Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gwyneth Paltrow is the most-hated celeb in Hollywood

Gwyneth Paltrow probably has plenty of fans, but it seems the blonde beauty has even more haters.

Paltrow topped Star magazine’s list of the 20 Most Hated Celebrities in Hollywood. And though she may be one of the more surprising names on the list, it’s likely the gorgeous and perfectly fit 40-year-old mother has earned her fair share of haters.

Predictably, Kristen Stewart followed Paltrow on the list. The “Twilight” star obviously made the cut because she admitted to cheating on her heartthrob boyfriend Robert Pattinson with a married man last year.

And while it’s no surprise that Chris Brown was listed as one of the most-hated, he was ranked number 20, with stars like Jesse James and Angelina Jolie being listed farther towards the top of the list. Shocking.

Serial daters Taylor Swift and John Mayer were also said to be most hated.

Others who made the cut: Kim Kardashian, her mom Kris Jenner, Anne Hathaway, Justin Bieber and, of course, Lindsay Lohan.

20. Chris Brown

19. Jesse James

18. Taylor Swift

17. Shia LaBeouf

16. Lindsay Lohan

15. Angelina Jolie

14. Jay Leno

13. Ashton Kutcher

12. LeAnn Rimes

10 and 11. Kris Jenner and Kim Kardashian

9. Anne Hathaway

8. Justin Bieber

7. Madonna

6. Matt Lauer

5. Katherine Heigl

4. John Mayer

3. Jennifer Lopez

2. Kristen Stewart

1. Gwyneth Paltrow

by Anonymousreply 10104/17/2013

Sounds about right

by Anonymousreply 104/16/2013

Won't give the FOXNews website any traffic so thanks for supplying the list, OP.

by Anonymousreply 204/16/2013

I think DL agrees with most of these.

Goop and Kstew 1 and 2 is accurate.

by Anonymousreply 404/16/2013

I think the tiny number of KStew-obsessed posters would agree, R4. It is not, however, a representative sample of DataLounge as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 504/16/2013

I'm surprised LeAnn Rimes made the list. Any particular reason Hollywood would hate her?

by Anonymousreply 604/16/2013

Hated by the public or by Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 704/16/2013

Was this list compiled by the readers of Star Magazine? If so, it makes sense. They tend to dislike movie stars (especially 'upptiy' ones), minorities and pop stars. Rimes is the closest thing to a country performer on there and she's hated for her homewrecker reputation.

by Anonymousreply 804/16/2013

The only minority on the list is Chris Brown.

As far as LeAnn, beyond the 'homewrecker' rep, there's the whole famewhoring and constantly calling the paparazzi to film her in a bikini, her fights with her husband's ex, getting into arguments with people on Twitter...

The woman is insane.

by Anonymousreply 904/16/2013

It's a good list, I'm surprised how much the general public agrees with me. Mel Gibson should be on it, but maybe he's considered a has-been and is just forgotten now.

by Anonymousreply 1004/16/2013

Yet they're still putting her and Kstew in movies. Hollywood makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 1104/16/2013

Mel Gibson has the good sense to stay out of the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 1204/16/2013

R9, my comments were more about the readers of Star Magazine then the composition of the list. I realize my methodology is not precise but it was never intended to be. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 1304/16/2013

I wonder a little about Rimes, who just seems like a psyche-addict mess, but agree with the others.

Add Beyonce and her dl fang-faced husband to the list, with Tom Cruise, and that would be just about perfect.

by Anonymousreply 1504/16/2013

I thought the same thing, R16. #19 is a fascist pig and #20 is an abusive thug. #1 has never come close to their level of repulsiveness.

by Anonymousreply 1704/16/2013

The wisdom of crowds.

by Anonymousreply 1804/16/2013

What a great list. Delighted JLo is so high, the public see through her fake act. Goop @ #1 is hilarious.

Just indifferent to KStew, she's awkward and miserable, clearly lesbian and uncomfortable but not hateable unless you invest in Twatlight. She's pretty in a quirky way.

by Anonymousreply 1904/16/2013

Gwyneth Paltrow- "blonde beauty"- those words brighten my day because I'm laughing so hard!

by Anonymousreply 2004/16/2013

The list puzzles me like other posters. What exactly was the criteria to get on the list? Was it public opinion, insider info, media critics, etc.?

In what way is GOOP worse than some douchy woman beater like Chris Brown?

by Anonymousreply 2104/16/2013

Since Goop is more famous than Chris Brown, she's on more people's radars to annoy. Maybe that's it.

by Anonymousreply 2204/16/2013

Do any real people find Paltrow attractive? I always see the media describing her as 'gorgeous' or 'beautiful,' but I don't actually know any straight guys who think she's anything more than average. She's always looked plain, pale, and sickly to me.

by Anonymousreply 2304/16/2013

I think that's the problem and why we get all this bullshit from her. Paltrow's greatest threat is an intelligent, beautiful woman, actress or not. She knows she doesn't have the goods and is insecure so that's why we get all this bullshit from her.

A couple of times when she's been criticized, like a non-Weinstein movie producer calling her ugly and people knocking her website she says she just blocks it all out and that's just "noise" to her. Her one revealing quote.

by Anonymousreply 2404/16/2013

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Gwynnie!

by Anonymousreply 2604/16/2013

It's not just one incident, R25. Chris Brown has been on a rage induced downward spiral for years. Breaking the window at ABC, stealing a fan's iPhone, getting into twitter fights, fights with Drake and Frank Ocean, and never showing one once of remorse. He asks for the bad publicity he gets by acting like a douchbag.

by Anonymousreply 2704/16/2013

The reemergence of Gwyneth helped me see how misplaced my disgust of Anne Hathaway was. One is the nerdy girl from high school who was overly-earnest and president of the drama club. One is the delusional cunt who probably went out of her way to make the lives of others a living hell.

Fuck Gwyneth Paltrow up her boney ass.

by Anonymousreply 2804/16/2013

Chris Brown is going to murder someone someday.

by Anonymousreply 2904/16/2013

"In what way is GOOP worse than some douchy woman beater like Chris Brown?"

Gwynneth is #1 because she works the hardest at attracting Haters.

People at the bottom of the list may be worse human beings, but they try to hush up their nastines. But Gwynneth is out there doing her damndest to get us to listen to her prouncements that we're nobody unless our spring wardrobe costs $500,000, or our homecooked dinner doesn't include $300 of fancy, restricted ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 3004/16/2013

I do not like this list.

by Anonymousreply 3104/16/2013

That Chris Brown douche should be number one. Gwyneth is self-absorbed and delusional, but does that really comepare to being a misogynistic piece of shit like Chris Brown?

by Anonymousreply 3204/16/2013

What? No Sean Pean?

I detest that pompous, wife beating drug abuser.

I also hate dumb as shit Megan Fox.

by Anonymousreply 3304/16/2013

I couldn't vote for Mother since I am under 10 years old. The fact that when I say 'I believe to my core that Mother deserves this rank' is so irony filled is what I almost hate more.

by Anonymousreply 3404/16/2013

I don't get the country singer girl being on there. Like anyone would would even bother to talk about her. Makes no sense. Chris Brown shouldn't be there at all. He has been run through the ringer way to many times.

It looks like Hollywood hates the white folk.

by Anonymousreply 3504/16/2013

I like the list and pretty much hate everyone on it. I feel vindicated.

by Anonymousreply 3604/16/2013

lol @ r36

by Anonymousreply 3704/16/2013

[quote] Makes no sense. Chris Brown shouldn't be there at all.

All righty.

by Anonymousreply 3804/16/2013

[quote]I don't find Lindsay Lohan hateable. There is something unfortunate going on with Lindsay, but it's not hate on the level of Kardashian clan and Taylor Swift.

Came here to say this (she sure as shit isn't on the level of CHRIS FUCKING BROWN, either). I guess the main reason people hate her so much is that she hasn't been made to force any real legal consequences for most of her actions yet. It's a valid complaint, but I don't have it in me to actually hate someone who's just some miserable, mentally ill addict. I certainly wouldn't want to be her, even if she does have more money than me and doesn't have to do much to earn it.

by Anonymousreply 3904/16/2013

Completely agree, R16. I make fun of Goopy on DL all the time, but it's only because it's fun and kills time. I definitely think someone who's both as clueless and her and PROUD enough of how clueless she is as to make public statements that display it again and again deserves to be made fun of, but it's not actually hate worthy.

Chris Brown is another story altogether. And to everyone saying he's being singled out for being a black man - No, that's not the reason. He's being singled out because we actually SAW graphic photos of exactly what he did to Rihanna.

by Anonymousreply 4004/16/2013

Lohan is the worst, I hate that delusional in denial bitch. She just has no shame and doesn't care.

LeAnn Rimes made it cause she's a Twitter obsessive and would get into the gossip rags a lot with her staged battle with that New Housewives bytch or whoever and her weight and obvious self esteem issues. A shame about her as unlike many of the others she did have talent.

Chris Brown - well he staged one hell of a comeback. I don't like him either as he's not contrite and still arrogant as R27 said.

Why is RiRi escaping all the wrath though? I know many who were disgusted with her for going back to him. I guess all those great tunes makes her immune to the hate.

by Anonymousreply 4104/16/2013

Agree with all except GOOP and KStew. One is Marie Antoinette-style which make me laugh now and the other fucked a married dude. What do I care who she fucks? She does no harm.

I do think Shia LaRatFace should be higher on the list.

by Anonymousreply 4204/16/2013

Anne Hathaway is annoying, but she is not as bad as the rest on that list.

by Anonymousreply 4304/16/2013

Kristen Stewart is a miserable cunt with no talent and a smug, irritating attitude. Showing up to the Oscars looking like she had just smoked some crack backstage was just the icing on a shit sundae of a career. Get rid of her.

At least Paltrow can act.

by Anonymousreply 4404/16/2013

Good lord r44 did she pee on you or something? She's easy enough to ignore.

If your going to throw in the Oscars, I'm more pissed that Paltrow was bought the Oscar. Still not over that one.

by Anonymousreply 4504/16/2013

Why is Jesse James on the list? He was never anything more than the husband (now ex) of an actress, and nobody even thinks about him anyway. I can name several other people off the top of my head that are more annoying than him that didn't make the list (James Franco, for example).

by Anonymousreply 4604/16/2013

Oh shit r46. You are right. James Franco isn't on the list.

BOOOOOOOOO. He belongs there.

by Anonymousreply 4704/16/2013

Was also mystified by that one R46.

by Anonymousreply 4804/16/2013

Jesse James = Nazi and cheated on America's Sweetheart.

Ring any bells?

by Anonymousreply 4904/16/2013

Jesse James is a racist Nazi.

That's why r46 and r48

by Anonymousreply 5004/16/2013

surprised that lea michele is not there.

by Anonymousreply 5104/16/2013

Jessie "broke" the heart of America sweetheart Sandra Bullock. Not to mention the Nazi stuff. Sandra was not the innocent she got away with being. That was an arranged marriage that ended because Jessie got sloppy and got caught. The whole façade was bullshit. They both suck.

by Anonymousreply 5204/16/2013

I don't think Sandra got away scot free from the Nazi thing. I saw many question how she could have married the guy and not know. She was just smart enough to keep a low profile these years since.

by Anonymousreply 5304/16/2013

Yeah but Jesse James is not in the public eye is he and most people don't know who he is. Were this list in 2010 I would understand.

by Anonymousreply 5404/16/2013

Lindsey is CTD and we're all watching. That's why she doesnt belong on the list. GOOP could care less what we think, so it's okay.

by Anonymousreply 5504/16/2013

Yes R53 there were a few sane people who questioned how she could live with a guy over five years and not know what he was into. But they were mostly on message boards and the soccer moms outweighed them. The media gave her a big old fucking pass. She got away scot-free. It was bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 5604/16/2013

the list is too short

by Anonymousreply 5704/16/2013

[quote] Why is RiRi escaping all the wrath though? I know many who were disgusted with her for going back to him.

So? The woman is obviously not well. Do people hate other battered women for going back to their abusers? No, they are pitied, and it shouldn't be any different for her.

by Anonymousreply 5804/16/2013

RiRi is not on the list because the list isn't long enough otherwise that cunt would be on it too.

by Anonymousreply 5904/16/2013

I don't pity Rhianna and I don't hate Chris. They are both adults.

by Anonymousreply 6004/16/2013

Let's add to the list

I vote for:

James Franco

Sean Penn

Jennifer Aniston

Robert Pattinson

Charlie Sheen

Mel Gibson

Beyonce and Jay-Z

Tom Cruise

Halle Berry

by Anonymousreply 6104/16/2013

what about Mel Gibson?

by Anonymousreply 6204/16/2013

Definitely Beyonce and Jay Z and please don't forget Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 6304/16/2013

R50 I know, but my point is, he's not Hollywood (never was, just married to an actress), and nobody has given him a second thought since the divorce in 2010. In 2013, nobody's thinking about him and there are currently several other people more annoying.

by Anonymousreply 6404/16/2013

There is something seriously wrong with peoples judgement when Kartrashian and C. Brown are less hated than Goop.

I bet the hate goes through the roof when the hicks find out Goop did the Paris press for Iron Man 3 speaking French.

by Anonymousreply 6504/16/2013

I doubt anyone cares about what she speaks they just want her to go away. I'd take a Chris Brown concert over one of her dumbass movies anyday.

by Anonymousreply 6604/16/2013

Didn't make her book make the top selling list in the New York Times. Maybe somebody just wants her to be hated by the public.

by Anonymousreply 6704/16/2013

Paltrow has actually been in a few good movies. She might have better output than the rest on this list.

by Anonymousreply 6804/16/2013

They are all just jealous.

by Anonymousreply 6904/16/2013

I agree with R68.

by Anonymousreply 7004/16/2013

I'm surprised Angelina Jolie made it that high, I don't notice people complaining about her that often. And the Katherine Heigle ranking seems a few years behind.

Personally, I'm indifferent to Jolie and a few of the others and like Stewart.

Leno annoys me only as much as Letterman does.

by Anonymousreply 7104/16/2013

I don't hate Leno. He's innocuous.

by Anonymousreply 7204/16/2013

Come on, the average public does not hate Julia Roberts. I don't even know why we are supposed to hate her out here. Don't care to hear either.

The list seems pretty easy to understand. I would reverse Lopez and Brown's positions and call it a day.

Beyonce and Nicki Minaj may make the list next year for those who feel that minorities are under represented.

by Anonymousreply 7304/16/2013

AnnE is #9 but they like me!

by Anonymousreply 7404/16/2013

Phony bitch Julia Roberts has turned off many people. Her last movie was seen by no one.

by Anonymousreply 7504/16/2013

[quote] I'm surprised Angelina Jolie made it that high, I don't notice people complaining about her that often.

Why would anyone hate her? Except maybe those flyover fraus who are still crying over Brad's divorce? Of course who else has the time or inclination to vote in these lame polls?

She is professional, never been arrested or trashed a hotel room LOL!, works her ass off doing decent things in the world for others and I've never read her ever bad mouth or be catty about others in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 7604/17/2013

R76 She annoys me. I wouldn't say I hate her though. She takes herself too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 7704/17/2013

R77 Agree with you Jolie is all about PR. She is the ultimate famewhore.

by Anonymousreply 7804/17/2013

We thank you, R76 and R77. You can go back now to folding laundry in your mother's basement. We'll let you know if we need any more comments from either of you.

by Anonymousreply 7904/17/2013

I have to wonder about people who would spend their time 'hating' celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 8004/17/2013

True r80. I've made a point of trying not to say 'hate'. I try to say dislike.

by Anonymousreply 8104/17/2013

Jesse James may not have been "Hollywood" but didn't he have a TV reality show of some kind? I saw him on talk shows before he hooked up with Sandra. When they got married, I already knew who he was due to his show biz connections. He was also featured on a motorcycle segment with Ross the Intern on the Tonight show.

Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't bother me. She's so far off my radar that I don't pay attention to anything she says and does. Why take the time and energy to "hate" someone who isn't part of your life except for a name in a DL thread -- and this is the first thread I've ever opened that has her name in the title.

I just wonder what those people think when they see their name on this top 20 list. Which ones will be upset and who thinks any publicity is a plus no matter if it's a hate list?

by Anonymousreply 8204/17/2013

He did r82. He had a very successful run on The Discovery Channel with West Coast Choppers. It launched a bunch of these bike shows that are on now.

by Anonymousreply 8304/17/2013

Vanity Fair is on the case and reporting that Goopy's book is #1 on the hard cover list. Egads.

Confounding celebrity news . . . According to a very scientific poll conducted over the course of several years by esteemed researchers at absolute-last-resort-reading-at-the-hair-salon In Touch magazine, Gwyneth Paltrow was voted a more “hated” celebrity than presumed celebrity adulterers Ashton Kutcher and Jesse James; known American-empire adulterers Kim and Kris Kardashian, and accused domestic-abuse perpetrator Chris Brown. This revelation seems to reflect worse on In Touch readers than it does on Paltrow herself, who has never been accused of assaulting a significant other (as far as we know) or wearing see-through maternity clothing. Do In Touch readers really abhor the Oscar winner who just wants to share her money-saving, makeup, and go-to-cleanse tips—no matter how impractical and ungrounded they may seem—more than the man who is widely believed to have cheated on America’s Sweetheart Sandra Bullock?! (The only acceptable explanation of his comparatively low ranking being that voters were confused on which “Jesse James” was intended in the poll.)

In other In-Touch-reader-preference news, voters also did not especially care for Kristen Stewart (#2), Angelina Jolie (#15), or Lindsay Lohan (#16)—which seems curious considering how many tabloid covers the aforementioned personalities appear on and presumably sell.

Reassuringly for Gwyneth, these voters do not apparently share the same feelings as consumers of books, who helped the actress’s latest cookbook, It’s All Good, reach No. 1 in the Hardback Advice section of the New York Times best-seller list.

by Anonymousreply 8404/17/2013

Lindsay is a klepto, a grifter, and a pathetic 'the black kid did it!' liar.

For Gwyneth this is nothing but more PR for her book.

Angelina Jolie being on that list is downwright an insult when there are so many other more suitable candidates for that list. Unless they wanted the list to have some kind of variety of celebs who are hated for different things (woman stealing hussy, anger management issues, delusioned, druggie, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 8504/17/2013

oops, men stealing hussy, of course.

by Anonymousreply 8604/17/2013

Hating on somebody one doesn't know personally is often pushed by interest groups and their opinion makers. I seriously doubt anybody with a healthy and normal judgement would hate Goop the way she is being aggressively hated in certain circles.

She may not represent the average 40 year old with 2 children, hence why "average" women can't relate to her, but that does not justify the hate overkill she gets on a regular bases.

by Anonymousreply 8704/17/2013

Is r87 the lone goopstan here? We've hated goop since this place opened dearheart.

by Anonymousreply 8804/17/2013

R88 You are just one of the crazy irrational haters.

by Anonymousreply 8904/17/2013

I don't understand all the hate for Taylor and Angelina.

by Anonymousreply 9004/17/2013

This list baffled me, too.

Paltrow wouldn't make my top 100 list. She just has that sort of personality that is annoying. Bieber is far worse,

Mayer could teach Bieber a lot about being a douche, though this poll was taken before the Anne Frank business. JB may have overtaken Mayer with that.

LiLo is sad and pathetic but I don't despise her at all. Her parents, on the other hand....

The talent-free Kardashians disgust me and I would still like someone to explain their popularity to me. I don't get it, except that Gaycrest produces their show and they get nonstop publicity on the E! Network.

Chris Brown was outed by an ex-bf (some other "famous" rap star) as being a mean closet case but the media wouldn't touch it. RiRi is as bad, for saying essentially, "It's all good, be a punching bag. It's publicity."

I suppose it's good that Taylor Swift is on this list. Famewhores are tiresome, even moreso when they beard for closeted gay guys.

Most of the rest don't even register. Ashton Kutcher? Who even thinks about him now?

Heigl? Much hated on DL but I barely know anything about her. She must be something to have made the list.

LeAnn Rimes? She's partly famous for being a singer but primarily for being attacked for being a "homewrecker." Jesus, Eddie Cibrian's ex-wife has turned being a cunt into a career. If I were Cibrian, I'd have run for my life. Especially as he now has a wife with money. LeAnn may not win any awards for beauty but she's sort of cute; the ex is scary, surgery-wise.

The Twilight chick is attractive but boring. Is she a dyke or a slut? No interest, for me.

by Anonymousreply 9104/17/2013

LeAnn Rimes looks Asian

by Anonymousreply 9204/17/2013

They chose exactly the right person for most hated, but she'll probably claim everyone's jealous of her and her "beauty" and perfect life.

Lohan should've been #2 and she also should be in jail. People let her off too easy.

by Anonymousreply 9304/17/2013

[quote]You are just one of the crazy irrational haters.

Anybody who uses the word 'hater' is either a 12 year old girl or retarded.

by Anonymousreply 9404/17/2013

R94 You are not only irrational but also illiterate!

by Anonymousreply 9504/17/2013

The Goopbot is offended!

by Anonymousreply 9604/17/2013

[quote]Chris Brown is going to murder someone someday.

This statement, in itself, is racist. No one ever says the same of Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Charlie Sheen, Eminem or Mel Gibson.

Some of these men have abused multiple women but Chris Brown is tarred for one incident when he was a kid and still had growing up to do.

by Anonymousreply 9704/17/2013

Where's Mel Gibson??

And Chris Brown should be #1.

by Anonymousreply 9804/17/2013

One incident, R97?

-Broke a window at ABC studios with a chair because he was annoyed at the questions during an interview.

-Got into an altercation with a fan and stole her iPhone

-Got into a fight with Drake

-Got into a fight with Frank Ocean

-Has a tattoo of a battered woman on his neck

-Has numerous Twitter meltdowns

-Has a song talking about 'owning' Rihanna's pussy

I could go on.

by Anonymousreply 9904/17/2013

Isn't this from STAR magazine readers? They hate people they perceive as high-faultin' and Gwyneth embodies that more than anybody else. I've always noticed that in the worlds of the really low-rent tabloids (Star, Nat. Enquirer, Globe), country music performers and soap stars get a pass. Everyone else, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 10004/17/2013

R91 agreed! Goopy I actually can imagine is a pretty cool chick to have a beer or two with.

Good analysis of the Brown/Rihanna situation. They are actually miking the whole abuse shit for PR and millions of young woman see Rihanna as a role model. It's pretty sickening!

by Anonymousreply 10104/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!