Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Maggie Thatcher funeral live online

If you want to watch it in case something interesting happens

The Thatcher children have placed a huge card that says "Beloved Mother - Always In our Hearts" on a stand fastened to the floral bouquet on top of the coffin.

First of all, way to copy off Princess Di's funeral, jerks.

Secondly, yeah she's so beloved neither of you bitches could even stand to be in the same country as her when she was at her end.

by Anonymousreply 4704/17/2013

LOL some guy with a sword to introduce the queen almost hit her with it when she and Philip were going in St. Paul's

by Anonymousreply 104/17/2013

cunt

by Anonymousreply 204/17/2013

Any nieces or nephews that might leave a card?

by Anonymousreply 304/17/2013

Live on BBC at link too.

Lovin' the pink faces and hats. HATS. Only the English take hats seriously. This is the tragedy of the world.

As we never had the funeral of Sound Of Music's baroness, this is the next best thing.

by Anonymousreply 404/17/2013

Did you clock Sir Mark Thatcher's second wife, the current Lady Thatcher in the pew? She's Viscountess Rothermere's sister, and totally Dynasty with fuck-you pearls.

by Anonymousreply 504/17/2013

Apparently the sword that almost hit Lilibet was something called a mourning sword.

Man the Brits are weird.

by Anonymousreply 604/17/2013

I do wish the Queen wouldn't wear asymmetrical hats. It makes her look like a battered old nanna.

by Anonymousreply 704/17/2013

LOLOLOLOL at George Osborne weeping.

Bitch was ancient and complete senile and he's weeping that she died?

by Anonymousreply 804/17/2013

Nothing like a cardinal in Schiaparelli Pink.

by Anonymousreply 904/17/2013

Fabulous mitre flip. What a bit of theatre.

by Anonymousreply 1104/17/2013

...Thatcher's economic miracle turned out to be a catastrophe, don't cry for her, cry for the damage she has done.

by Anonymousreply 1204/17/2013

They really make that hallway look super long. I feel bad for the Queen having to walk all that way from the front.

by Anonymousreply 1304/17/2013

oh shit this picture is even funnier.

Camerons are having the time of their lives and Osborne is pissed.

by Anonymousreply 1404/17/2013

In the photo at r10, what sort of lapels are on Cameron's and Osborne's jackets?

by Anonymousreply 1504/17/2013

She's gone where the goblins go!

by Anonymousreply 1604/17/2013

Is the unsmiling blonde woman Osborne's wife? They both look crazy.

by Anonymousreply 1704/17/2013

Yes it's his wife.

by Anonymousreply 1804/17/2013

JOAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1904/17/2013

Has Sarah, Duchess of York, ever looked pulled together? Something's always off.

by Anonymousreply 2004/17/2013

This funeral procession is a British tradition.In America we slashed our traditions to shreds because we are becoming ignorant clowns who know nothing about history and tradition and sadly don't care. The British women usually dress like major frumps ,and their hats are usually eyesores( always well dressed Kate Middleton is the exception) and not done well at all. However, I think their hats at this funeral were very were done and not crazy. Again, I don't like how frumpy the British women usually dress ,but I admire that they make the effort to dress up in hats, gloves, suites, and ties at funerals by showing respect to the dead.I reiterate, that is something we used to do in the Untied States ,but people sadly don't care anymore. I went to a funeral some months ago and people were wearing jeans, no ties, no sports coats,etc. I was thinking, can't you dress showing some respect to the dead for ONE DAY?

By the time I was a kid, hats and gloves were long gone, but there were some women wearing hats here and there at funeral services and at ,certain restaurants, and some events.Also,the men wore suits or sports coats at the same events.The men were handsome and the women looked sharp.

R10, I was thinking the same thing about Samantha Cameron's 80s tie blouse combo. Also, her strange Lady Diana hairdo and Diana hat.

by Anonymousreply 2104/17/2013

It was tasteful of the Daily Mail not to mention Mark Thatcher's criminal past in their bio.

by Anonymousreply 2204/17/2013

I am wearing red today. I was in the City earlier and it was practically empty.

I blame the death of a close friend from suicide 4 years ago directly on Thatcherite policies. She was mentally ill and the compassion-less cost-cutting of Thatcher's regime meant that "Care in the Community" left her directly affected.

I have lived in the UK since the early 90s and have seen first hand the results of the evil, cruel Thatcherite politics.

FUCK YOU, Margaret Thatcher. And FUCK YOU too, David Cameron. And the toadying BBC with its lying coverage.

by Anonymousreply 2304/17/2013

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed Her Maj doing that funny face after nearly getting hit with the mourning sword - I wanna Gif of that!

Most shamefully though, when I turned on our UK news (I'm in London) guess who were they interviewing? Only Michelle fucking Bachmann! And she was sounding as clueless as ever, especially about Thatcher's perception and popularity here in the UK.

Who was the other female US Representative n the floppy navy blue hat?

by Anonymousreply 2404/17/2013

[quote] Samantha Cameron's bizarre yamulke/80s tie blouse combo.

Actually, that look is very much back in fashion.

by Anonymousreply 2504/17/2013

R25, I forgot that look is back in fashion. I have heard that. actually, it is a classic timeless look.

by Anonymousreply 2604/17/2013

Good Grief! The woman is dead! some of you should give it a rest!

by Anonymousreply 2704/17/2013

Michael Thatcher's a bit of a hottie

by Anonymousreply 2804/17/2013

The Tories using the occasion as a political campaign for the Conservative Party should give it a rest, R27.

by Anonymousreply 2904/17/2013

R21 Yep, whenever any person here dies we line the streets of London, shell out for a £10,000,000 funeral and all the women get out their best mourning hats and gloves. A lot of what you see for events like this you probably have half the population who think it's incredibly old fashiioned and the other half who like it because it is. This isn't a funeral for most of these women, it's an 'event' and they want to be noticed/photographed. It's basically like Ascot if the horse was a bitch and they'd decided to spend a fortune burying it on the racecourse.

by Anonymousreply 3004/17/2013

[quote] Here's a pic of Osborne balling

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 3104/17/2013

Fuck you, OP

by Anonymousreply 3204/17/2013

Oh what a circus.

Oh what a show...

by Anonymousreply 3304/17/2013

[quote]First of all, way to copy off Princess Di's funeral, jerks.

Oh my.

Bless your heart, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3404/17/2013

Shirley Bassey is ready for her close up!-it looks like she was about to burst into song. Everyone must have fled to the nearest pub after the phony tears were wiped away for the witch.

by Anonymousreply 3504/17/2013

Here is how REAL Britons are addressing the funeral of the hated Maggie Thatcher in Goldthorpe, South Yorkshire.

by Anonymousreply 3604/17/2013

Did anyone see any coverage of Thatcher's funeral in the U.S. today on the nightly newscasts? Cause I didn't.

Once again why did they give this irrelevant woman the Churchill treatment?

by Anonymousreply 3704/17/2013

Someone should put together 'Go piss on her grave' travel packages. Likely to be quite lucrative.

by Anonymousreply 3804/17/2013

[quote]Beloved mother forever in our hearts

How very middle class

by Anonymousreply 3904/17/2013

photo from funeral

by Anonymousreply 4004/17/2013

Thought the etiquette books said it was "incorrect" for ladies to appear at a funeral wearing extreme ultra-trendy fashion/hats, only run-up in black. Some conservative looks here, but others...not so much.

by Anonymousreply 4104/17/2013

I remember when Thatcher's government were forced to back down from a plan to deny NHS coverage for kidney dialysis to people over a certain age (I think it was 70.)

by Anonymousreply 4204/17/2013

Michael Thatcher grandson on Maggie, with an American mother. He will take over the lifetime peer of the Thatcher baronetcy when his father dies. Here's a picture take years ago when he played football for an American college.

by Anonymousreply 4304/17/2013

"Here's a pic of Osborne balling ..."

(*titter*)

by Anonymousreply 4404/17/2013

Whatever Michael's hotness, it takes a toll considering this:

[quote]Like his great-grandfather Alfred Roberts before him, Mr Thatcher works long shifts while serving as a committed Christian and conservative in his free time.

[quote]A proud supporter of his grandmother’s legacy, Mr Thatcher recently worked for a Republican-aligned political group that aims to “educate and empower the Hispanic community with conservative values”

by Anonymousreply 4504/17/2013

Press THAT in your book of memories.

by Anonymousreply 4604/17/2013

To the person who wanted a gif of the Queen getting almost hit by the sword, this Daily Mail story has a link to the video.

by Anonymousreply 4704/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.