Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oh this could get good...

[bold]Westboro Baptist Church Hails Boston Marathon Explosion, Plans To Picket Funerals[/bold]

The members of the notorious Westboro Baptist Church, perhaps the most hated group in America, are publicly celebrating the Boston Marathon Explosion and already have plans to protest the funerals of the people who died in the bombings.

While the Internet was flooded with love, support and compassion, the WBC took the opportunity to spread their main, and practically only, message of hate.

The Westboro Baptist Church, based in Topeka, Kan., is a small, homophobic, anti-Semitic, toxic group that most would consider anything but religious. It consists largely of Fred Phelps and his family.

These are the same people who believe God killed the children at Sandy Hook because He was enraged over gay marriage.

In one of its numerous Twitter posts the cult wrote, “BREAKING: Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of those dead by Boston Bombs! GOD SENT THE BOMBS IN FURY OVER F*G MARRIAGE! #PraiseGod.”

Margie Phelps, daughter of church founder and leader Fred Phelps, tweeted Monday that the bombing was punishment for gay marriage. “God doesn’t hear the prayers of proud pushers of #SSM (same-sex marriage).”

“You marry f*gs, God sends mayhem,” she added.

The Westboro Baptist Church has its own Twitter account and used their platform to request Boston change its name.

“WBC is starting campaign to re-name F*g-infested Boston to Magormissabib, meaning ‘terror all around.’ Jer20:3 #ThankGod4TheTerrorOfTheLord,” the tweet said.

Another one of the church’s tweets read, “God sent the Boston Marathon Bombs for the sin of Massachusetts passing same-sex marriage!”

Two bombs went off in Boston around 2:50 p.m. at the finish line. Another two bombs were found along the running route but did not detonate. No one has taken responsibility, but the Obama administration is calling the explosion on Monday an “act of terror.”

CNN reported there are three dead and more than 140 injured, with 17 in critical condition. Many of the patients will require “serial operations” in the following days to help heal their wounds.

by Anonymousreply 2304/17/2013

Could be the Phelpses' bombs?

by Anonymousreply 104/16/2013

Why doesn't some psycho looking to blow some steam off just kill all of them? He'd be a folk hero.

by Anonymousreply 204/16/2013

The Phelps family is all talk, R1, and only about their right to spout off. They wouldn't have the balls to do anything that could actually get them arrested and thrown in jail. My question, though, is why Twitter allows them to post their shit.

by Anonymousreply 304/16/2013

They just do this for attention. Why must we continue giving it to them.

by Anonymousreply 404/16/2013

They're too cartoonish to be taken seriously, and really just make homophobes look bad with their extremism.

by Anonymousreply 504/16/2013

They want people to strike back. That way they can sue, thus the source of their income.

by Anonymousreply 604/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 704/16/2013

It's like the Phelpses don't even try to be selective when it comes to their outrage any more. It's just "if there's a tragedy, we'll be there".

by Anonymousreply 904/16/2013

The scum-sucking cowards don't even bother to try and protest anything these days, they just say they're going to and that whips the media into a frenzy. They haven't actually shown up anywhere for some time now.

Can you say they've learned how to manipulate the media?

by Anonymousreply 1004/16/2013

For one day I will rescind my objection to the use of assault weapons.

by Anonymousreply 1104/16/2013

I wish they would focus on eating shellfish and wearing mixed fibers too.

by Anonymousreply 1204/16/2013

They're all lawyers. They know exactly how far they can go. But that doesn't mean someone can embarrass them by holding up other signs in front of them, like I've seen people do. Although doing nothing is probably best. I did like how they opened up angels in front of the Phelps pickets at Matthew Shepherd's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 1304/16/2013

Didn't a former member of the WBC make a documentary about leaving the hate group? I thought I heard something about it and wanted to see it.

by Anonymousreply 1404/16/2013

[quote]They just do this for attention. Why must we continue giving it to them.

Exactly, r4. But the 24/7 blog sites need "outrageous" in the headlines for hits.

Ignore them. They'd probably implode or kill each other with hammers.

by Anonymousreply 1504/16/2013

If they show up at the little boy's funeral in Dorchester there is a very real possibility they will be beaten to death.

by Anonymousreply 1604/16/2013

[quote]They're too cartoonish to be taken seriously, and really just make homophobes look bad with their extremism.

Exactly. I don't understand why more people who are upset with them don't get this. They are an ASSET for gay causes. We couldn't buy better publicity. They make anti-gay people look like idiots.

by Anonymousreply 1704/16/2013

This is one time I wish Mark Whalberg would show up.

by Anonymousreply 1804/16/2013

Every year they picket graduation at Kansas State University - it has turned into a very successful fundraising opportunity for the local Human Rights Commission.

by Anonymousreply 1904/16/2013

...but I would gladly give up the fundraiser if they will picket the 8-year old boys' funeral - now that might be worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 2004/16/2013

anonymous has hacked their facebook page!

by Anonymousreply 2104/16/2013

I no longer blame them, I blame the media for reporting about them.

by Anonymousreply 2204/17/2013

What r22 said.

by Anonymousreply 2304/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!