Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Domestic Terrorist or Foreign Terrorist?

Take the poll.

by Anonymousreply 11504/20/2013

White, middle aged, male republican.

Just wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 104/16/2013

Joe Mama!

by Anonymousreply 204/16/2013

Boston Bombed on Tax Day.

by Anonymousreply 304/16/2013

'murrican.

by Anonymousreply 404/16/2013

Boston + Tax Day + Patriots Day = TEA PARTY

by Anonymousreply 504/16/2013

Saudi student is the prime suspect now. They raided their apartment.

by Anonymousreply 604/16/2013

No, R6. No, he's not.

by Anonymousreply 704/16/2013

R6 gets all of his news from Fox and the NY Post.

by Anonymousreply 804/16/2013

Guy who hates "the running community" taking over streets in his neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 904/16/2013

R9 wins.

by Anonymousreply 1004/16/2013

We look forward to the day you stop being a worthless cunt, R6

by Anonymousreply 1104/16/2013

An American Country Music fan. (like there are any other kinds).

by Anonymousreply 1204/16/2013

Ha, ha! At least 80% of you were wrong!

by Anonymousreply 1304/19/2013

A Boston news station reported that both are legal citizens from Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 1404/19/2013

AP has reported that the suspects from Chechnya Russia but have been in this country for a year.

by Anonymousreply 1504/19/2013

RUSSIAN

by Anonymousreply 1604/19/2013

They are reportedly foreign, may have military experience, more than one country has been floated.

They do seem to foreign.

by Anonymousreply 1704/19/2013

The living suspect is 19 year old Dzhokar Tsarnaev.

by Anonymousreply 1804/19/2013

Bwahahahahahah!!!

by Anonymousreply 2004/19/2013

Now that they are known foreign, CNN has officially deemed them, Terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 2104/19/2013

Most of you were wrong. They are Moslem Terrorist brothers. Possibly from a terrorist cell here in the US from Chechnya.

by Anonymousreply 2304/19/2013

This is something we're not familiar with, so we can all be forgiven for drawing on our knowledge of past crimes involving redneck douches or Arabic douches. Chechnyan Turks? This represents an entirely new form of douchedom.

by Anonymousreply 2404/19/2013

Russian. I would have guessed homegrown too.

by Anonymousreply 2604/19/2013

Yes r25

by Anonymousreply 2704/19/2013

[qjuote]Now that they are known foreign, CNN has officially deemed them, Terrorists.... Oh, look, it's the butthurt "It's the Tea Party, you fucking racist!!!" twat. They were called terrorist two days ago, dumb fuck.

What are you babbling about? Yesterday, I was watching TV and I heard a reporter say 'we don't know if they are Terrorists, and just this moring both CNN and ABC they say "the supects are described as Terrorists. The press don't want to label domestics as Terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 2804/19/2013

73% wrong...just like everything else in life!!!

by Anonymousreply 2904/19/2013

They were here for ten years. Domestic terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 3004/19/2013

Funny how "Foreign nutjob who is a naturalized or longterm US resident" has only got 15% and, as of writing (when it's been known who the perpatrators are for a while), 73% are still going for homegrown nutjob. Sorry, they ain't Tea Partiers.

by Anonymousreply 3104/19/2013

LOL! Some people are still voting now that his ID is known, so "Domestic Terrorist" has gone from over 80% (when I bumped it this morning)down to 72%!

by Anonymousreply 3204/19/2013

Yes, it's actually a relief this isn't another Timothy McOklahoma. It's difficult enough to understand any person doing something like this, yet a home grown is most perplexing.

by Anonymousreply 3304/19/2013

There were here for one year from Chechnya. Brothers 19 and 20.

by Anonymousreply 3504/19/2013

How "white" is Chechen Muslim, r34?

by Anonymousreply 3604/19/2013

Is this "white" enough for you, r34?

by Anonymousreply 3704/19/2013

I find it interesting that people are so quick to disown this kid (the younger brother). He was one of ours - get used to it. Went to high school here, worked at Harvard. His friend on CNN was completely freaking - the kid appeared 'normal'. It was the older brother that was alienated and never integrated into US life - didnt understand Americans. But the younger brother seemed very integrated. This is not black and white - it was domestic AND international. They're white AND people of color (depending on your POV). Defies easy categorization.

by Anonymousreply 3804/19/2013

As somebody sais on Gawker, "White but not American so everybody wins!"

by Anonymousreply 3904/19/2013

Really, r38? So, what were the younger brother's motives then? That he loved America so much, was a completely normal kid who was well integrated into American society?

Those who wanted the perpetrators to be "white" wanted them to be right-wing Christian fundamentalist Tea Party nutjobs. It's quite clear what "white" means in this case (European descent, right-wing, Christian, not Muslim). Stop trying to be all "nuanced" about what is a case where it's very clear that the motives were about seeing the world in a simplistic, black-and-white way.

by Anonymousreply 4004/19/2013

They keep changing the background. Now they say the brothers have been here for five years, not one.

by Anonymousreply 4104/19/2013

Tamerlan Tsarnaev described himself as "very religious," and said he did not drink or smoke.

by Anonymousreply 4204/19/2013

Blood is thicker than water.

by Anonymousreply 4304/19/2013

Maybe, R43, but you still get run over.

by Anonymousreply 4404/19/2013

Its not clear. I do not think its politically motivated, nor religiously motivated. This has to do with the older brothers mental state. YOU are the lazy one. It IS nuanced. If you want easy cookie-cutter, corporate media fed explanations then go right ahead - but you arent going to et the understanding you need to even begin to address this shit - so buckle in for more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 4504/19/2013

So, r36, are you saying that there are no white Chechen Muslims? Or just no white Muslims?

by Anonymousreply 4604/19/2013

The older one is a psychopath and he roped the younger one into his twisted world.

He has psychopath eyes. Seriously. Like a shark.

by Anonymousreply 4704/19/2013

I'm saying, r46, that those who were hoping the perpetrators would be "white" specifically meant European-origin American, Christian fundamentalist right-wingers.

by Anonymousreply 4804/19/2013

The younger brothers involvement represents tensions in the family re integrating vs keeping to 'the old ways'. The older brother had some stricter beliefs - didnt smoke or drink (I never said he wasnt religious, just that it wasnt primarily religiously motivated). The younger brother had moved away from that. The uncle reports family problems. I think some kind of internal struggle played out in the family - the younger brother got involved out of 'love' for his brother. I think they'll find the younger one was really torn between two different ways of life. This became some weird test of loyalty to his older brother. This wouldnt have happened if not for the older brothers issues and inability to transition into life here. They were not supported by an outside group - they had no money and no plan to get away - they're robbing people for crying out loud. This is very sad for everyone involved.

by Anonymousreply 4904/19/2013

Russian bothers.

by Anonymousreply 5004/19/2013

My hunch is the younger brother fully agreed with whatever his older brother believed.

by Anonymousreply 5104/19/2013

I hope they get this guy alive because I want to know why they did it, not just thrown in with AQueda because they aren't alive to say otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 5204/19/2013

[quote]How "white" is Chechen Muslim, [R34]?

This idiocy boggles the mind.

They're from the very region from which the name of the white race derives. The word "Muslim" has nothing to do with race. And if you're conflating "Muslim" with "Arab" (like a lot of stupid people do), you're still off: they're white, too.

by Anonymousreply 5304/19/2013

Does Muslim + terrorist act = Islamic Terrorism?

(seriously asking)

by Anonymousreply 5404/19/2013

he seems more like Adam Lanza - a fucked up young kid

by Anonymousreply 5504/19/2013

If the terrorists were Chechen rebels, Hilary Swank might be willing to sing their praises...for a nominal fee of course!

by Anonymousreply 5604/19/2013

OMG, they turned out to be Muslims! How dare the facts be so prejudiced!

by Anonymousreply 5704/19/2013

R48 you're beginning to sound insane. These guys are white. Stop trying to now parse the definition of white to now only be christian fundamentalist. The younger guy went through the American school system. According to friends, he was normal. He was a wrestler. He went to the prom.

Stop trying to change the definition of white because you're now uncomfortable because someone like you is a terrorist.

by Anonymousreply 5804/19/2013

this was his last tweet

by Anonymousreply 5904/19/2013

So, a tragic pattern is emerging, but I tend to think more of anomie, Adam Lanza, and James Holmes than international terrorism (I also can't help seeing a continuum between their acts and the forms of terror that we export in the form of drone strikes).

by Anonymousreply 6004/19/2013

They are white.

They are not even Arab, who can also considered white.

by Anonymousreply 6104/19/2013

During newscasts I've heard the terms "sleeper cell" and "they had a plan." These guys don't seem to have had much of a plan. They should have been out of town already or have set up someplace they could lie low for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 6204/19/2013

Well, technically, "white" is neither a race nor a nationality. It's a physical description of someone. Ergo, if someone is a tanned or dark-skinned Arab, he can't be called white.

by Anonymousreply 6304/19/2013

r59 wow looks like he was making a statement about the USAs laxed gun control.

by Anonymousreply 6404/19/2013

Just WHAT do some of you morons think the root word of Caucasian is, hmmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 6504/19/2013

I am rakin in the bucks. I had four bets the terrorist were white and I was right. Cha-ching! I gotta collect my $1800.00.

by Anonymousreply 6604/19/2013

r63 Please tell that to college admission forms, and census forms, and DMV licensing forms, that do indeed call Arabs white.

by Anonymousreply 6704/19/2013

Why are some of you so wound up about race?

This isn't about race.

It is probably about religion.

by Anonymousreply 6804/19/2013

r67 I'm not disputing that Arabs or Indians are Caucasians anthropologically I said some of them are not "white." Clearly neither Bobby Jindal nor Osama Bin Laden are/was white.

by Anonymousreply 6904/19/2013

Again, r69, tell it to the little ticky box on the forms, which would indeed have considered Osama Bin Laden "white." Not Caucasian, but white.

by Anonymousreply 7004/19/2013

White = EVIL.

by Anonymousreply 7104/19/2013

They aren't white, r71.

by Anonymousreply 7204/19/2013

How east it is to get a fucking GREEN CARD???

by Anonymousreply 7304/19/2013

So, what you're saying r58, is that these were normal American guys, especially the younger one. Whatever motivated them has nothing to do with race or ethnicity or nationality, whatever inspired them has nothing to do with a torrid situation thousands of miles away where ethnic/religious group is battling ethnic/religious group.

And, if these guys are white, what is the opposite or alternative to white? Black?

by Anonymousreply 7404/19/2013

I blame Hidden Valley Ranch. Who the fuck knows what's 'hidden' there?

by Anonymousreply 7504/19/2013

Russia warned us that there would be "white" muslims coming and that they would bring terror.

This is a muslim attack on the US. And for those of you who say that they had no financial backing, they surely had some encouragement.

by Anonymousreply 7604/19/2013

R76 - when did Russia warn us of this?

by Anonymousreply 7704/19/2013

One thing is for sure. They WERE NOT Black. So get off your high horse people. Quit saying they were of color. They were NOT. Bunch of racists.

by Anonymousreply 7804/19/2013

Chechnyans are Muslims. They fit the profile.

by Anonymousreply 7904/19/2013

No one's saying they were "of color", r78, which I doubt is a phrase non-white people who are not of sub-Saharan African origin would ever use for themselves anyway.

Some are, however, trying to turn these guys into "homegrown" terrorists, when they were clearly not.

by Anonymousreply 8004/19/2013

The upcoming marathon in London is going to get a lot of attention from law enforcement people.

by Anonymousreply 8104/19/2013

What do we know about this third suspect? Is he Russian?

by Anonymousreply 8204/19/2013

R77 Russia warned us about white-appearing muslim terrorists coming to the US right after the Chechen bombings of two Russian airliners. These suicide bombers were both young women who wore bra bombs. Both airliners, which were full of passengers, blew up over the ocean.

Russia knows what terror is ready to happen and we should have listened to them.

But we have ball-ess 'leadership' in this country. We should have right then, in 2000 or so when this happened, put a ban on immigrants from Chechnya.

Russia warned us and we didn't listen or "forgot."

by Anonymousreply 8304/19/2013

Yes, they are, R72

by Anonymousreply 8404/19/2013

White = Irish, English, Canadian, Scottish, French, Greek, Roman, German, Dutch, Muslim, Iraqy, Iranian, Mexican, Brazilian, Central American, South American, etc. All the bombers are these guys.

Black = African, some Cubans, some Puerto Ricans. Mostly peaceful people.

Take that as you will.

by Anonymousreply 8504/19/2013

Uncle on MSNBC now...

by Anonymousreply 8604/19/2013

R85 Congratulations! In the 20+ years I have surfed the internet, yours is the stupidest comment I have ever read. A new low (even for DL). You are a sad, pathetic individual.

by Anonymousreply 8704/19/2013

Leave it to DL to define 'white'

by Anonymousreply 8804/19/2013

R87 proves to be the sad and pathetic one. There has been far worse posted and you decide to go after this particular bit of nothing?

by Anonymousreply 8904/19/2013

The uncle is wild, in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 9004/19/2013

lol R75

by Anonymousreply 9104/19/2013

Don't forget there has been substantial misinformation already. First they said they had foreign military training (the kid, for sure, does not). Then they said they came to this country to kill people, when the kid studied at Cambridge Rindge and Latin and was attending college at UMass Amherst. The older brother was a champion boxer. So I have to say I think this qualifies as domestic terrorism.

by Anonymousreply 9204/19/2013

They also were not from Chechnya. Their father lives in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 9304/19/2013

R92, they are NOT domestic, they are foreign born!

by Anonymousreply 9404/19/2013

R83 Okay airline bombings were in 2004 and then Russia warned of Chechen terrorists so America should have banned Chechen people in 2000, 4 years earlier. And this prediction was correct because boom 9 years later this happens? Usually I'm not keen on conspiracy theories, irrational paranoia or sweeping generalisations but it's hard not to like something that includes fortune telling and time travel. Oddly enough Chechen seperatists who's issues are with Russia would gain very little by focusing on terorism in the United States (which by the way has a Chechen population of less than 400). Read a little bit about Chechnya, missing/murdered russian journalists etc and you'll see why Russia might have a little vested interest in making vague warnings about them that may be politically motivated rather than based on a real threat.

by Anonymousreply 9504/19/2013

No, R95,

I was off by a few years. After the plane attacks, Russia warned us. Do you not remember the school killings done by Chechen muslims?

Muslims are the most hated group in Russia and they are not tolerated because of repeated, bloody attacks on children and adults.

The attacks have stopped in Russia because the word is out that it will not be tolerated. They take care of business, don't care for anyone but orthodox christians, and don't feel a responsibility to take in and tolerate non-Russian cultures.

And they have access to the largest oil reserves in the Caspian Sea.

by Anonymousreply 9604/19/2013

They were radicalized. By whom? The younger brother even tweeted after the bombings! Some of his friends didn't even know he had an older brother.

by Anonymousreply 9704/19/2013

R97 do you really think that's his twitter account?

by Anonymousreply 9804/19/2013

In Chechnya if a woman dared to go out in public wearing shorts she would be killed, so this may be why these losers picked the marathon to bomb. It offended their poor little dark age souls.

by Anonymousreply 9904/19/2013

Why the hell are people still voting now that we know the outcome?

by Anonymousreply 10004/19/2013

R97, yes, it was confirmed by his friends.

by Anonymousreply 10104/19/2013

Originally from Chechnya, the family came to U.S. a number of years ago. Father has moved from US to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 10204/19/2013

Mother arrested for shoplifting $1,600 from Lord & Taylor. Dead brother arrested for assaulting girlfriend. Looks like they had adjustment problems.

by Anonymousreply 10304/19/2013

Maybe the Russians paid them for a False Flag op so we will share our security technology with them before the Olympics at Sochi next winter.

by Anonymousreply 10404/19/2013

[quote]How east it is to get a fucking GREEN CARD???

As easy as it is to get the left to grant amnesty to illegals.

by Anonymousreply 10504/19/2013

[quote]Mother arrested for shoplifting $1,600 from Lord & Taylor. Dead brother arrested for assaulting girlfriend. Looks like they had adjustment problems.

link.

by Anonymousreply 10604/19/2013

Obviously, it has nothing to do with a policy change towards Chechnya in 2009, changing the regime there and pulling out the bulk of its army. Russia is not the country you clearly think it is and I don't think any of it's approach to Chechnya (while succesful for their political aims), muslims etc is worth emulating. Before they had communism they controlled people using religion, the longer communism has been absent the more religious the country has become again or more accurately the more the government has alligned itself with and pushed religion. Its social control under an increasingly repressive regime. I'm no expert on this though so I'm not going to continue to debate it. A last point though this is actually only the second succesful terrorist attack on the USA by people with islamic origins(I may be wrong, maybe I'm forgetting one) in over a decade. There are 2.5 million muslims living in America and both attacks so far have been committed by individuals who were not born in America. So really despite the fact 2.5 million muslims actually live in the country peacefully and never engage in terrorism, you think it's a good idea to copy Russian opression in the supposed land of liberty? Aren't you sort of losing if the fear of terrorism comes at the cost of one of the core American principles?

by Anonymousreply 10704/19/2013

R107,

Our generosity and open-heartedness is viewed as weakness by many foreigners.

Have you ever tried smiling at immigrants from Russia, or Iran, or the middle east?

They only frown at you and shoot you the evil eye. They seem to think that American-style friendliness and congeniality is strange, weak, and suspect.

That is their mentality. It's dog-eat-dog in many countries--don't project your own hopefullness for any sweet embraces from these types.

by Anonymousreply 10804/19/2013

The link on the shoplifting mama

by Anonymousreply 10904/19/2013

The sad part is she didn't shoplift any makeup.

by Anonymousreply 11004/19/2013

[quote]Originally from Chechnya, the family came to U.S. a number of years ago. Father has moved from US to Russia.

I read he moved back for health reasons. What kind of treatment can he get in Russia than he can't get in the US? Are we to surmise that they have better healtcare in Russia? Or maybe just cheaper healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 11104/19/2013

What a fucking dog, and she looks batshit as well.

Well, there you have it.

by Anonymousreply 11204/19/2013

Nobody knows where they are really from. They are stateless flotsam.

by Anonymousreply 11304/19/2013

What does the uncle do for a living?

by Anonymousreply 11404/19/2013

I wonder how r1's doing today.

by Anonymousreply 11504/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.