave-me? Alice-In-Wonderland effect.

It looks like an upscale garden center showroom gone all Etsy and wrong. Perhaps though through one of those doors is a large open space with a display of Versailles boxes, lead cisterns, and "water features"?

by Anonymousreply 1304/18/2013

It's very generic.

And WTF are those chandeliers with 300 candles? Light one of those up and you'll burn down the building.

by Anonymousreply 1404/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.