Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It's going to be a lone white right-wing bomber

The bomb has the hallmarks of a lone work attack, and the fact the attack happened in Boston (site of the tea party) on Tax Day/Patriot's Day cannot be coincidental.

Stop believing these false news stories where they claim to have arrested an Arab or a Muslim. It will not be al-Qaeda: if it had been them who did they'd have claimed responsibility by now.

by Anonymousreply 6304/23/2013

OP will you agree to demonize the bomber equally no matter his/her ethnicity? Or do you have a racial agenda?

by Anonymousreply 104/17/2013

I disagree on one point. I don't think Al Qaeda announces their handiwork. Did they announce their responsibility for the WTC- 9/11? I don't recall. I think we knew it was them, evidence corroborated it was them, as with the USS Cole and the embassies abroad, but I don't recall some announcement of theirs taking credit for it.

by Anonymousreply 204/17/2013

Excuse me.

by Anonymousreply 304/17/2013

OP this kind of conjecture is as annoying as speculation that is must be Islamic extremism.

Deal with the fact: at this point, we simply don't know who the fuck did this.

by Anonymousreply 404/17/2013

Yes, r2, Al Qaeda certainly claimed responsibility for 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 504/17/2013

R5: Al Qaeda did not claim/admit to responsibility for 9/11 until November. Before that, they denied involvement. On September 28, OBL told a Pakistani newspaper, "I have already said that I am not involved in the September 11 attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie."

That said, I think OP is right.

by Anonymousreply 604/17/2013

Not all Islamic terrorism is affiliated with Al Qaeda, especially at this point when Al Qaeda is such a fragmented and disemboweled organization. The notion that the bomber (if a Jihadist) had any direct contact with Al Qaeda leadership is highly unlikely.

That being said, as others have pointed out, it is impossible to speculate when we know absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 804/17/2013

Yesterday Wolf Blitzer kept referring to a "possible lone wolf."

I think it was a confession.

by Anonymousreply 904/17/2013

[quote]Did they announce their responsibility for the WTC- 9/11?

No, Osama bin Laden denied responsibility for the attacks on 9/11. The Taliban told the USA they would turn over bin Laden IF the USA would provide proof of his guilt. The Bush administration replied that they didn't need to provide any stinkin' proof and invaded Afghanistan anyway, which was what they intended to do all along.

by Anonymousreply 1104/17/2013

Timothy McVeigh nor Eric Rudolph claimed responsibility for their attacks.

by Anonymousreply 1204/17/2013

More than 1 person involved. At least 3 or 4.

by Anonymousreply 1304/17/2013

[quote]Who takes a backpack to watch a foot race?

I don't find that part the least bit strange. If I was going to spend the day at an outdoor event I would probably want to carry along a few sundry items. Possibly snacks, water, a cushion to sit on, binoculars, a sweatshirt, phone or iPad, sunglasses, map, bus/train schedules, god knows what else depending on where you are coming from and how long you are going to be out and about.

by Anonymousreply 1504/17/2013

OP is right

I would bet mny entire life savings that the bomber is a white right wing American

by Anonymousreply 1604/17/2013

The bomb is the same type as the one from Times Square...isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 1704/17/2013

R17, they say the bomb is similar to what they use in afghanistan and iraq.

by Anonymousreply 1804/17/2013

It is a lone coward.

Jihad terrorists do their damage out loud and they feel a sick pride in claiming.

Right Wing tools, much like the rest of their party, Spew Shit, DENY, and RUN to hide from the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 1904/17/2013

So would you consider the shoe bomber and Times Square bomber lone cowards?

by Anonymousreply 2004/17/2013

I carry a back pack every day. It's not good for your back to wear a bag on one shoulder. I carry my laptop, books, wallet, water bottle, etc. ALL in my backpack.

by Anonymousreply 2104/17/2013

I've never understood why anyone would make the kind of distinction r19 is trying to make. One is not better than the other. If you kill people, it's murder. It doesn't really matter whether you explain yourself or take credit.

by Anonymousreply 2204/17/2013

R22 I didnt get the impression R19 was saying one is better than the other. Just comparing and contrasting their M.O.

by Anonymousreply 2304/17/2013

r23, to me the use of "coward" is an attempt to suggest that it is a greater evil. But I've always thought coward was a stupid word in almost any circumstance. It means what? Natural human fear of something that would hurt you? In that sense, it's just intelligence. Isn't the object of any combat, war, or violence to inflict damage while reducing the damage to yourself? The evil in the Boston incident is not that the bombers tried to protect themselves, but that they killed and hurt people who did not deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 2404/17/2013

For now on they are going to have to NOT let people bring back-backs or large purses to these events.

by Anonymousreply 2504/17/2013

I'm guessing that friends and family may have clothes etc for runners when they cross the finish line, in their backpacks. I know that runners in the NYC marathon dump their clothes in Staten Island (start point) and those clothes are donated to homeless shelters after.

by Anonymousreply 2604/17/2013

Remember the D.C, sniper? That was a tough call. We knew he was military but we all thought he was white white.

by Anonymousreply 2704/17/2013

They didn't claim 9/11 right away, I remember that. It took a while. They denied it at the beginning, too. At this point, we don't know.

by Anonymousreply 2804/17/2013

Faye Resnick

by Anonymousreply 3004/17/2013

Of White Domestic terrorists, sometimes they're right wing, sometimes they're left wing. Is your anger about the tragedy dependent on who did it?

by Anonymousreply 3104/17/2013

Remember when all of DL just KNEW that Gabby Gifford's shooter was a right-wing tea bagger?

Oops!

by Anonymousreply 3204/17/2013

When was the last time there was a left-wing terrorist attack in the US? 1973?

by Anonymousreply 3304/17/2013

SLA! SLA!!

by Anonymousreply 3404/17/2013

R24 Ok, I understand what you are saying now. And I agree, the way coward is used to make it seem even worse is overdone. Like when they called the 911 hijackers cowards. I'm sorry, but I think you need to have balls of brass to fly an airplane into a building. I'm not saying its admirable what they did. Not by a long shot.

by Anonymousreply 3504/17/2013

[quote]When was the last time there was a left-wing terrorist attack in the US? 1973?

According to James Dobson, it was November 6, 2012. He has identified 65,907,213 terrorists as contributing to the massacre

by Anonymousreply 3604/17/2013

I hope it's a dark-skinned right winger. America would explode!

by Anonymousreply 3704/17/2013

The only thing we can say for certain at this point is that it's a penised person.

It's always a penised person.

by Anonymousreply 3804/17/2013

I was thinking it was the work of a morbidly obese person.

by Anonymousreply 3904/17/2013

So r38 are you trying to tell us that you think he's probably hot?

by Anonymousreply 4004/17/2013

People meeting runners at the finish line. People leaving Fenway after the Red Sox game. People who don't feel like holding their cameras, water bottles and sweaters all day. People carrying out a terrorist attack.

by Anonymousreply 4104/17/2013

And for snacks. Don't forget the snacks.

by Anonymousreply 4204/17/2013

I think it's just "wacko", r43.

by Anonymousreply 4404/17/2013

Nope. Wack-ohs and whack-ohs are two distinct things.

by Anonymousreply 4504/17/2013

a lone wolf with TWO oversized bags carrying pressure cookers filled with metal? that right there makes me think it's two people.

by Anonymousreply 4604/17/2013

From your lips to Allah's ear, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4704/17/2013

[quote]They didn't claim 9/11 right away

No, but the difference is that we knew right away who was responsible. The men who had hijacked the planes were identified fairly quickly. It was just their connection to Al Qaeda that was in dispute.

by Anonymousreply 4804/18/2013

April 15 - tax day

Boston - Tea Party

Massachusetts - liberal bastion/gay marriage/gun control

Patriots Day

Higher education - elitist

Black governor

Annual event - strong soft target

Of course, it could be a Muslim terrorist and this is all just a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 4904/18/2013

NBC newscaster on Morning Joe says they have videotape now of the guy's face as he dropped off the back pack and ran away. They also have tape of him talking on a cell phone so they are checking those records as well.

by Anonymousreply 5004/18/2013

Two guys and they look "blank"

by Anonymousreply 5104/18/2013

Uh huh, Muslim brothers.

Don't you feel like an idiot OP?

by Anonymousreply 5204/19/2013

All in the name of Allah.

by Anonymousreply 5304/19/2013

Well, OP, it wasn't that crazy a guess given the date and location.

by Anonymousreply 5404/19/2013

My God, OP! Your prediction was uncanny. I'll alert the media. You're the new Jeanne Dixon!

by Anonymousreply 5504/19/2013

They're not exactly white white. Gray maybe?

by Anonymousreply 5604/19/2013

nope

by Anonymousreply 5704/22/2013

The new DL term is 'white adjacent'. Which means those groups who are white, but who aren't white-white. The biggest debate would be if Jewih people are white or white adjacent. Someone should start a thread on what groups are 'white adjacent'.

by Anonymousreply 5804/22/2013

The question is who recruited them and supplied them with the materials? Maybe some undercover NRA operative to make sure everyone is good and scared just when Congress is about to vote on sweeping new gun control laws. The brothers were interested in making money. And then, sadly, the older brother who was organizing things, was killed before he could be forced to reveal how they came to be planting bombs. And maybe even before they could collect their payoff.

Or not.

by Anonymousreply 5904/23/2013

The mother knew. The dead bomber called her to say everything is alright, all thanks to allah! (from nightline) after the bombing.

I also think it's the mother's fault! She's the one who told him to quit wrestling coz hitting people in the face was against their religion. She told him to be more religious. So he started to search online and got hooked into the extreme stuff.

She also thinks 9/11 is inside job. The dead bomber's wife is claiming to have no knowledge of this plot. c'mon, you husband putting bombs together and you didn't notice and they lived in a tiny apt, not a lot of places to hide shit.

They were poor! Where did they get the money to buy the materials?? someone else is involved, not just the 2 of them.

by Anonymousreply 6004/23/2013

The mother shoplifted from Lord & Taylor.

Also this is from the blog "I've met the Boston Bombers"

started getting facials from Zubeidat Tsarnaeva (pronounced Zu-bey-da) six years ago when I was 17 at a spa in the Boston area. She soon after left the spa and contacted my mom to have us start coming to her house, at 410 Norfolk St., right on the line of Cambridge and Somerville. All throughout my senior year of high school and four years of college I went to her house about three times a year. The last time I went to the house was in December and January of 2011/2012.

The first few years the third-floor apartment was often crowded with her two sons, now identified as the alleged Boston Bombers, and her two daughters, one of which was around my age. It was definitely not a glamorous place to get a facial, as the “spa” was set up in her living room, and during these years the family expanded. The staircase was crowded with their shoes, the house filled with noises of arguing, cooking, etc. She would often apologize for this. Her daughters and Dzhokar, the younger son, always struck me as perfectly nice and normal kids about my age. As far as I knew the daughters also attended Rindge (the local public high school) along with their brother. She gave a damn good facial, often working on my skin for two or three hours, and this is why my sister, mom and I continued to go back to her home for years.

During this time first one of Zubeidat’s daughters, and then the other, were set up in arranged marriages, and started having kids. This was something I found slightly disturbing, as one was just my age (18-19) and didn’t seem to be happily married. Within two years I heard that she had been beaten badly and eventually filed for divorce, which was at first against her mother’s wishes. Later Zubeidat said that she had accepted the divorce because it was an unhappy marriage. Her daughter then moved back into the house with her child. Her younger son, Dzhokar, was often in the room or the room next door looking after his nephew while I was getting my facial. There were usually issues with parking on her crowded Cambridge Street. Sometimes she would have Dzhokar go down to the street to put the visitor-parking pass into my car window (Yes, I gave him my car keys). Once he moved my car, which made me nervous, as the street was so crowded and parking spots so small. Dzhokar was always friendly to me and seemed easy going. In 2010-11, there was a day when Dzhokar wasn’t home, so Zubeidat took the parking pass out to the street for me. I noticed that she first put on a hijab before going outside. She had never worn a hijab while working at the spa previously, or inside the house, and I was really surprised.

Between 2008 and 2012 I got to know her pretty well. During those 2-3 hours I spent a lot of time asking her about her personal life, background and her family. (I’m a writer and tend to ask people exhaustive questions about their personal lives, especially as interesting a character as this.) The hijab shouldn’t have surprised me so much, because she had become increasingly religious while I was in college. She often mentioned Allah, and the lessons of the Koran. “Allah will reward him,” she said once about my brother, when I told her that my brother and mom were close, and that I thought my brother would take care of my mom later in life. She started to refuse to see boys that had gone through puberty, as she had consulted a religious figure and he had told her it was sacrilegious. She was often fasting. She told me that she had cried for days when her oldest son, Tamerlan, told her that he wanted to move out, going against her culture’s tradition of the son staying in the house with the mother until marriage. She started saying things like, “Don’t worry, there aren’t men in the house today,” when I asked if I could use the bathroom, which I thought was kind of funny at the time, since I didn’t mind if there were men in the apartment or not.

In my last year of college I was getting a facial from her, and asking her about why she had originally come to the United States with her family about eight or ten years previously. She told me that she and her husband had been lawyers and political activists in Russia. They had fled the country after “something that her husband did.” Her daughter had recently been divorced at this time, and her daughter’s ex-husband had taken their child to Russia, refusing to return him. Finally the child was returned. When my mom asked Zubeidat how they had gotten the child back, she told her that “my [Zubeidat’s] husband is crazy” and everyone knew it. When he threatened the daughter’s ex-husband’s family, they returned the child. During this facial session she started quoting a conspiracy theory, telling me that she thought 9-11 was purposefully created by the American government to make America hate Muslims. “It’s real,” she said, “My son knows all about it. You can read on the internet.” I have to say I felt kind of scared and vulnerable when she said this, as I am distinctly American, and was lying practically naked in her living room.

Throughout my years of knowing Zubeidat I certainly had more contact with her daughters, one of whom attended the Catherine Hinds Institute and aspired to open a spa, and Dzhokar, than with the older brother Tamerlan. Those three children were always friendly and kind to me. I think I only met Tamerlan twice, and he wasn’t friendly. Zubeidat certainly mentioned arguing with him, and being worried about him in general after he got his girlfriend pregnant. I never met Zubeidat’s husband. I know that a few years ago her husband got cancer, but she told us that the doctors had caught it early, and that he was doing well. She made one long trip to Russia in the period of 2011-2012.

While Zubeidat was very good at giving facials, I can say that her offensive political suggestions about 9-11 in part influenced my decision to not return to her home since January 2012. Those details aside, she struck me as a hard-working woman who cared a lot for her family. When my mom called me earlier today, telling me about how she had seen the picture of Dzhokar this morning and called the FBI, I couldn’t believe it. As her client for years I felt affection for Zubeidat and was very distraught to hear that her sons could have committed such horrific crimes. The actions of the two men have been atrocious beyond words. I wrote this story in order to help clarify some of the untruths I read online during the past few days, and I hope that any knowledge I have shared about the family can help investigators get to the bottom of these terrorist actions and not cause any further harm. Since writing the original article I have experienced enormous relief following the capture of Dzhokar. I continue to pray and think about the victims of the bombings and everyone in Boston.

by Anonymousreply 6104/23/2013

If people from the Caucasus aren't completely Caucasian, then who is? The Tsarnaeva are 100% Caucasoid. "Skin color amongst Caucasoids ranges greatly from pale, reddish-white, olive, through to dark brown tones."

by Anonymousreply 6204/23/2013

Op should feel like an idiot for such a stupid post.

by Anonymousreply 6304/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.