Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why are people excessively afraid of offending the Middle East?

Psy changed the title of his new song from assaravia to gentleman out of fear of offending the Middle East. My take on this is who the hell cares what they think; they aren't going to watch the video anyway, so how they feel is irrelevant.

And even if they did watch the video, so what? (Psy didn't think twice when he made that damaging statement about Americans.)

You didn't mean it to be offensive so he shouldn't worry about it. Honestly. It seems to me like a lot of people are intensely afraid of the Middle East for some reason. I have no idea why.

by Anonymousreply 2504/17/2013

What the fuck is a psy?

by Anonymousreply 104/17/2013

Maybe we feel like slaughtering their children is harsh enough?

by Anonymousreply 204/17/2013

I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 304/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 404/17/2013

Offending? Idiot, the United States started a fucking war in a country that did nothing to the United States, killing hundreds of thousands of people and you think the only thing that "offends" them is a song title?

Is it any wonder the world thinks Americans are morons when idiots like you exist?

by Anonymousreply 604/17/2013

And R5.

by Anonymousreply 704/17/2013

Dear OP,

You are epically stupid.

Sincerely, The World

by Anonymousreply 804/17/2013

Fuck tha Middle East

by Anonymousreply 904/17/2013

..... because they have a habit of cutting of heads.

by Anonymousreply 1004/17/2013

R6, it started long before that. Just FYI.

by Anonymousreply 1104/17/2013

Kpop has many, many Muslim fans.

I’m not kidding here, it’s a fact.

by Anonymousreply 1204/17/2013

I'm against both wars and US imperialism, but stuff like the pictures at the link don't make me think highly of the Middle East. (warning: graphic images)

by Anonymousreply 1304/17/2013

I'm always amazed at the gay men who will defend an ideology that believes they should be imprisoned or killed.

by Anonymousreply 1404/17/2013

I'm always amazed by people who engage in hyperbole and who think that thousands and thousands of gay men are being put to death every day in the Middle East. Grow up, princess.

Here's another shocking fact: Not every woman is wearing a burlap sack walking five feet behind a male relative.

by Anonymousreply 1504/17/2013

If you call a Mohammadian a Mohammadian it's offensive.

If you call a Christian a Christian it's not.

Funny Muslims don't worship Mohammed, they just worship a god that's like him in every single respect.

Convenient huh?

by Anonymousreply 1604/17/2013

Please forgive R6. He always forgets about other countries and their own history with the middle east.

by Anonymousreply 1704/17/2013

R15 is the type of person who, in his desperate attempt to prove how intelligent and worldly he is, only succeeds in displaying his own ignorance. Believe it or not, some of us actually care about human rights.

by Anonymousreply 1804/17/2013

My partner is a Muslim from Jordan. God, you should see the music videos that come out of the Middle East. Think Shakira times ten! Hell, belly dancing and hip-hop live over there. I've been to Muslim weddings where both men and women shake their asses for hours and hours.

So, sure, OP. You obviously know what you are talking about. Right.

by Anonymousreply 1904/17/2013

[quote]I'm always amazed at the gay men who will defend an ideology that believes they should be imprisoned or killed.

No one has done anything even remotely close to that here. There is no point in addressing anything you post as it all seems to be the product of a retarded brain.

by Anonymousreply 2004/17/2013

Do you have a passport to fantasy land, R15? Because you obviously know nothing about human rights in Muslim countries.

Please do share your list of Muslim countries where gays have any rights, starting with the right to exist.

by Anonymousreply 2104/17/2013

Because they go bonkers over a cartoon? And not just a few preachers calling for boycotts when someone disparages Jesus or the Dixie Chicks mouth off. Calling for death to people who draw cartoons.

by Anonymousreply 2204/17/2013

Muslims do not support gay relationships. I don't see that changing. But lets face it they have the world by the balls. All these big mouthed people who act all big and bad shut the fuck up when to comes to the middle east. They have everyone under their thumb. They probably sit back and laugh at how they make folks toe the line. It's strange but true. You gotta give them credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 2304/17/2013

True, R23, but all it would take is for whitey to stop being afraid of being called a racist or Islamophobe and it would be all over in countries like the UK. As a people they can't fight their way out of a paper bag. And I think the US should end the Iraq and Afghan occupations, but those fuckers killing Chaldeans and Copts with no real opposition from the West deserve a Crusade.

by Anonymousreply 2404/17/2013

If it weren't for that fucking oil...

by Anonymousreply 2504/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.