Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bradley Cooper - "I still live with my MOMMY!"

"The best way I can answer that is to say we're surviving. Both of us," says Cooper, 38. "Let's face it: It's probably not easy for her, by the way, to be living with her son. It's life. And right now, two years after my father's death, this is where we are. My family is very close, and my dad dying was brutal for all of us. It was a schism, and its aftershock has not stopped. And we need each other. So here we are. But don't get me wrong. It's not without complications. It's not like I live in a compound and she's in the guesthouse. No. She's in the next room. But here's the thing: She's a cool chick. We can hang, and she can roll with the punches. If that wasn't the case, there's no way."

by Anonymousreply 14202/18/2015

I hear Jennifer Esposito also rolled with the punches.

by Anonymousreply 104/16/2013

I can bring up post after post after post of guys here at DL who slams guys who still live with their parents.

by Anonymousreply 204/16/2013

He would fight right in on DL!

by Anonymousreply 304/16/2013

Well he's certainly not romanticising it. He's being a good gay son taking care of his recently widowed mother.

by Anonymousreply 404/16/2013

This is all about us wanting to be his boyfriend, right?

by Anonymousreply 504/16/2013

Yes but R4 there are posters here who say there is NO good reason for someone who is 38 years old and still living with a parent. And slam anyone who does.

But when Bradley Cooper does it, it is okay, as judging by the poll so far.

So who is being the flip flopper?

by Anonymousreply 604/16/2013

OP, so if you were a wealthy movie star and your mom was just widowed, you WOULDN'T let her move into your mansion, right?

Somebody's mommy regrets not getting that abortion.

by Anonymousreply 704/16/2013

R7 read R6

Again a majority of Dlers said they would never date a person who still lived with a parent. And say it is unnatural.

I can bring up post after post of guys on DL saying this.

Yet it is okay for Bradley Cooper to do it.

by Anonymousreply 804/16/2013

Not normal.

by Anonymousreply 904/16/2013

Cooper is a hors catégorie, he's with his mother after his father passed. In certain circumstances it is fine - for a bit. But did the Coop always live with mom? I'm sure before the father died he didn't.

That said, I think you shouldn't be living with parents past the age of 30, unless as a carer. Many people in their 20s stay with their parents because of financial restrictions and just treat their home like a hotel. There comes a time when that must stop.

by Anonymousreply 1004/16/2013

R10 the father passed away in 2011.It is 2013. So it has been two years. Is that too long?

by Anonymousreply 1104/16/2013

I think it can be beneficial. Old-fashioned, especially, if mom gets to take the liberty in fixing up other mothers's sons with her nice son, Bradley. I think it would make a great, gay film -- about trying to find the right guy; courtesy of the assistant of a unlikely but wiser, experienced ally -- which would be made available on both Blu-ray and DVD at

by Anonymousreply 1204/16/2013

I moved in with my dad after my mom died. Years later he said me doing that probably saved his life.

by Anonymousreply 1304/16/2013

She's a cool chick! She's killer at windexing the Liam Neeson stains right off that sling in the basement.

by Anonymousreply 1404/16/2013

R8 There's a difference. Bradley Cooper lived away from his mother since he left for college until about 2 years ago.

People have issues with the ones that never left the nest.

by Anonymousreply 1504/16/2013

R13 that was so great of you. And when someone's partner dies, especially in old age, it's common for them to quickly follow them.

R11 I dunno, in the context of what he's saying with them being a strong family unit it makes sense.

Also, isn't she living with him rather than the other way round which is what we're talking about and what is looked down upon here and elsewhere. "Your mother's basement" etc.

by Anonymousreply 1604/16/2013

Everyone's situation is different.

When I was 31, I lost my job. I was $6,000 in debt, had no savings and my NYC rent was $1500 a month. I could have stayed in my apartment another couple of months but go further into debt. I could have given up my apartment and rented a room someplace and barely maybe just scrape by on unemployment while I looked for a job. Or move back home to suburbia with my parents while I looked for a job. Two months later I found a great job, but stayed at home for three years. I paid off my debt, built up a nice savings account, invested well and came up with a 20% down payment on an apartment. It was kind of nice living with my parents as an adult, and I am grateful I had that opportunity. If I hadn't, I think I'd still be struggling with debt.

Obviously not the same situation as Bradley Cooper and his mom, but if it works for them that's all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 1704/16/2013

How would you feel about him if he left his mommy out in the cold? What if he told her,

[quote]"Tough shit, Mommy! You're on your own, Mommy! It's bad for my Hollywood image!"

Well, that's what he said at first.

by Anonymousreply 1804/16/2013

IF he is telling the truth that his mom and he live together because of his fathers death then I don't see anything wrong with it. I think that is an exception to the living with your parents rule. I think it can help both parent and child a lot after a loss like that....

But has he claimed to have been living with her continually for this whole time? He seems to have been continuously filming over the last couple of years. Does he bring her with him? Does he just show up for a weekend here and there to take her out to lunch and drop off his dirty laundry with her?

Like other posters I lived with my mother after my dad died because she was completely devastated by his death. I was lucky to be able to do this for her, as well as myself, but at times it was almost a full-time job. So if he's got her living with him, but he's gone all the time I don't see how he can claim he's doing this for her.

by Anonymousreply 1904/16/2013

Well the next time a poster gets flamed at DL for living or moving back in with their folks, I'll bring this post up.

by Anonymousreply 2004/16/2013

Good point R19. I think he's full of shit about doing this to help him and his mom. It's just something else that he is using to keep his name in the news.

I know that a lot of what we see of him is probably his public persona but he needs to work on it. I can't put my finger on why, but he's coming across really creepy over the last year.

by Anonymousreply 2104/16/2013

R21 Seriously? You think he's lived with his mom for the past 2 years for publicity?

I don't know why this is even news because I've seen him mention it a few times before.

by Anonymousreply 2204/16/2013

R22 do you have a link when he mentioned it before?

by Anonymousreply 2304/16/2013

[quote] Seriously? You think he's lived with his mom for the past 2 years for publicity?

Maybe it is a beard thing?

by Anonymousreply 2404/16/2013

R21, Bradley Cooper is one of the biggest movie stars in the world right now. I doubt he needs to pull Lohan or Kardishian style PR stunts to get his name in the news.

by Anonymousreply 2504/16/2013

His mother is a character. She is smothery, loves to get dressed up and go to all the "doings." She makes his premieres, and she went to the awards events with him. She loves the celebrity lifestyle. She's a character, and she's a little off.

Fine. Nothing wrong with taking a widowed parent into your home. But Bradley has other siblings, doesn't he? Bradley's very wealthy too. He can easily afford guest quarters for Mom, and he can afford to hire a "companion" for her, someone who functions as an assistant driving her places going out with her, etc.

Instead, he tells us she is "right next door". So, IMO I think he's got mom in the house as a shield. A cockblocker. No wonder close friends with Leo, and he's "dating" some 20 year old named Suki, for shit's sake.Sorry, but even Ray Charles can see thru this. A lot of us are close to our parents or have lived with them or they with us. But this is different. He goes a lot further. He has her all up in his business.

by Anonymousreply 2604/16/2013

I would've been more accepting had he said she lived IN the guesthouse instead of in the next room. It's just like all of the eligible bachelors who bring their mother's to awards shows because they just haven't met the right woman yet.

by Anonymousreply 2704/16/2013

To be honest, it doesn't seem like he's home all that much considering he's been filming almost non-stop for the past two years. His mom probably hangs at his house and LA and doesn't come with him on location.

by Anonymousreply 2804/16/2013

Reading Rob Lowe's book at the height of his career he bought a house for his family to live in. But he made sure there was a guesthouse that he would live in.

by Anonymousreply 2904/16/2013

Every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie. He says he's straight, LIE! He probably doesn't even have a mother. Can't stand his ugly, talentless ass.

by Anonymousreply 3004/16/2013

Jamie Foxx mentioned at the MTV awards the other night that his entire family lives at his house. These people are richer than God and want to provide for their families. I think it's nice.

by Anonymousreply 3104/16/2013

The question is R31 would you date someone who was financially secure, but still lived with their parents. That is contributing to the household?

by Anonymousreply 3204/16/2013

nothing wrong with it, take care of your parents if you have the financial means to do so

by Anonymousreply 3304/16/2013

So R31 / R33 you would date someone financially secure, still living with parents that is contributing to the household?

by Anonymousreply 3404/16/2013

Yeah, big fat rich movie stars who don't take care of their family, at the very least, deserve to rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 3504/16/2013

I think it would be awkward getting fucked while his mom is trying to sleep in the next room.

by Anonymousreply 3604/16/2013

r34 -

of course I would, more likely to do that then date someone who is living well off while their mother (or father) was just barely surviving

by Anonymousreply 3704/16/2013

That is good to know that you have an open mind R37

by Anonymousreply 3804/16/2013

Who the fuck is Bradley Cooper? I googled him and he's butt-ugly.

by Anonymousreply 3904/16/2013

R35 Exactly. It's far more upsetting to hear about these rich stars with siblings or parents that live on the streets.

by Anonymousreply 4004/16/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 4104/16/2013

I have no idea if Cooper, Gosling, or DiCaprio are gay but it's not accurate that only gay sons would have this type of relationship with their moms.

by Anonymousreply 4204/16/2013

Basically he is taking care of his mother. There is nothing wrong with it at all- particularly if they get along OK. Obviously he is wealthy. In fact, in the past, parents, if they survived long enough, were almost always taken care of by their children as they grew old. Parents remaining appart from their children, in old age and in nursing homes etc is really a modern occurance, post WW2. I think in many ways- it is much much nicer for parents to be with their children at the end of life. And in those times the children did not view it as a burden.

by Anonymousreply 4304/16/2013

I'm 71 and I'm living half of each month with my Mom since my dad died last Sept 27. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks. Mom raised six kids and to end up alone after 73 years of marriage is out of the question. Believe me, there are no money limits that dictate our actions, it's simply the right thing to do and no one objects in the least. Too often old and the very old become more removed from daily life and that's not going to happen to my Mother or me for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 4404/16/2013

Why doesn't he just put her up in a senior living community like the rest of us do?

by Anonymousreply 4504/16/2013

R44 how do you handle dating?

by Anonymousreply 4604/16/2013

Why are the gays always with their mothers? You would think they would hang with their fathers. That's what I do. He's much hotter than my mother.

by Anonymousreply 4704/16/2013

I'm guessing they're very physically close (cuddling, snuggling, etc.) since he could offer any other type of support from offsite.

I wonder how healthy that is for either of them over the long term. Eventually one of them is going to want an SO, right? And imagine how devastated the other will be when they are "rejected," especially the mother. "Your father died on me and now you're abandoning me too!" Ugh, mama drama.

Unless they have "that" sort of relationship in which mama only has eyes for junior.

Only in Hollyweird.

by Anonymousreply 4804/16/2013

R48 you wouldn't let your widowed parent move in with you?

by Anonymousreply 4904/16/2013

His mom kinda looks like Jacki Weaver, I assumed that was who he was sitting with at first.

by Anonymousreply 5004/16/2013

R44 I did it too. We stayed together until the end. Not like it kept me from finding the right girl and settling down to raise grandkids. I didn't care what anybody thought. We were best friends.

by Anonymousreply 5104/16/2013

[quote]Again a majority of Dlers said they would never date a person who still lived with a parent.

He does not "live with his mother".. She lives with him.

Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 5204/16/2013

Let's face it...when you're rich and famous the rulebook and cultural expectations get thrown out the window.

After all, didn't most the adult children in Dallas and Dynasty still live at home?

by Anonymousreply 5304/16/2013

Goes to show that Bradley cares about his family...very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 5404/16/2013

Ryan Gosling had said that he takes care of his mom.

by Anonymousreply 5504/16/2013

"A boy's best friend is his mother"

by Anonymousreply 5604/16/2013

So R54 could you date someone who had his mom live with him?

by Anonymousreply 5704/16/2013

R57, if it was the same situation - yes. The fact that a man cares that much about his family would mean a lot to me.

On the other hand, if the guy was a bum, and was living off his parents - NO.

by Anonymousreply 5804/16/2013

[quote]So [R54] could you date someone who had his mom live with him?

If its Bradley Cooper, YES!

by Anonymousreply 5904/16/2013

r46 I don't date anymore, not because of age, but I had a prostatectomy and that kind of physical alteration makes dating more complicated than I care to handle. I still have friends over and dinners with friends. Heck my mother (92) still hops in her car to do the things she's used to doing; hair, groceries and banking etc. No complications at all.

by Anonymousreply 6004/16/2013

I wish my son still lived with me. I sometimes fantasize about it.

by Anonymousreply 6104/16/2013

I didn't really care much for Bradley Cooper, but after reading that, damn! I now want him inside me.

by Anonymousreply 6204/16/2013

What R62 said

by Anonymousreply 6304/16/2013

It goes to show that Bradley would make a good husband. Bradley, please marry me!

by Anonymousreply 6404/16/2013

Look. Bradleyt Cooper isn't the only successful celebrity who has family living with hi. That isn't the point of criticism, IMO. Google photos of "Bradley Cooper's mother. yes, there's a slight resemblance to Jackie Weaver. She's short. But she dresses like a 35 yr old girl. And not in a good way.

Then he makes a point in the interview, of not only saying she lives with him, but that she is right next door. When they go out together they look like a couple. I'm sorry. This is not the norm.

by Anonymousreply 6504/16/2013

Right in the next bedroom = unhealthy relationship right there.

He's wealthy, she could be on another floor (the first one for instance) and that would be better.

by Anonymousreply 6604/16/2013

R44, I say this with love, but you're 71. Totally different than a 37 year old living with their folks. Shit, being 71 and having living parents is pretty amazing in its own right!

That said, I think it's great that Cooper has done this. Only an idiot wouldn't date someone who was caring for a grieving parent.

by Anonymousreply 6704/16/2013

She looks like she's had work done, too. And she has a very sexy "messy" blonde coiffure.

by Anonymousreply 6804/16/2013

I swear, a lot of you twats will juet revel in bitching about anything.

by Anonymousreply 7004/16/2013

Truth is all of DL is in love with Bradley C.

by Anonymousreply 7104/16/2013

[quote] It's not healthy to live with your parents when you're an adult unless there's a REALLY good reason for it

Why thank you, o wise one at R69! Your blanket thinking really covers every conceivable base! Please bless us with your knowledge more often!

by Anonymousreply 7204/16/2013

R44, you are a sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 7304/16/2013

Mother Cooper could have health issues of her own. Maybe Bradley wants to make sure he's closeby in case she needs assistance in the middle of the nught.

by Anonymousreply 7404/16/2013

99.9 percent of sons who have this type of relationship with their mother are gay.

R74, you are delusional and nuts.

Millions of older mothers get divorced under sad or unfortunate or unhappy situations and their sons do not move in with them.

Death of the father (instead of unhappy divorce) is just an excuse.

Older women can adjust to living alone whether the aloneness is brought on by divorce or by the death of the husband.

by Anonymousreply 7504/16/2013

But.... can Bradley Cooper live with his mother if he is 'dating' model Suki Waterhouse???

by Anonymousreply 7604/16/2013

Bradley Cooper's fresh-faced new girlfriend Suki Waterhouse, 20, looks younger than ever on romantic trip to Paris

The fresh-faced British model went without cosmetics, making the 18-year age gap more obvious than ever.

Monx Dieux - He is old enough to be her father....

by Anonymousreply 7704/16/2013

I think it's admirable that he supports his mother in her grief, but living with your mother is perfect cover for being a homosexual. Same with having a European girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 7804/16/2013

Bradley looks old for his age, I couldn't believe he was only a year older than me when The Hangover came out. He did look great in that though with the stubble, that's a good look for him. Otherwise I never thought he was all that.

The Justin Bartha character was mostly mute in the first film for whatever reason, but I see him in the new trailer.

by Anonymousreply 7904/16/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 8004/16/2013

I'm not really sure how this equals coming out. Is it easier to date a man with his mom around or something? I'm just not getting the logic.

Also, he has stated in interviews for the past two years that his mom lives with him so I'm not sure why this is some big revelation.

by Anonymousreply 8104/16/2013

His mother loves the attention he gives her. It's obvious in all the photos I googled. They do a lot together besides walk red carpets. As I said before, Bradley Cooper isn't an only child. He has a sister. I doubt her life is as glamorous or exciting, so Mom's living not only with him, but thru him.

He could have her set up in his house, or on the grounds, in an apartment of her own, but she's next door. To me yes it says Gay. If he were dating a guy, it would be fine with her. She'd get twice as much attention.With another woman around she'd feel competitive for Bradley's attention.

by Anonymousreply 8204/16/2013

Bradley is as straight as an arrow

by Anonymousreply 8304/16/2013

It's probably not a big deal for his mom to live with him because I doubt he's ever home. He's been on location doing movies back to back since his dad died.

If I wasn't ever home, I'd let my parents move in too.

by Anonymousreply 8404/16/2013

It's cultural too - most Bollywood stars (men and women) live with their families, including grandparents, parents, siblings and so on. Given that housing is insanely expensive in Mumbai, only the richest superstars (Shahrukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan) can afford huge houses. What the rest do is buy and renovate numerous flats in swanky buildings. They also buy other flats away from their families to hold meetings and script readings etc (and to fuck in!) The tabloids have a field day when a star is "caught" coming out of another star's "office" at an unseemly hour...

by Anonymousreply 8504/16/2013

I don't see anything wrong with living with your parents are grandparents, in an estate or guest house is fine but RIGHT NEXT DOOR is not OK. I mean, what kind of house does he live in? ranch house? multi-level? at least have her on a different floor, c'mon!

No privacy!

by Anonymousreply 8604/16/2013

[quote]Why are the gays always with their mothers?

I have a feeling that Bradley Cooper would rather be with his mother right now instead of being alongside his father. Funny how that works out, R47, when the father is 6-feet under.

by Anonymousreply 8704/17/2013

R47, because gay men often have a very close relationship with their mother to an unorthodox degree.

Many gay men relate very closely to their mother and identify with her and her femaleness.

by Anonymousreply 8804/17/2013

I've always knew he lived with his mom but didn't know why. I find it kind that he would help his mother during this hard time. IDK about the theory of him being gay because he have a good relationship with his mom. that's ignorant I know SEVERAL heterosexual males with close relationships with their mothers. Saying that is implying straight men hate their moms and that's not true. Its obvious Bradley have daddy issues and is trying to make up lose times with Robert de niro. also he stated in the article about wanting kids. idk how that going to happen with mom ext door tho?

by Anonymousreply 8904/17/2013

R89 I agree with you about the idea of being close to your mom makes you gay. That's ignorant as fuck. My straight brothers get are a lot closer to my mother than me.

I'm not sure BC has daddy issues though. I've seen him speak quite glowingly about his father in many interviews. I think he's just close with his family in general.

by Anonymousreply 9004/17/2013

Italians don't have this problem.

by Anonymousreply 9104/17/2013

Bradley Cooper's mother is Italian. His father was Irish. I read that somewhere. I know enough Italians to say that it's customary for widowed mothers to live with their daughters.

I don't think anyone would really criticize Bradley for taking care of his mother, even having her come and live in his house. O'm certainly wouldn't. But sleeping in the room right next door, and going out together, traveling together, etc. which he has done, is not the norm for most single men.

by Anonymousreply 9204/17/2013

Someone needs to tell this creepy thang what the word "schism" means.

by Anonymousreply 9304/17/2013

75% of guys polled so far say it is okay he still lives with his mom.

Next time someone on DL gets flamed for living with parents, I'll link to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 9404/17/2013

His mom is also Italian American. So, there's that. I think it's sweet. I would've done it too if I had the means.

by Anonymousreply 9504/17/2013

R95 and what about dating if you were in that situation?

by Anonymousreply 9604/17/2013

[quote] Only an idiot wouldn't date someone who was caring for a grieving parent.

Then there must be a lot more gay idiots out there than we realize.

by Anonymousreply 9704/17/2013

[quote]Someone needs to tell this creepy thang what the word "schism" means.

Yes that bothered me. He was doing well but that word is totally out of place. Stop trying to sound smart, Bradders.. if you wanna do that just talk French.

by Anonymousreply 9804/17/2013

"75% of guys polled so far say it is okay he still lives with his mom.

Next time someone on DL gets flamed for living with parents, I'll link to this thread."

They're saying it's ok for BRADLEY COOPER to live with his mommy, not the general population.

Most adult males who live with their mums aren't rich movie stars; they're average people with serious psychological problems. So "link to this thread" all you want, but it's a meaningless thing to do. Bradley Cooper has nothing to do with with the ordinary Joe who for some reason cannot live without his mommy.

by Anonymousreply 9904/17/2013

He's 40...that's the age when the parents start moving back to live with the kids. It's not that HE lives with his mom, it's that his mom lives with HIM. Letting your senior parents live with you is the respectable, dutiful thing to do. I'm sure he's glad he worked his ass of so he can give her a nice place to live out the rest of her years.

by Anonymousreply 10004/17/2013

I think he's Bi.

by Anonymousreply 10104/17/2013

I don't see what the big deal is. His mom moved in with HIM, following her husband's death. That's WAY different than "still living with your parents" at a certain age. The implication in that, which is a turn-off, is that the person is a loser, who can't get it together emotionally or financially to go out on their own. That's clearly not Cooper's issue.

by Anonymousreply 10204/17/2013

Is she living with him or has he moved into his childhood home?

by Anonymousreply 10304/17/2013

It doesn't matter whether he lives with her or she lives with him. They live TOGETHER, a mother and an adult son. It is kind of strange.

by Anonymousreply 10404/17/2013

he talked about it on Howard that point he had a house in LA and then he returned to his parents house in Philly a lot as his east coast base. He is on location most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 10504/17/2013

R105 Yeah his house is in LA but they still own the house in Philly IIRC.

I don't see the big deal. Lots of people move in their elderly parents after a death.

by Anonymousreply 10604/17/2013

It seems like living in Philly would not be very handy for him. He must be a sweetheart. I really like him now.

by Anonymousreply 10704/17/2013

It was mentioned earlier that his Mother has dementia. He is spending time with her before she is locked away in her own thoughts. It isn't easy as a child to watch your parent slip away.

by Anonymousreply 10804/17/2013

i think his sister still leaves in Philly

by Anonymousreply 10904/17/2013

Anyone see the photos all over Yahoo of Bradley Cooper posing at the hospital beds with the bombing victims in Boston? The ones I saw the poor guy had both legs blown off or at least one leg, and he looked heavily sedated next to Cooper who had this really huge grin, like a fucking clown.

Can you imagine having your leg blown off and waking up to Bradley Cooper posing for a photo op at your bedside? That was truly gross. I would fire my publicist. He & Christian Bale were in town making a movie. Christian did not visit hospitals. Of course, Bradley was also at the church service. Got a photo there, too.

by Anonymousreply 11004/21/2013

Creepy mama boy. Time to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 11104/21/2013

Nope. Adults living with their parents has always been a dealbreaker and it will always be a dealbreaker.

If you have your mom stay with you for a few months after your father dies, that's one thing. Making it permanent or dragging it out for years is a huge red flag that something is fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 11204/21/2013

So are we supposed to feel sorry for Bradley C because he will never have the opportunity to "date" you???? Somehow I think he will get past the heartbreak.

by Anonymousreply 11305/05/2013

with his wealth he can afford to pay for his mom to live elsewhere

i think its weird that they are living together.

by Anonymousreply 11405/05/2013

Do they still live together? Anybody knows?

by Anonymousreply 11502/17/2015

Remember when actors were cool? Me neither

by Anonymousreply 11602/17/2015

So was he engaged to Renee Zellweger? Anyone else? I can never remember these things.

And why wouldn't he just buy his mom her own house nearby?

by Anonymousreply 11702/17/2015

My bf's 87 year old mother recently had a heart attack. Other than that, she's in excellent physical and mental health and no one would guess she is as old as she is. She will not consider going into an assisted living facility, nor does she need one. She also doesn't want (or IMO, need) a home health care aid at this point. He is thinking about moving in with her so that her life doesn't have to change too much and frankly, he's a nervous wreck about her being home alone. I think it's very sweet of him. Not sure how much it will impact our relationship though.

by Anonymousreply 11802/17/2015

by Anonymousreply 11902/17/2015

I'd imagine Bradley Cooper has a very substantial "house." so having Mom move in after his gather died is not like they have to hare a bathroom. I'd guess she has her own apartment and probably a "housekeeper/driver to help her manage.

I've seen pictures of her and she seems very vivacious and now that he's a BIG STAR she will never let go of him. She seems to love the lifestyle he affords her. She was comfortable middle class before he became famous. Now she's "go fuck yourself" rich. I doubt she cares what we think and she certainly doesn't care about how it looks to outsiders..

by Anonymousreply 12002/17/2015

My Mom was told in her youth that a man who is good to his mother will be good to his wife. True story.

by Anonymousreply 12102/17/2015

Does he also fuck her?

by Anonymousreply 12202/17/2015

Awwww Bradley... that is very sweet of him.

by Anonymousreply 12302/17/2015

It's not like Bradley is living with Mother in a two-bedroom apartment. I'm sure his house is sprawling enough that they don't even need to see each other unless they want to. Separate entrances, different floors, etc..

by Anonymousreply 12402/17/2015

[quote]I'd imagine Bradley Cooper has a very substantial "house." so having Mom move in after his gather died is not like they have to hare a bathroom. I'd guess she has her own apartment and probably a "housekeeper/driver to help her manage.

B.C. explained: "It's not like I live in a compound and she's in the guesthouse. No. She's in the next room."

[quote]It's not like Bradley is living with Mother in a two-bedroom apartment. I'm sure his house is sprawling enough that they don't even need to see each other unless they want to. Separate entrances, different floors, etc..

B.C. explained: "It's not like I live in a compound and she's in the guesthouse. No. She's in the next room."

by Anonymousreply 12502/17/2015

Good. For. Him.

by Anonymousreply 12602/17/2015

Yet R126 wouldn't date someone who lived with their mother.

by Anonymousreply 12702/17/2015

His poor beard is not getting her money's worth out of this when he takes his mom to all of the great PR events. Don't you know she is pissed?

by Anonymousreply 12802/17/2015

I was in a first date with a with a wonderful chap. We took a ride to the country, and since we "wound-up" in the area, we stopped in to meet his folks. I though that was a little much, especially since I was probably 10 years older than my 30ish friend. I might have gotten past the age difference eventually, but I felt a bit pervy when I met his Dad.

by Anonymousreply 12902/17/2015

I lost my mother last year. Two years ago the thought of living with her was a nightmare scenario -- only if my whole life came crashing down. I thought you'd have to be a loser to live at home with mom.

But now that she's gone I can't begrudge anyone wanting to live with their mother. As long as they're taking care of her and not living off her pension/social security.

by Anonymousreply 13002/17/2015

What's wrong with having his mother live with him? I think it's sweet.

Nothing wrong with a mama's boy. Just because most of you can't stomach to be a decent son, doesn't mean others are like you.

It doesn't matter if it's a dealbreaker for most of you guys here, its not like he's gonna date you. Delusional much.

by Anonymousreply 13102/17/2015

I'm sure Bradley is not home that much anyway. I lived with my parents in my late 20s to save money and it made dating embarrassing. I would go on a date with a professional man and couldn't have him over to my place. I felt juvenile and 'weak'. I did go to dinner a young guy once and he lived at home too. We had a good laugh when we realised we had nowhere to go. It was like being high schoolers.

I see why people think it's a good idea after a death but unless the parent is in bad health I think there's a danger that it might prevent them from grieving properly and moving on with their life. My dad died suddenly in bed beside my mom. The following night my sister offered to sleep with her, we suggested the spare room but she went in and slept in that bed. She says it was the hardest thing she ever had to do but she knew avoiding it would make it even more difficult.

by Anonymousreply 13202/17/2015

Both Bradley and Leo use their mothers as shields against intimate relationships with the girls they "date." There's a difference between fucking and intimacy. I will say this. Everything about their behavior screams closeted gay man.

by Anonymousreply 13302/17/2015

I don't know. Sometimes you just wanna smoke a bowl, get naked, and lie on the kitchen floor while staring at the ceiling for an hour.

by Anonymousreply 13402/17/2015

A guy still living with his mom is an absolute no no for any relationship that is more than casual. These people are not grown ups, they are immature spoiled brats. Never would get involved with somebody like that.

Mel Gibson's problems stem from him never disassociating himself from his dad's weirdo Christian fanatical believes.

by Anonymousreply 13502/17/2015

So the moral of this story is all gay men need to toss their parents in a retirement home

by Anonymousreply 13602/17/2015

Wow, so many jealous bitches.

by Anonymousreply 13702/17/2015

[quote]I don't know. Sometimes you just wanna smoke a bowl, get naked, and lie on the kitchen floor while staring at the ceiling for an hour.

LOL, exactly!

by Anonymousreply 13802/17/2015

A boy's best friend is his mother.

by Anonymousreply 13902/17/2015

R132, I think it's bizarre that your sister slept in the same bed with your mother.

Was it for more than one night?

Even one night is bizarre and inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 14002/17/2015

LOL R139.

by Anonymousreply 14102/17/2015

OMFG this dude just keeps getting lamer and lamer. No wonder the dudebro gamers would go gay for his crooked faced visage.

And this:"So I hope it's part of my journey."

Add pretentious to the list.

by Anonymousreply 14202/18/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!