Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

George W. Bush: I'm 'Comfortable' With My Legacy On Iraq War

"I'm confident the decisions were made the right way," Bush explained. "It's easy to forget what life was like when the decision was made."

(and the lies you told.)

Video:

by Anonymousreply 2304/18/2013

I have no regrets either. Stick to your guns, W.

by Anonymousreply 104/16/2013

He's comfortable with his legacy on the Iraq War but throws his slippers across the room because he IS uncomfortable about THEM.

by Anonymousreply 204/16/2013

And I'm pretty comfortable in these pyjamas that Laura bought for me, too. Roomy. Roomy and comfy. But sometimes the sleeves dangle down into my paint set and I don't like that. Not one little bit.

by Anonymousreply 304/16/2013

[quote]"I'm confident the decisions were made the right way," Bush explained. "It's easy to forget what life was like when the decision was made."

This is [bold]EXACTLY[/bold] what the bag of shit Australian ex-Prime Minister John Howard said the other day in the Australian media. He was best mates with Bush and Australia was the second country to sign up to invade Iraq.

They must have all gotten together and made sure that their stories (lies) were straight. It's word for word. Those fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 404/16/2013

Blair has also said the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 504/16/2013

When you surround yourself with yes men and syncophants, would you expect anything less than an echo chamber?

by Anonymousreply 604/16/2013

He's not comfortable with leaving the U.S. because he knows he'll be arrested for war crimes.

by Anonymousreply 704/16/2013

W&W to R1!

by Anonymousreply 804/16/2013

This really is sad, outside of any partisan reasons.

The Iraq War was a terrible mistake. We as a country need to acknowledge that. The people that led us their need to apologize. Or else we run the risk of making the same mistake.

by Anonymousreply 904/16/2013

Has he been on a bender since leaving office? The pictures of him with his grandchild were not good. He looked more off than usual.

by Anonymousreply 1004/16/2013

If you thought the Huffington Post article was bad, you HAVE to read the article on the Dallas News site that they took the quote from. I thought I was over hating him but reading the article on the Dallas News site brought it all back. By the time I finished reading it I was bringing my teeth so hard that my partner could hear it.

by Anonymousreply 1104/16/2013

If he's 'comfortable' with his Iraq legacy, he should be 'comfortable" leaving the country.

by Anonymousreply 1204/16/2013

Well , I think this has worked out quite well for everyone, then.

by Anonymousreply 1304/16/2013

From the Dallas News article linked above:

[quote]He described his role as “a person searching for a way to continue to serve without being involved in politics."

Then it goes on, seemingly seriously, to list the self-serving ways in which he's "serving":

[quote]He’s traveled the globe giving private speeches, some for lucrative pay. He’s played an active role in planning the Bush Center, which includes the policy institute, a museum and the official government library dedicated to his presidency. And he’s poured his time and energy into the George W. Bush Institute.

by Anonymousreply 1404/16/2013

Events similar to what happened in Boston yesterday happened all the time in Baghdad in the years after we toppled Saddam.

Multiply the number of casualties from the Boston Marathon by one thousand and that still doesn't approach the number of innocent civilians killed in the Neo-con's war of choice in Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 1504/16/2013

That's like taking a poop, looking in the bowl and patting yourself on the back for eating corn.

by Anonymousreply 1604/16/2013

[quote]"It's easy to forget what life was like when the decision was made."

The families of the countless people killed in this war over lies remember what life was like. Except when they do that, they weep.

by Anonymousreply 1704/16/2013

George: You want to ditch Snow White's mirror NOW; it will eventually betray you with the truth. I recommend that you switch to a sycophantic, enabling Etch-A-Sketch since it is also rewritable.

by Anonymousreply 1804/16/2013

[quote]He’s traveled the globe giving private speeches

The story neglects to say that he has to sneak in and out, that's why they mention "private" speeches. In several nations he had to cancel speeches because there are warrents for his arrest for war crimes.

by Anonymousreply 1904/16/2013

HE is the one with the amnesia, it appears.

by Anonymousreply 2004/16/2013

We should move the entire family to Iraq then if he's so comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 2104/16/2013

Best idea all day, R21.

Here's more from Dubya's story in the Dallas News:

He has pledged to help his nephew, George P. Bush, run for Texas land commissioner. And if his brother Jeb were to run for the White House, the former president said he’ll be a “strong defender” and “do what he wants me to do.”

by Anonymousreply 2204/16/2013

Fuck R22 that's frightening. Like we need any other members of that preposterous family in public roles. They all should be rounded up and sent to Iraq. Let the Iraqis do what they want to them. It's nothing less that they deserve.

by Anonymousreply 2304/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.